• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Vote for the Nicest

Who si the nicest that you have talked to?

• CaptainCourtesy

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Fantasea

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Mr. D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CoffeeSaint

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Stace

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Tashah

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters

BodiSatva

The Bodhisattva
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
There is such a focus on the Negative, in general. I thought that it would be nice to acknowledge those that we feel are nice or pleasant to engage with here at DP. This list is just my list, off the top of my head, but please feel free to write in any that you feel that I missed. I made it a type of contest…most votes and such, but this is about recognizing people more than anything.

Uh...........excuse me! But............

Yeah...that

From Hatuey...

You're nice. Want to destroy the sanctity of marriage and have a gay wedding over the internet? Two birds with 1 stone.

But seriously folks.

I think I like hearing what that Jarhead GyStgr or however his name is spelled has to say on international matter. Wether or not I agree with him is a different story but it's always nice to find common sence on the internet.

There is such a focus on the Negative, in general. I thought that it would be nice to acknowledge those that we feel are nice or pleasant to engage with here at DP. This list is just my list, off the top of my head, but please feel free to write in any that you feel that I missed. I made it a type of contest…most votes and such, but this is about recognizing people more than anything.

You're nice. Want to destroy the sanctity of marriage and have a gay wedding over the internet? Two birds with 1 stone.

But seriously folks.

I think I like hearing what that Jarhead GyStgr or however his name is spelled has to say on international matter. Wether or not I agree with him is a different story but it's always nice to find common sence on the internet.

PS : Long Live Copy & Paste. Damn you beat me to it.

There you go...

From Spook

I would have to say CoffeeSaint because I like how he is always able to express his thoughts clearly and willing to try and understand the oppositions argument.

I would have to say CoffeeSaint because I like how he is always able to express his thoughts clearly and willing to try and understand the oppositions argument.

Why wasnt ptdskid on the list of names?

Errrr, you're a quick one!

Last edited:
tr1414 always had a pleasant demeanor.

I vote for CaptainCourtesy, he has a nickname that fits him pretty well.
He makes good points without resorting to personal attacks.

Mr. D has good manners and good ideas, too.

I voted CoffeeSaint, his calm tone combined with his capacity for logic and recognising fallacies makes him one pleasantly capable debator. I just cant wait until I disagree with him on something...:devil:

I vote for mixedmedia. Perfect combination of naughty and nice. :twisted:

I voted for CaptainCourtesy but Stance was a very close runner up... CC is just too cool to miss an oportunity to understand where you are coming from as I learned in Off Topic thread when he challenged my reported treatment of a mom who double parked blocking me in... He saw right through me! Then there is Stance who didn't explode yesterday when any normal person would...

In a forum with over 500 active members, it is unfair to single out such a small list. I think the majority of folks here are nice, and very few aren't. It would not be right for me to pit one above the rest in such a great place,

A true Politician.

I think that noting others in this way is fine though.

I voted for Stace, but I would like to add a few to the list as write ins. mixedmedia, Kelzie, star2589, calm2chaos. Just a few there.

Umm....

Okay, I voted for my old lady :2razz:

But it appears that more people think CaptainCourtesy LORD OF THE LOGICAL FALLACY! is nice.

The Captain takes this one. He amazes me with his ability to debate with such a nice, well thought out, logical approach. Unlike the rest of us heathens.

Though CoffeeSaint is my kind of guy, well spoken, logical and only throws in sarcasm when needed.

Hmph. Everyone's forgetting about me now that I can't type as often....very hard to type when you have a baby that's practically permanently attached to you!

But, I do feel honored to have been included. Thanks, Bodi! :2wave:

His honor, the Warden teacher, of the colossal brain..

I could care less about political niceties and linguistic courtesy...such only exist to arrest the reader’s apprehensions and self doubts, IMO. I care about being entertained, about knowing where I stand, about thought provoking theories and ideas...teacher is a perpetual fountain of entertainment, which is "nice".

I vote for mixedmedia. Perfect combination of naughty and nice. :twisted:

That is very true...

But I want to know why I'm not on the list..
I'm nice........sometimes...

That is very true...

But I want to know why I'm not on the list..
I'm nice........sometimes...

It could be that, although nice, you- like 99.3% of your fellow forum members- are too much of a nonentity in Bodisatva's opinion to qualify for his poll.
At least Saint Coffee merited honorable mention; what else matters, really?

I don't even pretend to be nice anymore. That said, I find this a very difficult choice. Stace is so sweet that you can't help but like her. The captain is so polite and reasonable that it's actually hard to disagree with him (though I rarely do). Tashah is so eloquent and well-spoken she has always been one of my heroes. However, I think I am going to have to vote for fantasea. Fantasea was the first person I ever engaged here at DP and I have always enjoyed our intellectual sparring matches. Fantasea and I agree on practically nothing, but we have always had a mutual respect and the most interesting interactions.

Mixedmedia gets my vote. Stace and Kelzie as well.

Well if Kelzie were on the list I would have to vote for her, hands down. She calls me "poodle". It makes me giggle. :2wave:

Well if Kelzie were on the list I would have to vote for her, hands down. She calls me "poodle". It makes me giggle. :2wave:

Hmph. I'm not calling you gummy gummy gum drop anymore.

Back
Top Bottom