• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:171] AOC and ‘Squad’ Defund Israel’s Iron Dome Defence System from Democrats’ $1Bn Spending Bill

So, you asked me to show you a source for the claim that Israel receives consistently the biggest US aid with some exceptions like in recent years when Afghanistan received the biggest aid, and since you could not refute the sources, you chose to say tbat I have problem with Jews.

Apparently, having a problem with giving free money to Israel to prop its defense against it's adversary who does not even have a regular army is a sign of anti-Jewish bias to you.

Have you ever considered if the problem is with your pro-Israeli bias based on your religious beliefs or ethnic background? As a Greek person who lives in the US and knows many Greek-Americans, I understand how certain Americans can have a soft spot for. certain foreign countries. I am pretty sure that if Greece was the recipient of free money from the US and the recipient of the. biggest US aid, the Greek-Americans would be happy and would defend such decision.
NO but you seem to put across an anti Jewish atadude
I haven't read much of what you post that isn't
MY point has been to you is that YES we give them aid . much of it they use to survive because most of the neighboring countries want to kill all of them and blow up their land, and you seem to be OK with that and ok with giving Russia. CHINA. and North Korea aid Countries that wouldn't mind seeing us destroyed
Have a nice day

Conservative as in Republican? How do you define Conservative? You do know the KKK was Democrat, I assume. Are you calling these people 'conservative' in order to disassociate them from the Democratic Party?

I agree that there are always cultures we may not care for but would not wish them harm.
Why do Conservatives continually trot this kind of sleight of hand out? The Democrats of the time were not the Democrats of today, the same goes for Republicans.

Is it simple ignorance or an attempt to spread more misinformation?

So, you asked me to show you a source for the claim that Israel receives consistently the biggest US aid with some exceptions like in recent years when Afghanistan received the biggest aid, and since you could not refute the sources, you chose to say tbat I have problem with Jews.

Apparently, having a problem with giving free money to Israel to prop its defense against it's adversary who does not even have a regular army is a sign of anti-Jewish bias to you.

Have you ever considered if the problem is with your pro-Israeli bias based on your religious beliefs or ethnic background? As a Greek person who lives in the US and knows many Greek-Americans, I understand how certain Americans can have a soft spot for. certain foreign countries. I am pretty sure that if Greece was the recipient of free money from the US and the recipient of the. biggest US aid, the Greek-Americans would be happy and would defend such decision.
and one more thing It isn't a religious thing with me again my point is Yes we give them more aid then anybody else
they need that aid to survive and hold off attacks from just about EVERY neighbor country they have , that aid IS basically their Survival
taking that aid away from them seems to be what you would like to do . and in doing so you could be destroying their country and killing them off
That seems to be ok with you and giving aid to countries that wouldn't mind seeing us wiped off the map seem to be OK with you too
Sorry I don't feel we should be giving aid to our ENEMIES
Have a nice day

and one more thing It isn't a religious thing with me again my point is Yes we give them more aid then anybody else
they need that aid to survive and hold off attacks from just about EVERY neighbor country they have , that aid IS basically their Survival
taking that aid away from them seems to be what you would like to do . and in doing so you could be destroying their country and killing them off
That seems to be ok with you and giving aid to countries that wouldn't mind seeing us wiped off the map seem to be OK with you too
Sorry I don't feel we should be giving aid to our ENEMIES
Have a nice day
I can understand that for different people the source of bias can come from different sources. Religion is a big source for some people (including Christians and particularly Evangelicals) but I. can see even atheists having a pro-Israel bias as a result of other factors, including their ethnic background.

No, they are not in a position of trying to fight against all other neighbors. Those who know history, also know that without Egypt, no Syria or Lebanon or Jordan ever thought of launching an invasion against Israel. And this is even more clear today with a nuclear armed Israel. The threat that Israel faces comes from terrorism but this type of threat does not put at risk Israel's survival. And if the US managed to create deals with hardcore Islamists like.fbe Taliban who at some point shielded some of the worst terrorists in the world., Israel can do the same with its adversaries to find some compromise. The ideas that Israel can impose whatever restrictions they want on Gaza without reaction is completely unrealistic.

