• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ukraine Launches Major offensive against Pro Russian Separtists......

Yeap. Wikipedia is a joke that anyone could put written stuff there. Provide alternative links instead.

You experienced WW2 through you own history? How old are you?

Interesting survey of Japanese perceptions. If you provide the link for the study I may read it sometimes. Irrelevant to the topic in hand though.

I think with this approach, you could say that any article on the Internet written by the person with their own interests. Even news sites, can you imagine?

Ukrainian News sites write that in Ukraine are agents of the NKVD and GRU. So it is written. In fact, they have long been disbanded. Ukrainians believe that Putin personally oversees certain agents that threatened life force people to take to the streets in Donetsk and to be human shields for them. PEOPLE BELIEVE IT!

Where these people are made to go on living under the threat of a referendum? Why are they silent? Believe, I know what kind of people live in the Donbass region. THESE PEOPLE WILL KNEE TO NO MAN! That's why they took to the streets AGAINST the Kievan junta. When they launched the ATO, Donbass were forced to take up arms to protect their children.

Recently, Ukrainian News reported that residents of Chechnya came to the East and just cut indiscriminately. West's people also believe. And you know what's really going on? Every day I see what's happening on the street. All the way around.
Here's a video from Mariupol: Уникально В Славянске украинцы тяжело ранили 12 летнего мальчика 9 мая 2014 - YouTube
So, they are parents a 12 years old boy. Ukraine's army sniper shouted on him when he played on children's playground.
The boy's mother says that the wounds the boy pale rose home (second floor) and said, ' Mom, the playground somebody shouted on me.
Before the arrival of the doctors he had pain shock and he said: don't worry, I will save, I'll live ... Then he lost consciousness. When parents helped boy, sniper shouted one more time, thank God without result (they was in balcony).
Two bullets passed through. One in the stomach, the other in the shoulder (his relative shows it in the video). The grandmother's hysterical, and the grandfather tells her: take it easy!
The doctor said that the operation is made but the damaged joint and soon they will decide what to do with the joint. By the way, there is St. George's Ribbon on boy's jacket.

What about WW2. You had in mind that I did not take part in this war, and this is the reason that I can't quite know about it? I talked with participants in the WW2, read documents. Real documents from archives, not American history textbooks. Where can you learn more? You are the son of the head of the secret service of the USSR?
Most likely, that I didn't understand you, or you did not understand me.

Why do you not calm down, let democracy do its work with these upcoming presidential elections, and see if it detects or not? If it does not, an international team of investigators may be involved for you? Better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqytqIFCmtk

Ukrainian democracy in action . National Guard arrived in the city of Mariupol Ukraine , brought democracy.

By cries of the crowd can be seen that the Ukrainian national guard here do not want to see . Among other things, again shouting "Fascists " .

Seized on the street a few people ( seen at the end of the video).

Operator shouted: " They take guys ! "

The shooting started , including for people.

At the end of the video - shout : "Wounded ! Ambulance ! " So put in someone.

You are still protesting peacefully ? Lay down their arms ? So people in the video and it did not pick up ! Now, after this just raise ! So who are the criminals in Ukraine? People who really peacefully protesting , or the government, which pays his soldiers ordered to shoot at unarmed people?

Bandero fought for Ukrainian independence. That is why he is the hero there.
Oh, really? Yeah, I'm just forgot that. But stop! Hmm.. 1943? Volyn'? Bandera's people? Here it is: uglich_jj -
I'll not translate all for you. Galichyn with him "team" killed those who are not Ukrainian in Ukraine (and Poles here too).
There is not one example in history that Bandera wasn't just man who "fought for Ukrainian independence".

Where have you seen a peaceful protest Ukrainians? In Kiev? Peaceful protest is when three months (December, January, February), the Nazis shot and burned alive unarmed policemen? You call this peaceful protest?

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/veniamin_smel/65365145/600014/600014_original.png

http://img1.1tv.ru/imgsize640x360/PR20140121214747.JPG

Such images - THOUSANDS! Police have hundreds of dead, hundreds injured as a result of this "peaceful protest." I killed two other policemen from the "peaceful protest". One is now in the hospital, he had a broken leg in Kiev grushevsogo. as a result of what you call "peaceful protest." Besides hundreds of police officers - were killed hundreds of innocent civilians killed snaypermi belonging to the organizers of the coup in Kiev.

