• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#210]Americans Prefer Trump Over Biden On Presidential Ballot In 2024: I&I/TIPP Poll

You started a thread that implied that Joe Biden is a loser and you don't understand how that contributes to divisiveness? hmm.
Do you really think this OP is divisive? A poll about the next presidential election - and who Americans, Democrats and Republicans prefer (according to the poll data). Boy, if that's divisive in the minds of some, it's going to be a rough couple years for that group!

You previously wrote:
JMB802 said:
IMO, the practice of deliberately disseminating misleading and false information is what spawned our current political division.

I asked you:
How so?

You didn't answer my question.
Do you really expect me to explain to you why lies and misinformation are harmful? That's kindergarten stuff.

Do you really think this OP is divisive? A poll about the next presidential election - and who Americans, Democrats and Republicans prefer (according to the poll data). Boy, if that's divisive in the minds of some, it's going to be a rough couple years for that group!
Who they prefer on the ballot -- not who they prefer to win.

The poll isn't divisive. The misleading spin is divisive. As evidenced by the thinly veiled personal insults and the warning in this thread.

I didn't make up figures. The O/P said the Democrats were given a companion poll. The source accurately told the results of both polls. "Some 23% of all those queried said they wanted Donald Trump to head the Republican presidential ticket, compared to just 19% for Biden."
I never thought I'd see the day facts or results from the O/P article and comparison of two identical polls would be labeled as divisive.

🤷

Yes, I agree. We are not unique in that regard, limited choices.
IMO, America has been between a rock and a hard place for some time. Perhaps that is why there is so much division amongst us.
Presidential elections are always choosing the lesser of two evils.
Given the present state of the nation, economy, Southern Border crisis, this administration's performance, and international state of affairs, pretty sure the US electorate screwed up that choice.
That being said, they had a lot of manipulation from the left to help them along down that road.

Do you really expect me to explain to you why lies and misinformation are harmful? That's kindergarten stuff.
I was wondering the same thing so I pondered what you wrote.
I thought of the fake dossier and the various witch hunts against Trump. Then I thought about calling the Hunter Biden (true) story Russian disinformation and all the higher ups signing a doc with that determination. I do think things like that tend to anger some.

Presidential elections are always choosing the lesser of two evils.
Given the present state of the nation, economy, Southern Border crisis, this administration's performance, and international state of affairs, pretty sure the US electorate screwed up that choice.
That being said, they had a lot of manipulation from the left to help them along down that road.

They most certainly did have a lot of manipulation from the likes of the predominately left leaning MSM who sat on actual news stories, and high Tech Twitter and FB censoring investigative journalism. Speaking of polls, I think there's a reliable poll that says something about if they had only known that Hunter Biden's laptop was real.

I thought of the fake dossier and the various witch hunts against Trump. Then I thought about calling the Hunter Biden (true) story Russian disinformation and all the higher ups signing a doc with that determination. I do think things like that tend to anger some.

You want to know what angered me the most about all that? Brennan and Clapper signing their names to a letter along with 49 others who said the Hunter Biden laptop story was mostly likely, (drum roll),....their favorite boogieman, Russian disinformation. Oh well, last laugh's on them.

They most certainly did have a lot of manipulation from the likes of the predominately left leaning MSM who sat on actual news stories, and high Tech Twitter and FB censoring investigative journalism. Speaking of polls,

I think there's a reliable poll that says something about if they had only known that Hunter Biden's laptop was real.
You mean like this one?

New Polling Shows That Almost 1/4 of DEMOCRAT Voters Believe Biden Would Not Be President Today if The Media Had Fully Reported About Hunter’s ‘Laptop from Hell’
By Julian Conradson, March 26, 2022
Following the New York Times’ recent acknowledgment that the infamous Hunter Biden laptop is actually 100% legit, new polling released this week by Rasmussen Reports shows that a growing number of Democrat voters are waking up to the fact that the 2020 election was, at the very least, rigged, if not outright stolen.​
In other words, the narrative is crumbling – it’s impossible to hide the fact that Biden is an illegitimate and incompetent president.​
According to the poll from March 24th, nearly a quarter of registered Democrat voters now believe that Joe would not be president today if the media had done their jobs and fully reported the story about Hunter’s laptop when the contents were released in the lead up to the 2020 election.​

Do two wrongs make a right?

You mean like this one?

