• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Update on Coral bleaching on Great Barrier Reef

Ridd’s speaking tour has been hosted by regional branches of the sugarcane growers peak body, Canegrowers, and the Australian Environment Foundation, a charity set up by the rightwing thinktank the Institute of Public Affairs, with strong links to the agriculture and fossil fuel industries.
Do you expect it to be set up by someone with your agenda?

My God man. Such silly reasoning. That is a very stupid reason to dismiss the conclusions. That is a complete faith-based belief to do so. And you guys wonder why we classify you guys as cultists...

Do you expect it to be set up by someone with your agenda?

My God man. Such silly reasoning. That is a very stupid reason to dismiss the conclusions. That is a complete faith-based belief to do so. And you guys wonder why we classify you guys as cultists...
At least you admit ridd is on the take.

Hes a paid off hack who if he says the right lies gets money

Yes, and paying a speaker is somehow evidence of something nefarious?
If he does not tell the right lies....no check. Why would they want him?

Hes a hack

Oh really? And how is this content checking done? Is it in a contract?
I guarantee they know what he will say before he says it.

It's what they pay for

Really? You must have really good sources. How do you know this?
How do I know that fossil fuel interests want to hear about AGW denial?

Are you kidding????

At least you admit ridd is on the take.

Hes a paid off hack who if he says the right lies gets money
Are you saying all speakers to events are "on the take?"

Can you prove he's a "paid off hack?"

No... You cannot. But then you do like slanering those you don't like. Don't you...

Yes, and paying a speaker is somehow evidence of something nefarious?
Well, there are good examples of that.

Barack Obama... Bill Clinton... etc.

Just how much do they make being paid speakers at events?

How do I know that fossil fuel interests want to hear about AGW denial?

Are you kidding????
They don't deny it. Never have. They just aren't frightened like a little girl from its small effects. They do like partaking in the free money you support for in the forms of green subsidies.

I'm just trying to understand how you know so much.
He has the D-K effect. Thinks he knows more than he does. He couldn't possible "know" what he thinks he knows.

In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people with low ability at a task overestimate their ability. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, people cannot objectively evaluate their competence or incompetence.

Back
Top Bottom