That these "unarmed Ukrainians" you call "peaceful protest"? Me you cheat does not work, I saw this with my own eyes "peaceful protest." I touched his hands these weapons "unarmed protesters"

Maybe you did not show these pictures of your media. I'll show them. All these photos were taken during the "peaceful protest" in Kiev in December January and February this winter.

http://varlamov.me/2014/orujzhie_maidana/03.jpg

http://kratko-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/революция-в-украине4.jpg

http://img1.1tv.ru/imgsize640x360/PR20140220180407.JPG

http://topwar.ru/uploads/images/2014/917/nmfs145.jpg

http://podrobnosti.ua/upload/news/2014/02/18/959709_3.jpg

http://gorlovka-pravda.dn.ua/images/131312.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd....x720/1528475_455715204528446_1312286168_n.jpg

I really want to hear your comments, why do you call this peaceful protest, and why do you call these Nazis unarmed. You specifically blatant? Or you are wrong and do not know the truth?

And now I will give a simple answer to the question, "Why can not we protest peacefully?".

Because when we protest peacefully without arms - come armed Nazis (Paul showed you already), both in Odessa and just brutally killed 100 peaceful protesters. After that, the rest do not want to protest peacefully. When we protest peacefully, it turns out here is:

http://www.pastinfo.am/sites/default/files/image/6a2121c9b40c8fd3da1c13e374_2cd80419.PNG

http://www.pastinfo.am/sites/defaul...a93c36cddb1ab3147a_2cd40417.PNG?itok=MnH4R9LX

http://nv-news.com/images/image/pogibshiye3.jpg

http://cs618617.vk.me/v618617232/616b/wa-JtuRGNQg.jpg

What do you say about this? How do you advise us to protest peacefully? This is a good plan to resolve the crisis. We will protest peacefully, the Nazis will come and kill us. And when protesters run (you will need to kill a few million people), in Ukraine there will be peace and quiet. Good plan! Tell me what you really think this is a good idea? Or have you got such a bad joke?

You call overtaking a Ukrainian governmental building that lead to the burning as "peaceful protest?" You started using force and caused some Ukrainians to commit crimes. Now you should leave arms and start a dialogue and give peace a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqytqIFCmtk

Ukrainian democracy in action . National Guard arrived in the city of Mariupol Ukraine , brought democracy.

By cries of the crowd can be seen that the Ukrainian national guard here do not want to see . Among other things, again shouting "Fascists " .

Seized on the street a few people ( seen at the end of the video).

Operator shouted: " They take guys ! "

The shooting started , including for people.

At the end of the video - shout : "Wounded ! Ambulance ! " So put in someone.

You are still protesting peacefully ? Lay down their arms ? So people in the video and it did not pick up ! Now, after this just raise ! So who are the criminals in Ukraine? People who really peacefully protesting , or the government, which pays his soldiers ordered to shoot at unarmed people?

These protesters had arms in the protest. They are not protesting peacefully but are trying to block the movements of military. Further there is a cry "Wounded" but they are nowhere to be seen.

1. Look for yourself Anglophone data to any language in any region of Ukraine used. How many people in Ukraine use Russian language in life. These data will be honest.

It is up to you to provide references of your own statements. Why should I bother looking for references of your own statements when I have enough difficulties looking for references for my own statements?

Besides, I provided Anglophone data. It was that of the CIA. On it it says:

Ukrainian (official) 67%, Russian (regional language) 24%, other (includes small Romanian-, Polish-, and Hungarian-speaking minorities) 9%

So only 24% speak Russian after all. A minority in Ukraine doing all this trouble.

2. Ukraine has never been under the grip of Russia. I tell you as a former resident of Ukraine speak.

Ukrainians are not Nazis and fascists. Most of them. I love Ukrainians. I have hundreds of friends Ukrainians. My wife is Ukrainian. But now in Ukraine Nazis came to power.

Spend an international investigation! Punish the guilty! Why do you still do not do it?

We are waiting for you to calm down first. Thus I say, lay down your arms, await the elections, and move on peacefully.

3. Easy! Guys with such swastikas killed and wounded more than a hundred more than 400 police officers in Kiev. None of them has been convicted of the Kiev authorities! Conversely judged police. For that - we did not understand!

These things may be overlooked during crisis, but they may not be overlooked during peace. Lay down arms, create dialogue, and vote.

