• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

VySky's Weekly Devotional

Very True re: the Samaritan. Hopefully you read the opening post of this thread when Jesus met the Samaritan woman at the well
Yes, I know the story.

Monday
February 13, 2023

The Potter and the Clay

Jeremiah 18:1-11

18 The word which came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying:

2) “Arise and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause you to hear My words.”

3) Then I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, making something at the wheel.

4) And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make.

5) Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying:

6) “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?” says the Lord. “Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel!

7) The instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, to pull down, and to destroy it,

8) if that nation against whom I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I thought to bring upon it.

9) And the instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it,

10) if it does evil in My sight so that it does not obey My voice, then I will relent concerning the good with which I said I would benefit it.

11) “Now therefore, speak to the men of Judah and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord: “Behold, I am fashioning a disaster and devising a plan against you. Return now every one from his evil way, and make your ways and your doings good.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments- In this story God is using the potter and his work as an illustration to Israel.

In v1-2 we see that God sent his prophet to the potters house so he can speak to him while Jeremiah watched the potter.

In v3-4 Jeremiah arrives at the potters house and there he sees that the clay the potter was working at the wheel didn't look like much. But the potter started to make another vessel (Israel) into his liking as it seemed good.

Verses 6-7 God shows us that Israel is the clay and Gods hands are that of the potter. God warns Jeremiah that when he makes what appears to render a final verdict on Israel he still gives them an out.

v8 God tells us just that. If Israel turns from their wicked ways God will relent.

In v9-10 we read the flip side of the previous 2 verses. And that is what God will do to a nation he builds and plants if they fall away from him, and do not turn from their wickedness, God will relent the benefit he has bestowed upon them.

And finally, in v11 God sums it up for Jeremiah and Judah by telling them to listen up. That he is devising a plan of disaster for them. Think about that! God gives them the warning, turn from your wicked ways or it will not end well for you. Sound familiar?

In closing. One could argue America is much like the old Israel as surveys and studies show Christianity is waining. God blessed America (benefit) but as we read above, he can quickly remove it. Is that what is happening now?

Just like that he can take away but there's still time for all Nations to REPENT

God please bless this reading of your Holy Word !

Last edited:
Monday
February 20, 2023

Serving for God's Glory

1 Peter 4:10-11

10) God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.

11) Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you.
Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies.
Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever!
Amen.

-----------------------------------------------------

Comments- This morning when I asked the Lord for help guiding me to a topic that would give him the Glory and praise, I thought of gifts. Most people like receiving gifts. But its even more special when they are spiritual gifts from God himself.

Scripture reads that each and everyone of us has a 'spiritual gift from God and we are to use them to serve others. Some of those gifts are encouragement, teaching, prophesying, serving, and leading. When we use our gifts we are glorifying God. We will be challenged when using our gifts. For where good dwells evil will hunt. But God has instructed us to power through and to use all our strength and power to persevere with the strength he provides.

God has given me the spiritual gift of serving. Need help moving? I'm your guy. The grass needs cut at church? That's me on the zero-turn. There is always something to be done, or someone needing a hand.

So what is your spiritual gift?

Enjoy the week everyone

Dear Lord God, please bless the reading of your Holy Word

AMEN! 🙏

Monday
February 27, 2023

Job 1: 1-22 NIV

1) In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job. This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil.

2) He had seven sons and three daughters,

3) and he owned seven thousand sheep, three thousand camels, five hundred yoke of oxen and five hundred donkeys, and had a large number of servants.He was the greatest man among all the people of the East.

4) His sons used to hold feasts in their homes on their birthdays, and they would invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them.

5) When a period of feasting had run its course, Job would make arrangements for them to be purified. Early in the morning he would sacrifice a burnt offering for each of them, thinking, “Perhaps my children have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.” This was Job’s regular custom.

6) One day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them.

7) The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?” Satan answered the Lord, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”

8) Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”

9) “Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied.

10) “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land.

11) But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”

12) The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”
Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.

13) One day when Job’s sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother’s house,

14) a messenger came to Job and said, “The oxen were plowing and the donkeys were grazing nearby,

15) and the Sabeans attacked and made off with them. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”

16) While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, “The fire of God fell from the heavens and burned up the sheep and the servants, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”

17) While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, “The Chaldeans formed three raiding parties and swept down on your camels and made off with them. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”

18) While he was still speaking, yet another messenger came and said, “Your sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother’s house,

19) when suddenly a mighty wind swept in from the desert and struck the four corners of the house. It collapsed on them and they are dead, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”

20) At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship

21) and said:

“Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
and naked I will depart.
The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away;
may the name of the Lord be praised.”

22) In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.

end part 1 due to text limit

Last edited:
Monday
February 27, 2023
-ctd

Comments- Job faced the ultimate test. His trials were horrible, but in end he was blessed beyond measure for his steadfastness.

