• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Virginia high court rules for teacher who won't use transgender students' pronouns

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Other than him invoking God (which, of course, is his right), I agree with this.

No one should be fired for calling a he a he, even if she prefers to be called a she.
Quite frankly, I don't see the difference in this and a pharmacist refusing to fill a morning after pill. There are certain job specific requirements that are beyond 'your rights'. A teachers job is not to do what the teacher wants, it is to help the student learn. What do you suppose the teacher taught this student?

I guarantee this teacher is crap on many other levels.

yea sorry but you don't have a right to be called something you aren't, nor can you fire someone for not calling you something you are not. good ruling here.

Quite frankly, I don't see the difference in this and a pharmacist refusing to fill a morning after pill. There are certain job specific requirements that are beyond 'your rights'. A teachers job is not to do what the teacher wants, it is to help the student learn. What do you suppose the teacher taught this student?

Fire the pharmacist. He has no constitutional right to deny a public service to someone based on the person's morals.

Other than him invoking God (which, of course, is his right), I agree with this.

No one should be fired for calling a he a he, even if she prefers to be called a she.
I can't even remember names. No way I'll be able to keep track of pronouns. Plus, IMO, this whole trend just makes the language less useful.

Can't say It'a the tall black woman with dreads, when someone asks where Alex K. is, if Alex prefers He. Even if there are twenty people with dreads at the party.

At some point soon, we need to stop people from being able to hide behind religious belief as an excuse to be homophobic, transphobic, fill-in-the-blank-phobic and stop them from performing their jobs as in bakeries, pharmacists, fill-in-the-blank service.

That a person may get to deny reality all they want, but they don't get to force other people to do the same.
You're going to have to accept reality before anyone takes these posts seriously. Science advances, some peoples knowledge of science stops at high school biology.

At some point soon, we need to stop people from being able to hide behind religious belief as an excuse to be homophobic, transphobic, fill-in-the-blank-phobic and stop them from performing their jobs as in bakeries, pharmacists, fill-in-the-blank service.
Colorado took that approach, and it didn't work out so well for them with the Supreme Court. The people, and more importantly the courts, tend to favor the right of religious belief over the selfish personal preferences of leftist filth.

Using standard English is equivalent to refusing to sell morning after pills? Aren't they over the counter these days?

Colorado took that approach, and it didn't work out so well for them with the Supreme Court. The people, and more importantly the courts, tend to favor the right of religious belief over the selfish personal preferences of leftist filth.
Not true.

One example is not "tend to favor."
Did you not hear about the multiple court decisions against Gov. Newsom during the last two years, when he attempted to infringe on the individual right to the free exercise of religious belief?

What planet have you been on? :rolleyes:

Did you not hear about the multiple court decisions against Gov. Newsom during the last two years, when he attempted to infringe on the individual right to the free exercise of religious belief?

What planet have you been on? :rolleyes:
Meh. Anecdotes are not data.

Back
Top Bottom