• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:171] AOC and ‘Squad’ Defund Israel’s Iron Dome Defence System from Democrats’ $1Bn Spending Bill

That’s a false equivalency.

Israel has never been a reliable US ally. They’ve spied on us. They launched a nuclear program under wraps. They regularly traffic in acts of terrorism against their neighbors. And they’ve effectively put Palestinians in ghettos and surrounded them with walls and an apartaid political arrangement. Every year, Israelies mow down Palistinian ghetto to build more villas for rich isrealis.

Isreal is not a strategic asset either. Indeed, the country has been a very consistant thorn in the side of the US, even to the point of regularly trying to interfere in US domestic politics.

Paul Newman and Eva Marie Saint may have played Israeli freedom fighters in an American movie once. And that, I’m absolutely sure is the notion that many people have of Israel.

But the real Isreal is a rogue state, the home of Netanyahu and brutality.

Bullcrap. What anti-semite site are you getting your nonsense from?

Israel is a strategic asset and has been for decades.

That makes no sense. If the Israel really needs them they will buy them. We certainly can find things that we need to keep the contractors busy. We bought billions in "stimulus" for Afghanistan already and that was a total waste. Then there is the fact that military spending has the lowest return employment wise.

Peltier%20Job%20Creation%20from%20%24260B.png

I'm not saying it's right or efficient, I'm saying we're acting like the motivations here are to screw over and/or help the Israelis, but it's really just an excuse to give money to the defense industry. That works for both sides, and that's why it's going to continue to happen.

For them, it's not enough to maintain the status quo. The powers that be demand endless guaranteed growth on the taxpayer's dime. And so far it's working out quite well for them.

I'm not saying it's right or efficient, I'm saying we're acting like the motivations here are to screw over and/or help the Israelis, but it's really just an excuse to give money to the defense industry. That works for both sides, and that's why it's going to continue to happen.

For them, it's not enough to maintain the status quo. The powers that be demand endless guaranteed growth on the taxpayer's dime. And so far it's working out quite well for them.
Yes the "military industrial complex" is every bit as dangerous and insidious as Eisenhower warned us about over 60 years ago. You think we would have learned something by now.

So they give Israel taxpayer dollars. Israel then gives the money to defense contracters and huge chunks of it wind up in the pockets of their top executives and major stockholders.

Some racket.
Imagine thinking that money trickles down from defense contractors lol…

It was true of the Roman Imperium as well. The end was in the making as its own woke version caused the Imperium to rot bit by bit inside
:ROFLMAO:. The Roman Imperium woke :ROFLMAO:

How about Israel quit fleecing America out of billions in 'aid' every year? Israel is a wealthy nation and can easily afford to fund its own defence.
I would have started with defunding Saudi Arabia first.

Is Israel a poor nation all of a sudden. Why is a billion dollars of American money needed to support Israel?

No, they don't want to fund a regime they feel treats the Palestinians like shit.
So they can trigger revelations and the end times where a “messiah” that isnt recognized by Jewish people take the throne of Israel.

The squad is just showboating as per usual. They know we won't defund our only real friend in that region. It does however highlight their anti-Semitism.
We fund saudi arabia too.

Biden reversed Trump energy policies and made us go from the worlds biggest oil producer to once again being reliant for oil on this volatile region. It pays to have a friend there.
No, he didn't. The only thing he did do was stop the building of an incomplete CANADIAN pipeline. I see you keep hoping people will believe the lie you are telling.

Imagine thinking that money trickles down from defense contractors lol…
Basically it's a direct transfer of your money through Israel into the pockets of Northrop Grumman, for example. You're buying stock in Northrop Grumman but you don't acually get the stock.

Hello military-industrial-complex. I like Ike.

Progressives are racist AND anti-Semitic?? How shocking.
This is such a funny tack to take.

Folks on the left rail against things the state of Israel does. Which is then trumpeted as antisemitic.

But that would have to mean that abusing others is an inherent Jewish trait.

This is such a funny tack to take.

Folks on the left rail against things the state of Israel does. Which is then trumpeted as antisemitic.

But that would have to mean that abusing others is an inherent Jewish trait.
I must have misplaced my 'What if...?' to English dictionary. Can you translate that for me?

You just support terrorist states. But thank you for so openly siding with the anti-Semites.
Did you consider blacks in South Africa to be terrorists against their oppressors? Do yourself a favor, look up apartheid and then try to defend Israel's position.

Did you consider blacks in South Africa to be terrorists against their oppressors? Do yourself a favor, look up apartheid and then try to defend Israel's position.
What a stupid comparison. It would just be so much easier and so much more honest if you just admitted to hating Israel

What a stupid comparison. It would just be so much easier and so much more honest if you just admitted to hating Israel
Almost afraid to ask, why does that comparison bother you? Is it because you see the fallacy in your statements?

Almost afraid to ask, why does that comparison bother you? Is it because you see the fallacy in your statements?
Im not bothered by such as stupid comparison, I was merely pointing it out. This is America. You are free to love Hamas and hate Israel. For some reason you libs just like to pretend otherwise.

Bullcrap. What anti-semite site are you getting your nonsense from?

Israel is a strategic asset and has been for decades.

No, actually Tom was right, you're incorrect here Retired, no matter how many links you post from telaviv.com you'll still be incorrect.

AOC, Ilhan Omar, and Rashida Tlaib struck down the funding for Israel's defensive Iron Dome system -- and for what? Because it's a defensive system that saves lives from incoming missiles that would otherwise take lives.
There's really no such thing as a "defensive system" because all defensive systems protect... your offense. In insulates you from the consequences of your aggression, the retaliation.

Did you tell Trump he was supporting a terrorist state when he gave aid to Saudi Arabia?
Saudi Arabia is a terrorist state? According to whom? And why has no one told Biden this?

I must have misplaced my 'What if...?' to English dictionary. Can you translate that for me?
Antisemitism is hating Jews for being Jewish. But any criticism.of the actions of the state of Israel is labeled antisemitic.

In order for that to be accurate, whatever behavior of the state of Israel that is being complained about would have to be inherently Jewish.

Otherwise it is just criticism of the actions of a state.

Not antisemitism.

The power relationship in this case is ridiculously backwards.

Israel needs us way more than we need them, but we never apply that leverage to address any of their problematic actions.

Im not bothered by such as stupid comparison, I was merely pointing it out. This is America. You are free to love Hamas and hate Israel. For some reason you libs just like to pretend otherwise.

Why do you feel that I should be required to "hate" or "love" either Hamas or Israel?

Why do you feel obligated to take sides in centuries old religious tribe squabbling that will never end?

I say it ALL sucks, from Hamas to the USAs albatross Israel. SCREW 'EM!!!!

Back
Top Bottom