• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:201] What Christianity Is Not About.

He said as an atheist he didn’t have live by those standards.

Sparky is hypocritical for having two sets of standards. One for Christians and a lower one for atheists.
I'm not sure how you came to think I have a different standard for Christians and atheist's, you might have to explain that to me.
I did say we are all hypocrites to some degree, yourself included.

Christianity is not simply faith-based.....though it can also be just that.
Since God had given us critical thinking to use for discernment (which we have been encouraged to do), it is also based on logic.

Agnosticism is a logical position for someone who hasn't really studied the Scriptures and the Abrahamic God.

Atheism isn't agnosticism. Period.
Atheism is the illogical position.

Your claim that there is such a thing as really studying the Scriptures and the Abrahamic God is bogus. It is not about really studying at all. It is about believing in them. How many other religious texts and other gods have you really studied? Logic has absolutely nothing to do with any of this, not does what you incorrectly think it means to study something. You are talking about belief, pure and simple, and belief does not result from study at all, it results from accepting as true no matter what. Belief in religions does not derive from study, but from an emotional acceptance of them. Religious belief is not the result of logical thought. Religion is not a form of logic.

What cockamamie response is that?

It is all your cockamamie post deserves.
How is it irrelevant?

Try re-reading the post you replied to initially. Then it should become clear...perhaps.
How would you have known of Jesus and His character?

Through the textual evidence, that is, if it is correct of course, as clearly some of it isn't.
Lol. You've been using the narrative in the Scriptures........................... and now you say that? :ROFLMAO:

Oh dear. Will it be worth my time to try and improve your appalling comprehension? Somehow, I think it will be wasted on you.

Last edited:
Smart girl...:giggle:...some people ya just can't reason with...;)

:rolleyes:

That's her response to this:

You have been invited by Christ. Your choice is whether to accept and take what is being offered.
Christians are simply His messengers who deliver His invitation. Making it known that the invitation is for EVERYONE!

All you have to do is call on Christ.

Your free will. No one will force you.

TAKE IT.............or................. LEAVE IT.

It is all your cockamamie post deserves.

Try re-reading the post you replied to initially. Then it should become clear...perhaps.

Through the textual evidence, that is, if it is correct of course, as clearly some of it isn't.

Oh dear. Will it be worth my time to try and improve your appalling comprehension? Somehow, I think it will be wasted on you.

Here is what you wrote on post #536.

An atheist can possess a code of ethics and morality on the same level as Jesus and many do, for I have known many atheists who are honest, compassionate and generous. They just don't believe the god story ~ that's the fundamental difference and for some reason, people like you cannot tolerate this position.

....and I said, you can't really say "on the same level as Jesus." That's my point.

And I explained why.
It's about His foreknowledge on what He'll have to endure as a human, and the "motivation" behind that altruistic act.
He knew He'll suffer and be crucified - the OT prophets prophesied it!
Being God Himself, of course He knew what will happen.

He was going to feel everything as any ordinary man would. He dreaded what's coming.
Yet, He went through with it anyway. Jesus motivation was for mankind's redemption (eternal life with God)- which is a self-less act.

And you say, the narrative in the Scriptures is irelevant?
How can the Book which informed us about Jesus, and what He's suffered be irrelevant?
Lol! How can the source of info be irrelevant?
You wouldn't be comparing atheists with Jesus Christ if we have not been told about Him.

Smart girl...:giggle:...some people ya just can't reason with...;)

You can't reason with me...........because you give such crappy rebuttals and arguments! ;)

Review how I showed your nonsense in details!

Post #117

That shut you up, didn't it?

Your false teachings are so full of holes that we can use your NWT and WatchTower for colanders.....but I doubt they can even hold up pasta.
When we get right into it.........................you're just trying to "wing it."

That's her response to this:

You have been invited by Christ. Your choice is whether to accept and take what is being offered.
Christians are simply His messengers who deliver His invitation. Making it known that the invitation is for EVERYONE!

All you have to do is call on Christ.

Your free will. No one will force you.

TAKE IT.............or................. LEAVE IT.

Telling someone that if they refuse to believe what you believe that they are doomed does not sound like an invitation, but a threat. Sine Christ, according to those who believe, has special powers, he doesn't need anyone to do his talking for him. So LEAVE the inviting to him.

Telling someone that if they refuse to believe what you believe that they are doomed does not sound like an invitation, but a threat. Sine Christ, according to those who believe, has special powers, he doesn't need anyone to do his talking for him. So LEAVE the inviting to him.

You see it the way you want to......even when your rationale is so faulty.

It's not a threat!
It's just stating the options, and consequences.

You think a fireman is threatening people when he tells them how to flee from the burning building?
"USE THE STAIRS - YOU'LL BE FINE!
USE THE ELEVATOR, YOU'LL DIE."

So, instead of being grateful for the heads up, you scream: he's threatening us!

The Terminator's invitation comes to mind.

"COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE."

...and you start screaming -

HE'S THREATENING US!
Lol. In a disaster - you'll be the first one to go. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

It's not a threat!

You think a fireman is threatening people when he tells them how to flee from the burning building?

So, instead of being grateful for the heads up, you scream: he's threatening us!

HE'S THREATENING US!

Except, in the case of Christ, your concept of a disaster is make believe.

It's not a threat!

HE'S THREATENING US!

So what is he saving us from? What he supposedly created. The lives he forced us to live. The doom that he promises to bring down on us if we do not follow what he says. He is the fireman who started the fire and then "rescues" us from it. He is the maker of the disaster. It's a set up!

Except, in the case of Christ, your concept of a disaster is make believe.

Funny............................but you guys don't react like it's only make-believe. Especially you.

Anyway - whether it's make believe to you or not, is irrelevant.
I'm responding to the concept of David's post.
So, there.

