• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Vote for the Nicest

Who si the nicest that you have talked to?

• CaptainCourtesy

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Fantasea

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Mr. D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CoffeeSaint

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Stace

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Tashah

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters
I appreciate the votes, folks, but there's no way I beat the Captain of Courtesy in a niceness poll. I mean, come on: my avatar is a hell-spawned demon from the farthest reaches of space, whose very aspect is enough to melt your brain into goo. Into GOO!!! How nice can I possibly be?

Oh yeah, and I've been mean to doughgirl and Goobieman. And talloulou. And Rogue. And AmericanPatriot29. And NavyPride. And Jerry. I think that's it.

There will be others on that list.:mrgreen:

This poll is a Liberal love fest.Nothing more, nothing less..........

You're a mean one...Mister Grinch. :mrgreen:

C'mon Navy, it's the Christmas season. Show a little love to your fellow man. Purely heterosexual love, of course. :2wave:

You're a mean one...Mister Grinch. :mrgreen:

C'mon Navy, it's the Christmas season. Show a little love to your fellow man. Purely heterosexual love, of course. :2wave:

OK kelzie........Merry Christmas.....;)

She doesn't post much, but she's definitely anti abortion.

With all respect Stace that is only one issue..It takes more then that to be a Conservative.....

With all respect Stace that is only one issue..It takes more then that to be a Conservative.....

Well, her profile says she's Republican....beyond that, go find some of her posts yourself.

Well, her profile says she's Republican....beyond that, go find some of her posts yourself.

So is Lincoln Chaffee one of the biggest liberals there are.......

Well, I CREATED the thread Navy Pride, and I am a conservative.

Captain Courtesy
I concur 100%. Remebering this is a great way for threads to not turn into personal attacks and stay out of the Basement.

Yes. I agree as well. But after a certain point. When a person is a flat out A-Hole for no reason, especially if a person has made a sincere attempt to come to a balance or understanding, then I choose to take it there, as I Chose to take that last one there. I am fine with the Basement, if the thread gets sent there. They are not nice at their core and not worthy of respect. I say what I say and what I say is accurate about them. I take trash to the Basement. There have been only three people that qualify as to this comment though, and you were witness to one.

I have found that all but those three have been able to at least move on past the ridiculousness of the insults... those that can are the ones that I admire. It takes courage to open oneself up to potential threat, real, imagined, or just words.

Last edited:
Nice is overrated. I try to be nice when I'm dealing with someone I consider to be nice. I give respect when I believe I'm receiving it. But some people just need to be told off and when that time comes I'm happy to do it and when I'm doing it just feels soooooooooooo

nice! :mrgreen:

[B said:
BodiSatva;451781]Well, I CREATED the thread Navy Pride, and I am a conservative.[/B]

Yes. I agree as well. But after a certain point. When a person is a flat out A-Hole for no reason, especially if a person has made a sincere attempt to come to a balance or understanding, then I choose to take it there, as I Chose to take that last one there. I am fine with the Basement, if the thread gets sent there. They are not nice at their core and not worthy of respect. I say what I say and what I say is accurate about them. I take trash to the Basement. There have been only three people that qualify as to this comment though, and you were witness to one.

I have found that all but those three have been able to at least move on past the ridiculousness of the insults... those that can are the ones that I admire. It takes courage to open oneself up to potential threat, real, imagined, or just words.

So where are the Conservative nice people like Deegan, Stinger, Proud American, Aquapub, Gunny, Vauge etc?:confused:

Leave it to you, NavyPride, to try to turn a thread focusing on nice people into partisan foolishness. No wonder you're not on this poll, but are on another. ;)

Leave it to you, NavyPride, to try to turn a thread focusing on nice people into partisan foolishness. No wonder you're not on this poll, but are on another. ;)

I love being on the other one....I just hope I can hold my lead........I need your vote........;)

Well, I CREATED the thread Navy Pride, and I am a conservative.

Excellent point.

