• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W: 119] Neighbors Help Gay Man Paint House in Rainbow Stripes After He Faced Threats

SNOWFLAKE

Crazy Canuck
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Mykey O'Halloran is known for creating vibrant, colorful hairstyles — so when he recently purchased a beige home, it was a no-brainer for him that he'd give it a makeover.
BB1gjK8s.jpg

O'Halloran, 29, is the proud owner of Unicorn Manes, which has gone viral for creating extravagant hairdos inspired by things like cheeseburgers and tacos, according to the Washington Post.

To help spread his joy — and his pride at being a gay man — O'Halloran decided he'd paint his new beach house on Phillip Island, a small Australian community of about 7,000 people, in rainbow stripes, the Post reported.

But after he was reportedly threatened by a group of aggressive locals, O'Halloran was forced to lean on his community, who stepped up in a big way by turning out to help him paint the house of his dreams.
BB1gjUSf.jpg

The trouble began on March 16, when O'Halloran said that five angry men banged on his door and confronted him about his plans to transform his home, which he bought in February, he told the Post.

"They'd heard about it through a conversation with the painter who was painting my kitchen. They told me, 'Don't do it. Paint your house and see what happens, because next time we meet, it won't be so nice,'" he told the outlet.

The hair stylist said the men shouted homophobic slurs at him, and one even threatened to kill him if he did go ahead with his plans to paint his house (that man was later charged with unlawful assault and making threats to kill, according to the Post.)

Within a month, though, O'Halloran's mood had lifted, and on April 18, more than 100 people showed up, paintbrushes in hand, to paint his home with blue, green, yellow, orange, purple and pink stripes.

Homophobes or just people concerned about how this effects their "neighborhood"?

Mykey O'Halloran is known for creating vibrant, colorful hairstyles — so when he recently purchased a beige home, it was a no-brainer for him that he'd give it a makeover.
View attachment 67331719

O'Halloran, 29, is the proud owner of Unicorn Manes, which has gone viral for creating extravagant hairdos inspired by things like cheeseburgers and tacos, according to the Washington Post.

To help spread his joy — and his pride at being a gay man — O'Halloran decided he'd paint his new beach house on Phillip Island, a small Australian community of about 7,000 people, in rainbow stripes, the Post reported.

But after he was reportedly threatened by a group of aggressive locals, O'Halloran was forced to lean on his community, who stepped up in a big way by turning out to help him paint the house of his dreams.
View attachment 67331720

The trouble began on March 16, when O'Halloran said that five angry men banged on his door and confronted him about his plans to transform his home, which he bought in February, he told the Post.

"They'd heard about it through a conversation with the painter who was painting my kitchen. They told me, 'Don't do it. Paint your house and see what happens, because next time we meet, it won't be so nice,'" he told the outlet.

The hair stylist said the men shouted homophobic slurs at him, and one even threatened to kill him if he did go ahead with his plans to paint his house (that man was later charged with unlawful assault and making threats to kill, according to the Post.)

Within a month, though, O'Halloran's mood had lifted, and on April 18, more than 100 people showed up, paintbrushes in hand, to paint his home with blue, green, yellow, orange, purple and pink stripes.

Homophobes or just people concerned about how this effects their "neighborhood"?

This is why some people dont care for gays and "trans" etc.

Because there are a lot of them that cant just live their lives, they have to make sure they are CONSTANTLY broadcasting their gayness or trans ness or whatever to every person within site, every day of the year. Every second of every day.
Then they plead for their "privacy" when they start getting the attention that they asked everyone to give them.

see: just like this fella here.
Some of the cross dressers will harass and hit on straight men constantly to the point of lewdness, in public, then when one of these folks is attacked by some unsuspecting man they attempted to "get with", then it becomes a big "attack on a trans". Well, you have to stop with the behavior that ticks the people around you off to begin with.
Now this guy is sitting in that house thinking "Heh heh heh, I just pissed the entire neighborhood off with this big gaudy eyesore of a house, and now EVERY ONE of them has to realize that I'm gay every single time they drive by! It is SO awesome!! man, I'm annoying people and I LIKE IT!!! Getting the attention that I crave SOOOOOOOO freaking bad!!!!!"

You really cant see this?

*edit* Good lord no wonder they didn't want it there. I sure AF wouldn't want to live next to that either. 👍

Because there are a lot of them that cant just live their lives, they have to make sure they are CONSTANTLY broadcasting their gayness or trans ness or whatever to every person within site, every day of the year. Every second of every day.
Then they plead for their "privacy" when they start getting the attention that they asked everyone to give them.

Some of the cross dressers will harass and hit on straight men constantly to the point of lewdness, in public, then when one of these folks is attacked by some unsuspecting man they attempted to "get with", then it becomes a big "attack on a trans". Well, you have to stop with the behavior that ticks the people around you off to begin with.
Now this guy is sitting in that house thinking "Heh heh heh, I just pissed the entire neighborhood off with this big gaudy eyesore of a house, and now EVERY ONE of them has to realize that I'm gay every single time they drive by! It is SO awesome!! man, I'm annoying people and I LIKE IT!!! Getting the attention that I crave SOOOOOOOO freaking bad!!!!!"

*edit* Good lord no wonder they didn't want it there. I sure AF wouldn't want to live next to that either. 👍
The color scheme of someone's house does not do you harm, regardless of how you feel about it, how "uncomfortable" it makes you. The same is true if someone is merely "hitting on" you. As long as they aren't touching you, you are not being harmed. Unless it is at work or school, deal with it, like women do all the time.

Well... we usually drive such people into a barn with a pitchfork in the provinces and set them on fire...
I'm just kidding, of course.

But in general, a person consciously sought a conflict, coming to the province and provoking the locals, and then making the biggest eyes "What did I do wrong?"
Some people are persistently looking for ways to get around them, so that they can then tell the public about it with hysteria.

Well... we usually drive a pitchfork into a barn in the provinces and set it on fire...
just kidding, of course.

But in general, a person consciously sought a conflict, coming to the province and provoking the locals, and then making the biggest eyes "What did I do wrong?"
Some people are persistently looking for ways to get around them, so that they can then tell the public about it with hysteria.
Painting your house to match your personality is not purposely starting a conflict. It is called freedom to express yourself.

Painting your house to match your personality is not purposely starting a conflict. It is called freedom to express yourself.
As I say, big eyes "What am I doing wrong?"

If you'll excuse me, when you come to Dubai, why do you respect Muslim clothing requirements and don't wear shorts outside of tourist areas?.. but when you come to your American province, for some reason you absolutely do not care about the culture of the local population and what can offend them.

The color scheme of someone's house does not do you harm, regardless of how you feel about it, how "uncomfortable" it makes you. The same is true if someone is merely "hitting on" you. As long as they aren't touching you, you are not being harmed. Unless it is at work or school, deal with it, like women do all the time.

Yes it does, its a f*****g eyesore. It doesnt "make me uncomfortable", it makes me want to suck my eyeballs out with a shop vac. There are codes in neighborhoods for this very reason. It makes me want to vomit. If I lived next to that, its hard to say what I'd do.
And you are also defending trans crossdresser men walking up to other straight men and intentionally hitting on them. So they will continue with that very stupid behavior, and they will continue to be beaten up and killed. And they'll continue to cry "victim" when it happens, even though they could have very easily avoided it in the first place.

You're not really using your noggin' for anything resembling common sense IMO. Use some common sense. Would you want to live next to that and look at it every day out your window? I sure AF wouldn't. Just the same as I dont want to look at 14 cars up on blocks in the neighbors yard.
Good lord, where did common sense go? Has anyone seen it?

If you'll excuse me, when you come to Dubai, why do you respect Muslim clothing requirements and don't wear shorts outside of tourist areas?.. but when you come to your American province, for some reason you absolutely do not care about the culture of the local population and what can offend them.
Because american culture is one of inclusion. Not division.

This guy hurt no one. If someone is offended by him, its because they have chosen to be, and they can go pound sand. You do not have a right to not be offended.

Yes it does, its a f*****g eyesore. It doesnt "make me uncomfortable", it makes me want to suck my eyeballs out with a shop vac. There are codes in neighborhoods for this very reason. It makes me want to vomit. If I lived next to that, its hard to say what I'd do.
And you are also defending trans crossdresser men walking up to other straight men and intentionally hitting on them. So they will continue with that very stupid behavior, and they will continue to be beaten up and killed. And they'll continue to cry "victim" when it happens, even though they could have very easily avoided it in the first place.