4. No, you misunderstood. Guys with swastikas were killed and burned many police during protests in Kiev this winter.

All criminals may face trial at one time.

5. Again, you tell me about the election! they will not be honest. Says nothing about the fact that they will be honest.

Nazis killed police in Kiev - and you tell me, "Go to the polls"

Nazis came to power in Kiev - and you tell me, "Go to the polls"

Nazis kill Russian in Ukraine - and you tell me, "Go to the polls"

The Nazis carried out the elections to legitimize themselves! Do not you understand?

Then elect someone who is not a Nazi!

It's not the evidence that militia shoot at whatever moves in sight. On the background we can see trucks and cars and other people who are going to cross the Crimean border. Nobody shoots at them. People who stopped Ostrovski - are Crimean Berkut, Ukrainian anti-riot police squad. They were guarding the Crimean border until Russian Border Guard took control over the check-point about two weeks ago. I suppose they became angry (what is quite intersting) as they saw wether an US ID or an Ukrainian accreditation for work in Ukraine. If they wanted to capture Ostrovski - they could easily do that, but they simply got him out and didn't allowed to enter Crimea.

One more thing I would like to say - this journalist acted like a professional provocateur. If he really wanted to go to Crimea, he had to get the Crimean accreditation particularly and to think more carefully how to move in, in general.

Still arresting a journalist just for asking could be considered as barbaric.

1. Famine was caused by objective reasons. he was all over the country the USSR not only in Ukraine. Russian resulting starved to death many times more than the Ukrainians. No Ukrainians specifically hunger did. This is their propaganda.

I have nothing against the Ukrainians. I have many friends Ukrainians! This wonderful people. The only problem Ukrainian nationalists and illegal seizure of power.

Still many died because Stalin wanted it so. Also the upcoming elections will make it legal.

2. Your naivete is very ridiculous. The change of power occurred for another reason . Protests in Kiev was specially organized and srezhessirovan ! This can be seen with the naked eye !

Burning will not be investigated ! These people illegal Ukrainian government made heroes ! Everything! Burned the police - you're a hero ! Welcome to modern Nazi Ukraine!

Here the first time I agree with you! In Ukraine needs IMMEDIATELY international police force and the international investigation of what happened ! Let these forces produces the UN ! That's right!

Immediately to both Ukrainian side and Russian side.

Only America will not do that. This is disadvantageous to her. will be known to all true. You know why it is still neproizoshlo introduction peacekeepers ? Because America is unprofitable.

Donetsk requests peacekeepers Russian peacekeepers requests! Peacekeepers is not.

What is "neproizoshlo" for Americans?

3. I 've already told you . Odessa protested peacefully . Pictures of what happened to this protest , I sent you . Difficult to peacefully protest against the armed Nazis, who already felt the taste of blood and impunity. You know how the right sector calls its punitive acts of intimidation , when several thousand Nazis come and beat civilians ? " Friendship Train " It's because they are being bullied . We protested peacefully went to rallies in the Crimea. Not even seized government buildings . Then we went to the " Friendship Train " . We had to form a militia and to confront them . Then these trains were coming with guns. We had to take up arms.

You were overtaking buildings and that lead to the burning. The police can become brutal at times. But that usually does not causes people to take arms and create militia against them in other places. Why do you go through that road?

4. NATO - a military organization. it was not created for the world. Better to let the UN come. It was created for the world.

Nah they were useless in the war of Bosnia.

5. Many times you asked me a question, I will go to the polls. No I will not. Firstly Crimea does not want to participate in the Ukrainian elections. We held their referendum and its outcome - We do not want to be Ukraine. Accordingly, no Ukrainian elections in Crimea will not pass. And if I were - I would not go. And no one would have gone

The referendum was staged. Voting a representative leader is the way of democracy, peace, and the rule of law.

1. 1. With each day more and more dissatisfied with the actions of the interim government ( as you call it ) . Mass protests , including armed - only a matter of time . Fair elections will not understand it all , because the Nazis control militants Election Commission. Choose the one profitable Hunte . They even specifically passed a law abolishing the minimum turnout , knowing that the citizens of Ukraine and to the east and west will sabotage the elections . I say , you are provided with incorrect information. from the fact that you do not know Ukrainian and Russian language, you can not get unbiased information from Ukraine . You provide it selectively and interpreted as beneficial to the U.S. government . At this election , I will not go, but I'm sure my voice vote for Poroshenko . Without any of my participation .

