• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#23,579]Ukraine War Thread

Sure, Ukraine can simply promise uninterrupted gas and oil so that russia leaves the nuclear power plant, and then break that promise at its earliest convenience, just as russia has done to Ukraine numerous times before.

There is no point to negotiation, agreements, or treaties with russia.

russia only understands force.

Sure, Ukraine can simply promise uninterrupted gas and oil so that russia leaves the nuclear power plant, and then break that promise at its earliest convenience, just as russia has done to Ukraine numerous times before.

There is no point to negotiation, agreements, or treaties with russia.

russia only understands force.
If Russia breaks the deal, Ukraine will interfere with the transit of Russian oil/gas. Russia needs currency to finance this war. Assets frozen.
If they reach & keep an agreement, it take a possible nuclear accident at Europe's largest nuke plant off the table, I am fine with that

If Russia breaks the deal, Ukraine will interfere with the transit of Russian oil/gas. Russia needs currency to finance this war. Assets frozen.
If they reach & keep an agreement, it take a possible nuclear accident at Europe's largest nuke plant off the table, I am fine with that

I think you're underestimating the justified Ukrainian hatred of russia and as well as russia's capacity to break any promise.

I'm sure that Ukraine will never negotiate with russia about the transit of oil and gas that will then give russia the funds to buy more bombs to shell more of Ukraine.

. . . Unless Ukraine negotiates in order to immediately break that agreement.

I think you're underestimating the justified Ukrainian hatred of russia and as well as russia's capacity to break any promise.

I'm sure that Ukraine will never negotiate with russia about the transit of oil and gas that will then give russia the funds to buy more bombs to shell more of Ukraine.

. . . Unless Ukraine negotiates in order to immediately break that agreement.
I don't think Ukraine will break an agreement if made. Both need it, same as the grain deal.
That plant produced approx 20% of Ukrainian power. Eventually it will be hooked back into the Ukrainian grid

They're gonna booby trap the reactor.

EU suspended billions in funding to Hungary

This is a no-win for Orban and he knows it. It just makes him look good to his overlord and master.

The EU is simply a loose coalition where nations agree a pot of cash they are otherwise free to arrange between themselves how to use. Orban can block officially pooled EU funds to Ukraine but he can't block those same EU nation(s) from independently giving that same cash or weaponry to Ukraine. (which they have been right from the start anyway.)

What makes it a no-win is that none of those independent EU nations will ever willingly donate funds to Hungary to replace what has now been withheld by the EU.

They're gonna booby trap the reactor.
As in cause it to be damaged or make it dangerous to traverse? If you think the former the radiation leak would reach Russia, which would be counterproductive.

A lovely story, maybe @Yakshi can contact him for the drawings...

Translation:

They weld field stoves in their spare time - sent to the war in Ukraine

Two months ago, Morgan Collin, product engineer at Väderstad (https://www.vaderstad.com/se/) , saw a news report about how stoves were welded in Ukraine.

- The idea was born to do it as a citizen initiative and as an evening job where we help each other, he says.

Since then, around 60 designers have welded together 150 field stoves which in turn were sent down to a war-torn Ukraine.

- The only thing the war is about right now is freezing out Ukraine and if we can keep them warm, it is at least as important as other aid, says Morgan Collin at Väderstad in Mjölby municipality.

The response has been huge and Morgan Collins' drawings have been shared with other manufacturers.

- There are approximately 600 stoves of this design that are manufactured by other companies now, he says.

Original story (in Swedish):

A lovely story, maybe @Yakshi can contact him for the drawings...

Translation:

They weld field stoves in their spare time - sent to the war in Ukraine

Two months ago, Morgan Collin, product engineer at Väderstad (https://www.vaderstad.com/se/) , saw a news report about how stoves were welded in Ukraine.

- The idea was born to do it as a citizen initiative and as an evening job where we help each other, he says.

Since then, around 60 designers have welded together 150 field stoves which in turn were sent down to a war-torn Ukraine.

- The only thing the war is about right now is freezing out Ukraine and if we can keep them warm, it is at least as important as other aid, says Morgan Collin at Väderstad in Mjölby municipality.

The response has been huge and Morgan Collins' drawings have been shared with other manufacturers.

- There are approximately 600 stoves of this design that are manufactured by other companies now, he says.

Original story (in Swedish):

When I was in the military we had these. Same stove since the Korean War

Back
Top Bottom