• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:201] What Christianity Is Not About.

I find atheists to be people who have well thought out their belief system

They might have thought it out.........................................unfortunately, they didn't apply LOGIC into it.

How is it anywhere logical at all to conclude that there is no God when science itself - the only "authority" that atheists claim to rely on -
does not dismiss the possibility that God exists?

They might have thought it out.........................................unfortunately, they didn't apply LOGIC into it.

How is it anywhere logical at all to conclude that there is no God when science itself - the only "authority" that atheists claim to rely on -
I disagree. Atheism or agnosticism is the logical position. Religion is the faith position

Contrary to what others think, Christianity is not all about peace-making, either.

Atheists think that Christians must back down at all times - even at the expense of the Scriptures - just so to maintain peace.
That's what they use trying to shame Christians into silence.

Sorry folks....that's not what Christianity is about.

Why do you think Christ told His disciples that they'll be hated because of Him?
Because.....since we're commissioned to spread His message, we'll be spreading what can be very provocative, and divisive.

Matthew 10
34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace,
but a sword.

35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

We are taught that what we really deal with, is, "spiritual warfare."
Satan uses different things - even people - to confuse and lead mankind away from God.
Thus, we are warned that we are in a state of "warfare."

Ephesians 6

The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Matthew 10
16 “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

Last edited:
Contrary to what others think, Christianity is not all about peace-making, either.
Atheists think that Christians must back down at all times - even at the expense of the Scriptures - just so to maintain peace.

Why do you think Christ told His disciples that they'll be hated because of Him?
Because.....since we're commissioned to spread His message, we'll be spreading what can be very provocative, and divisive.

Matthew 10
34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace,
but a sword.

And this led to centuries of war

Matthew 10
but a sword.

We are taught that what we really deal with, is, "spiritual warfare."
Satan uses different things - even people - to confuse and lead mankind away from God.
Thus, we are warned that we are in a state of "warfare."

Ephesians 6

The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Matthew 10
16 “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.
We know. Christians burn people at the stake, subjugate indigenous peoples, start 100-year wars, go on crusades and persecute Jews. I'm glad to see you own up to it.

And this led to centuries of war

Nope.
That's what anti-religion people want to think, and promote.

The causes of war

Contemporary theories of the causes of war divide roughly into two major schools. One attributes war to certain innate biological and psychological factors or drives, the other attributes it to certain social relations and institutions. Both schools include optimists and pessimists concerning the preventability of war.

If you look behind the politics of wars (even the ones we think of as "religious" wars)..........

......................it's usually greed or self-interest of a kingdom (nation), that had led nations to war.

Last edited:
I disagree. Atheism or agnosticism is the logical position. Religion is the faith position

Christianity is not simply faith-based.....though it can also be just that.
Since God had given us critical thinking to use for discernment (which we have been encouraged to do), it is also based on logic.

Agnosticism is a logical position for someone who hasn't really studied the Scriptures and the Abrahamic God.

Atheism isn't agnosticism. Period.
Atheism is the illogical position.

We know. Christians burn people at the stake, subjugate indigenous peoples, start 100-year wars, go on crusades and persecute Jews. I'm glad to see you own up to it.
Considering the 1st century Christians and their behavior, along with Jesus' teachings...wouldn't you consider them false Christians?

What "persecution angle" are you on about? Never mind your pathetic attempt at deflection. :LOL:

What I said is factual:
Ignorant atheists are telling us what Christianity is/is not......and yet, they hardly know anything about it.
If I'm not mistaken - you're among them. All you have to do is review their posts.

They have these pre-conceived ideas - and, lines which they probably got from some Hollyweird movies - and that's what they preach!
They know squat about Christianity!

And you do? Again, what makes you the exclusive authority on this? (I've asked time and time again, and you run from it each time.)

Considering the 1st century Christians and their behavior, along with Jesus' teachings...wouldn't you consider them false Christians?
They certainly do not follow the guy I have read about.

