• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

VySky's Weekly Devotional

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Since I visit DP daily God has put in my heart to try my hand at posting a weekly devotional. I will leave a message and how we might apply his word as we go about our day, or night, depending on where you are at in the world.

Not saying I won't miss a week as I'm not sure I can answer the call. While we each of us has a spiritual gift, impromptu teaching has never been one of my strong points. And teachers of the word will face stricter judgement at the Judgement Seat so one needs to check himself carefully.

To that end,

May 23, 2021

- The Samaritan Woman at the Well

JOHN- 4:16-30 (NKJV)

16) Jesus said to her, "Go, call your husband, and come here"

17) The woman answered and said, "I have no husband." Jesus said to her, "You have well said, 'I have no husband,

18) for you have had 5 husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband: in that you spoke truly".

19) The woman said to Him, “Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet.

20) Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship.”

21) Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father.

22) You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews.

23) But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.

24) God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

25) The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (who is called Christ). “When He comes, He will tell us all things.”

26) Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am He.

27) And at this point His disciples came, and they marveled that He talked with a woman; yet no one said, “What do You seek?” or, “Why are You talking with her?”

28) The woman then left her waterpot, went her way into the city, and said to the men,

29) “Come, see a Man who told me all things that I ever did. Could this be the Christ?”

30) Then they went out of the city and came to Him.

ctd,

--------------

th.jpeg

My Comments on Post #1- There is so much to wrap our arms around here. It was common for the Jews to take the long road around Samaria on their way from Judea to Galilee. Because the Israelite inhabitants of Samaria had intermarried with the foreigners and adopted their idolatrous religion, Samaritans were universally despised by the Jews.

But Jesus took the direct route as to pass through the heart of Samaria. He knew he would meet the 'woman' at the well in mid-day. She deliberately avoided the busy time of the day to avoid the other women who looked down upon her. She questioned Jesus as to why a Jew would worship in Samaria and not Jerusalem. When Jesus said there would be a time when neither on the mountain or Jerusalem they would worship, he was referring to both locations would soon become obsolete.

In v23 we see Jesus talking of the 'hour' which is his Crucifixion when his elect now worships by faith, and not that of the Old Testament (OT) law. By grace we receive faith through the Holy Spirit

v25 illustrates for us the woman clearly believed there was a coming messiah. Even she couldn't believe he was anything other than a prophet.

And v26 is what I tell everyone was Jesus 'drop the mic' moment at the well when he told her “I who speak to you am He.” . This is 1 of the 7 times in the book of John where Jesus said 'I AM" the MESSIAH

Can't be any more blunt than that right?

In v 27-30 we see the woman was beside herself. She left her water pot at the well and ran to the city to tell the old men at the gate everything Jesus had said to her. He essentially aired her 'Dirty Laundry' and she went to town and bragged about it. Like her sin was a good thing. When before the encounter she lived in shame, but after meeting Jesus that no longer was important to her. I'm sure his disciples when they returned were indeed curious to who the woman was, and why Jesus was talking to her.

As a result of Jesus talking with the woman, many came to him from the city where she ran to tell of his wonder.

In closing. This story is a reminder Jesus seeks the weakest of us in spirit, and he will use each and every one of us he has called to glorify him. We are just links in a chain that God uses to bring others to him. God says we are to go out and make disciples and remember the poor. I admit, I am trying to do better in that regard as the rich man has his rewards built on earthly things of the flesh, but the poor and needy will inherit the kingdom of God for those who believe Jesus is the son of God and rose from the dead as he said he would will have everlasting life. AMEN

Have a blessed week and may God bless the reading of his Holy word.

-Vy

May 30, 2022

Nehemiah‬ ‭8:5-6‬ ‭NKJV

“And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people, for he was standing above all the people; and when he opened it, all the people stood up. And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. Then all the people answered, “Amen, Amen!” while lifting up their hands. And they bowed their heads and worshiped the LORD with their faces to the ground.”
‭‭‬‬

I never knew until I read these verses why we stood when reading the word and also stood with heads bowed down in humility with hands raised up before God.

