• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US BANKRUPTCY AND ECONOMIC DECLINE

Yeah, but if they establish themselves as a military top dog people will quickly flock to their debt and buy it like it’s going out of style and abandon ours. Our ability to sell debt is based solely on our military, which is now advertising for sorority chicks with lesbian moms as soldiers
Do you know what China uses as a “reserve” for their currency? Dollars.

If they dumped our debt, they would make their own currency worthless. The reason why our international finance system is comprised this way is to eliminate war conflicts.

If we could get our ass out of international conflicts such as Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and now Cuba apparently, we could start actually funding things for the betterment of our people with the government instead of the betterment of the 1% military industrial complex.

Why would anyone pay off future obligations for Medicare and Social Security? Maybe you can ask the big dogs? 🤣

Back in reality, dollar denominated assets continue to maintain heavy demand.

Would you like to make a wager before your inevitable permanent vacation?

Doubt you could raise the ante .

But do you even know what you imagine you are wagering , rofl ?

Dollar collapse would be a good one . Removal of Dollar as global currency reserve is another . Removal of Federal Reserve is more of a punt but I might go for it from my winnings from the other two .

P.S. You miss the point of non payment . Be it unintended or just a ghastly economic fact . It changes your status as a borrower . So buck up your ideas , if you want to play top league .

One major reason you buy Gold etc is when you see an Equities dump for whatever reasons . Remind yourself of the Gold price surge after March of last year and the equities horror show alongside it .
Gold also took a dive in March. But since then it's only gained 21% while the Dow has gained 82% and the S&P has gained 91%.

Maybe trading isn't your thing.

If they dumped our debt, they would make their own currency worthless. The reason why our international finance system is comprised this way is to eliminate war conflicts.

If we could get our ass out of international conflicts such as Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and now Cuba apparently, we could start actually funding things for the betterment of our people with the government instead of the betterment of the 1% military industrial complex.
So much for your knowledge of current affairs .

Guessing is just comical .

Try checking Gold reserves and purchase patterns -- China and Russia .

And look how both have divested themselves of being bankers to broke America and now use payments avoiding use of the petro dollar . SWIFT has swiftly gone .

Where did you dig up the material for your dreadful post ? Or did you make it up ?

Gold also took a dive in March. But since then it's only gained 21% while the Dow has gained 82% and the S&P has gained 91%.

Maybe trading isn't your thing.Mmaking up nonsense will not get you out of the hole you dug for yourself .

Doodling answers to unasked questions will not get you out of the hole you have dug for yourself .

At the most basic level you can make money whether the price of anything goes up or down and whether it is now , tomorrow or some defined time in the future .

You are trying to comment on Trading using a 'Mickey Mouse ' method that has as much relevance as taking a PCR test to diagnose whether you are infected with Covid .

Recently I was buying and selling Silver within the $24.70 to $26.00 range and making thousands each time on a medium size leveraged outlay . It's price at any time versus any selected

back time was / is completely irrelevant other than understanding what weight to attach to it as a future short term movement indicator and also using historical charts analysis .

Over a three week period the price might have dropped anything around 5% .Dropped !! But my £7000 profit came from Trading the moves-- knowing my subject to the extent that you

know how to maximise correct solutions -- my ongoing target is 75% .About the level Einstein suggested a genius operates at .

Last edited:
No, it's just you make a really weird posts. Surely you know that.
You cannot speak foreign languages until you have invested the time to learn them .

You crack on old chap and keep smiling .

Doodling answers to unasked questions will not get you out of the hole you have dug for yourself .

At the most basic level you can make money whether the price of anything goes up or down and whether it is now , tomorrow or some defined time in the future .

You are trying to comment on Trading using a 'Mickey Mouse ' method that has as much relevance as taking a PCR test to diagnose whether you are infected with Covid .

Recently I was buying and selling Silver within the $24.70 to $26.00 range and making thousands each time on a medium size leveraged outlay . It's price at any time versus any selected

back time was / is completely irrelevant other than understanding what weight to attach to it as a future short term movement indicator and also using historical charts analysis .

Over a three week period the price might have dropped anything around 5% .Dropped !! But my £7000 profit came from Trading the moves-- knowing my subject to the extent that you

know how to maximise correct solutions -- my ongoing target is 75% .About the level Einstein suggested a genius operates at .
🤣

Maybe trading isn't your thing.
It won't be anybody's thing when it tanks except for a few bottom feeders. Naturally, it's cyclical. However, the higher it goes and stays there, the further it can disappoint. I think the market is teetering right up there where the oxygen is rather thin. In fact, I think it's making people a little loopy on stocks. Anyway, when we come in for a landing, how long we will wallow in the mire is dependent on how long it takes the Biden Administration to learn basic math and the relationship between borrowing and interest payments. Thanks!!

You cannot speak foreign languages until you have invested the time to learn them .

You crack on old chap and keep smiling .
it's not language. it weird ass content.