They certainly do not follow the guy I have read about.
Exactly...which Jesus warned us to be on the lookout for, as well as Paul...

Science says nothing about the existence of god. Science does not say god is possible at all. There is absolutely nothing scientific about the concept of god. You drag science into the god question. Science says nothing on the subject.

What "persecution angle" are you on about? Never mind your pathetic attempt at deflection. :LOL:

What I said is factual:
Ignorant atheists are telling us what Christianity is/is not......and yet, they hardly know anything about it.
If I'm not mistaken - you're among them. All you have to do is review their posts.

They have these pre-conceived ideas - and, lines which they probably got from some Hollyweird movies - and that's what they preach!
They know squat about Christianity!

It is factual that ignorant Christians know nothing about Christianity. It is not factual that being a non believer prevents a person from understanding any religious belief. You do not have e to actually believe in a religion to understand what any particular religion believes. You are making an illogical, non factual claim.

Christianity is not simply faith-based.....though it can also be just that.
Since God had given us critical thinking to use for discernment (which we have been encouraged to do), it is also based on logic.

Agnosticism is a logical position for someone who hasn't really studied the Scriptures and the Abrahamic God.

Atheism isn't agnosticism. Period.
Atheism is the illogical position.
The scriptures a a fictional book used to control the masses

That is the only logical position

Whether He was executed for sedition - whether you think it's nonsense - shouldn't take away from what Jesus Christ had done,
which had caused Him His life.

It should be taken from the position of the atheist in comparison with the position of Christ dying on the cross.
What is the motivation?

Jesus Christ' sacrifice for mankind - suffering and dying to save us - was indeed an unparalleled sacrifice.
Whether we believe or not, the fact remains that He did it for our sake.

Like I said -
atheists can be doing good deeds, and are in possession of positive characteristics - which isn't surprising, considering that we are all
made in the image of God - however, we can't put anyone exactly on the SAME LEVEL with Jesus Christ (unless we know of someone who willingly did something which he knew would result in suffering and painful death, just for the sole purpose of saving a stranger.)

Jesus had foreknowledge of what exactly will happen to Him (all the minute details of what He'll be going through) ........ and yet, despite experiencing anxiety over what's to come, He still went through with it.

He knew exactly how it will turn out. Everything that will be done to Him.
FOR WHAT?

That makes it a big difference.

Don't believe a word of it and irrelevant to my point.

The scriptures a a fictional book used to control the masses

That is the only logical position

So, that's your response? Hahahahaha
That's all you can come up with? hahahaha

Don't believe a word of it and irrelevant to my point.

What cockamamie response is that?

How is it irrelevant?
How would you have known of Jesus and His character?

Lol. You've been using the narrative in the Scriptures........................... and now you say that?
:ROFLMAO:

It's not about gaining popularity among the heathen.

It's not about appeasement.

It's not about compromise.

It's not about coercion.

It's not about relentless persuasion.

It's not about getting the most likes in forums, or being "buddy-buddy" with, or praised by heathens, for being "understanding" of their stance.

It's not about being unscathed - whether it be from physical or emotional injury, or being villified, or ridiculed, or marginalized, or even shunned.

For those who think that upholding and staying true to what is in the Scriptures beats the purpose of converting non-believers,
and instead drives them away from Christianity......

....here is a sobering statement from Christ.

Matthew 10

22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Christianity is not about pleading with you to, "pretty please, see it from my viewpoint, and please believe!" Uh-uh.

Christianity is informing and explaining to you how you can be saved. Whether you want to believe it or not, that's up to you.

You have been invited by Christ. Your choice is whether to accept and take what is being offered.
Christians are simply His messengers who deliver His invitation. Making it known that the invitation is for EVERYONE!

All you have to do is call on Christ.

Your free will. No one will force you.

TAKE IT.............or................. LEAVE IT.
I'm gonna leave it

Back
Top Bottom