• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#23,579]Ukraine War Thread

With Ukraine making good time in gains, lots of rivers/lakes Russians must face as they retreat
18 more HIMARS coming from the US. Wonder when they arrive, or are most already there?

Could see another rout, as supplies and troops are in short supply
All those Russian trapped on Kherson's west bank

Those HIMARs are part of a 1.1B dollar package, only approved in the last day or two. They are not there yet and, if past behavior is repeated, they will arrive in "penny packets" of four units, every two or three weeks. And that is also unclear, because in the past the US military has only been training in batches to fit those packets.

So, it might take 10 to 12 weeks from now before all are shipped.

On the other hand, should the Pentagon believe that the surplus training provided to date (more were trained than needed) they might ship them much more rapidly, feeling Ukraine can now train their own.

The good news is that if there was a fear of a missile shortage, they wouldn't be doubling the number of HIMARS in battle.

With Ukraine making good time in gains, lots of rivers/lakes Russians must face as they retreat
18 more HIMARS coming from the US. Wonder when they arrive, or are most already there?

Could see another rout, as supplies and troops are in short supply
All those Russian trapped on Kherson's west bank
Best those guys in Lyman can do, wave the white flag, or just die.

And more PZH 2000.
As I said keep the 25000 in Kherson cut off, they are all from the Dumbars and hammer the East. Lyman is done, 2500 or so Russian soldiers, plus equipment.
Next Kreminna, cut the logistics there, its like Dominos. Those conscripts will not do duddly against the now war hardened and well led Ukrainians.
Now the US has send its most modern air defense and sometimes next month the first of 3 Iris systems will arrive. With that Russian drones and air planes can kiss their arses good by.

Those HIMARs are part of a 1.1B dollar package, only approved in the last day or two. They are not there yet and, if past behavior is repeated, they will arrive in "penny packets" of four units, every two or three weeks. And that is also unclear, because in the past the US military has only been training in batches to fit those packets.

So, it might take 10 to 12 weeks from now before all are shipped.

On the other hand, should the Pentagon believe that the surplus training provided to date (more were trained than needed) they might ship them much more rapidly, feeling Ukraine can now train their own.

The good news is that if there was a fear of a missile shortage, they wouldn't be doubling the number of HIMARS in battle.
President can move funds around as we saw with Trump and the wall funds from the military budget

And up to 10 or 15 years for Russian troops who surrender without permission
They could always request political asylum. I'm sure many Russian soldiers (at least the low-rank ones who feel like they've been conned) who have been taken as POWs have given that a shot.

Can you imagine what doubling the number of HIMARs will do for Ukraine?

Every front (if you think of it as 5 fronts) will now have up to 6 HIMARs and 1 M270 (which is more mobile in mud). Moreover this may portend the use of unguided missiles that were in stock but retired, which are considerably more accurate than the Russian equivalent.

Perhaps the mobilization prompted the administration to do something more.

They could always request political asylum. I'm sure many Russian soldiers (at least the low-rank ones who feel like they've been conned) who have been taken as POWs have given that a shot.

I read that several hours ago the first of the mobilized surrendered without seeing battle. On that basis I'd like to name him as the smartest Russian ever. However, the back story is that he actually deserted his unit and tried to find his way back to Russia on foot. He got lost and was picked up by a Ukrainian patrol.

I think a number of EU/European countries have stated that Russians fleeing mobilization will not be granted asylum
Read 1 report, not confirmed, by a Kazakhstan Minister of those Russians who left, if Russia provided warrants for their arrest, they would be returned to Russia.
Doing the 2 step with Putin
I think about 200K Russians left for Georgia in the past week or so

I'd love to live in a world where a limited nuclear exchange is a thing, but I really don't think this is that world.
?
What do you mean?

Of course its entirely possible.

More hardware from Germany.........good for them!
Many overlook the fact that Germany has/will provide updated tanks/AD/armor/artillery to Poland, Grecce, Slovakia and others to replace Russian kit provided to Ukraine.
Not on a 1 for 1 basis, but these countries just get an added boost to replace old kit, and update their military to NATO standards

Listing of US provided kit.
Capabilities include:

• 18 High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS) and associated ammunition;
  • 150 Armored High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWVs);
  • 150 Tactical Vehicles to tow weapons;
  • 40 trucks and 80 trailers to transport heavy equipment;
  • Two radars for Unmanned Aerial Systems;
  • 20 multi-mission radars;
  • Counter-Unmanned Aerial Systems;
  • Tactical secure communications systems, surveillance systems, and optics;
  • Explosive ordnance disposal equipment;
  • Body armor and other field equipment;
  • Funding for training, maintenance, and sustainment.

Read or has some audio
Someone else was listening in: the Ukrainian government.

The New York Times has exclusively obtained recordings of thousands of calls that were made throughout March and intercepted by Ukrainian law enforcement agencies from this pivotal location.

Reporters verified the authenticity of these calls by cross-referencing the Russian phone numbers with messaging apps and social media profiles to identify soldiers and family members. The Times spent almost two months translating the recordings, which have been edited for clarity and length.

Back
Top Bottom