My feeling is if a debate has good points and is going somewhere, to try to keep it out of the Basement for two reasons. Firstly, in the Basement, good, intelligent debate is often forsaken for flat out insulting, and the topic at hand is totally forgotten. Secondly, I'm not into insulting, anymore...nothing against others doing it, but I enjoy a topical witty debate much better.

Also, yes, I was witness to one of the people you are speaking about. I moved that thread for several reasons, not only because of you.

Agreed, and that is what I like about vigorous debating, also. Opening up oneself to the possiblity of being wrong, admitting it, and moving on, and the possiblity of fighting for one's beliefs.

I love being on the other one....I just hope I can hold my lead........I need your vote........;)

Sorry, I don't post in the Basement. But if I did, you wouldn't get my vote. Though we disagree, a lot, you have several redeeming qualities that I admire (your comments in the Pearl Harbor thread, for example). That, in iself would prevent me from voting for you. :2wave:

Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy
I'm not into insulting, anymore...nothing against others doing it, but I enjoy a topical witty debate much better.

This is a place that I want to get to, that I can get to, but I am just not quite ready yet...but I think that after galenrox... then Paladin... and then 1069, I am over the pettiness that they just can't let go of. I am borderline with nort right now, and I jsut want to move on and not go there...

Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy
Agreed, and that is what I like about vigorous debating, also. Opening up oneself to the possiblity of being wrong, admitting it, and moving on, and the possiblity of fighting for one's beliefs

Good point. It is wise to open yourself to your own flaws and/or ignorance, as well as your fears.

Originally Posted by talloulou
Nice is overrated. I try to be nice when I'm dealing with someone I consider to be nice. I give respect when I believe I'm receiving it. But some people just need to be told off and when that time comes I'm happy to do it and when I'm doing it just feels soooooooooooo

Yes.... Exactly. I am trying to recognize those that are not nice faster and then just move on. It bogs me down wasting time with the game. But, yes, it does also feel good. I will never get tired of telling a person off, I am just striving to do it more articulately and with less venom, at least on this site. In RL, I am kind to just about everybody. I get along with the most random people that others dismiss...it is kinda funny.

NavyPride

Some of those are nice, but not pure nice as much as just super polite. I don't feel the innate niceness oozing out of them as I do with some of those that I have listed. That is just me though.

This is a place that I want to get to, that I can get to, but I am just not quite ready yet...but I think that after galenrox... then Paladin... and then 1069, I am over the pettiness that they just can't let go of. I am borderline with nort right now, and I jsut want to move on and not go there...

Yup, saw all of those. And I get your point about 'moving on'. I tend to look at it like this: sometimes discretion is the better part of valor. If someone wants to continue being a jerk, after I feel like things have been resolved appropriately, then they can be a jerk by themselves. I have too many important things in my life to get bogged down in petty anger.

Good point. It is wise to open yourself to your own flaws and/or ignorance, as well as your fears.

Thank you.

Yes.... Exactly. I am trying to recognize those that are not nice faster and then just move on. It bogs me down wasting time with the game. But, yes, it does also feel good. I will never get tired of telling a person off, I am just striving to do it more articulately and with less venom, at least on this site. In RL, I am kind to just about everybody. I get along with the most random people that others dismiss...it is kinda funny.

Believe me, Bodi, certainly took me some time to learn the skill in bold...and I sometimes feel I'm still learning.

NavyPride
Some of those are nice, but not pure nice as much as just super polite. I don't feel the innate niceness oozing out of them as I do with some of those that I have listed. That is just me though.

I agree. Vauge, Gunny, and RightatNYU are three conservatives that I think are nice.

I agree. Vauge, Gunny, and RightatNYU are three conservatives that I think are nice.
Gunny is not conservative, as far as I know.

Is it difficult to name three nice conservatives?

Gunny is not conservative, as far as I know.

You could be right. I wonder how (and if) he would classify himself.

Is it difficult to name three nice conservatives?

Anyone else you can think of Volker?:thinking

Back
Top Bottom