• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US approaches a One Party Totalitarian Dictatorship

How Close is the US to a One-Party Totalitarian Dictatorship?

• Nowhere near

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • Very near

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
You have your own notion of a political apocalypse.
Other people look at it with a colder view of reality.
You really did think rioters entering the Capitol Building could take over a government in one day. No weapons; no plan; nothing to back up what they were trying to disrupt.
Have you seen the movies "Seven Days in May" or "Valkyrie"?
Now those were extensive insurrections which also failed to reach their goals.

Wow!

Wow. Just ****in wow.

God Bless you.

There is, or was, more than enough evidence to invalidate GA and PA for sure, and probably WI and MI as well.

OK, I understand what I am dealing with now.

Bye bye!

OK, I understand what I am dealing with now.

Bye bye!
Typical. If you need to use that as an excuse to a avoid defending your arguments - that's pretty weak.

Does your hatred of Trump lead you to defend debauching our currency, erasing our borders, and destroying our economy??

As I said, I'm not a Republican or Trump supporter - I'm an American that is committed to limited government and personal liberty.

Those 2 things are the foundation of Americanism.

Would you fight to save your freedom??

Would you fight to save your freedom??

I understand that our freedoms are an illusion.

I am practical, educated and pragmatic.

We are very different, obviously.

I am a republican, again your post is wildly ignorant.

But thanks for the effort!
Okay Mr. Little (r) republican...

Were the court rulings in PA that allowed ballots to be counted that did not meet statutory requirements legal??

Not a complicated question.

I understand that our freedoms are an illusion.

I am practical, educated and pragmatic.

We are very different, obviously.
Let's say then that our freedoms are "fleeting" at best... we can agree on that, yes??

If that is so, why would you defend the left??

Okay Mr. Little (r) republican

LOL, OK, I give up what does this mean?

Republicans of reason have been demoted to small r? LOL 🤡

I though education and reason we now totally banned in the GQP?

Were the court rulings in PA that allowed ballots to be counted that did not meet statutory requirements legal??

Not a complicated question.

You need to learn to respect the vote, respect the courts and respect the legislature. That is what a real American does.

Let's say then that our freedoms are "fleeting" at best... we can agree on that, yes??

If that is so, why would you defend the left??

LOL, I do not defend the left.

Follow me you will see. What was the last thread I created? Sure as hell did not defend the left, it attacked it.

I do not parrot propaganda. That you do is your shortcoming, not mine.

You need to learn to respect the vote, respect the courts and respect the legislature. That is what a real American does.
Wait a minute - you have some serious contradictions going on there.

Do you know what the PA courts ruled relative to the statutes?? That's the issue, and that's the difference between little (r) and big (R).

Com'on now don't do the 5 D's of Dodgeball, which are of course, per Patches O'Houlihan - Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, and uhhhhh, Dodge :)

Wait a minute - you have some serious contradictions going on there.

Do you know what the PA courts ruled relative to the statutes?? That's the issue, and that's the difference between little (r) and big (R).

Com'on now don't do the 5 D's of Dodgeball, which are of course, per Patches O'Houlihan - Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, and uhhhhh, Dodge :)

Come on, what was the final ruling of the courts in PA?

Respect them, be an American, thanks.

Little (r) refers to one who believes in and adheres to the rule of law.

res publica, the public thing, the law

- a literal translation is, 'the public thing, affair' or 'the people's thing, affair'.

Big (R) refers to an adherent of the Republican Party.

Just b/c someone is a member of the Republican Party, it doesn't mean they are a republican.

Come on, what was the final ruling of the courts in PA?

Respect them, be an American, thanks.
Dude, really - that's your answer??

Courts are not allowed to break the law any more than you or I.

If a Lower Court, State Court, or Federal Court disregards or misapplies the law, it is appealable thru the higher courts ending at the Supreme Court.

If all the courts abet lawlessness - which is what the PA court rulings were - then by definition we no longer live under the rule of law.

The PA courts AND the Supreme Court disregarded the law for politics, and we all lose in that.

The PA court ruled that ballots could be counted that did not meet the statutory requirements - nobody disputes that.

Those ballots, those illegal ballots, are what gave Pennsylvania to Biden - and that is before you ever start to look at whether they were even authentic.

Wisconsin - same thing.

If a Lower Court, State Court, or Federal Court disregards or misapplies the law, it is appealable thru the higher courts ending at the Supreme Court.

