• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#23,579]Ukraine War Thread

I'm 80% convinced that Russia did it. Poland might have but I very much doubt it, the "upside" for them is nothing. Russia has the technical knowledge and well developed means to hit the right points, and gains the benefit of sending a very serious warning to the west that it is willing to go after European infrastructure.

Besides, I've noticed that the Russians are trying to pin it on the US, but are not showing the outrage one might expect from Gazprom's loss of property. They really don't care, save for an opportunity to smear the allies.
Hope you are correct. But there are costs to Russia and the pipeline might be unusable due to salty Walter entering the pipes. Costs to Russia are extensive long and shortterm

The Ukrainian channel ТСН (or 1+1) occasionally takes a break from its nearly non-stop news marathon about the war to host a comedy program mocking russia, with tonight's episode ending just a minute ago.

It's the kind of thing that you might expect. Clips of drunken russians followed by videos of goats collapsing as if drunk followed by a fake mobilization officer looking over fences and announcing that drunkenness is not an excuse but a prerequisite.

Anyway, this program shows many of the same videos of drunken russians--backed often by circus music--that we have circulated in this thread.

This war has been a disaster for Russia, and it will only get worse.
No one is coming to rescue them
The Russian people could stop this very easily. All it takes is a large group of people with balls of steel to besiege the Kremlin.

Some recently updated maps

If push comes to shove, and Ukraine successfully surrounds Lyman, Russian forces there will surrender. They know they'll be better off as POWs then trying to fight the Ukrainians off.

I listened to this (and read the subtitles) and I'm flabbergasted. I'm hearing the hyper nationalist talking heads make every possible excuse as to why others than themselves should be fed "into the meat grinder" like those "millions of ethnic minorities" and "art students". There presumptive arrogance and elitism, as well as racism, isn't a flaw to their audience, its a feature - a justification that they fully believe is anything but laughable hyporcrisy.

Yet, I'm sure they know their viewers which, I think, tells us a lot about how Russians think. If there are "special rules" for Russia to legitimize the killing of others, it follows their are special rule's to allow the war mongers to make other's risk their lives in doing so.

Hypocrisy is not alien to the western mind, but this child like "logic" is stunning.

Those dudes just ooze writ-large arrogance.

10 hours ago.

Event: On September 21, the Russian government began a mobilization of its citizens to the armed forces in support of its invasion of Ukraine. Russia may refuse to acknowledge dual nationals’ U.S. citizenship, deny their access to U.S. consular assistance, prevent their departure from Russia, and conscript dual nationals for military service.

Etc etc

Translation: Russia may do something stupid soon

If it was Russia that did it, that could be construed as an act of war.
It could be.
Norway & others are increasing security but these lines are easy targets

If push comes to shove, and Ukraine successfully surrounds Lyman, Russian forces there will surrender. They know they'll be better off as POWs then trying to fight the Ukrainians off.
And up to 10 or 15 years for Russian troops who surrender without permission

Going to be a rush getting out from under Russia
Almost 100,000 Russians have entered Kazakhstan since September 21, when Russian President Vladimir Putin announced the mobilisation, the Kazakh interior ministry said on Tuesday.
“Most of them have to leave because of the hopeless situation. We have to take care of them and secure their safety,” Tokayev said.

Interesting presentation from the point of view of Russian soldiers. Captured conversations of Russian soldiers telling the truth to their friends, family, and girlfriends about the disaster the idiot Putin lead their country into.

Lyman is basically cut of. The only escape road is well in Ukraine arty reach. Next to nothing can drive down that road.
Toast as I call it.
With Ukraine making good time in gains, lots of rivers/lakes Russians must face as they retreat
18 more HIMARS coming from the US. Wonder when they arrive, or are most already there?

Could see another rout, as supplies and troops are in short supply
All those Russian trapped on Kherson's west bank

Interesting presentation from the point of view of Russian soldiers. Captured conversations of Russian soldiers telling the truth to their friends, family, and girlfriends about the disaster the idiot Putin lead their country into.

Wow...and that was from March.

Back
Top Bottom