• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Unpaid internships should be abolished.

it isn't a promise of a future job it's a chance to better your self to make yourself stand out in the pile of resumes that get dumped on he desks for intro jobs.

you know, man, that's exactly what i would have said a decade ago. in fact, i probably did, so i get the argument. it's just that i've been there for a while now, and while you're not completely wrong, it's about two percent what you say and ninety eight percent free labor, squeezed from the powerless and desperate.

you know, man, that's exactly what i would have said a decade ago. in fact, i probably did, so i get the argument. it's just that i've been there for a while now, and while you're not completely wrong, it's about two percent what you say and ninety eight percent free labor, squeezed from the powerless and desperate.
Then by all means get the word out by all means but leave college kids the choice.

Huh?

The *BEST* classes I ever took were online classes. Why? They didn't waste my time like sitting in a classroom listing to a self absorbed professor did.

I've had horrible online classes. I've had great online classes.

I've had horrible in-person classes. I've had great in-person classes.

Basically there are two factors involved, and neither one is online or in-person... quality of the instructor and what you put into it.

Then by all means get the word out by all means but leave college kids the choice.
How about mandating a warning for unpaid interns, like the warnings on cigarettes?

Back
Top Bottom