May God bless the reading of his Holy word

May 30, 2022

Nehemiah‬ ‭8:5-6‬ ‭NKJV

“And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people, for he was standing above all the people; and when he opened it, all the people stood up. And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. Then all the people answered, “Amen, Amen!” while lifting up their hands. And they bowed their heads and worshiped the LORD with their faces to the ground.”
‭‭‬‬

I never knew until I read these verses why we stood when reading the word and also stood with heads bowed down in humility with hands raised up before God.

May God bless the reading of his Holy word
Good thread! If I may comment.

One of the reasons for standing when reading the Scrolls was respect for the truth of God's Word spoken. Whenever they finished speaking it, the speaker sat down to preach on it. However, the words spoken then might not have been the truth.

*Apologies for being a day late. Have the grandkids and family here and its been chaos lol

Tuesday
June 7, 2022

Matthew 6:34 NKJV

"Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its on trouble."

Yes its hard to do. We tend to worry about things outside our control. What Jesus is reminding us here is we need not look past today.

As in the book of James 4:15, teaches us 'if the lord is willing' should be the first thing to consider when making our plans. For today God is giving us our needs to suffice.

Have a great week and may our Lord God bless the reading of his word in the holy name of Jesus

AMEN!

Monday
June 13, 2022

John 14:6
6Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”

———————

Comment: Jesus is letting us know there is no other way into the kingdom of God other than through him. We will all face Jesus one day. If you are saved don’t fear, for you can’t lose your salvation. Jesus is not going to condemn us for sin as God sent him as a sacrifice for us. But he will judge how we walked in Christ while on this earth. There are different levels (rewards) in heaven so hopefully those are awarded based on that face to face meeting with our redeemer.

May God bless the reading of his word!

Have a great week 😊

My Comments on Post #1- There is so much to wrap our arms around here. It was common for the Jews to take the long road around Samaria on their way from Judea to Galilee. Because the Israelite inhabitants of Samaria had intermarried with the foreigners and adopted their idolatrous religion, Samaritans were universally despised by the Jews.

But Jesus took the direct route as to pass through the heart of Samaria. He knew he would meet the 'woman' at the well in mid-day. She deliberately avoided the busy time of the day to avoid the other women who looked down upon her. She questioned Jesus as to why a Jew would worship in Samaria and not Jerusalem. When Jesus said there would be a time when neither on the mountain or Jerusalem they would worship, he was referring to both locations would soon become obsolete.

In v23 we see Jesus talking of the 'hour' which is his Crucifixion when his elect now worships by faith, and not that of the Old Testament (OT) law. By grace we receive faith through the Holy Spirit

v25 illustrates for us the woman clearly believed there was a coming messiah. Even she couldn't believe he was anything other than a prophet.

And v26 is what I tell everyone was Jesus 'drop the mic' moment at the well when he told her “I who speak to you am He.” . This is 1 of the 7 times in the book of John where Jesus said 'I AM" the MESSIAH

Can't be any more blunt than that right?

In v 27-30 we see the woman was beside herself. She left her water pot at the well and ran to the city to tell the old men at the gate everything Jesus had said to her. He essentially aired her 'Dirty Laundry' and she went to town and bragged about it. Like her sin was a good thing. When before the encounter she lived in shame, but after meeting Jesus that no longer was important to her. I'm sure his disciples when they returned were indeed curious to who the woman was, and why Jesus was talking to her.

As a result of Jesus talking with the woman, many came to him from the city where she ran to tell of his wonder.

In closing. This story is a reminder Jesus seeks the weakest of us in spirit, and he will use each and every one of us he has called to glorify him. We are just links in a chain that God uses to bring others to him. God says we are to go out and make disciples and remember the poor. I admit, I am trying to do better in that regard as the rich man has his rewards built on earthly things of the flesh, but the poor and needy will inherit the kingdom of God for those who believe Jesus is the son of God and rose from the dead as he said he would will have everlasting life. AMEN

Have a blessed week and may God bless the reading of his Holy word.

