• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Voters in North Carolina have received ballot request forms in the mail with Trump's face on them

Fine.

What's confusing is what Trump and the GOP think of vote by mail. It's the path of Voter Fraud, says Trump. Now he wants Republicans to go the path of Voter Fraud.

^^^^^

Thinking someone violated something here...………………...

Only if you're referring to democrats and the shenanigans they pull ...

"... A misunderstanding of Virginia’s independent cities and counties apparently led a nonprofit voter registration group to mail 587,638 absentee ballot applications to Virginia voters that asked them to send the ballot back to the wrong election office. ...

The mass mailing, which involved more than 2.2 million pre-filled absentee ballot applications statewide, sowed confusion for many voters and local election officials, who quickly sought to inform voters it was not coming from an official government source. ...

The Center for Voter Information bills itself as nonpartisan, but a job posting lists the organization as a “progressive” group that focuses on what it calls the rising American electorate, or “unmarried women, people of color and young people.” Lopach is a former advisor to Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, a Democrat."

Nonprofit mails 587,638 erroneous absentee ballot applications to Virginia voters

Well, of course! We should all have a picture of him displayed prominently in our living rooms! Right above our copy of “The Art of the Deal”.

After this election it will likely be mandatory by law.....

Drumpf is obviously a fascist dictator

Even a broken clock is right twice a day; sadly that's probably your sum total of truthful statements for the year.... :lamo :cool:

You really do have to question if we are all hallucinating, given all the nonsense about this subject and it turns out President OrangeGlow just wanted his picture printed on them.

Am I the only one who has a huge problem with Trump campaign advertising on a voting ballot?

Only if you're referring to democrats and the shenanigans they pull ...

"... A misunderstanding of Virginia’s independent cities and counties apparently led a nonprofit voter registration group to mail 587,638 absentee ballot applications to Virginia voters that asked them to send the ballot back to the wrong election office. ...

The mass mailing, which involved more than 2.2 million pre-filled absentee ballot applications statewide, sowed confusion for many voters and local election officials, who quickly sought to inform voters it was not coming from an official government source. ...

The Center for Voter Information bills itself as nonpartisan, but a job posting lists the organization as a “progressive” group that focuses on what it calls the rising American electorate, or “unmarried women, people of color and young people.” Lopach is a former advisor to Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, a Democrat."

Nonprofit mails 587,638 erroneous absentee ballot applications to Virginia voters

According to this article a ballot and an absentee ballot application are one and the same.

Am I the only one who has a huge problem with Trump campaign advertising on a voting ballot?

No, you are not.

But I bet we are in the minority.

I'm not much of a fisherman. Not my thing. Well, except for a few bottle-bass back in the day. But brook trout? I'll eat those babies any day! :thumbs:

Probably in your neck of the woods you could but for those in the Smokies, you'd have a hard time of it. A big mountain brookie is a skinny 8 inches or so.... The streams are high up and acidic and so don't support much insect life, so the fish just don't have enough food and so don't grow big. It does make the fish very aggressive since they survive by eating anything that floats by, but you have to do the basics right to catch them. They're also really wary of predators and spook easily.

This is a almost a "trophy" mountain brook trout....

brookinhands.jpg

What is it then?

They are applications for an absentee ballot.

A lot of the discussion about mail in voting is at best confusing. In 5 states they have been sending out actual ballots to registered voters for years. Another 3 or 4 I think so far are going to do that this year - send ballots to registered voters, without a request. In all the other states, you have to apply for a ballot (give a reason in typical years, but with COVID no reason needed in the vast majority of states), and then you get a ballot.

Trump and his cult followers make a bid distinction between getting a ballot versus having to apply for one, but of course it's stupid. If I can apply and get a "ballot" then I'm registered at that address, that name, etc. and so sending me a ballot only after applying for it doesn't offer any additional security. It's all made up nonsense.

Last edited:
They are applications for an absentee ballot.

A lot of the discussion about mail in voting is at best confusing. In 5 states they have been sending out actual ballots to registered voters for years. Another 3 or 4 I think so far are going to do that this year - send ballots to registered voters, without a request. In all the other states, you have to apply for a ballot (give a reason in typical years, but with COVID no reason needed in the vast majority of states), and then you get a ballot.

Trump and his cult followers make a bid distinction between getting a ballot versus having to apply for one, but of course it's stupid. If I can apply and get a "ballot" then I'm registered at that address, that name, etc. and so sending me a ballot ahead of time doesn't offer any additional security. It's all made up nonsense.

I get this, but what I do not get is Trump advertising on them. Do you not see that as wrong?

I get this, but what I do not get is Trump advertising on them. Do you not see that as wrong?

