• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:1] Derek Chauvin convicted of murder in death of George Floyd

I don't have time to explain to you what I learned in over 30 years of this sort of thing. But I didn't see an intent to kill and I think certain big mouthed assholes in politics polluted things. I also believe that the threat of violent riots influenced the jury

You're attempting to justify cold-blooded murder. You owe us an explanation for that kind of radical statement.

You're attempting to justify cold-blooded murder. You owe us an explanation for that kind of radical statement.
You are mischaracterizing what I have said. I believe-and said weeks ago-that the defendant should be found guilty of reckless homicide. I don't see it as cold blooded murder, but rather reckless indifference

I don't have time to explain to you what I learned in over 30 years of this sort of thing. But I didn't see an intent to kill and I think certain big mouthed assholes in politics polluted things. I also believe that the threat of violent riots influenced the jury
And I'm sure if the jury had let Chauvin walk you would have been open to the idea the jury was biased in any way. Oh, no, no, no. That would be impossible.

Countless cops have walked because of politicians scaring the public they'd be "hamstringing police", so I guess it evens out.

As we've seen, a racist can leave behind a manifesto, and people will still chuck it up to mental illness or lone wolf bullshit.

Bad 🍎 s having bad days, whatever. All the same.

And I'm sure if the jury had let Chauvin walk you would have been open to the idea the jury was biased in any way. Oh, no, no, no. That would be impossible.

Countless cops have walked because of politicians scaring the public they'd be "hamstringing police", so I guess it evens out.
why lie about my position=again, I said he was guilty of manslaughter. What he did was clearly improper

man, just think if Limbaugh was still alive. Floyd would be trashed for decades.

TD, you did it again.

You are mischaracterizing what I have said.

Later in the very same post:

I believe-and said weeks ago-that the defendant should be found guilty of reckless homicide. I don't see it as cold blooded murder, but rather reckless indifference

Further proving your attempt to justify cold-blooded murder.

You are mischaracterizing what I have said. I believe-and said weeks ago-that the defendant should be found guilty of reckless homicide. I don't see it as cold blooded murder, but rather reckless indifference
Why not look at the actual charges? They've been published.

And that would be Murder 3. And 'indifference' is cold blooded. It means you dont give a shit. Chauvin demonstrated clear depraved indifference to a life...one clear and observable/audible piece of evidence is that he was told twice by another cop that GF had no pulse. And he still ignored the police policy he knew, for 2.43 minutes, to remain in position and not render aid as was the policy. He CHOSE to do this.

why lie about my position=again, I said he was guilty of manslaughter. What he did was clearly improper
It was blatant second degree murder.

Excessive force (assault) that led to an unintentional killing. That's the definition of second degree murder.

The jury made the correct decision. I'm sorry for the Floyd families loss and I'm glad they will get justice.

I would like also add, I am very proud of our President and Vice President for addressing the public after the verdict.

Empathy and compassion go such a long way and I'm proud the our current White House displays both.

TD, you did it again.

Later in the very same post:

Further proving your attempt to justify cold-blooded murder.
For all the alleged concern by some about rioting, it's clear many on the right were cheering for riots and destruction for their politicians to benefit from, and they're gravely disappointed that it didn't happen.

They think we can't tell.

No trial I can recall in modern history has been as corrupt.

1 murder. Convicted of 3 murders. Why not 20?

In fact, with only 1 death, 2 of the 3 convictions MUST by definition of the statutes be false convictions.

What percentage of appeals in criminal trials result in overturning a conviction?
Not sure, as I am not sure how many Civil settlements are completed before a criminal proceeding NOR how a Representative can incite the outcome of a trial that is on going, so we shall see right?

Why not look at the actual charges? They've been published.

And that would be Murder 3. And 'indifference' is cold blooded. It means you dont give a shit. Chauvin demonstrated clear depraved indifference to a life...one clear and observable/audible piece of evidence is that he was told twice by another cop that GF had no pulse. And he still ignored the police policy he knew, for 2.43 minutes, to remain in position and not render aid as was the policy. He CHOSE to do this.
Chauvin showed zero emotion, which frankly, did more to support the allegation that he had cold blooded indifference to the harm he was causing Floyd than anything else did.

For all the alleged concern by some about rioting, it's clear many on the right were cheering for riots and destruction for their politicians to benefit from, and they're gravely disappointed that it didn't happen.

They think we can't tell.

Without question.

Whoop--There it is!

What a jerk...excuse me, "Nazi Jerk."

So you have no faith in our juries?
Our Juries completed their job.

Other people messed up. How is it right for a CIVIL case settled before the criminal case.

let me ask you a simple question SERIOUSLY.

If the defendant was found not guilty of a crime. Does that mean the Floyd Family HAS TO return the $27million dollar settlement?

Civil settlements are completed afterwards for a reason. The mere fact it was settled implied guilt which taints the jury.

Secondly. Maxine waters actions also tainted the jury.

The Jury did what they had to do. Outside influences jeopardizes this case.

1) I agree
2) Maxine is entitled to her opinion, didn't say anyting even worth blowing up and the jury was sequestered.
Sequestered AFTER her comments what is heard cant be unheard no matter HOW much you say....

Chauvin showed zero emotion, which frankly, did more to support the allegation that he had cold blooded indifference to the harm he was causing Floyd than anything else did.
No kidding. IMO the indifference is clear, the now-infamous picture of Chauvin kneeling nonchalantly on GF's neck, hand on his hip, and the look on his face is clearly, "This ****er wants to be a pain in the ass? I'll show him a pain in the ass."

He sure as hell wasnt worried about the crowd. He was looking straight at them.

GF_Ch.jpg

You mean that the cop murdered him?
Is that what they were speaking about?
No? Then why intercede with asininity?

But let me help you out in case you are confused.
Fact: Was found guilty of murder.
Fact: Does not mean he actually murdered him.
Or do you not understand that people can be wrongly convicted?

Today was a good day, but it's only one step.

Police culture has been rotting for decades. This isn't new. 30-40% of police spouses report family violence, or having been threatened with violence. That's not a "few bad apples". That's an epidemic of violent people seeking out police work from years of seeing rogue cops get away with heinous abuse, then bringing whatever psychotic issues they have with them to the streets of America, with a badge and weapons along the way.

Yes, we need cops, and there are mostly good cops. But we have a substantial minority of police that are dangerous and corrupted, and we have to stop sticking our heads in the sand about that reality.

No kidding. The indifference is clear, the now-infamous picture of Chauvin kneeling nonchalantly on GF's neck, hand on his hip, and the look on his face is clearly, "This ****er wants to be a pain in the ass? I'll show him a pain in the ass."

He sure as hell wasnt worried about the crowd.

View attachment 67329642
This is the "I'm a cop. What are you gonna do to me?" look that waaaay too many police show us.

Back
Top Bottom