• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Vote extended....

Middleground said:
Well gosh-golly-geez-darn, why was I not aware of this brilliant feature, LOL?

How does one administer the very useful ignore feature?

Go to his profile, there should be two options at the top, to either add him as a buddy or to ignore him.

The only reason I don't ignore him is 'cause I at least get a good laugh out of his posts :2razz:

Caine said:
Okay... take everything I say exactly as it is......
It is contributing to the massive debt .....
Okay? are you friggin' happy now????

If the $100B/yr we spent in Iraq is "contributing to the massive debt" -- whats the $1300B/yr we're spending on Federal Welfare programs doing?

KCConservative said:
The Bush haters won't touch this thread. A successful election in Iraq shoots down all of their lies and rhetoric.
I think the only hater that I see in this thread is you! Unprovoked you've attacked people who don't even exist! Amazing!

To conclude and then write that people want the vote in Iraq to fail is pathetic. Bush has already been directly involved in the death of 2150 American soldiers and according to him, more than 30,000 Iraqis and these deaths cannot be for nothing despite the war being started on falsehoods. Since we're now there and we want to get the hell out of there the best way to get out is to empower the Iraqis to cover their own backs and decide for themselves the direction of their country.

Anything that reduces the violence in Iraq is a positive.

So you know what KC? I'm a "Bush Hater" and I pray to God that we're successful in Iraq...that makes you the hater of Americans...how nasty are you, anyway?

Navy Pride said:
This is a great victory for the Iraqi people and democracy in the middle east and President Bush and a crushing defeat for people in this country who want us to fail in Iraq for partisan political reasons..........
Great "victory"? You don't even know the results of the election! What it is is a positive step forward, but in no way is anything guaranteed.

What happens if the elected majority turns Iraq into Iran Navy Pride? What will your posts say then?

Instead of writing posts that have no facts in them how about you stop making everything us vs. them and simply take things one day at a time? :confused: :doh

Caine said:
This is why he has now earned my ignore click twice........

He never contributes anything actually worthy of debating on.
You know how NP likes to write that Howard Dean is the "best advocate" for the Republican Party due to his dumb remarks...NP is DP's Howard Dean!

:2funny: :2rofll: :sword: :sword:

26 X World Champs said:
I think the only hater that I see in this thread is you! Unprovoked you've attacked people who don't even exist! Amazing!

To conclude and then write that people want the vote in Iraq to fail is pathetic. Bush has already been directly involved in the death of 2150 American soldiers and according to him, more than 30,000 Iraqis and these deaths cannot be for nothing despite the war being started on falsehoods. Since we're now there and we want to get the hell out of there the best way to get out is to empower the Iraqis to cover their own backs and decide for themselves the direction of their country.

Anything that reduces the violence in Iraq is a positive.

So you know what KC? I'm a "Bush Hater" and I pray to God that we're successful in Iraq...that makes you the hater of Americans...how nasty are you, anyway?

and I pray to God that we're successful in Iraq...

Sure you do...:roll: and I want the "Ice Princess Hillary " elected prez......ROTFLMMFAO........:roll:

M14 Shooter said:
If the $100B/yr we spent in Iraq is "contributing to the massive debt" -- whats the $1300B/yr we're spending on Federal Welfare programs doing?

Contributing to the massive debt......

Let me guess. you were going to assume I say something else????

At least the welfare program is helping those who are not abusing it.
Im on unemployment right now because I got out of the military and I'm waiting for the Police Academy's next class to start next month, so that I can afford my bills and such until then... Im collecting unemployment, since it will actually pay my bills as opposed to getting a min wage job until then (nobody else will hire someone for just a month or so).

So, at least welfare is helping the people of America... not the people of Iraq, where everyone can agree the war (officially anyways) had "good intentions", but the decision to go in the first place turned out to be a series of mistakes that we are trying to correct.

26 X World Champs said:
Great "victory"? You don't even know the results of the election! What it is is a positive step forward, but in no way is anything guaranteed.

What happens if the elected majority turns Iraq into Iran Navy Pride? What will your posts say then?

Instead of writing posts that have no facts in them how about you stop making everything us vs. them and simply take things one day at a time? :confused: :doh

For the U.S. to be successful in Iraq is your worse nightmare.....I love it........:lol:

26 X World Champs said:
You know how NP likes to write that Howard Dean is the "best advocate" for the Republican Party due to his dumb remarks...NP is DP's Howard Dean!