-Vy
Jesus' message was not about "remembering" the poor by telling them things got better when they died. His message was about helping the poor here on earth, NOW!

Jesus' message was not about "remembering" the poor by telling them things got better when they died. His message was about helping the poor here on earth, NOW!
I agree. Remember not in past tense.

Monday
June 27, 2022

John Baptizes Jesus

Luke 3:21 NKJV

21) When all the people were baptized it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened

22) And the Holy Sprit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, "You are my beloved Son; in You I am well pleased"

Comment- This the one place in the bible where the Trinity is present at the same time. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. After Jesus was baptized John the Baptist job was complete. As Jesus started to baptize the people form there on out. Johns job was to prepare the way for which he did.

God please bless the reading of your Holy word

AMEN!

Have a great week 👍

Monday
July 4, 2022

Luke 21:44 NKJV

The Scriptures Opened

44) Then He said to them, "These are the words I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me"

Comment- This was during a time post resurrection that Jesus appeared to his disciples and they were afraid. For they feared a spirit yet he was there in flesh. In earlier v41-v43 he asked to eat something so to show them he was human. They offered him broiled fish, honeycomb, and he ate in their presence.

In the end, Jesus reminded his disciples what he had said about his previous death and resurrection. As for us today, we can take away Jesus tells us here that the OT scripture concerning the coming messiah had and has been fulfilled.

God please bless the reading of your Holy word

AMEN

Have a good week y'all. :)

Last edited:
Since I visit DP daily God has put in my heart to try my hand at posting a weekly devotional. I will leave a message and how we might apply his word as we go about our day, or night, depending on where you are at in the world.

God's weekly message to VySky and how he will apply His word as he goes about his day.
"Women just need to STFU like they did when those two a$$holes told them ‘what to do with their bodies’"

Monday
July 11, 2022

Luke 18:18-23

Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler

18) Now a certain ruler asked Him, saying, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”

19) So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.

20) You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery,’ ‘Do not murder,’ ‘Do not steal,’ ‘Do not bear false witness,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother.’ ”

21) And he said, “All these things I have kept from my youth.”

22) So when Jesus heard these things, He said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

23) But when he heard this, he became very sorrowful, for he was very rich.

Comment- Amen Jesus.

Indeed we can see when push comes to shove, its hard to give up earthly things for the promise which is the kingdom of heaven. This man was not willing to give up all he has for the poor.

But Jesus knew that. As scripture further says,

Luke 18:25
For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God

Lets think about the guy or gal on the corner when at the supermarket. I have become better at helping those who ask for it.

You never know when you are being tested by an angel

God bless the reading of his Holy Word

AMEN!

As always, have a good one 👍

Monday
July 18,2022

EXODUS 21:22-25

22) ““If men fight, and hurt a woman with child, so that she gives birth prematurely, yet no harm follows, he shall surely be punished accordingly as the woman’s husband imposes on him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.
23) But if any harm follows, then you shall give life for life,
24) eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
25) burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.”

‭‭Exodus‬ ‭21:22-25‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Comment- In these verses God shows us the value he puts on the unborn. Notice the emphasis put on the punishment for the harm that further comes? And Jesus when he was preaching, also put much emphasis on teaching and protecting children.

We are Gods children like sheep to a Shepherd. Rejoice and give thanks to God for all he has done for us. He sacrificed his son so we may live.

Lord God please bless the reading of your Holy Word!

AMEN

Been hot and dry out my way. Don’t look now but fall is coming.

Late 👋

Monday
July 25, 2022

Romans 11:19-24 NKJV

19) You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in

20) Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear.

21) For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either

22) Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.