The only problem I have with it is he's so dishonest about mail in voting (says it's the path of "Voter Fraud") when Michigan does it, but then the GOP does it in NC and it's fine and....different!

But there will likely be lots of orgs encouraging mail in ballots by sending out the applications, and every candidate ought to be sending out links at least to the application so people know where to get it. It's a pdf in my state downloadable by anyone, that you print on your computer. It's a blank document with no names, etc. and running off 10,000 copies or a million copies and giving them to people to make the process easier isn't a problem, really. They'll check the application against voter registration lists before sending out ballots.

I hope people apply early. Took us eight days after emailing the application to get a ballot, and that was for a primary with nothing much on it that drew any attention. Mostly local races. I worry that it's going to be MUCH longer for the general in November. So we'll apply (if we can - that's unclear as we speak if we can vote by mail) as soon as they allow it.

Last edited:
The only problem I have with it is he's so dishonest about mail in voting (says it's the path of "Voter Fraud") when Michigan does it, but then the GOP does it in NC and it's fine and....different!

But there will likely be lots of orgs encouraging mail in ballots by sending out the applications, and every candidate ought to be sending out links at least to the application so people know where to get it. It's a pdf in my state downloadable by anyone, that you print on your computer. It's a blank document with no names, etc. and running off 10,000 copies or a million copies and giving them to people to make the process easier isn't a problem, really.

Trump is campaigning using official Government documentation -- paid by the US tax dollar. Anything to do with the official election sent by the government should not have any-type of advertising for any candidate, no? To me, it's completely absurd!

Trump is campaigning using official Government documentation -- paid by the US tax dollar. Anything to do with the official election sent by the government should not have any-type of advertising for any candidate, no? To me, it's completely absurd!

Actually I think that mailer was sent out by the NC GOP, and I assume paid for by them.

Bottom line is I expect and hope really that Democratic organizations do a good job of GOTV, and this year that will mean doing everything they can to get people to vote by mail in the key states. That might include mailing out absentee ballot applications to their targeted voters, and that will be fine. Maybe some people don't have a printer at home, and so getting a ballot means 1) requesting an application for a ballot by mail 2) Mail it back to the elections people, 3) the elections people mail a ballot to that voter, 4) the voter mails the completed ballot it back to the elections people. That's 4 steps, all by mail. Sending out the applications cuts off two of them. That's a good thing, especially if there's a problem at any of those steps.

Trump had nothing to do with it. These were applications for absentee ballots sent out by a 3rd party.

Bottom line is I expect and hope really that Democratic organizations do a good job of GOTV, and this year that will mean doing everything they can to get people to vote by mail in the key states. That might include mailing out absentee ballot applications to their targeted voters, and that will be fine. Maybe some people don't have a printer at home, and so getting a ballot means 1) requesting an application for a ballot by mail 2) Mail it back to the elections people, 3) the elections people mail a ballot to that voter, 4) the voter mails the completed ballot it back to the elections people. That's 4 steps, all by mail. Sending out the applications cuts off two of them. That's a good thing, especially if there's a problem at any of those steps.
Whether you are R or D, these are definitely "use at your own risk." People need to doublecheck any and all information that has been filled out for them. There is certainly a history of these 3rd party senders screwing things up and people not receiving their ballots and/or having to resubmit.

Probably in your neck of the woods you could but for those in the Smokies, you'd have a hard time of it. A big mountain brookie is a skinny 8 inches or so.... The streams are high up and acidic and so don't support much insect life, so the fish just don't have enough food and so don't grow big. It does make the fish very aggressive since they survive by eating anything that floats by, but you have to do the basics right to catch them. They're also really wary of predators and spook easily.

This is a almost a "trophy" mountain brook trout....

View attachment 67291726
I must admit that little fellow is a bit of a skinflint. But then around here, we grow-up snagging minnows! And yep. We eat 'em! Right out of the water. Nothing to filet or skin.

But as to trout, they're delicious stuffed with a crabmeat-breadcrumb mixture, and gently baked.

If it's done by a state led by a Democratic governor he doesn't like, it's the path of Voter Fraud!!

View attachment 67291696

Of course if his campaign does it, it's fine!

FWIW, in case anyone doesn't know, Trump was lying about Michigan sending out "absentee ballots." Shocking, I know! What Michigan mailed were exactly what his campaign is mailing which is the form to request a ballot.
If our Governor were to send these out, he would be up in arms about it. Heck, I think our Governor should send official ones out to every single registered voter rather than just those in the Republican Party.

Me? I'm voting in person, with a mask right down the block to ensure my vote counts.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom