• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:153]Don't You Liberals Realize that your Welfare for life program will result in nat'l bankruptcy

Re: Don't You Liberals Realize that your Welfare for life program will result in national bankruptcy

Perhaps you don't get out much
m

Can you name some of these welfare for life programs. I get Social Security, and will til I die. Get more than I paid in, so it’s welfare for life. Is that what you mean?

Re: Don't You Liberals Realize that your Welfare for life program will result in national bankruptcy

m

Can you name some of these welfare for life programs. I get Social Security, and will til I die. Get more than I paid in, so it’s welfare for life. Is that what you mean?

Housing subsidies, food stamps, cash assistance programs. Social Security is not a welfare program at all, but it will be a great disappointment when people who have paid into SS all their lives are denied proper funding because of illegal immigration.

Housing subsidies, food stamps, cash assistance programs. Social Security is not a welfare program at all, but it will be a great disappointment when people who have paid into SS all their lives are denied proper funding because of illegal immigration.

Yeah.. you went off the deep end there. You don't seem to realize that illegal immigration ACTUALLY BOLSTERS social security. You have perhaps millions of illegal immigrants.. paying into social security because they have duplicate and false social security cards... and yet they will never ever be able to get social security as an illegal immigrant.

Yeah.. you went off the deep end there. You don't seem to realize that illegal immigration ACTUALLY BOLSTERS social security. You have perhaps millions of illegal immigrants.. paying into social security because they have duplicate and false social security cards... and yet they will never ever be able to get social security as an illegal immigrant.

So argue the liberals. I doubt their wages are paid above board, subject to taxes of any kind, let alone social security.

I live in Northern Florida. Literally everyone I know who is on welfare here is an avid Trump supporter.

As is my brother in Greenup, KY. He cusses libruls, democrats, welfare rats, messkin's, etc., and I guarantee you that boy hasn't seen a check without a treasury seal on it in 20 years. He gets rental assistance, health insurance, food stamps, probably some kind of social security assistance. He's 56 years old and I guarantee you, if you added up all the time he was gainfully employed, it would amount to less than 5 years. But he is at the church house everytime the door swings open making America great again.

I would bet a nickel ol' Virgil and his family might know a thing or two about entitlements too. (Just judging on his intelligence level appearance.) But I could be wrong.

I get the part about being a bit pissed off when a fella works his ass off, (3 jobs in my case,) while some others just feel entitled to suck the government teat. But I know just as many trailer park Trumpkins on welfare as I do ghetto rats. It ain't a left/right thing, I don't think.

One reason I don't get overly upset about some people getting goodies from Uncle Sam is because, if the republicans take away the money from the welfare rats, they will only turn around and give it to the rich people/corporate welfare. Either way, I'll never see any of it. I guess I would rather see it going to the poor people than to the rich people.

Last edited:

So argue the liberals. I doubt their wages are paid above board, subject to taxes of any kind, let alone social security.

Here.

Billions of dollars in Social Security and Medicare tax money is contributed by undocumented immigrants each year and under current law, undocumented workers are prohibited from reaping their share of the benefits.

Based on the Social Security Chief Actuary's most recent records obtained by NBC 7 Investigates, undocumented workers, paid at least $12 billion into Social Security in 2010 alone. These payroll contributions are collected the same way all employee deductions are paid.

Undocumented workers though, who don't work for cash, must give their employers a fake Social Security number and while the federal government knows who they are, there is no effort to use that data to deport them

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/investigations/Undocumented-Workers-Contribute-Billions-of-Dollars-to-Social-Security-and-Medicare--449790973.html

Dream on. Social security is solid, will stay solid, and if it stops being solid, we’ll fix it. Welfare by another name for me.

Illagals, of course, are on welfare for life. That’s why they spend all their time relaxing in the fields, picking strawberries and grapes for the fun of it. Strange, many of them will pay into SS and never collect. Thank you Pedro, for the subsidy.