:2funny: :2rofll: :sword: :sword:

This is absolutely true.

His purpose here is not to debate politics, but to attempt to belittle people if they don't agree with him..... children do that.. its nothing new.

Caine said:
This is absolutely true.

His purpose here is not to debate politics, but to attempt to belittle people if they don't agree with him..... children do that.. its nothing new.

Why don't you libs get a room for your mutual admiration society.....:lol:

Navy Pride said:
Sure you do...:roll: and I want the "Ice Princess Hillary " elected prez......ROTFLMMFAO........:roll:
So you and KC both HATE AMERICA and AMERICANS! Great! I write that I'm praying for a successful outcome and in your infinite wisdom you write the above.

Your words are quite revealing, again, as to your inability to be a patriot.

Deegan said:
It would appear that the vote was a great success in Iraq today, the vote had to be extended, in order to allow for the extremely large turnout. Sunni's especially turned out in large numbers, they actually ran out of ballots in certain areas, a great sign that they may avoid civil war. I certainly hope we are seeing the first of many votes in Iraq, and that the violence continues to remain low after the elections. I am especially encouraged that our brave troops can begin to come home, they deserve all our praise, and they should be extremely proud, of a job WELL DONE!

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/iraq

I heard an interview with an Iraqi stating that voter turnout was so high because We want America out of our country and we see this as the next logical step. I'm paraphrasing, but it was an NBC report.

I agree. Great job. You're free.

Now let's figure out how best to support our troops and get the targets off their backs!

26 X World Champs said:
So you and KC both HATE AMERICA and AMERICANS! Great! I write that I'm praying for a successful outcome and in your infinite wisdom you write the above.

Your words are quite revealing, again, as to your inability to be a patriot.

Yeah we are the ones saying our troops are Terrorists (Kerry) and we are losing the war in Iraq (Dean) and our military is broke (Murtha)....All your heroes....Great leaders of you libs..........Makes the troops in Iraq feel really great.........

Navy Pride said:
Yeah we are the ones saying our troops are Terrorists (Kerry) and we are losing the war in Iraq (Dean) and our military is broke (Murtha)....All your heroes....Great leaders of you libs..........Makes the troops in Iraq feel really great.........

Ya know, this could just be me talking, but I think the troops have more important things to worry about than what people are saying.....like, oh, I don't know, trying not to die perhaps?

hipsterdufus said:
I heard an interview with an Iraqi stating that voter turnout was so high because We want America out of our country and we see this as the next logical step. I'm paraphrasing, but it was an NBC report.

I agree. Great job. You're free.

Now let's figure out how best to support our troops and get the targets off their backs!

I watched a lot of interviews of Iraqis today on the 3 news networks and its true one guy said he wants us out but the vast majority of Iraqis said they were very grateful for our sacrafices..........That was good enough for me.....

I am sure if the duly elected gov asks us to leave we will go.......

Stace said:
Ya know, this could just be me talking, but I think the troops have more important things to worry about than what people are saying.....like, oh, I don't know, trying not to die perhaps?

Yeah your right they do but support of the american people and our elected representatives is very important.......I live close to Fort Lewis army base and the Stryker Division deploys to Iraq and back and that is what the guys I talk to tell me......

In addition I can remeber when I was in Nam how important it was to have the backing of the people back home and how demoralizing it was to hear the Fondas and Kerry spew their crap.........

I give you credit though, at least you are not trying to justify Kerry, Deans, and Murthas comments.........You just don't think the troops care but your wrong..........

Navy Pride said:
Yeah your right they do but support of the american people and our elected representatives is very important.......I live close to Fort Lewis army base and the Stryker Division deploys to Iraq and back and that is what the guys I talk to tell me......

In addition I can remeber when I was in Nam how important it was to have the backing of the people back home and how demoralizing it was to hear the Fondas and Kerry spew their crap.........

I give you credit though, at least you are not trying to justify Kerry, Deans, and Murthas comments.........You just don't think the troops care but your wrong..........

Um, in case you forgot, I just got out of the military....sure, I never went to Iraq, but I dealt with enough morons running around calling us "contract killers" and the like...did it bother me? Nope.

