• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

UN: Observers didn't accuse any side of using chemical weapons

I don't pay any attention to what the propaganda arms of regimes that gas their own innocent citizens have to say about anything.

There are plenty of other, more reliable, sources of information.

So the UN is a "propaganda arm of the regime"?

Same principle, Countries are soverign and don't answer to anyone else outside of military conflicts.

Except when you sign onto international treateis and sign into international bodies you uphold those treaties and the respect of internatinoal law

Except when you sign onto international treateis and sign into international bodies you uphold those treaties and the respect of internatinoal law

Has Syria signed that? Treaties/Alliances are only valid until they are broken. :shrug:

So the UN is a "propaganda arm of the regime"?

No, The UN is a time and money wasting outfit that accomplishes way less than what it could and should get done.

Few of its employees could pour piss out of a boot with the instructions written on the sole.

SANA is the propaganda arm of the Syrian regime

Last edited:
Has Syria signed that? Treaties/Alliances are only valid until they are broken. :shrug:
Who used the chemical weapons? Also syria is not signed into the CWC, or have the rattified the ICC.

So you just think they do a bad job? Just because they disagree with our findings? Have you ever thought that our findings are extremly bias becuase we always have some huge agenda in these sort of scenarios?

I wasn't necessarily talking about our findings. I think they do a poor job because better quality people with less institutional pressures are in the other options I mentioned. I was talking about Swedish, Swiss, and Canadian national teams or Doctors Without Borders/Red Cross (I'm very preferable to the Red Cross actually), not the US. I think UN fact finding and investigative teams draw a certain kind of politically engaged person, less talented individuals, and that they are subject to enormous institutional pressures that other national or NGO teams are not.

I wasn't necessarily talking about our findings. I think they do a poor job because better quality people with less institutional pressures are in the other options I mentioned. I was talking about Swedish, Swiss, and Canadian national teams or Doctors Without Borders/Red Cross (I'm very preferable to the Red Cross actually), not the US. I think UN fact finding and investigative teams draw a certain kind of politically engaged person, less talented individuals, and that they are subject to enormous institutional pressures that other national or NGO teams are not.
Couldnt that be said with NGO's too tho? That where these NGO's are based out of can be used for a certain agenda as well with their home countries pressure?

Couldnt that be said with NGO's too tho? That where these NGO's are based out of can be used for a certain agenda as well with their home countries pressure?

It's like when DWB released it's report on the Congo years ago and accused Rwanda and Uganda of continuing to back militias in Kivu and of being responsible for the rapes and massacres that had taken place there. The UN team had a similar report but it was much more conservative and has time has proven very much failing to state the scope and context of what had happened. I think historically UN investigative teams have some of the worse results. The best come from non-associated national or multinational teams, very certain NGO's, and the like IMO.

We need to stay out of Syria. I don't know what is in Republicans hands. We should not bomb Assad and put Ah Qaeda in charge. Let them keep fighting each other so they kill each other off.

This would be haphazard and only breed the spread of conflict and, God forbid, WMD use.

The Syrian Arab News Agency may have a slightly different tune after Syria gets bombed back into the Stone Age.

Wow, talk abt bombing small countries back to stone age? Try the big countries.

Wow, talk abt bombing small countries back to stone age? Try the big countries.

I'll let you take care of that since it's your idea.

Back
Top Bottom