Many hundred billions of dollars are lost because we cannot control our borders. The wall will pay for itself thousands of times over. The only reason these illegals are here is because democrats rely on their fraudulent illegal votes to compete in our elections. The American people do not want illegal immigrants voting in our elections or siphoning funds from our welfare state. Perhaps you think us unkind, but in reality we just want to continue to exist and enjoy life, without being ruined by pointless sympathy.

Many hundred billions of dollars are lost because we cannot control our borders. The wall will pay for itself thousands of times over. The only reason these illegals are here is because democrats rely on their fraudulent illegal votes to compete in our elections. The American people do not want illegal immigrants voting in our elections or siphoning funds from our welfare state. Perhaps you think us unkind, but in reality we just want to continue to exist and enjoy life, without being ruined by pointless sympathy.

Votes????...Say what?.....Lots of these illegals work...work hard...doing jobs lazy white people won't do or can't do....You'll have to prove they vote....But you can't

Nah.. actually most studies show that hundreds of billions of dollars are MADE because of illegal immigrants and their labor. You were wrong about social security and you are wrong about this. the only real issue is not whether illegal immigrants are a drain or improve the economy.. that's already been shown.. study after study shows it improves the economy.

the real question is who BENEFITS from that improvement in the economy.. and most indicators is that its the wealthy that benefit from the increase in the economy. Its one of the reasons for the stagnant wages and increased inequity.

Which is why NEITHER democrats, republicans and ESPECIALLY TRUMP.. are not interested in decreasing illegal immigration. That cheap labor is making the wealthy billions. And trump is in the hotel business.. which benefits greatly from illegal immigration.

The idea that "democrats want illegal votes"... is pure hogwash. Its another giant lie that's being propagated. Illegal immigrants are not in any way a significant source of any votes.

A wall is merely a symbol that you have bought into.. its a lie.. any expert on immigration will tell you that a wall will do virtually nothing to decrease illegal immigration. It will just be a giant waste of money and effort.

The key to solving the immigration issues is stopping the employers from hiring these folks. That's why they are here. To work. end of story. Not to "be terrorists".. or "kill people".. or "bring in drugs or rape". That's all a giant lie told by Trump and other republicans.

These folks are here to work. Go after the employers that hire them.. and the problem goes away. no need for a wall. Stop the reason that they come here in the first place.

but you won't listen to facts.. or logic. You like the hate and anger that trump creates.

Votes????...Say what?.....Lots of these illegals work...work hard...doing jobs lazy white people won't do or can't do....You'll have to prove they vote....But you can't

Yeah.. no offense but that's also a racist statement. Most of the folks working "doing those jobs".. are actually American citizens. Working right alongside illegal immigrants.

He’s telling the truth, but he is idioticly wrong. The name of the Democratic Party and the Republican Party merely switched sides when party lines were blurred in the 1900s. In today’s terms, it is the current Republican Party who were responsible for slavery, Jim Crow, etc. The Democratic Party of that time demoniatef the southern states while the Republican Party was the northern states. The Democratic Party of that time was and is the Republican Party of today’s time. He’s just an idiot who didn’t do research and looking for reasons to blame the democrats.

He’s telling the truth, but he is idioticly wrong. The name of the Democratic Party and the Republican Party merely switched sides when party lines were blurred in the 1900s. In today’s terms, it is the current Republican Party who were responsible for slavery, Jim Crow, etc. The Democratic Party of that time demoniatef the southern states while the Republican Party was the northern states. The Democratic Party of that time was and is the Republican Party of today’s time. He’s just an idiot who didn’t do research and looking for reasons to blame the democrats.

Perhaps the "switch" can be further elaborated on? Only a handful of congressional members ie Strom Thurman actually "switched parties". Most, like Robert Byrd, former KKK member, retained their membership in the Democrat Party.

Nah.. actually most studies show that hundreds of billions of dollars are MADE because of illegal immigrants and their labor. You were wrong about social security and you are wrong about this. the only real issue is not whether illegal immigrants are a drain or improve the economy.. that's already been shown.. study after study shows it improves the economy.

the real question is who BENEFITS from that improvement in the economy.. and most indicators is that its the wealthy that benefit from the increase in the economy. Its one of the reasons for the stagnant wages and increased inequity.

