• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Update on Coral bleaching on Great Barrier Reef

He has the D-K effect. Thinks he knows more than he does. He couldn't possible "know" what he thinks he knows.
In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people with low ability at a task overestimate their ability. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, people cannot objectively evaluate their competence or incompetence.
Relax Frasier....have a beer. Lol

Half the Reef destroyed but they won’t release the data
The future of the entire 350,000 km2 Great Barrier Reef hangs in the balance — as the coralapocalypse has wiped out 50% of the coral in just 25 years. Lordy! If only we’d built some off-shore wind farms on the reef to protect it! We could cover whole islands with solar panels? What are we thinking!
But as Peter Ridd points out, AIMS (The Australian Institute of Marine Science) surveys around 100 reefs every year — and for the last 35 years — and they find things are roughly the same. See the graph below.
Corals Great Barrier Reef
Don’t look now, but corals are doing fine. From Jennifer Marohasy and Peter Ridd.
Somehow Terry Hughes — and the Centre of Excellence for Integrated Coral Reef Studies — gets up to $4 million each year to report on the reef but won’t release the data behind the mass media campaign.
The ABC — which gets nearly $3 million dollars every single day — can’t even pick up the phone to interview AIMS or Peter Ridd and ask one hard question of Terry Hughes’ “Excellent” centre. (We all know why they had to put the word “excellence” in the title, it was the only way the word would ever be used to describe an activist group pretending to be scientists.)
And we all know that if anyone at James Cook University (JCU) has any doubts about the quality of the output from the “Excellent” centre they won’t be saying a word or they’ll get sacked like Peter Ridd did.
JCU — still supporting junk science and ignoring that other case of potential fraud?
Has James Cook Uni starting investigating the possible scientific fraud by Oona Lonnsteadt, or are they too busy getting their High Court Case ready to defend their right to sack Peter Ridd for using satire in emails and being “un collegial”?
Who cares about the damn corals eh? JCU are more interested in being a Labor Party marketing machine and giving free advertising to Banker carbon schemes and the Renewables Industry. The Morrison Government could solve this in five minutes but continues to support junk universities by feeding them money without even the minimum requirement that they enshrine free speech in all their employment contacts.
Likewise the Bureau of Met neglect the temperature sites near the reef and generate fake warming by ignoring site changes.

Coral Cover on the Great Barrier Reef stays about the same Source AIMS
If Dietzel et al were really worried about the reef they wouldn’t be hiding the data.
From Peter Ridd at GWPF:
Moreover, Professor Hughes has refused to make public the raw data upon which he made this claim, despite repeated requests.
This latest work by Prof Hughes needs a thorough quality-audit to test its veracity”, says Ridd. “Prime-facie, there are excellent grounds to treat it with great scepticism.”
If only someone somewhere was concerned about coral, they wouldn’t let the reef be abused and misused as a marketing tool. (Thankfully Jennifer Marohasy and Peter Ridd shoot video’s on the health of the reef).

Thank you for your major contribution to the thread
LOL...

As if you contribute anything of fact, rather than fiction.

LOL...

At least I understand what I speak of. You just regurgitate propaganda.

See post #60

HAHAHAHAHA
Yes, yes, yes.

You believe the propaganda instead of actually understanding the science.

Did you know that the pH of the ocean is also cyclical, and all the CO2 we put in the air has not put the ocean pH outside of normal?

Yes, yes, yes.

You believe the propaganda instead of actually understanding the science.

Did you know that the pH of the ocean is also cyclical, and all the CO2 we put in the air has not put the ocean pH outside of normal?
Post your evidence. I don't believe a thing you deniers post

Post your evidence. I don't believe a thing you deniers post
I have, several times.

You deny the facts of science. You fall prey to the lies of the charlatans. Why should I post the same thing over and over when you deny it over and over?

Yes, AGW is real. CO2 just isn't the threat so many believe. Land use changes and pollution are the largest issues we face regarding the changes we make on our environment. Try focusing there please. Until you do, you are just letting others use you for their lies.

I've supplied data before. This one is different, but I don't know where to find the actual paper I did years back.

Modern pH spikes are still higher than it was around 1920 and around 1960

MWAcompilationOfGlobalOcean_pHJan82014.jpg

I have, several times.

You deny the facts of science. You fall prey to the lies of the charlatans. Why should I post the same thing over and over when you deny it over and over?

Yes, AGW is real. CO2 just isn't the threat so many believe. Land use changes and pollution are the largest issues we face regarding the changes we make on our environment. Try focusing there please. Until you do, you are just letting others use you for their lies.
That means nothing

Dismissed

I've supplied data before. This one is different, but I don't know where to find the actual paper I did years back.

Modern pH spikes are still higher than it was around 1920 and around 1960

MWAcompilationOfGlobalOcean_pHJan82014.jpg

Hmmm... a non-peer-reviewed blog post with no easily verifiable references.
:rolleyes:

Lazy denial.
:LOL:
Says a guy who is known for cutting and pasting other people's denialist lies and misinformation without even reading it first or adding any comments of his own. And then when he is called out for pushing BS can't legitimately defend any of it.

Jack, you are the epitome of lazy denial.

:LOL:
Says a guy who is known for cutting and pasting other people's denialist lies and misinformation without even reading it first or adding any comments of his own. And then when he is called out for pushing BS can't legitimately defend any of it.

Jack, you are the epitome of lazy denial.
I post data and evidence. You post attacks. That's the difference between us.

I post data and evidence. You post attacks. That's the difference between us.
Hogwash.

You cut and paste denialist lies and misinformation without really understanding most of it. I then use facts and data to refute your BS... over and over again. I have done this literally hundreds of times.

Your intellectual dishonesty is getting really old.

Hmmm... a non-peer-reviewed blog post with no easily verifiable references.
:rolleyes:
I just showed it's out there. It was a few years back I found the good supporting evidence.

pH is cyclical. Deny that all you want.

Back
Top Bottom