• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:171] AOC and ‘Squad’ Defund Israel’s Iron Dome Defence System from Democrats’ $1Bn Spending Bill

why would they die? Is Israel not capable of funding their own defense?
Are welfare recipients not capable of funding their own food? Have you ever looked at the armies that surround them? The money gives us more return then what we've gotten from welfare. I swear, the mentality it takes to squander money on liberal causes for decades, and then question something like this.

How much money in direct military aid do we give Israel each year? Are they incapable of funding the dome another way?
Really, but you're okay with Biden giving $1B to Ukraine.

These are Trump supporters not liberals.

Listen to their chants of "Jews will not replace us!"
What's the point? That not 100% of Trump supporters agree with 100% of Trump's positions? Not sure what you are trying to say.

US taxes should not be used to finance any advanced economy. If they are used for foreign help, they should go to countries like Haiti.
The bullshit, we financed Europe for years. Ever heard of NATO?

The bullshit, we financed Europe for years. Ever heard of NATO?

We financed them after a global war left the continent in tatters.

Israel is a wealthy state.

The Ukraine has not built an iron dome with US money that I'm aware of. Do you have a link?
It irrelevant, it's about support our interests in the region. What's the matter, you can't understand that? The Squad's simple reason is hating Israel, nothing more.

Are welfare recipients not capable of funding their own food? Have you ever looked at the armies that surround them? The money gives us more return then what we've gotten from welfare. I swear, the mentality it takes to squander money on liberal causes for decades, and then question something like this.
welfare recipients are Americans...Israel isn't the USA. Israel is also wealthy and very capable of doing their own defense financing.

It is politically an asinine thing to do just the same.

Ihan Omar is in a +30D district. AOC is in at least a +30D district. Yet they constantly do things that make it very hard for Democrats to win in competitive districts. The damage that they are doing to the country by ushering it what will likely be a wave of Republicans in 2022 - many of them outright fascists and QAnon sympathizers, far exceeds the costs of funding a missile defense program in Israel.
We have tons of problems here in the homeland that need addressed financially, including the prices of products going up substantially....those things need addressed before Israel's defense system*which they can afford on their own*

It irrelevant, it's about support our interests in the region. What's the matter, you can't understand that?

Is Israel a poor nation all of a sudden. Why is a billion dollars of American money needed to support Israel?

The Squad's simple reason is hating Israel, nothing more.

No, they don't want to fund a regime they feel treats the Palestinians like shit.

Even the best of U.S. allies spy on us. Always have.

And I wouldn't call most Israeli settlers "rich" by any measure.

Then you don’t know what’s going on. Slums in Palistian areas have been regularly cleared to accommodate single family villas for well to do Israelis.

That’s not hard to document.

They’re not disembarking from the “Exodus”, like in the movie. First class on El Al, is more like it.

Is Israel a poor nation all of a sudden. Why is a billion dollars of American money needed to support Israel?

No, they don't want to fund a regime they feel treats the Palestinians like shit.

Actually, there is a reason.

It’s the American military industrial complex.

Even the best of U.S. allies spy on us. Always have.

And I wouldn't call most Israeli settlers "rich" by any measure.
United States Annual Household Income per Capita reached 33,740.800 USD in Dec 2020

Israel Annual Household Income per Capita reached 21,436.395 USD in Dec 2018,

Best I could find.

And you feel the Muslims in the area have peaceful intentions towards the Jews?

There is a very good chance that I have a better handle on this topic than you do, and that I’m perfectly aware of the history of the area, the hostile forces surrounding them, and the arguments on either side. I have debated the pro-Israel side much more than you ever have, and using better than your 3rd grade arguments.

Why do we have to pay for this? It's time the Israelis put on their big boy pants and started paying for their own defense. Plus this only makes Israel less likely to sit down with the Palestinians and make the 2 State solution a reality. That is how they will get lasting peace and security.
How about Israel quit fleecing America out of billions in 'aid' every year? Israel is a wealthy nation and can easily afford to fund its own defence.

I think the better way to frame this is as corporate stimulus. The money never actually goes to Israel, missiles do. The money goes to ABC defense contractor.

Israel doesn't "need" these weapons. The "danger" is that if we don't give them to Israel for free at taxpayer expense, they may not buy them at all, and then how're we supposed to make up those sales?

welfare recipients are Americans...Israel isn't the USA. Israel is also wealthy and very capable of doing their own defense financing.

Not as wealthy as the U.S.

Why should the US pay to defend Israel, when our own country is falling apart and hundreds of thousands of people here are living in the streets?
Most people living in the streets are there because of their own fault.

AOC, Ilhan Omar, and Rashida Tlaib struck down the funding for Israel's defensive Iron Dome system -- and for what? Because it's a defensive system that saves lives from incoming missiles that would otherwise take lives.

Why the hell should we continue to spend billions in Israel? let them defend themselves. The hell with them, they behave like terrorists themselves.

Look at all the right winger projecting. One liners "horrible people' . no, you people are horrible people, and giant hypocrites. You whine about spending, money to actually help american citizens with tax money Americans contributed to, you scoff at that, claim **** those people, and you have the nerve to call the squad horrible people? Now you are whining democrats want to cut a billion dollars going to a foreign country? Don't you people whine about foreign aid? Oh, as long as that money goes to murder brown people across the world, that's totally fine. We can't possibly have universal healthcare, livable wages, a non crumbling infrastructure, good education, clean water, food and housing ofr people in need. No, that makes people assholes. But giving billions to a country so they can bomb their neighbors and kill people, yeah, that's money well spent

What a joke the right are, and completely shameless

Back
Top Bottom