• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Update on Coral bleaching on Great Barrier Reef

I just showed it's out there.
What? A poorly supported blog post? Or data that no intelligent person should believe because it came from a poorly supported blog post?
Lord of Planar said:
It was a few years back I found the good supporting evidence.
Sure... you did. You make that claim a lot without ever backing it up with any proof.
Lord of Planar said:
pH is cyclical. Deny that all you want.
I'm not denying anything. But I certainly am not going to make up my mind on anything based on your almost worthless link.

Hogwash.

You cut and paste denialist lies and misinformation without really understanding most of it. I then use facts and data to refute your BS... over and over again. I have done this literally hundreds of times.

Your intellectual dishonesty is getting really old.
Your post is Exhibit A in making my case.

Your post is Exhibit A in making my case.
Really? Why don't you tell us all why? What, exactly, did I post that makes your case?

The entire text is false and, sadly, full of self-delusion.
There isn't anything in my post that you can prove wrong. And I have proven what I say about you numerous times. Literally hundreds of times.
You are the one with a propensity for self-delusion.

There isn't anything in my post that you can prove wrong. And I have proven what I say about you numerous times. Literally hundreds of times.
You are the one with a propensity for self-delusion.
No, you have not, and your claim does not merit further discussion.
In fact, you have been shown to be wrong every time.

No, you have not, and your claim does not merit further discussion.
In fact, you have been shown to be wrong every time.
Every time??
:LOL:
That's not only hilarious but completely delusional as well!!

Hell... I'll bet you can't show us all a single instance where you have proven me wrong without making a complete fool of yourself.

Every time??
:LOL:
That's not only hilarious but completely delusional as well!!

Hell... I'll bet you can't show us all a single instance where you have proven me wrong without making a complete fool of yourself.
Sorry, but your foolishness is not worth my time. The record is there for all to see. I'm actually surprised you keep coming back after your regular drubbings.

Sorry, but your foolishness is not worth my time. The record is there for all to see. I'm actually surprised you keep coming back after your regular drubbings.
I knew you wouldn't be able to give us even a single instance of you proving me wrong. Just more of your self-delusion.

Oh... and I encourage anyone who wants to 'check the record' and search my posts to see how many times I have debunked your BS. It shouldn't be too hard as I only have about 2600 posts and the vast majority of them are of me debunking your and other denialists lies and misinformation.

I knew you wouldn't be able to give us even a single instance of you proving me wrong. Just more of your self-delusion.

Oh... and I encourage anyone who wants to 'check the record' and search my posts to see how many times I have debunked your BS. It shouldn't be too hard as I only have about 2600 posts and the vast majority of them are of me debunking your and other denialists lies and misinformation.

The Test and Failure of the AGW Paradigm

The series concluding with #637 was the most recent of your self-immolations.

Maybe they weren't looking too hard.

Scientists Discover Skyscraper-Sized Reef… In the Great Barrier Reef
David Middleton / 8 hours ago November 25, 2020
Guest “How did they miss this?” by David Middleton

PRESS RELEASE / OCTOBER 26, 2020
AUSTRALIAN SCIENTISTS DISCOVER 500 METER TALL CORAL REEF IN THE GREAT BARRIER REEF–FIRST TO BE DISCOVERED IN OVER 120 YEARS
CAPE YORK, AUSTRALIA – Scientists have discovered a massive detached coral reef in the Great Barrier Reef–the first to be discovered in over 120 years, Schmidt Ocean Institute announced today. Measuring more than 500m high–taller than the Empire State Building, the Sydney Tower and the Petronas Twin Towers–the reef was discovered by Australian scientists aboard Schmidt Ocean Institute’s research vessel Falkor, currently on a 12-month exploration of the ocean surrounding Australia.
The reef was first found on Oct. 20, as a team of scientists led by Dr. Robin Beaman from James Cook University was conducting underwater mapping of the northern Great Barrier Reef seafloor. The team then conducted a dive on Oct. 25 using Schmidt Ocean Institute’s underwater robot SuBastian to explore the new reef. The dive was live-streamed, with the high-resolution footage viewed for the first time and broadcast on Schmidt Ocean Institute’s website and YouTube channel.
The base of the blade-like reef is 1.5km-wide, then rises 500m to its shallowest depth of only 40m below the sea surface. This newly discovered detached reef adds to the seven other tall detached reefs in the area, mapped since the late 1800s, including the reef at Raine Island–the world’s most important green sea turtle nesting area.
“This unexpected discovery affirms that we continue to find unknown structures and new species in our Ocean,” said Wendy Schmidt, co-founder of Schmidt Ocean Institute. “The state of our knowledge about what’s in the Ocean has long been so limited. Thanks to new technologies that work as our eyes, ears and hands in the deep ocean, we have the capacity to explore like never before. New oceanscapes are opening to us, revealing the ecosystems and diverse life forms that share the planet with us.”
[…]
Schmidt Ocean Institute
Does it strike anyone else as odd, that they can claim, with certainty, that half of the Great Barrier Reef is dead, while not knowing that there was a skyscraper-sized pinnacle reef sitting right under their noses?