Last edited:
That's all BS. Responsible sex is no more dangerous to your health within marriage or outside it.

That's total BS. Sex is sex. If people choose to have it irresponsibly, that's a sin but it's not inherent in enjoying consensual sex of any kind.

Dont give a damn what he said. And yeah, if he says any thing that breaks God's Word is a sin, he's wrong. Period.

It's only immoral because some repressive man long long ago said so...God never did. Where, in HIS WORD, is consensual sex a sin? How does it break His Word of compassion, brotherly love, peace, and forgiveness? Nowhere.

Answer my question: where does consensual sex break His Word?
Devout Christian Lursa has spoken

Devout Christian Lursa has spoken
I wrote it keeping the God's Word foremost in my mind. Feel free to show where my comments break God's Word of brotherly love, forgiveness, compassion, and peace.

I see that you cannot dispute it, only try to criticize. The rigid horrors that you support thru your cultlike following of the RCC are NOTHING that God would ever desire for His Children.

Feel free to show where my comments break God's Word of brotherly love, forgiveness, compassion, and peace.

Supporting the murder of the unborn.

Brotherly love - the unborn is a brethren.

Forgiveness - starts with repentance.
Instead of repenting for having found one's self with an unwanted pregnancy - the mistake is all the more compounded
by promoting an outright violation of God's law: you shall not murder.

Compassion - promoting the murder of the unborn is far from showing compassion towards the unborn.

Peace - you're fighting with your fellow-Christians you don't agree with in the forum.

Last edited:
Supporting the murder of the unborn.
God is clear that he values women more than the unborn. I've posted the scriptures for you. He also never says abortion is wrong. People like you dont 'like' abortion and have interpreted scripture the way they want. Guess what? No one 'likes' abortion but there are those of us that respect women and their lives and their responsibilities in life more than the unborn.

Here's one:
Psalms 58:8 "Let them be as a snail which melts away as it goes along, like the miscarriages of a woman which never see the sun."​

In this, the Lord is making an analogy to something prior. The analogy shows that God considers the unborn transient and insubstantial. Certainly not yet having a soul.

Please dont tell me you dont understand this very basic analogy...I tend to get that from the religious posters. In which case I hope it's just them refusing to accept it rather than not being capable of understanding a 5th grade level analogy.

like the miscarriages of a woman which never see the sun."
A metaphor...the statement in no way means God values the unborn less than a woman...a life is a life...you have some serious comprehension blocks when it comes to understanding the Bible...:rolleyes:

A metaphor...the statement in no way means God values the unborn less than a woman...a life is a life...you have some serious comprehension blocks when it comes to understanding the Bible...:rolleyes:
That's exactly what it means. Please read the words...from your response either you didnt read the scripture OR you dont understand it.

That's exactly what it means. Please read the words...from your response either you didnt read the scripture OR you dont understand it.
You must be about 10, if that old..

Yet you think that the story of Adam and Eve is literally true. And that some parts of Revelation are, when none of it is. it is all written in symbolic language. Be careful when you accuse others of comprehensions blocks, when you are guilty of the same thing.

God is clear that he values women more than the unborn. I've posted the scriptures for you. He also never says abortion is wrong. People like you dont 'like' abortion and have interpreted scripture the way they want. Guess what? No one 'likes' abortion but there are those of us that respect women and their lives and their responsibilities in life more than the unborn.

Here's one:
Psalms 58:8 "Let them be as a snail which melts away as it goes along, like the miscarriages of a woman which never see the sun."​

In this, the Lord is making an analogy to something prior. The analogy shows that God considers the unborn transient and insubstantial. Certainly not yet having a soul.

Please dont tell me you dont understand this very basic analogy...I tend to get that from the religious posters. In which case I hope it's just them refusing to accept it rather than not being capable of understanding a 5th grade level analogy.

Never mind your out-of-context interpretation.

It's up tp you if you want to hang on to your laughable, silly interpretation......
.....................however, you're not fooling sensible people who'd read the Scriptures.

Never mind your out-of-context interpretation.

It's up tp you if you want to hang on to your laughable, silly interpretation......
.....................however, you're not fooling sensible people who'd read the Scriptures.
It's not out of context. The analogy example itself is what supports my claim. It's very basic, grammar-school level. Try reading it again.

It's not out of context. The analogy example itself is what supports my claim. It's very basic, grammar-school level. Try reading it again.

Psalm 58

3 Even from birth the wicked go astray;
from the womb they are wayward, spreading lies.
4 Their venom is like the venom of a snake,
like that of a cobra that has stopped its ears,
5 that will not heed the tune of the charmer,
however skillful the enchanter may be.

6 Break the teeth in their mouths, O God;
Lord, tear out the fangs of those lions!
7 Let them vanish like water that flows away;
when they draw the bow, let their arrows fall short.
8 May they be like a slug that melts away as it moves along,
like a stillborn child that never sees the sun.

The stillborn is not being compared to a slug!

You see where you're wrong?
The coma right after "moves along" indicates it's not a continuation of the statement about the stillborn!
It is a separate analogy. The stillborn is another analogy.

The analogy refers to.....VANISH.
Or, DEATH.

The slug dies as it moves along. The slug can move along anywhere!
The slug can see the light of day!

The stillborn is dead when born....... therefore he never sees the light of day!

Furthermore, it is a poetic prayer - asking God to do those things to the wicked.

It isn't an indication of any worth - whether it be the slug, or the unborn.
It is merely using them for an analogy for death.

Last edited:
Wrong...David tells us in verse 4 exactly who will melt away like a snail, like a stillborn that will never see the sun...

"The wicked go astray* from birth;*
They are wayward, liars from the time they are born."

Back
Top Bottom