Many point to the book of Job as being the oldest book in the Bible. Job was a God fearing man. In v1 he is described as "blameless and upright" a man of God. He had a loving family, livestock and life was good. V3-4 we see the kids liked to throw parties. Job would wake in the morning and provide sin offerings 'just in case' the kids had done something sinful as it was Job's usual custom. Then in v6 we see the Angels came to visit the Lord and somehow drug Satan along with them. I still have to think about that one over and over and I realize. Yea, God is in control, even that old dog Satan. The Lord ask Satan straight up, "Where have you come from"? And of course Satan told the Lord he has essentially been out doing his thing. Seeking death and destruction. In v8 God asked Satan if he has thought about his loyal servant Job. He's a man that resist you. Then in v9-10 Satan tells the Lord that you have made Job wealthy but does Job fear God for nothing? You have put a hedge of protection around him that has protected him from me. So Satan challenges God. v11 Satan ask God basically to 'show me is better than 1,000 tell me's'. Raise your hand and strike everything he has and surely he will curse you to your face. Now get this. God didn't strike Job but he allowed Satan to do it. v12 God lifted the hedge of protection around Job so Satan could destroy his life. Satan was confident he could make Job turn on God. But God had one stipulation, "on the man himself do not lay a finger" So off Satan went. V14 starts the bad news. First he lost his oxen and donkey's to raiders. Messengers, kept coming with more bad news that his camels were stolen and his servants put to the sword. But the hardest one to imagine is the messenger that survived and brought the bad news about Job's family. They were dead. Dead at the hand of Satan and God allowed it to happen. Scripture teaches us that we will face trials and tribulations. Its expected. Some may be as harsh as those suffered by Job and that is when we have to really dig deep to hold the line like Job did. After having his family killed by Satan he did not turn on his God like Satan was confident he would do.

v 21 "the Lord gave and he Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised".

May God please bless the reading of your Holy Word

AMEN

Have a great week everyone!

Monday
March 6, 2023

Joshua Installed as Leader

Joshua 1:9 NLT

9) This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

------------------------

Comments- Every time I start worrying about something I go to scripture to seek comfort. Joshua was a man of God put in place to lead Israel after Moses death. He will be the one to lead them across the Jordan. In v9 God reminds us to not be afraid as he is with us wherever we go.We must put our trust in God and by faith we know he will do just as he says he will. We are not required to prove that he can. We just have to believe he will. So when life challenges which we call trials arise, lean on God. Remember, he is there for us night and day, 24/7.

Seek him, call out his name.

He will hear you

Psalm 3:4
4) I cried to the Lord with my voice,
And He heard me from His holy hill. Selah

May God bless the reading of his Holy word!

AMEN
🙏

Enjoy your week DP'ers

Monday
March 13, 2023

2 Corinthians:6-10 NKJV

The Thorn in the Flesh​

7) And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to [b]buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.

8) Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.

9) And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10) Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

===================================

Comments- While I used to think of this story was about Paul being afflicted with an illness, my further study revealed that actually the messenger (v7 the thorn in my flesh) was of Satan. A demonized angel.

Just previously Paul was caught up into the 3rd Heaven so he had much to boast about, but he didn't . At the time false apostles were destroying the church of Corinth. Perhaps this demon was the leader of the false apostles thus giving more pain to Paul than just seeing havoc brought on the church in Corinth.

In v8 Paul said he pleaded to Jesus 3 times to have this thorn/demon/thing removed from him and his church. But in v9 Jesus denies Paul's request. Jesus was allowing Satan to wreak havoc on the church to humble Paul. Like Job, God allowed Satan to test and humble his servant. Paul needed brought back down to earth so to speak. Jesus told him "My grace is sufficient for you" While God didn't remove it he continued to grace Paul so he could endure it. In this I also think of sickness and how we are to be strong for God while our bodies are weak. For when we do this we are showing the true power of our mighty God that others will see.

May God bless the reading of his Holy Word!

AMEN
🙏

Monday
March 20, 2023

Isaiah 40:31 NKJV

Gods People Are Comforted

31) But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

===========================================================

Comments- This scripture follows in line with last weeks post concerning Paul's suffering with the thorn in his flesh. We are to wait on the Lord. During our times of trial in life we find ourselves blessed with the strength given to us by God to endure, seeking comfort through prayer. The book of James tells us

5:14- Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.

God please bless the reading of your Holy and Mighty word!

AMEN !!!

God Bless you all

Monday
March 27, 2023

Joshua 1:9 NIV

Joshua Installed as Leader

9) Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

====================

Comments- As a follow on to last weeks message about waiting on the Lord we find in this passage God's command to stand strong in the face of adversity. We are not to be afraid. We are to have courage and put all our faith in the Lord.