Why does it always shock the “scientists” when they discover healthy, thriving coral reefs?

It seems as if every newly discovered reef is healthy and thriving… particularly if it is in a remote area and not frequented by tourists and scuba divers.

Why are these remote reefs miraculously immune to Gorebal Warming and Ocean Neutralization, while the reefs crawling with tourists and scuba divers are not?

More Mind-boggling Facts About Coral Reefs . . .

How about some science with your science?

Measuring Old Corals & Coral Reefs (Part 1)
November 27, 2020 By jennifer 7 Comments

Fundamental to science is measurement. It is a way of objectively assessing something, anything, even the state of a coral reef, even of an individual coral. Historically coral growth rates were measured by coring the really old massive Porites. … [Read more...]

Maybe they weren't looking too hard.

Scientists Discover Skyscraper-Sized Reef… In the Great Barrier Reef
David Middleton / 8 hours ago November 25, 2020
Guest “How did they miss this?” by David Middleton

Does it strike anyone else as odd, that they can claim, with certainty, that half of the Great Barrier Reef is dead, while not knowing that there was a skyscraper-sized pinnacle reef sitting right under their noses?

Why does it always shock the “scientists” when they discover healthy, thriving coral reefs?

It seems as if every newly discovered reef is healthy and thriving… particularly if it is in a remote area and not frequented by tourists and scuba divers.

Why are these remote reefs miraculously immune to Gorebal Warming and Ocean Neutralization, while the reefs crawling with tourists and scuba divers are not?

More Mind-boggling Facts About Coral Reefs . . .
It shouldn't shock them at all, and I don't think it does. Journalists tend to spin and lie. With the coral life cycle, when they die, new ones grow over them as it is now a vacant area and that's why they get larger and larger over time.

Gardens of Old Porites, Without Sharks
December 9, 2020 By jennifer 2 Comments

It is often reported that the Great Barrier Reef is half dead, specifically that the corals are bleached, and the water quality is degraded with pesticides and plastics. If I didn’t know better, I might never want to visit a coral reef, lest I be … [Read more...]

coral reefs
Peter Ridd: It’s the science that’s rotten, not the Great Barrier Reef
Sixty years ago, when these cycles of death and destruction were first being discovered by scientists, it was legitimate to be concerned about whether they were unnatural. But there is now abundant evidence, almost totally ignored by the International Union for Conservation of Nature, that the reef is fine. The coral always recovers vigorously after major mortality events. Coral remains abundant on all 3000 reefs. The amount of coral, while fluctuating dramatically from year to year, is about the same today as when records began in the 1980s. The coral growth rates have not declined — if anything they have increased, as would be expected from the slight increase in temperature over the past century. Corals like it hot and grow faster in warmer water.

Alarmism Dies In The Great Barrier Reef As New Study Documents Reef Growth Since The 1970s
By Kenneth Richard on 31. December 2020

Share this...
A new study affirms coral reefs grow when seas are warm and rising. Growth “shuts off” during colder, falling sea level periods. Consequently, the Great Barrier Reef has experienced growth in the last 150 years – especially in recent decades.
During the Last Glacial Maximum (~30,000 to 15,000 years ago), when Great Barrier Reef (GBR) sea surface temperatures (SSTs) were sometimes 3-5°C colder and sea levels plummeted to 120 m lower than today, reefs experienced at least 5 “near death events” (Yokoyama et al., 2019).
5-near-death-events-for-corals-due-to-cooling-Yokoyama-2019.jpg

Image Source: Yokoyama et al., 2019 . . . .

Back
Top Bottom