23) And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

24) For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?”
————

Comments- Ever hear a Christian talk about losing their salvation? Is that possible? God gives us the answer here in Romans 11 using the Olive Tree illustration. God is the root and vine and we are his branches. Here some of the Jews would not accept Jesus as the messiah. They are the broken branches of Gods elect. Broken so the Gentiles could be grafted in with the body. And also now the fallen away branches will be grafted back in for they were pre-destined like the 7000 men God held back from worshiping Baal. They did not bow and worship Baal because God chose them giving grace, not a gift of works.

May God bless the reading of his holy word.
AMEN🙏

It’s a scorcher out there this week. Keep hydrated and take care.

Last edited:
Monday
August 1, 2022

Fear God, keep your Vows

Ecclesiastes 5:18-20 NKJV

18)“Here is what I have seen: It is good and fitting for one to eat and drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labor in which he toils under the sun all the days of his life which God gives him; for it is his heritage.

19) As for every man to whom God has given riches and wealth, and given him power to eat of it, to receive his heritage and rejoice in his labor—this is the gift of God.

20) For he will not dwell unduly on the days of his life, because God keeps him busy with the joy of his heart.”
‭‭

Comments- This scripture was written by King Solomon. We know how God feels about the rich man as he uses him as an example many times such when he said “it would be easier for a camel to thread the eye of a needle than a rich man enter the kingdom of God. In Mark 10 we see a test Jesus gave the rich man.

What this scripture in Ecclesiastes is teaching us is that it’s OK to have earthly possessions and to eat drink and be merry. As long as we keep it in perspective where these gifts came from. Certainly it’s not from anything we did (lest we boast) but it’s a gift from God.

Mark 10:17-31

The Rich Man​

17 As Jesus was starting out on his way to Jerusalem, a man came running up to him, knelt down, and asked, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus asked. “Only God is truly good. 19 But to answer your question, you know the commandments: ‘You must not murder. You must not commit adultery. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. You must not cheat anyone. Honor your father and mother.’[a]”

20 “Teacher,” the man replied, “I’ve obeyed all these commandments since I was young.”

21 Looking at the man, Jesus felt genuine love for him. “There is still one thing you haven’t done,” he told him. “Go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

https://www.bible.com/bible/114/ecc.5.18-20.nkjv

Have a joyous week and take just 5 minutes in the morning to read the Bible. It’s amazing how the rest of your day will go.

Monday
August 8, 2022

GENESIS 22:1-14. NIV

Abraham Tested

1) “Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, “Abraham!” “Here I am,” he replied. Then

2) God said, “Take your son, your only son, whom you love—Isaac—and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on a mountain I will show you.”

3) Early the next morning Abraham got up and loaded his donkey. He took with him two of his servants and his son Isaac. When he had cut enough wood for the burnt offering, he set out for the place God had told him about.

4) On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance.

5) He said to his servants, “Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you.”

6) Abraham took the wood for the burnt offering and placed it on his son Isaac, and he himself carried the fire and the knife. As the two of them went on together,

7) Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abraham, “Father?” “Yes, my son?”

8) Abraham replied. “The fire and wood are here,” Isaac said, “but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?” Abraham answered, “God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.” And the two of them went on together.

9) When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood.

10) Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son.

11) But the angel of the Lord called out to him from heaven, “Abraham! Abraham!” “Here I am,” he replied.

12) “Do not lay a hand on the boy,” he said. “Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son.”

13) Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son.

14) So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.””

‭‭Genesis‬ ‭22:1-14

Comments- There were many who were tested by God. Moses, Job, etc.

God tested Abraham many times before this ultimate test. After all he insured there was this one last test of faith. As commanded, Abraham was off to sacrifice his son Issac for God. I can’t even fathom what that must have felt like for Abraham. God knew he was going to sacrifice his only begotten son Jesus for our sin. This was a test to see if Abraham would do the same for him. Did he posses that deep level of faith to know in some way Gods glory will prevail? The answer is yes.

So let faith be our comfort. Stand firm when the time comes and do not deny Christ. I never want to hear the rooster crow as Peter did.

AMEN

Have a good week and smile at a stranger. Hold the door open for them. It’s the little things folks.