Try checking Gold reserves and purchase patterns -- China and Russia .

And look how both have divested themselves of being bankers to broke America and now use payments avoiding use of the petro dollar . SWIFT has swiftly gone .
So what? You can take your dollar and buy assets in America or you can take your dollars and buy other things. Can you get anything out of those two countries?

a currency is only worth what you can buy with it. Linking your currency to gold is dumb.

What do you think would’ve happened in 2008 of the United States couldn’t print the trillions of dollars they needed to shore up the banking system? Economic collapse and ruin.

The government could easily avoid hyperinflation by raising taxes. This will reduce the money supply in circulation and go to pay off the debt.
Not if the government would then increase spending, which always accompanies an increase in revenue.

Not if the government would then increase spending, which always accompanies an increase in revenue.
Talking point noted

As the Republicans have shown you don’t need to increase revenues to increase spending.

I was going to make this its own thread eventually, but I guess this is as good as any place to come clean. I discovered the philosopher's stone in 1522. I'm not going to reveal anything about its composition, but what I can tell you is that I'm 549 years old, and I've been hoarding the gold that I made this whole time. I will celebrate my 550th birthday by dumping all of it on the market at once because I'm tired of goldbugs. Making gold out of everything has been a fun distraction for me for centuries, and if I dropped it all into the ocean at once, there would be beachfront property in Kansas. I don't give investment tips. I'm just asking questions.

So buck up your ideas , if you want to play top league .
What about the big boys? I mean the real big dogs?

I'll wager a $100 forum donation none of the shit you've posted happens by 2022.

Dollar collapse? Not gonna happen.

Dollar no longer reserve currency status? Again... you have to be a complete lunatic to either wager or believe that happens.

Removal of the Federal Reserve? 🤣🤣🤣

The terms have been offered, but we both know you're either too much of a coward to accept, or won't be here long enough to pay up.

Recently I was buying and selling Silver within the $24.70 to $26.00 range and making thousands each time on a medium size leveraged outlay.

😴

Fake post. You are not someone who deals in financial markets. Your command of the terminology and knowledge of the subject matter are about as pathetic as we get here at DP.

Thread has been saved for future reference.

At the end of the day, even if spending increases, will higher taxes reduce the trajectory of the Federal deficit?

By definition deficit, reduction reduces aggregate demand, insofar as deficits are not responsible for crowding out private investment (they are actually crowding in at this point).

At the end of the day, even if spending increases, will higher taxes reduce the trajectory of the Federal deficit?

By definition deficit, reduction reduces aggregate demand, insofar as deficits are not responsible for crowding out private investment (they are actually crowding in at this point).
We’re so deep in debt that minor tax hikes will do nothing to decrease our debt.

We’re so deep in debt that minor tax hikes will do nothing to decrease our debt.
Any excuse not to raise taxes. We don’t need fiscal responsibility because we’re so far in debt.

We can unequivocally say that the TEA Party failed unless fiscal responsibility was NOT their goal.

😴

Fake post. You are not someone who deals in financial markets. Your command of the terminology and knowledge of the subject matter are about as pathetic as we get here at DP.

Thread has been saved for future reference.
That is exactly correct.
Smells like investment wannabe guru by furious Googling.
There was nothing cohesive in the posts.

Any excuse not to raise taxes. We don’t need fiscal responsibility because we’re so far in debt.

We can unequivocally say that the TEA Party failed unless fiscal responsibility was NOT their goal.
Wrong.
Fiscal discipline is always required.
Even more so when deeply in debt.

I was going to make this its own thread eventually, but I guess this is as good as any place to come clean. I discovered the philosopher's stone in 1522. I'm not going to reveal anything about its composition, but what I can tell you is that I'm 549 years old, and I've been hoarding the gold that I made this whole time. I will celebrate my 550th birthday by dumping all of it on the market at once because I'm tired of goldbugs. Making gold out of everything has been a fun distraction for me for centuries, and if I dropped it all into the ocean at once, there would be beachfront property in Kansas. I don't give investment tips. I'm just asking questions.
If you're so smart why didn't you hoard lumber? Or rental cars?

Aren't you the guy who tried to corner the 1645 tulip bulb market?

Its not solely dollars of course and actually China is moving away from dollars.

"By the end of 2014, US dollar assets accounted for 58 per cent of China’s total foreign exchange reserves, down from 79 per cent in 2005"

China is also not increasing its holdings of US treasuries.

1627134091963.png

Basically flat over the time period.

Historically the dollar gained reserve status because it was backed by gold. So, holding dollars was 'as good as gold' in fact even better because you could earn interest with the dollar in a way that you couldn't if you held gold. Even after leaving the gold standard, the dollar retained the status as a reserve currency because the US treasuries were the benchmark for a real, positive 'risk free rate of return'

1627134294268.png

Today? Not so much, the 'risk free rate of return' is currently a 'guaranteed loss' and no, we're not going to get away with that forever.

Back
Top Bottom