Which is why NEITHER democrats, republicans and ESPECIALLY TRUMP.. are not interested in decreasing illegal immigration. That cheap labor is making the wealthy billions. And trump is in the hotel business.. which benefits greatly from illegal immigration.

The idea that "democrats want illegal votes"... is pure hogwash. Its another giant lie that's being propagated. Illegal immigrants are not in any way a significant source of any votes.

A wall is merely a symbol that you have bought into.. its a lie.. any expert on immigration will tell you that a wall will do virtually nothing to decrease illegal immigration. It will just be a giant waste of money and effort.

The key to solving the immigration issues is stopping the employers from hiring these folks. That's why they are here. To work. end of story. Not to "be terrorists".. or "kill people".. or "bring in drugs or rape". That's all a giant lie told by Trump and other republicans.

These folks are here to work. Go after the employers that hire them.. and the problem goes away. no need for a wall. Stop the reason that they come here in the first place.

but you won't listen to facts.. or logic. You like the hate and anger that trump creates.

"Studies show" simply means that leftists sometimes write articles that imagine that illegal 3rd world peasant immigrants with no education, who go on welfare for life, actually "contribute" to anything other than vote tallies for the Democrat Party

"Studies show" simply means that leftists sometimes write articles that imagine that illegal 3rd world peasant immigrants with no education, who go on welfare for life, actually "contribute" to anything other than vote tallies for the Democrat Party

Actually no.. Studies are peer reviewed science that is not just an opinion.. but is based on actual data.

Seriously man.. you don't have a leg to stand on here.

Actually no.. Studies are peer reviewed science that is not just an opinion.. but is based on actual data.

Seriously man.. you don't have a leg to stand on here.

"peer reviewed" in this day and age means just as little as supposed "global warming, err, global freezing, err, climate change, err, whatever we decide this week for political purposes"

All of those things are "peer reviewed" provided that said peers confirm your idiotic leftist opinions. Other than that, these opinions mean very little since they are in fact completely wrong.

Honestly, you don't think so many third world peasants will work out, with you in power, without national bankruptcy?

We have a lot of population and many sets of problems so everything in a bag of Liberal goodies cannot be used here. Not all at once anyway. We just aim to add one goodie at a time. We tax elites, well mostly anyway to avoid any chance of the condition you call bankruptcy and to pay for Liberal goodies. It seems to me we have undeclared bankruptcy all the time even with very intelligent humans in charge and not a great deal of Liberal goodies. Isn't bankruptcy a condition where your debts exceed your income? Welfare for life is a very lofty goal. I do admire countries like Canada and the Scandinavian countries. They don't have our population or our problems but last I checked they all had AAA credit ratings same as the US. Good to excellent economies and citizens rated either the happiest or among the happiest in the world. It is shocking that they are not bankrupt since they have all those Liberal goodies for life. It would be foolish to try adding even one Liberal goodie in the US with our current tax structure. We would need to change the tax structure or end very generous tax cuts to people who were already obscenely wealthy before they were given even more wealth. I'm not too awfully worried about illegal immigrants since they equal only 3% of our total population. We do need to do something about those poor DACA kids and do a little work on the humanitarian crises on our Southern border. A Liberals work is never done but we keep on trying.

"peer reviewed" in this day and age means just as little as supposed "global warming, err, global freezing, err, climate change, err, whatever we decide this week for political purposes"

All of those things are "peer reviewed" provided that said peers confirm your idiotic leftist opinions. Other than that, these opinions mean very little since they are in fact completely wrong.

Yeah.. its this kind of idiocy that is why our country is in such peril. Scientific reasoning is dismissed out of hand.. by a simple.. "well I don't believe that".

Sorry sir.. but you don't even know what peer reviewed means. Nor do you understand science and scientific study.

And by the way.. no.. those things were not "peer reviewed". You don't "peer review" global warming..

You peer review the studies on climate.

Back
Top Bottom