Last edited:
It's funny how it seems liberals hate Jews but most Jews are liberals. The Conservatives seem to hate Jews but they always stick up for Israel.

You're being antisemitic because you are conflating Israel with Jewish people. You're treating Jews as having some kind of inherent loyalty to the government of Israel, a very common antisemitic trope you should stop repeating. You are regurgitating the arguments of neo-nazis when you say this.

Israel might not face an existential existence from the rockets but the people those rockets killed sure as hell did.

So do the civilians killed by the IDF. Let's build the Palestinians an Iron Dome. They're purely defensive, right?

NO but you seem to put across an anti Jewish atadude
I haven't read much of what you post that isn't
MY point has been to you is that YES we give them aid . much of it they use to survive because most of the neighboring countries want to kill all of them and blow up their land, and you seem to be OK with that and ok with giving Russia. CHINA. and North Korea aid Countries that wouldn't mind seeing us destroyed
Have a nice day
As long as you do.not counter my points, your.tnoughts about my anti-Jewish bias are unsupported. Notice that you finally said it only after you tried unsuccessfully to .challenge my point thet Israel gets consistently the biggest US aid even though it is a very small country. And I still have not heard any explanation regarding why Israel faces an existential threat when it is by far the strongest nation in the region and is nuclear armed while it's adversaries often do.not even have a regular army (and certainly do not have nuclear weapons). Tell us when was the last time when any Syrian or Lebanese or Jordanian army invaded Israel. When was the last time Egypt invaded Israel?

Israel might not face an existential existence from the rockets but the people those rockets killed sure as hell did.
Correct! And the same can be said about the many more people in Haiti who were killed during the earthquake. So, why should a neutral observer choose to give the biggest aid to a wealthy nation which faces fewer deaths as a result of a threat which that nation can.certainly handle? Why should not we put instead at the top of our foreign aid list nations like Haiti which do not have the resources and technology to build safe houses to shelter their residents from threats like earthquakes and floods which habitually kill thousands of people?

Correct! And the same can be said about the many more people in Haiti who were killed during the earthquake. So, why should a neutral observer choose to give the biggest aid to a wealthy nation which faces fewer deaths as a result of a threat which that nation can.certainly handle? Why should not we put instead at the top of our foreign aid list nations like Haiti which do not have the resources and technology to build safe houses to shelter their residents from threats like earthquakes and floods which habitually kill thousands of people?
Does Haiti have the ability to aid the US? The US is not the world savior or any such entity that is required to fix all the ails and woes of the world. Ally's (with the ability to help the US) get preferential treatment.
So do the civilians killed by the IDF. Let's build the Palestinians an Iron Dome. They're purely defensive, right?
Sure, and then they would stop shooting rockets into Israel, right? Right?

Do you think that would happen? Why or why not?

As long as you do.not counter my points, your.tnoughts about my anti-Jewish bias are unsupported. Notice that you finally said it only after you tried unsuccessfully to .challenge my point thet Israel gets consistently the biggest US aid even though it is a very small country. And I still have not heard any explanation regarding why Israel faces an existential threat when it is by far the strongest nation in the region and is nuclear armed while it's adversaries often do.not even have a regular army (and certainly do not have nuclear weapons). Tell us when was the last time when any Syrian or Lebanese or Jordanian army invaded Israel. When was the last time Egypt invaded Israel?
Can you show us where I challenged you about the aid to Israel
Yes I asked you for a link ( I don't concider that a challenge ) , that was so I could read It for my self
I knew they got a lot of aid from us but didn't know it was that much
again MY POINT is we give aid to Russia, China and North Korea and people like you are OK with that but not giving aid to Israel
Yes give aid to our enemies but not to somebody that needs it to survive
I don't think that is too smart
But like I said before when I was over seas they called us the " Stupid Americans " because we give everybody money and don't take care of our own people including our ENEMIES
Have a nice day

No, I don't think that would happen as it flies in the face of the policy the leadership of Palestine follows regarding Israel.

And is that a reason not to build them an Iron Dome?