God bless the reading of his Holy Word!

Monday
August 15, 2022

The book of Proverbs was written by King David’s son, Solomon who wrote and spoke 3000 Proverbs and his songs were1005.

Proverbs 3: 9-10

9) Honor the Lord with your possessions, and with the first fruits of all your increase.

10) so your barns will filled with plenty and your vats will overflow with new wine.

Comments- This scripture is where we look for our duty to tithe 10% of our financial increases. Our earthy possessions are a gift from God and we should give thanks to him daily. For we are dead in trespass and have nothing without Christ. The Lord will provide!

May God bless the reading of his Holy Word!

AMEN

Have a good week folks. There’s a touch of fall here this morning and my woods are starting to thin. Won’t be long now. 🍁

Monday
August 22,2022

What is Church?

1 Corinthians 16:19-20 NKJV

19)“The churches of Asia greet you. Aquila and Priscilla greet you heartily in the Lord, with the church that is in their house.

20) All the brethren greet you. Greet one another with a holy kiss.”

Comments- I was one of those who thought a Church was a brick and mortar building. High ceilings with a steeple. Instead we find that the church are people. As Paul writes new Christians we’re meeting in Aquila and Priscillas house. It is believed Paul lived with them for 18 months during his time in Corinth. We can look at other scripture such as

Mathew 18:20 NKJV

20) “For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.””
‭‭
Hopefully there will not come a day where we can’t freely worship at our local church. But we will always have our homes where we can meet and worship our Holy and Righteous God

May God bless the reading of his Holy Word!

AMEN!

Monday
August 29, 2022

The Gospel

Oh yes. The “Good News” otherwise called the Gospel, is what we are commanded to share. When we share it with those who have not heard the word of God, one might ask; What is the Gospel?

There are 4 key elements

1) GOD- We were created by God along with the heavens and earth. For it is written;

Genesis 1-1. “In the beginning God created the heaven and earth.

For that reason he has the authority to command how we live. Like a father, he will punish us and hold us accountable on that day

2) Mankind- Romans 3-23. “all have sinned and fall short the glory of God”.

Because Adam sinned in the garden man became separated from God as Adam was cast out of the garden. Therefore all of us are born sinners and separated as well. Gods wrath in the garden led to love. For God is going to send a savior

3) Christ- John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
‭‭
God sent his only son as a living sacrifice for our sins. We were made righteous through the death of Jesus (who was righteous) who was a sinless man, by him baring our sinful burden through a very brutal death. Jesus is our conduit to God.

4) Response- We respond to Gods gift by repentance and faith. We are to ask for forgiveness of our sins. Jesus died in our place so we could share Gods kingdom and be saved from his wrath.

We will always be sinners but acknowledging God sent his son Jesus to die for our sins, and after 3 days he rose from the dead as he said he would, you will be saved. How loving a gift from God.

Dear Lord God please bless the reading of your holy word.

AMEN !

Some good college football coming Saturday. And don’t miss this mornings Artemis 1 launch.

Maniacal idiocy.

Monday
September 5, 2022

Gods Wrath Against Sinful Humanity

Romans 1: 18-32 NIV

“The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness,

19) since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.

20) For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21) For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

22) “Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools

23) and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24) Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

25) They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26) Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.

27) In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28) Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

29) They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice.

30) They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents;

31) they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy.

32) Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭1:22-32‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Comments- In Paul’s letters to the Romans he writes of Gods wrath against our sinful desires. Despite being warned, God turns them over to Satan and his evil wickedness. He watches as they make idols of birds, animals and reptiles to worship while rejecting Gods immortal glory. God also allowed them to wallow in sexual impurity and degrade their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie.

And again because of this God gave them over to shameful lust. Men sleeping with men and women with women. The exchanged the natural for the unnatural. Let’s read that again.

“They exchanged the natural for the unnatural”

Homosexuality is unnatural and sinful. Therefore God punished them for their shameful error. And since they rejected God he gave them over to a deprived mind so that they do sin.

