• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:201] What Christianity Is Not About.

Lol. Is that what you think? Community isn't always associated with a building!

a unified body of individuals: such as

a : the people with common interests living in a particular area broadly : the area itself

So you tell me, where in the bible is it defined what a community is and what they are required to do as specified by the words of jesus?

700 posts and this thread is playout precisely as some of us thought it would.

The arrogant certitude of a very few, mostly the OP, as being the exclusive arbiters of what Christianity is and is not.

So you tell me, where in the bible is it defined what a community is and what they are required to do as specified by the words of jesus?

Oh, boy. I just gave you the verse!

Lol. I know you're really struggling.........but I never realized until now it's this bad!

700 posts and this thread is playout precisely as some of us thought it would.

The arrogant certitude of a very few, mostly the OP, as being the exclusive arbiters of what Christianity is and is not.

You mean 700 posts and this thread is played out precisely as some of us thought it would.
The arrogantly foolish certitude of some ignorant atheists as being the arbiters of what Christianity is and is not.
Yeah. Ignorant atheists.....giving lectures on what Christianity is! Go figure.

Proverbs 18:2
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.

Last edited:
You mean 700 posts and this thread is played out precisely as some of us thought it would.
The arrogantly foolish certitude of some ignorant atheists as being the arbiters of what Christianity is and is not.

Atheism / Agnosticism is not your biggest challenge if we are being honest (something you are rarely capable of.)

It is the plethora of splinters within Christianity alone that gives us all the evidence we need that you are not the exclusive judge on what is and is not Christianity.

BTW, before you foolishly pick yet another verse... you take way too much pleasure in your self awarded "understanding" given how you phrase your responses, all the laughing you take pleasure from in bastardizing anyone who dares to question you, and all the other means you engage everyone else here at DP.

Look in the mirror, Judge Tosca1.

Atheism / Agnosticism is not your biggest challenge if we are being honest (something you are rarely capable of.)

It is the plethora of splinters within Christianity alone that gives us all the evidence we need that you are not the exclusive judge on what is and is not Christianity.

BTW, before you foolishly pick yet another verse... you take way too much pleasure in your self awarded "understanding" given how you phrase your responses, all the laughing you take pleasure from in bastardizing anyone who dares to question you, and all the other means you engage everyone else here at DP.

Look in the mirror, Judge Tosca1.
:rolleyes:

You're not being honest if you're merely posturing to know about something you're actually ignorant of!

You're not being honest if you're merely posturing to know about something you're actually ignorant of!

This is my point, thank you for making it for me.

Now how about you address both your self issued exclusive authority on this subject as well as the verse you picked, then ignored, and doubled down on breaking.

Oh, boy. I just gave you the verse!

Lol. I know you're really struggling.........but I never realized until now it's this bad!

No, you gave no such verse which spelled out anything specific. You just interpret things in the bible to fit what you want it to say and how you want it to be. Your Christianity is based on an unsubstantiated assumption on your part that Christianity comes from a book that only you know the true meaning of. Yet Christianity existed for many years without such a carefully edited and compiled book. How is that possible, if Christianity comes from this book that you are a self professed expert on reading and knowing the exact message?

Your claim that non believers cannot understand religious beliefs is in itself an ignorant position to take.

Oh, boy. Every time you post - your comment is always like hard nails on blackboard!

READ!

He said...."as a community as well as in private"

Matthew 18:20
For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.

That verse does not mean that anyone is required to gather.

This is my point, thank you for making it for me.

Now how about you address both your self issued exclusive authority on this subject as well as the verse you picked, then ignored, and doubled down on breaking.

Then...................................you don't understand what "posturing" means.

Trying to twist the message simply underscores what I've said about atheists.
It's not really the ignorance that's the problem. It's the malevolent dishonesty of these athests.
It makes their dishonesty more blatant because of their malice in their attempt to smear Christianity.

Then...................................you don't understand what "posturing" means.

It makes their dishonesty more blatant because of their malice in their attempt to smear Christianity.

I assumed the persecution angle would come out sooner or later, but it is just criticism you set yourself up for.

So again please address.... Now how about you address both your self issued exclusive authority on this subject as well as the verse you picked, then ignored, and doubled down on breaking.

It cannot be that hard.