Does Haiti have the ability to aid the US? The US is not the world savior or any such entity that is required to fix all the ails and woes of the world. Ally's (with the ability to help the US) get preferential treatment.

In what way does Israel aid the US? because of their situation with the rest of the Arab world, they could not even send troops to Afghanistan. Ad if you recall, they could not send troops during the first Gulf war (Kuwait).

I am sure that as long as there are no talks for some compromise between Israel and its adversaries, there will be many periods of tension. But as I said, if the US managed to have a deal with the Taliban, the Israelis can do the same.

Can you show us where I challenged you about the aid to Israel
Yes I asked you for a link ( I don't concider that a challenge ) , that was so I could read It for my self
I knew they got a lot of aid from us but didn't know it was that much
again MY POINT is we give aid to Russia, China and North Korea and people like you are OK with that but not giving aid to Israel
Yes give aid to our enemies but not to somebody that needs it to survive
I don't think that is too smart
But like I said before when I was over seas they called us the " Stupid Americans " because we give everybody money and don't take care of our own people including our ENEMIES
Have a nice day

Okay, you asked for a link and let's say it was not a challenge. It was a still an attempt to verify my claim and I am fine with that. But the claim that my position is based on some anti-Jewish attitude which came after I verified the claim with the link that I provided was unnecessary. If you want to make such claims, then why bother asking me to verify anything? You can as well say it from the beginning that my claim is a reflection of an anti-Jewish bias.

Yes, I lived most of my life over seas and I am familiar with the "Stupid American" claim. I do not subscribe to it and I do not believe that Americans are more or less stupid than my compatriots. But I DO believe that compared to Europeans, Americans are less knowledgable about what is happening in the rest of the world. You see, for smaller nations like mine (Greece), the political attitude of the big guys (Americans, Soviets or Russians now, etc) affects local interests. So, there is an incentive to get more information about the US or the Russian or the Chinese foreign policy and be more aware of the complexities in the global geopolitical scene . By contrast, if I ask an average American what he knows about the Greco-Turkish confrontation in Cyprus (and I have asked such question), I will get most of the time a puzzled look of ignorance.

Okay, you asked for a link and let's say it was not a challenge. It was a still an attempt to verify my claim and I am fine with that. But the claim that my position is based on some anti-Jewish attitude which came after I verified the claim with the link that I provided was unnecessary. If you want to make such claims, then why bother asking me to verify anything? You can as well say it from the beginning that my claim is a reflection of an anti-Jewish bias.

Yes, I lived most of my life over seas and I am familiar with the "Stupid American" claim. I do not subscribe to it and I do not believe that Americans are more or less stupid than my compatriots. But I DO believe that compared to Europeans, Americans are less knowledgable about what is happening in the rest of the world. You see, for smaller nations like mine (Greece), the political attitude of the big guys (Americans, Soviets or Russians now, etc) affects local interests. So, there is an incentive to get more information about the US or the Russian or the Chinese foreign policy and be more aware of the complexities in the global geopolitical scene . By contrast, if I ask an average American what he knows about the Greco-Turkish confrontation in Cyprus (and I have asked such question), I will get most of the time a puzzled look of ignorance.
For one thing I am not a person who believes everything somebody posts so I asked for a link so I can read it for my self
Don't you do that some time or do you believe everything people post
Sorry I don't
and I would suggest you go back and read some of your posts
a lot of them seem anti Israel and you have NO problem giving our ENEMIES AID but not give aid to Israel so they can protect themselves ( hate to say it they need that aid just to survive and protect themselves from all their neighbors RUSSIA/ CHINA/ and NORTH KOREA don't )
and I agree with you Turkey and Greece aren't a big political topic and unless something happens that makes the News most Americans don't know about it
And AGAIN MY point is / was Israel has been fighting for it's life pretty much ever since it was founded back in the late 1940's
Israel's neighbors all of them want it destroyed and Israel is attacked just about EVERYDAY . day in and day out
yet YOU would rather give our enemies RUSSIA / CHINA / NORTH KOREA aid and take aid away from them
Have a nice night

Back
Top Bottom