• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US approaches a One Party Totalitarian Dictatorship

How Close is the US to a One-Party Totalitarian Dictatorship?

• Nowhere near

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • Very near

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Poll question

Keep in mind, we have a 6-3 Right Wing Supreme Court. We have Right Wing state legislatures in a vast majority of states. In 2022, we may very well have a Right Wing House and Senate, one that is growing ever more extreme in both fealty and zeal. And, in 2024, they may be able to shoe-in another Trump, a charismatic cult leader.

Poll question

Keep in mind, we have a 6-3 Right Wing Supreme Court. We have Right Wing state legislatures in a vast majority of states. In 2022, we may very well have a Right Wing House and Senate, one that is growing ever more extreme in both fealty and zeal. And, in 2024, they may be able to shoe-in another Trump, a charismatic cult leader.
None of those possible scenarios you mention will lead to "a One Party Totalitarian Dictatorship".

Poll question

Well what you Call The Right Wing is far more inclined to FOLLOW THE US CONSITUTION that the Left !
And "IF" we were to follow the Constitution More we would be farther from a Totalitarian State !

Now if you ask yourself:
"Why when Clinton, Bush, or Obama were in Office many of the Fascist / Totalitarian things did not end with these
"Different" Parties in control (Remember Obama had a SUPER MAJORITY) "

Things like DHS, the NSA Spying Program, Policing the world, Knowingly letting illegals in to America, Increasing the US Debt to levels above the Great Depression and still trying to go Full Throttle !

I see it as the Swamp/Status Quo who really run our Government, run both the DNC & GOP !
That's why both Parties hate Trump (He's not in that club) .

None of those possible scenarios you mention will lead to "a One Party Totalitarian Dictatorship".
Funny how he wasnt worried about one party dictatorship when he was applauding democrat plans to pack the court, remove the electoral college and add democrat senate seats. Libs love left wing dictatorships. They always have.

Poll question

I choose option 3, stupid question

Poll question

The RINOs have clearly stacked the deck in their favor, and the US system does allow minority rule. This isn't really new. The Republicans (back a decade ago when there were republicans) have been in minority rule for quite sometime. Because of the electoral college, you can win the presidency even though most of the citizens voted for someone else, because of the 2 Senators per state that gives Wyoming the same power in the Senate as California, the Senate does not reflect the people (then throw the filibuster on top of that) and gerrymandering has allowed the House of Representatives to not be so representative (the RINOs have 5 point advantage, I believe).

The problem with minority rule in a democratic system of government is you can't really have the minority rule over the majority. IN the long-run, the friction that causes is very unhealthy for the society (and thus peace, law and order)

Actually I think that the US has an occupying-type government with the minority party rule in Congress and the SCOTUS thwarting the wishes of the voters who cast their votes in support of the POTUS. Polling shows that his agenda has the support of the majority of Americans, and is bipartisan in most all of what he ran on.

we are no where near a one party dictatorship...however, we need to address the US Supreme Court and do so now.
Senator Manchin will not support addressing the Supeme court.
So like the $3.5 trillion Biden wants it's
going no where fast.
Thanks Senator Manchin.

Senator Manchin will not support addressing the Supeme court.
So like the $3.5 trillion Biden wants it's
going no where fast.
Thanks Senator Manchin.
yeah, this I know and there is zero hope to get him replaced...so, we need to figure out something else....and quickly.

Poll question

Uhhh....no. There is no threat of right wing totalitarian rule. We are much closer to a left wing one though still not there yet.

we are no where near a one party dictatorship...however, we need to address the US Supreme Court and do so now.

I find it really funny how you can say that when the 3 most liberal justices almost never swing over to the right (not always, but mostly), but at least 3 of the Republican appointed justices have swung to the left on at least more than a few decisions, even in recent decisions. If what you are saying true, then wouldn't all decisions always be 6-3, which we know they are not.

Some idiots are not capable of reading the tea leaves under the most recent decision on the Texas abortion case. This was not a FULL hearing of the matter before the court, it was merely the court deciding not to intervene FOR NOW, until a more suitable case which will answer the issues come before the court, probably very soon.

Poll question

Except the SCOTUS has delivered several non-rightwing decisions. Maybe you haven't notice Biden ad is gang are doing everything the can to steal local authority and nationalize every possible issue.

Poll question

OMG, what are you going to do?.....this is terrible.....the world will end......somebody give me my meds.......better yet, give me a gun. No, nevermind, I am against legal citizens having guns....DAMN!!!!

OMG, what are you going to do?.....this is terrible.....the world will end......somebody give me my meds.......better yet, give me a gun. No, nevermind, I am against legal citizens having guns....DAMN!!!!
^ A 🦨er of a post.

of course lefties loved the FDR court that completely ignored over 100 years of precedent and the tenth amendment.

I find it really funny how you can say that when the 3 most liberal justices almost never swing over to the right (not always, but mostly), but at least 3 of the Republican appointed justices have swung to the left on at least more than a few decisions, even in recent decisions. If what you are saying true, then wouldn't all decisions always be 6-3, which we know they are not.

Some idiots are not capable of reading the tea leaves under the most recent decision on the Texas abortion case. This was not a FULL hearing of the matter before the court, it was merely the court deciding not to intervene FOR NOW, until a more suitable case which will answer the issues come before the court, probably very soon.
Bush v Gore-two Republican appointees voted for the Democrat position
Heller v Chicago-Those two same Republicans voted against gun owners
Obamacare-ROberts=though he rejected the reasoning of the Democrats, voted with them

Democrat Justices have voted in a monolithic bloc on the three most politically charged decisions of the last 25 years

I've been hearing this bullshit for decades. "Other Party is going to install a dictatorship, any day now!!!"

Shit or get off the pot, hypothetical dictators.

Funny how he wasnt worried about one party dictatorship when he was applauding democrat plans to pack the court, remove the electoral college and add democrat senate seats. Libs love left wing dictatorships. They always have.
Anyone who says liberals love dictatorship doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground politically. He's nothing but a vapid, simple-minded troll when he shows up in a discussion forum.

of course lefties loved the FDR court that completely ignored over 100 years of precedent and the tenth amendment.
Nothing is worse than the GOP stealing two seats in four years. Actually, five of the nine judges are stolen, being that they were appointed by Republican presidents that could not even come close to winning the popular vote.

The three Trump appointees are definitely illegitimate. We may as well call them Putin's judges.

As I've said many times: There's a reason why most of the poor, destitute states are run by Republican governors and Republican lawmakers. It's called Cause and effect.
A neat trick is to pose with a gun and thereby convince the rubes that you are one of them even as you are super elite. I love seeing the stupidity of Right Wingers. It's an amazing thing to see them goosestep off the cliff.

Poll question

The problem is more one of minority rule. Republican voters are very spread out, while Democratic voters are concentrated. Our system of government combined with gerrymandering favors the party whose voters are spread out, even if their voters are less numerous.

There are a lot of faults in the Democratic party and in the American left these days, but they are unfortunately eclipsed by the fact that we have a party in this country that is perfectly content with ruling with a lack of support from the majority of Americans. You know why there will never be a Democratic version of Trump? It's because the Democrats cannot win without a majority of Americans supporting them.

Back
Top Bottom