My husband served two rotations in Iraq, and he says he couldn't care less what the general American public thought of what he was doing, he knew he had the support of his family, and all of our buddies from his unit felt the same...

Navy Pride said:
Yeah we are the ones saying our troops are Terrorists (Kerry)
Lies! He said that Iraqis are terrorized by surprise raids at night into their homes. You twisted the words into a lie.
Navy Pride said:
and we are losing the war in Iraq (Dean)
More NP lies! He said we can't win the war, not that we are losing the war.
Navy Pride said:
and our military is broke (Murtha).
Lie #3! - Murtha said that the military is stretched so thin that it is not functioning properly! Murtha is 1000 times the patriot you'll ever be. I again reiterate that these politicians that you so viciously attack have devoted their lives to serving our country, not just thru military service, but thru lifelong service to the USA.

I hate and despise Bush, but I do think he's devoted a good portion of his life to public service, and I admire him for that. I don't take his words and rewrite them just to make myself feel superior. His words speak for themselves and it's not necessary to rewrite them to prove he's wrong.

It's quite revealing when certain Republicans can only make their points by rewriting their opponents words because the true meaning doesn't serve their manipulated truth.

Last edited:
Stace said:
Um, in case you forgot, I just got out of the military....sure, I never went to Iraq, but I dealt with enough morons running around calling us "contract killers" and the like...did it bother me? Nope.

My husband served two rotations in Iraq, and he says he couldn't care less what the general American public thought of what he was doing, he knew he had the support of his family, and all of our buddies from his unit felt the same...

I have to say I never knew you were in the military...Thank you for your service to your country.......I can tell you its a lot different being called a baby killer here in the states then when your getting shot at in Iraq.....No offense but your husband probably believes politically like you do so I am not surprised that he would react that way.................

Navy Pride said:
I have to say I never knew you were in the military...Thank you for your service to your country.......I can tell you its a lot different being called a baby killer here in the states then when your getting shot at in Iraq.....No offense but your husband probably believes politically like you do so I am not surprised that he would react that way.................

And I suppose that all of my friends that have been over there, and my brother, and my cousin.....they ALL agree with my political views? Haha, that's funny.

But political views has nothing to do with it. Most of those guys don't have TIME for news of what's going back on over here. They have better things to do, like guard trash dumps.

Stace said:
And I suppose that all of my friends that have been over there, and my brother, and my cousin.....they ALL agree with my political views? Haha, that's funny.

But political views has nothing to do with it. Most of those guys don't have TIME for news of what's going back on over here. They have better things to do, like guard trash dumps.

Well I can tell you the guys I know appreciate the support from home in what they are trying to accomplish and when the news media prints nothing but negative things it hurts them....I guess we will have to agree to disagree if you don't believe that...

Navy Pride said:
Well I can tell you the guys I know appreciate the support from home in what they are trying to accomplish and when the news media prints nothing but negative things it hurts them....I guess we will have to agree to disagree if you don't believe that...

No one's debating that they appreciate the support they get, I'm just saying that MOST of them don't keep up with the news while they're over there, nor do they really care, because THEY'RE the ones that are over there, and THEY know that the media isn't telling us everything.

Stace said:
No one's debating that they appreciate the support they get, I'm just saying that MOST of them don't keep up with the news while they're over there, nor do they really care, because THEY'RE the ones that are over there, and THEY know that the media isn't telling us everything.

Like I said we will have to agree to disagree, these guys are smart and with satelite TV, the Internet and the Army Times they get the news.......Hell we had only the Army Times in the sixties and we heard what people like Kerry anf Fonda said............

Navy Pride said:
Like I said we will have to agree to disagree, these guys are smart and with satelite TV, the Internet and the Army Times they get the news.......Hell we had only the Army Times in the sixties and we heard what people like Kerry anf Fonda said............

I didn't say they didn't have access to the news...I said they don't have the time to keep up with it....I'm sure they're more concerned with, oh, maybe being entertained, and emailing/instant messaging with their loved ones.....they're freakin' surrounded by all things Iraq, I don't really think that they care what the news has to say about it.....

Caine, you were over there.....do you have anything to say about that one? Anyone else that was over there care to toss in a few words?

Back
Top Bottom