You're not really using your noggin' for anything resembling common sense IMO. Use some common sense. Would you want to live next to that and look at it every day out your window? I sure AF wouldn't. Just the same as I dont want to look at 14 cars up on blocks in the neighbors yard.
Good lord, where did common sense go? Has anyone seen it?
I think signs saying "Praise Jesus" or giant crosses in people's yards are "eyesores" but believe in people's rights to display "eyesores" with their property.

If something effects you to the point described above, then the problem is yours, not theirs.

Well... we usually drive such people into a barn with a pitchfork in the provinces and set them on fire...
I'm just kidding, of course.

*clap*
*clap*
*clap*

I've been to Dubai and wore the same clothing I wore from the ship in any other port. We played paintball in Dubai with a Muslim family while there in fact. But if their laws require something, then that is completely different than someone's "culture" requiring something, some form of wear. We have more freedom in the US than they do in Dubai. I was there right before and then a few months after the Cole got hit (and yes, I know the Cole was not hit there, but it certainly did effect port visits for US Navy ships in that area).

Last edited:

Awwww. Where did the mean gay man touch you that has made you so angry?

When confederates and nazis hang confederate or nazi flags, its about their "heritage". When gays paint their house, they're "broadcasting a lifestyle".

Peculiar.

Burn Siege. :)

This guy hurt no one. If someone is offended by him, its because they have chosen to be, and they can go pound sand. You do not have a right to not be offended.

*Peacocking
🦚
:LOL:

Even though everyone here has GOT to know they'd never live next to that thing in a million freaking years BWAHAHAHAHA.
Its still important to peacock those great virtues.👍
Good boy. *pats head*

I almost laughed out loud.
I am registered on dozens of different portals. Russian, Belarusian, European and American.
There are taboos and cultural differences everywhere. There are people who take them for granted, someone struggles with them, someone tries to reject them.
And I, as an outside observer in American social networks, can clearly see how much American society is divided.
The rich, the middle, and the poor. White and colored, police, military and civilian, coastal and Redneck residents, etc.
I have never met anywhere that the news almost always had a characteristic epithet, white, hetero, military... except in American social networks.

And then you tell me, comrade, that American culture... what? Are you serious?
You are either deceiving yourself, or you have completely lost your shame.

*Peacocking
🦚

Even though everyone here has GOT to know they'd never live next to that thing in a million freaking years BWAHAHAHAHA.
Its still important to peacock those great virtues.👍
Good boy. *pats head*
I would. I would not have any issue with it, especially if it were a beach home. Have you been to the beaches in NC, seen some of the beach home colors there?

Awwww. Where did the mean gay man touch you that has made you so angry?

Gosh, that sure is an adult contribution. You must have a very developed intellect I'll bet.
Will you reach into your diaper and start smearing your feces in your hair as an encore?

Awesome, while its not the LBGT pride and unity colors still awesome people showed up in solidarity to help.

and to answer your question . . yes hateful, vile, sociopathic homophobes

I would. I would not have any issue with it, especially if it were a beach home. Have you been to the beaches in NC, seen some of the beach home colors there?

Well I sure AF would.

Also, perhaps you should reread the article. This happened in Australia, not America, but I'd support it either way. Just as I support this:

Well I sure AF would.
Too bad. Move or don't look. It is their freedom and you have no right to not be offended or take issue with other people's property. You are free to do so, but not to force them to do anything about it just because you don't like it.

When confederates and nazis hang confederate or nazi flags, its about their "heritage". When gays paint their house, they're "broadcasting a lifestyle".

Peculiar.

Burn Siege. :)

Theres the "confederates and nazis" again.
LOL. -smh-
I'll bet the people in the neighborhood that dont want to look at that pile of shit are all Nazis.:rolleyes:

This is the dumbest shit I read so far today LMAO
if THIS (a rainbow paint job) makes a person "not care for gays and trans" that person is a loon who already hated them and has serious issues.
This act shouldn't bother anybody and even if it does it shouldnt be associated with all gays and all-trans LMAO thats bat shit wackadoodle insane. That type of bigotry and sociopathic behavior needs looked at ASAP.

Also, perhaps you should reread the article. This is happened in Australia, not America, but I'd support it either way. Just as I support this:

Ok. Thats very noble of you. 🦚 It shows a great and noble love of people to support having eyesores like that all around. very "inclusive" and totally anti-trans-gayaphobe.

usually what happens is the cis guy realizes he was turned on, and starts punching out of fear.

Back
Top Bottom