If all the courts abet lawlessness - which is what the PA court rulings were - then by definition we no longer live under the rule if law.

The PA courts AND the Supreme Court disregarded the law for politics, and we all lose in that.

The PA court ruled that ballots could be counted that did not meet the statutory requirements - nobody disputes that.

Those ballots, those illegal ballots, are what gave Pennsylvania to Biden - and that is before you ever start to look at whether they were even authentic.

Wisconsin - same thing.

I am so sick of the Trump trash campaign.

Be an American, I implore you.

I am so sick of the Trump trash campaign.

Be an American, I implore you.
I'm pointing out facts, and you default to some amorphous "go along to get along" nonsense??

That is NOT the American way. Americans are supposed to stand resolute for the rule of law and liberty.

We're not like Europeans or South Americans, or anyone else in the world - we are supposed to stand up to the powerful and corrupt, because if we don't, they will surely make us their serfs.

You seem to fold your tent without so much as a peep of protest to corruption and illegality right in front of you.

---------------------------

Now address the question directly -

If there were not, what does that mean??

This has absolutely nothing to do with Trump, this is about the rule of law. Don't let the circus act that is the left distract you from understanding that.

That is NOT the American way. Americans are supposed to stand resolute for the rule of law and liberty.

We're not like Europeans or South Americans, or anyone else in the world - we are supposed to stand up to the powerful and corrupt, because if we don't, they will surely make us their serfs.

You seem to fold your tent without so much as a peep of protest to corruption and illegality right in front of you.

Your posts are what a traitor would say if he were rationalizing.

Your posts are what a traitor would say if he were rationalizing.
Good grief, pride goethe before the fall, huh ;)

I'm pointing to obvious violations of the law by your government, that any layman can read and discern - multiple courts, at every level...

...and you say I'm a "traitor" because I won't kneel down before the lie??

You have no counterargument, so you call me a traitor??

We may disagree, but I don't think you're a traitor. I know you're wrong, but that doesn't make you a traitor.

Try using facts, and if you don't know the answer or have a cogent response, do some research.

If all the courts abet lawlessness - which is what the PA court rulings were - then by definition we no longer live under the rule of law.

Wisconsin - same thing.
Even if you were correct, and there is no evidence that you are. Give it up, stop feeding "the big lie." Follow the example of
the democrats after the 1968 candidate Nixon sabotage of the Paris peace talks, William Casey's 1980 election, October Surprise,
and Bush's brother's influence on suppressing the Gore vote in Florida in 2000. You have nothing to gain from your tactics.

Warning that our real danger would come from a domestic despot,
"It is to deny what the history of the world tells us is true, to suppose that men of ambition and talents will not continue to spring up amongst us. And when they do, they will as naturally seek the gratification of their ruling passion as others have done before them. The question then is, can that gratification be found in supporting and maintaining an edifice that has been erected by others? Most certainly it cannot. Many great and good men, sufficiently qualified for any task they should undertake, may ever be found whose ambition would aspire to nothing beyond a seat in Congress, a gubernatorial or a presidential chair; but such belong not to the family of the lion or the tribe of the eagle. What! think you these places would satisfy an Alexander, a Caesar, or a Napoleon? Never! Towering genius disdains a beaten path. It seeks regions hitherto unexplored. It sees no distinction in adding story to story upon the monuments of fame erected to the memory of others. It denies that it is glory enough to serve under any chief. It scorns to tread in the footsteps of any predecessor, however illustrious. It thirsts and burns for distinction; and if possible, it will have it, whether at the expense of emancipating slaves or enslaving freemen. Is it unreasonable, then, to expect that some man possessed of the loftiest genius, coupled with ambition sufficient to push it to its utmost stretch, will at some time spring up among us? And when such a one does, it will require the people to be united with each other, attached to the government and laws, and generally intelligent, to successfully frustrate his designs. Distinction will be his paramount object, and although he would as willingly, perhaps more so, acquire it by doing good as harm, yet, that opportunity being past, and nothing left to be done in the way of building up, he would set boldly to the task of pulling down."

A. Lincoln

The POTUS personally sabotaged the ability of the U.S. Postal Service to deliver the ballots to be counted, compared
to if he had not interfered for that purpose.

".. A letter from the U.S. Postal Service general counsel stated that Pennsylvania ballots requested near Oct. 27 might not be returned by Election Day.