New Polling Shows That Almost 1/4 of DEMOCRAT Voters Believe Biden Would Not Be President Today if The Media Had Fully Reported About Hunter’s ‘Laptop from Hell’
By Julian Conradson, March 26, 2022
Following the New York Times’ recent acknowledgment that the infamous Hunter Biden laptop is actually 100% legit, new polling released this week by Rasmussen Reports shows that a growing number of Democrat voters are waking up to the fact that the 2020 election was, at the very least, rigged, if not outright stolen.​
In other words, the narrative is crumbling – it’s impossible to hide the fact that Biden is an illegitimate and incompetent president.​
According to the poll from March 24th, nearly a quarter of registered Democrat voters now believe that Joe would not be president today if the media had done their jobs and fully reported the story about Hunter’s laptop when the contents were released in the lead up to the 2020 election.​

You know, I am looking at the date of that poll above, March 26, 2022, and then I am looking at the date of the poll from the O/P source, April, and it makes sense to me now why only 19% of Democrats polled by IBD wanted Biden's name to head the presidential ticket.

Yikes!
This thread is going to cause major up set. Look for over the top posts on the very nasty side.
There is no doubt the country was in much better when Trump was president as compared to what we have from
Biden.
If the polls are correct, apparently people are looking in their rearview mirrors and though there were a number who didn't like Trump personally, they liked many of his policies. Now they look ahead and are very concerned. Every time they fill their tank, purchase groceries, pay their utilities and all basic essentials, the rising costs are a real burden for them. They get their 401k/IRAs statements and continue to see losses. Yet they remember during Trump's 4 years they gained back a good amount of what they lost under the Obama administration.

Most believe the writing is on the wall that Democrats are going to lose the House and Senate. The question is by how badly?

Some 23% of all those queried said they wanted Donald Trump to head the Republican presidential ticket, compared to just 19% for Biden
Not that you will read this, not that you thought about the stupidity of the poll structure, but asking anyone who can't vote in the primary who they want for the opposing POTUS candidate.....is completely pointless.

Not that you will read this, not that you thought about the stupidity of the poll structure, but asking anyone who can't vote in the primary who they want for the opposing POTUS candidate.....is completely pointless.

I read it.

I read it.
I know hon, you read them all.....the issue is you can't debate.....at all, ever.

Again, asking those who can't/won't vote in a primary who they want as an opposition candidate is totally pointless........as is creating a thread about a such a stupid poll.

No. It actually is more Americans - look at the poll results - Trump "overall" was 23% -
And Biden was 19%. A difference of 4% of poll participants, which falls within the poll’s margin of error.

Remember, the poll is not a head to head hypothetical contest between Trump and Biden, so there really are no bragging rights to be claimed.
among Repubs, he was 49%. Same for Biden the other way
49% approval among Republicans. Not 49% of Republicans say they want Trump to be their party’s candidate.
Actually just the opposite
Your poll is a snapshot in time, and is several months out of date.

Year over year, the Republican Party has declined more often than grown. Also, as Independents have become the largest (non) party, the majority tend to vote Dem.

That's all we can hope for... I'm sure there are plenty of people who are sorry they voted for this president and his predecessor, in retrospect.
We don't always get what we want.
We rarely get what we want and when we do we usually realize we wanted the wrong things

There was a companion poll for Democrats. It's mentioned in the article. Read for yourself:
I did. The contents of the article do not support it’s misleading title. Something that has been explained to you by multiple forum members.

I have several to choose from…. #1. Biden #2. Hillary #3. Harris #4. Mayor Pete versus Trump😏

Hey, don't beat on my guy Mayor Pete! He's my guy! (y)

I don't think he's as 'unelectable' as some would like to make him out to be.

In fact, besides Dems I think he might do well with Indies as well.

I did. The contents of the article do not support it’s misleading title. Something that has been explained to you by multiple forum members.

And there are multiple people who have posted to the thread, (Chomsky and Overitall for starters), who are in disagreement with you.
I think the reputation of TIPP pollsters speaks for itself. They are considered sterling as pollsters. You, of course, are at liberty to disagree.

It's early, of course but as of today, Americans favor Trump, Pence, and DeSantis for the Republican ticket in 2024.
No real surprise here.... ^^^

Here's the surprise! With all the predominantly leftist boo-hooing and belly-aching, two impeachments, the media mudslinging, and the ongoing investigations to dirty him up, they can't keep Donald from being that guy!

Americans Prefer Trump Over Biden On Presidential Ballot In 2024: I&I/TIPP Poll

eta: https://tippinsights.com/americans-...on-presidential-ballot-in-2024-i-i-tipp-poll/

OK. The US still thankfully remains a democracy, and people deserve to get what they want, and deserve.

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
-HL Mencken

Let’s just hope though that it’s still a democracy by the time Trump and his supporters are done with it. Somehow I am a little skeptical it still will be if Trump gets another whack at that piñata.

And there are multiple people who have posted to the thread, (Chomsky and Overitall for starters), who are in disagreement with you.
I think the reputation of TIPP pollsters speaks for itself. They are considered sterling as pollsters. You, of course, are at liberty to disagree.
I love disagreement! It's through it that one's mind can expand if you can accept it, or implode if you can't.

Back
Top Bottom