Posturing is what you do in almost every post. You posture as a real Christian, and smear real Christianity in doing so.

That He cried that out, doesn't mean He has no foreknowledge.

This cry is a fulfillment of Psalm 22:1, one of many parallels between that psalm and the specific events of the crucifixion.

It is difficult to understand in what sense Jesus was “forsaken” by God. It is certain that God approved His work. It is certain that Jesus was innocent. He had done nothing to forfeit the favor of God. As God’s own Son—holy, harmless, undefiled, and obedient—God still loved Him. In none of these senses could God have forsaken Him.

The prophet Isaiah says this about the Messiah: “Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed” (Isaiah 53:4–5). Jesus redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us (Galatians 3:13). He was made a sin-offering, and He died in our place, on our account, that He might bring us near to God. It was this, doubtless, that intensified His sufferings and part of why Jesus said, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” It was the manifestation of God’s hatred of sin, in some unexplained way, that Jesus experienced in that terrible hour. The suffering He endured was due to us, and it is that suffering by which we can be saved from eternal death.

In those awful moments, as evil men were allowed to do whatever they wanted to Jesus, our Lord expressed His feelings of abandonment. God placed the sins of the world on His Son, and Jesus for a time felt the desolation of being unconscious of His Father’s presence.

The breaking of the bread and the red wine which Jesus metaphorically used at the last supper, also showed that He knew
what awaited Him.
Nonsense in technicolor is still nonsense. And, that post is nonsense.

This is a forum! A SERIOUS DISCUSSION.
We're not in a bar shooting the breeze!
Go find your peers!

Create your own thread.
Or, stay on-topic.
Yes, and I seriously want to know why are you here if you're not here for "popularity," "appeasement," or "relentless persuasion," etc. What is the point of this thread?

Let's face it, you don't want discussion, you want to preach. We're not in a church. Go find some disciples.

If you don't want to discuss your own topic, go create your own "Preach Christianity" forum.

Because I don't speak Hebrew and Greek...duh...

So how are you able to verify that they have translated correctly or even that Hebrew and Greek are really the language of the original documents?

Yes. It's MY TOPIC - and, you're derailing it with your nonsense.

I already told you in the OP - no one is forcing you to accept. I repeated it again to you.
So - what is there to discuss between us?

You can't tell what an invitation looks like, and you say, I think I'm Christ!

What part of bye-bye Tirmin is so freakin' hard for you to get?
I tell you what - you have serious comprehension issues!

What kind of an idiotic question is that? First of all - it's my thread. DOH?
The title says what the subject is about.

Second - why shouldn't I be here?

You're off-topic.
This thread isn't about why you should believe or not, or what you believe,

or why God doesn't invite you the way you want it to be, etc.,

You seem to want to insist on taking the topic to the way you want it - make it about yourself!
Talk about a bloated sense of entitlement!
You're cluttering this thread with your silly, juvenile, off-topic prattle.

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

This is a forum! A SERIOUS DISCUSSION.
We're not in a bar shooting the breeze!
Go find your peers!

Create your own thread.
Or, stay on-topic.

Practice what you preach.

Lol. Is that what you think community means?

Here: from Merriam.

a unified body of individuals: such as

a : the people with common interests living in a particular area broadly : the area itself

Now you know what community means.
:)
You're welcome.

I know how to use a dictionary, thank you. This does not define what community means in the context of what is being discussed.

I now how to use a dictionary, thank you. This does not define what community means in the context of what is being discussed.
Really?:p

Yeah. Ignorant atheists.....giving lectures on what Christianity is! Go figure.

And so the OP doubles down on the OP. Thank you!

I assumed the persecution angle would come out sooner or later, but it is just criticism you set yourself up for.

So again please address.... Now how about you address both your self issued exclusive authority on this subject as well as the verse you picked, then ignored, and doubled down on breaking.

It cannot be that hard.

What "persecution angle" are you on about? Never mind your pathetic attempt at deflection. :LOL:

What I said is factual:
Ignorant atheists are telling us what Christianity is/is not......and yet, they hardly know anything about it.
If I'm not mistaken - you're among them. All you have to do is review their posts.

They have these pre-conceived ideas - and, lines which they probably got from some Hollyweird movies - and that's what they preach!
They know squat about Christianity!

Back
Top Bottom