What comfort to know that no matter how of a bad mood the boss is in, we know that God has our back. Perhaps like that big decision coming up. I mean those kind that only come around a handful of times in life? God is with you. He will be the lamp lighting your path.

Wait and trust in the Lord

AMEN!

May God please bless the reading of your Holy Word.

*Please say a prayer for the victims of the Mississippi tornado

R.7b9b9770c2d7496312fea8f213c14a80

Monday
April 2, 2023

Matthew 10:32-33

32) “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.

33) But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

=================

1 John 2:22-23

22) Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

23) No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

=================

Mark 8:38

38) If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.”

=================

Luke 3:18

18) Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

=================

Comments- After you have read the above versus take a minute and ask yourself, 'Is that me'? Have you heard the word of God (The Gospel) and rejected it? In Matthew we are reminded that God will have nothing to do with those who deny Christ in the presence of others. The concept of the Anti-Christ for some is hard to define but in the versus of 1 John we see the anti-christ God tells us is a liar because they deny Christ. But look at the comfort Luke 3:18 from above gives us.

We are all condemned at birth. Born cold stone dead spiritually separated from God but the minute we believe and receive the Holy Spirit we are no longer condemned but those who deny God are condemned for eternity. I don't know about you but the gnashing of teeth and weeping for eternity in the Lake of Fire sounds like a really good deterrent and that's all while God is drawing us in.

Have ears to hear God calling you. Yes, its him to be the Glory!

God please bless the reading of your Holy Word

AMEN 🙏

Another beautiful time of the year here in Tennessee. I have our new garden spot (rotate every 5 years) turned up and hope to run the disc over it some before the next rains. Plant the Monday after Mothers Day.

Have a productive and enjoyable week everyone!

Sunday
April 9. 2023

Luke 24:1-8

JEUSUS HAS RISEN NIV

24) On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb.

2) They found the stone rolled away from the tomb,

3) but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.

4) While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them.

5) In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead?

6) He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee:

7) ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ” 8 Then they remembered his words.

==============================

Comments- Its been almost a year now since I started this blog. My goal was to complete one year of devotionals delivered on Monday morning every week. God has given me the motivation to complete the assignment. But for today I want to deliver the message a day early. Well, it is the day Jesus rose from the dead just as he said he would and was prophesized in the Old Testament

So it was as Jesus predicted multiple times to his disciples, how he must be turned over to sinners to be crucified where he would rise from the dead in 3 days. Interesting as Mary who was the first at the tomb was the one who had the host of demons that Jesus had cast out. But the takeaway in this story for me has always been (still gives me chicken skin to think about) when Mary saw the 2 men (Angels) who asked Mary

"Why do you seek the living among the dead"?

That sums it up folks. Jesus blood on the cross was let to cover all mankind sins. God gave us his only son so that we may live.

John 3:16- "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"

Hallelujah KING JESUS!

God please bless the reading of your mighty word. 🙏

Monday
April 17, 2023

PSALM 27:14

WAIT FOR THE LORD

4) Wait for the Lord; be strong and

take heart and wait for the Lord.

==========================

Comments- No less than 39 versus about "Waiting for the Lord". That is an important message. Sometimes in life we want things to happen on our schedule. That big job is coming open in future but we want to know now. Or we pray and pray but it feels as if God is not hearing us. We are to be patient, waiting. Our real test comes in the trials of sickness. God is going to heal some of us, we just have to suffer, albeit not as painfully as Jesus did on the Cross, but suffer nonetheless until on his timing we are healed or called home to Glory. Wait for it as we say today during funny videos and such is how I look for answers in life. Just wait. Be patient.

Through sickness and health trust and 'Wait on the Lord'.

Isaiah 64:4 NIV

4) Since ancient times no one has heard,

no ear has perceived,

no eye has seen any God besides you,

who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.

Dear Father God bless this reading of your Holy WORD! AMEN! 🙏

Monday
April 24, 2023

Deuteronomy 22:5 NIV

5) A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this.

=======================

Comments- Not much can be added to the above verse. God is telling us here that man and woman should not wear the others clothing. We see a trend in America were God's word is being dispatched for that of a lie.
Repent an accept Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior. For he has a mansion with many rooms that he is preparing for you.

Lord God, Jesus, please bless the reading of your Holy word.

God bless you all AMEN!

Monday
April 24, 2023

Deuteronomy 22:5 NIV​

5) A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this.

=======================

Comments- Not much can be added to the above verse. God is telling us here that man and woman should not wear the others clothing. We see a trend in America were God's word is being dispatched for that of a lie.
Repent an accept Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior. For he has a mansion with many rooms that he is preparing for you.

Lord God, Jesus, please bless the reading of your Holy word.

God bless you all AMEN!
A trans women is a woman, a trans man is a man

Back
Top Bottom