• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vets blast ‘fraud’ Trump over claim he raised $6 million: ‘His mouth writes....[W:38]

Re: Vets blast ‘fraud’ Trump over claim he raised $6 million: ‘His mouth writes.....

Character assassination doesn't win arguments either.

I'm curious why you didn't quote Clownboy from Post #3. I figured I would help you out.

This bull**** artist was against Trump since the beginning of his candidacy. He's a known anti-Republican gadfly and frequent contributor to the Keith Olbermann show.

Or WCH.

What it means is that VoteVets.Org didn't get their share. They are entirely Leftist.

Re: Vets blast ‘fraud’ Trump over claim he raised $6 million: ‘His mouth writes.....

Wrong again.
You did not link to any proof.

Because you didn't follow my link, I am at fault.

Works for me.

Character assassination doesn't win arguments either.

I suspect character assassination assassinates character, so I'll wait for you to contradict me.

Which is really makes this report nothing more than some idiot crying all in an effort to cast Trump in a negative light, while rational folks know it is a non-issue.
Lying about donating to a veteran's charity is a non-issue to "rational folks?"
I see you have trouble understanding what you read.

An idiot crying in an effort to falsely cast Trump in a negative light is the non-issue that rational folks know it to be.

Did you really not understand that? My bad. Never mind, I forgot I was talking to you.

Because you didn't follow my link,
You again show you do not know what you are talking about.

Please provide the "proof" you say exists.

Does not mean he is not correct.

Trump said that he had raised 6 million dollars including 1 million donated by him. Now we are finding out, after the usual "Trump time", aka delays, that the actual donations/pledges did not get anywhere near 6 million. Fine, not all pledges come in, anyone can understand that. However Trump should have seized this opportunity and made up the difference no? He claims he is a very wealthy man.. a million or 2 extra would be him giving away one of his Rolex watches basically. Why did he not do that? Would be great positive PR.

No instead you have his people denying numbers, dodging questions and opening Trump up to new attacks and again these attacks are fully valid because of how he has handled the situation.

no other charity drive does that or charity sponsor so why should he?
fake outrage is fake outrage I guess.

this is a non-issue.

Lying about donating to a veteran's charity is a non-issue to "rational folks?"

I guess insulting POWs are non-issues as well.

since no one lied there isn't an issue.
I would like you to show me where the actual lie is.

while you are at it please show me where anyone was insulting POW's as well.

Actually, I am not wrong on either count, that Republicans treat veterans like dirt, or that my link contained ready proof of the fact.

However, you did mention projection, so you're on the right track. Keep thinking deep thoughts!

hmm lets see who continues want to cut military spending which would include money for our vets?
I do believe that is democrats and liberals.

you are barking up the wrong tree.
walter reed has been a disaster of a program and the VA isn't much better.
hmmm interesting.

hmm lets see who continues want to cut military spending which would include money for our vets?
I do believe that is democrats and liberals.

you are barking up the wrong tree.
walter reed has been a disaster of a program and the VA isn't much better.
hmmm interesting.

In the salient part of your post it seems you implying the Democrats treat veterans like dirt. Is that true?

You again show you do not know what you are talking about.

Please provide the "proof" you say exists.

I can only lead a horse to water.

no other charity drive does that or charity sponsor so why should he?
fake outrage is fake outrage I guess.

this is a non-issue.

Do what? Pay the difference? Because he is rich and a presidential candidate...

I can only lead a horse to water.
Just more deflection. Figures.

Still waiting for that "proof" you say exists but haven't provided.

Do what? Pay the difference? Because he is rich and a presidential candidate...

Again PeteEU.

"Did Jerry Lewis make up for all the pledges that were not realized in his telethons?"

Moderator's Warning:
This is not grade school. Stop acting like it. If you can't come up with an argument that's longer than one word or a one liner then leave the conversation. Stick to the topic people or you can be booted out of the thread with possible infraction handed out.

Yes you are. Thanks for admitting that.

It takes a strong man to admit he's wrong. I guess that excludes you.

Thank you again confirming that you were wrong.

Whether that means you are "strong" or not is another matter of opinion.

Looks like you're wrong yet again. Are you participating in some sort of contest?

Again PeteEU.

"Did Jerry Lewis make up for all the pledges that were not realized in his telethons?"

Is Jerry Lewis a man running for the top political office in the US?

Is Jerry Lewis a man running for the top political office in the US?
Irrelevant to what you were quoted as saying and to the point made in relation to it.

Irrelevant to what you were quoted as saying and to the point made in relation to it.

LOL hardly irrelevant... it was the whole point.

LOL hardly irrelevant... it was the whole point.
Wrong.
The question exposes the point as irrelevant.
The Host of a fund raising event is not responsible for unrealized pledges.