Pennsylvania’s Election Code deadline for receiving mail and absentee ballots is 8 p.m. on election day. However, the Pennsylvania Constitution requires that “all aspects of the electoral process, to the greatest degree possible, be kept open and unrestricted to the voters of our Commonwealth, and, also, conducted in a manner which guarantees, to the greatest degree possible, a voter’s right to equal participation in the electoral process for the selection of his or her representatives in government.” Relying on this language in the Pennsylvania Constitution, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court extended the deadline to count ballots by three days to “reduce voter disenfranchisement.”.."

Last edited:
The courts cannot make law to suit their political agenda. They are not legislatures.

In this case, the PA SC legislated from the bench, then refused challenges to what they did after the fact by saying too late-too bad.

Is that really how you want your courts and government to behave simply b/c you got what you wanted in the end??

noone is going on about the rule of law related to 1/6, when in reality these actions are the real threat to the rule of law.

Good grief, pride goethe before the fall, huh ;)

I'm pointing to obvious violations of the law by your government, that any layman can read and discern - multiple courts, at every level...

...and you say I'm a "traitor" because I won't kneel down before the lie??

You have no counterargument, so you call me a traitor??

We may disagree, but I don't think you're a traitor. I know you're wrong, but that doesn't make you a traitor.

Try using facts, and if you don't know the answer or have a cogent response, do some research.

You are repeating dangerous rhetoric. It is dangerous to democray.

You do not think I am a traitor because I do not make traitor like posts.

Weather you posts are ignorant Kool-Aid drinking trash or weather your post are purposeful lies to destroy my country makes no differance. They are the words of civil unrest, lies to end democracy.

I am sure our alphabet agencies are on top of all who promote this dangerous Crap.

You are repeating dangerous rhetoric. It is dangerous to democray.

You do not think I am a traitor because I do not make traitor like posts.

Weather you posts are ignorant Kool-Aid drinking trash or weather your post are purposeful lies to destroy my country makes no differance. They are the words of civil unrest, lies to end democracy.

I am sure our alphabet agencies are on top of all who promote this dangerous Crap.
"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act”.

- George Orwell, 1984

--------------------------

Telling the truth about how the PA courts, and indeed, virtually all of our courts, clearly violated the law to achieve a political end??

Yes indeed, telling the truth in such times is a revolutionary act.

I've been trying to drum up support to break the country up to avoid bloodshed... you should get onboard with that.

Realistically, we cannot expect a united country under a vastly feuding ideology. But there are some basic principles. Those that take the risk want their reward. That's the entrepreneurial spirit. Those that work and sacrifice, seek their reward. That's the human spirit. That is our dominion over other species, intellectually at least. But those that want neither are members of both parties, and they are dominating the dialog. They are not that important in the long run. Thanks!!

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act”.

- George Orwell, 1984

--------------------------

Telling the truth about how the PA courts, and indeed, virtually all of our courts, clearly violated the law to achieve a political end??

Yes indeed, telling the truth in such times is a revolutionary act.

I've been trying to drum up support to break the country up to avoid bloodshed... you should get onboard with that.

Yes and that is exactly teh problem wit TRumpism.

You have perverted the quote by not recognizing the truth, your false orange idol is the sin against man.

BTW, I find your posts totally deplorable. I would not allow such dangerous lies to go unchallenged in my neighborhood. This needs to be stopped as Malcolm X suggested.

Yes and that is exactly teh problem wit TRumpism.

You have perverted the quote by not recognizing the truth, your false orange idol is the sin against man.

BTW, I find your posts totally deplorable. I would not allow such dangerous lies to go unchallenged in my neighborhood. This needs to be stopped as Malcolm X suggested.
Apparently you're not reading my posts, because as I've said, I'm not a "Trumper".

And Malcolm X was a Marxist, racial agitator. You hold someone like Malcolm X in high regard??

That's pretty messed up.

For the record, I will in all likelihood vote for the Libertarian Party candidate, whoever that is. As I said, I'm not a Republican.

We're done here though - you don't possess enough knowledge to understand that you are wrong; and worse, you are dishonest.

I do wish you luck though, we're all going to need it. There's some serious white water ahead.

ciao

We're done here though
It's about time you caught on.
you don't possess enough knowledge to understand that you are wrong; and worse, you are dishonest.
You are not a TRumpist? LOL

Only a Trumpist claims up is down, left is right and fact is fiction with compulsivity and such furverance as your posts do. A prefect example you use uson your banishment.

My parting words, be an American. Renounce anti American activities.

That is my demand.

Back
Top Bottom