The Romans knew better but rejected God anyway. Sound familiar? The message here is clear.

God is calling. Are you listening?

Well football has started and my favorite time of the year Autumn is at hand. The beauty of God will be on display soon in the orange, yellows and red leaves signaling another cycle of life and death has begun. Praise be to God 🙏

I hope this week God willing brings you peace, joy and happiness.

May God bless the reading of his Holy Word

AMEN.

Monday
September 12, 2022

Gods Assurance: His Word

Romans 10:13 NIV
13) for “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved”

Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV
8) For it is by grace you have been saved through faith- and this is not from yourselves, it is a gift from God

Comments- This is where it comes to brass tacks ya’ll. As the Romans scripture describes; Have you accepted Jesus Christ lord and savior and asked him to come into your life? He has the gift of eternal life for those who seek him.

When we are saved we are born again. Free from the death and bondage that comes with sin. We are now born into a new family. Gods family where the Holy Spirit dwells in us. This is our regeneration, a new birth.
———
As I write this temps are dropping to the high 50’s. This time of year the weather in my part of TN is like a box of chocolates. The tobacco barns are firing and the hollows are filled with smoke that just hugs along the creeks and branches. Foggy bottom look. And the smell of the dark fire tobacco curing, reminds me of my youth.

Have a great week and give a nod or a smile to a stranger. It’s good for the soul 👍

Monday
September 19, 2022

Jesus Raises Lazarus From the Dead

John 11:41-44 NIV

41. So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, "Father, I thank that you have heard me.

42. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may know that you sent me"

43. We he said this, Jesus called out in a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out!"

44. The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, 'Take off the grave clothes and let him go."

Comments- Lazarus and his sisters, Martha and Mary lived in the town of Bethany. Mary is the one who poured fine perfume on the Lord and wiped his feet with her hair (John 12:3)
His disciples asked why Jesus would want to return there as the last time the Jews tried to stone hm. Jesus said

"Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep, but I am going there to wake him up" (John 11:11)

Jesus disciples were confused and asked Jesus if he sleeps he will get better. They thought Jesus meant natural death, not spiritual.

"So then he told them plainly, Lazarus was dead" (John 11:14)

Once Jesus arrived in Bethany he found Lazarus had already been dead 4 days. Bethany was 2 miles from Jerusalem so many Jews had come out to Mary and Martha's house to mourn their loss of Lazarus. When they heard Jesus was there Martha went out to greet him and Mary stayed at home. She said to Jesus if you had been here my brother would not have died.

"Jesus said to her, your brother will rise again" (John 11:23)

But Martha thought Jesus was talking of her brothers resurrection on the last day.

" Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?" (John 11:25-26)

And Martha replied Lord "Yes I believe"

Martha went back to her sister Mary and told her "The Teacher is here" So Mary jumped up and all the Jews as well followed her as they thought with the haste she made that she was going to the tomb to mourn. Now Jesus was still out at the edge of town where he encountered Martha. When Mary saw Jesus she fell at his feet and cried out "Lord if you had been here my brother would not have died.". Jesus asked Mary.

"Where have you laid him, he asked (John 11:34)

Jesus wept (John 11:35)

When they arrived at the tomb Jesus was deeply grieved

Jesus, once more deeply moved, came to the tomb. It was a cave with a stone laid across the entrance.

"Take away the stone", he said (John 11:39)

Martha told Jesus she was worried the odor after 4 days would be oppressive

Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?" (John 11:40)

After all this had passed the Jews who witnessed what happened left. Some of them came to believe after what they saw. Yet others went to the Pharisees and told them what Jesus had done. The priest and pharisees called a meeting and they began their plot to kill Jesus.

This story points to the power of God and also includes a crucial message in the overall Gospel. For those who believe will never die. That brings me great comfort.

As always, have a great week and count the blessing God gives you every day.

May the Lord God bless the reading of his HOLY WORD AMEN 🙏

Back
Top Bottom