Suggesting that Trump should make up for unrealized pledges is ridiculous to an extreme, and in reference to this specific, mired in your own bias.

Last edited:

Wrong.
The question exposes the point as irrelevant.
The Host of a fund raising event is not responsible for unrealized pledges.

Where the hell did I ever say he was?

Suggesting that Trump should make up for unrealized pledges is ridiculous to an extreme, and in reference to this specific, mired in your own bias.

The only bias here is yours.. your blind devotion to Trump has made you absolutely miss what I wrote.

I said that once the Trump organisation found out that the pledges did not match the already promoted 6 million amount, then they should have gone in and made up the difference.. not because they have too, but because it is the right thing to do.

On top of that it would have looked great PR wise.

But instead they are doing the usual Trump crap and it is bringing down accusations and so on, on them. It looks bad! It is a PR nightmare that Trump certainly does not need now, and yet it is so simple for Trump to fix by making up the freaking difference! But that is of course too late now, the damage is done.

Where the hell did I ever say he was?

The only bias here is yours.. your blind devotion to Trump has made you absolutely miss what I wrote.

I said that once the Trump organisation found out that the pledges did not match the already promoted 6 million amount, then they should have gone in and made up the difference.. not because they have too, but because it is the right thing to do.

On top of that it would have looked great PR wise.

But instead they are doing the usual Trump crap and it is bringing down accusations and so on, on them. It looks bad! It is a PR nightmare that Trump certainly does not need now, and yet it is so simple for Trump to fix by making up the freaking difference! But that is of course too late now, the damage is done.

Why would it be right for Trump to make up the money promised by other individuals? Shouldn't THOSE people be the ones that are lambasted for reneging on their promise? Why put the blame and consequence of someone breaking their promise on someone else? And that applies to anyone regardless of who they are or what position they are trying to get.

Why would it be right for Trump to make up the money promised by other individuals? Shouldn't THOSE people be the ones that are lambasted for reneging on their promise? Why put the blame and consequence of someone breaking their promise on someone else? And that applies to anyone regardless of who they are or what position they are trying to get.

I hate Trump, but yeah, this.

I am on the Board of Directors for 2 animal rescue groups. We hold various fundraisers including those where people pledge money on the spot (like Tricky Trays). Sadly it isn't all that uncommon for people to never pony up the money.

It's not Trump's fault if there was a gap between what was pledged and what was actually collected. And yes, my rescue groups will say "We earned $x in pledges" right after the event knowing full well that it's more than likely $x-y in the end.

Why would it be right for Trump to make up the money promised by other individuals?

Why not? It is great PR no?

Shouldn't THOSE people be the ones that are lambasted for reneging on their promise?

Of course, and he could do that by saying because of these people, he will pay the difference. It is great PR.

Why put the blame and consequence of someone breaking their promise on someone else? And that applies to anyone regardless of who they are or what position they are trying to get.

Blame? I am not blaming Trump for not raising 6 million as he claimed. He cant force people to pay their pledges. As long as he paid his 1 million he pledged at the event, then there is no blame on Trump.

I am blaming him and his people for how they have handled the situation. Listen, this was a PR nightmare from the start. Stumble after stumble. Delayed payments, secrecy and so on. And then we find out that it was not 6 million but considerably less... and no that is not the fault of Trump that it was less.

But he could have seized the initiative and gotten some great PR by paying the difference and coming out as the wealthy philanthropist that he claims he is. But nooo.. instead he and his people, in the middle of the whole tax papers issue, have been backtracking, blocking and making the situation much worse. All it does is to give fuel to the fire that Trump is not as rich as he claims... after all paying 1 million or 3 million to this charity is tax deductible, and for a guy who claims to be worth 10+ billion.. a drop in the bucket.

So again.. is Trump to blame for there not being 6 million? HELL NO.. but he is to blame for his reaction to the shortfall.

And how is that relevant?

He and his camp claimed that they had raised 6 million dollars for a good cause... does it matter if part of that cause might be left wing or right wing? Aint the key part "veteran" not if the persons are right wing, left wing, Muslim, Jewish, male or female?

When an organizations main goal is to elect DEMOCRATS and side with Leftist groups, it makes a big difference.

Most of us know the Left despises the military.

When an organizations main goal is to elect DEMOCRATS and side with Leftist groups, it makes a big difference.

Most of us know the Left despises the military.

Forget it, you are totally blind or dont understand basic public relations at all.

In the salient part of your post it seems you implying the Democrats treat veterans like dirt. Is that true?

Since the Left hates conflict [unless they initiate it], they hate the military + guns + nuclear power, ETC.

Back
Top Bottom