Good then. Do not sabotage the elections and vote for Poroshenko in the Ukrainian elections.

2. Tell me, why I can not file tax returns and other documents on the language I understand? In Russian? Why do I have to do it on Ukrainian? Why all the documents I have to fill in Ukrainian? Why can not I watch movies at the cinema in Russian? Why can not I study in the region in Russian? Why should my child to teach Russian literature as "foreign literature"? And "Russian language" as "Foreign language"?

Cause you live in Ukraine. Why else? Further Russian is a secondary official language. If it was revoked it could be put back again but with dialogue, not guns.

3. It's hard to explain to you the whole history of inter-ethnic relations in the Crimea in 2000 years. But believe me, I know her better than you. Deportation of Tatars - controversial issue . here you can argue long. My opinion - you need to act differently. Perhaps the USSR after the war simply did not have resources for that . Anyway , now no one oppresses Tatars . Radiklov 5000 - it is very small for the Crimea . " Majlis " no one takes seriously, even the Tartars .

With regard to national minorities - rights are not infringed Tatars in Crimea. Tatar language is recognized as a national , along with Russian and Ukrainian . I have friends in the lead child Tatar kindergarten. And most importantly - no one humiliates Tatars for their nationality .

If that is true then after all this calms down no one would humiliate Russians for their nationality neither.

Watch the video . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUErOxn6T-Y Ukrainian nationalists make Russian guy shouting " Glory to Ukraine ." Beat him . When he refuses - thrown into the Dnieper . Tell me, at least one forced Tatar attacks shouting " Glory to Russia "? Or can be thrown into the sea for the fact that he refused ?

They do not want to join Russia like you do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eys0fvKqHfc

4. f the United States was anxious about Ukraine - they would not let the Nazis kill Ukrainian Russian in Ukraine.

You speak as if fighting in eastern Ukraine only arrived Russian Cossacks . They are there only about 100 volunteers. A fight against the Nazis there are many thousands of people across the region.

Crimea we saved ourselves. Yes, there was a small number of volunteers from Serbia and Russia . But the best part was the people in the Crimea . In my city of Kerch was a battalion of the national militia . 547 people . One and all were residents of Crimea , Ukrainian citizens ( before the referendum ) . Ethnically, the people's militia battalion was presented and Russian and Ukrainians and Tatars , Greeks, Bulgarians. All of them fought against Nazism Ukrainian shoulder to shoulder. Russian military nobody captured in Crimea Crimea and not occupied . They simply present to Ukraine is not used against the inhabitants of the Crimea army as it (Ukraine) is now doing in the Donetsk region .

I think that was a needless move really. You could have achieved more with a dialogue. Also, quit calling Ukrainian government and forces as Nazis. Those days are gone now.

Vote on the Ukrainian elections meaningless. Imagine that I have captured Washington . I sit and supervise your choices . Running for the U.S. presidency , Putin and Obama . Obama is good, bad Putin . But I'm still worse than Putin . You're voting for Obama, all election results are flocking to me, I correct honest figures on false figures . Everything! Putin won ! Let's say that 99 % of America voted for Putin! Presented? That's Ukrainian election will be held .

During the 23 years in Ukraine there was no one fair elections ! ( In a referendum in Crimea March 16) . Why did you decide that the May 25 elections in Ukraine will suddenly become honest ?

It is under the attention of the international media. Further you could call the OSCE and arrange for real elections. They have been arranging real elections for a decade now.

When you give such as Nicholas on trial - I believe you.

How am I suppose to do that while you exchange fire?

Meanwhile in Ukraine, such as Nicholas - get high positions in the police. Ukrainian government thus encourages the Nazis to their powers to stifle dissent in the east.

The crisis increases demand for such people. The more you calm down and the less of a crisis there is the more people like Nicholas would come out as the bad guys that they are.

I have no faith in the law and the courts in Ukraine , because it is already two months have passed , and that investigations killed in Kiev was not, and never will. But all the evidence destroyed Kievan power. Even the trees were cut down , in which dwelt the bullets of snipers to shoot people . The corpses were buried or burned , ballistic examination is not performed . It is impossible. The same thing happens in Odessa. There will be no investigation. Those Nazis who best kill people - are high-ranking officials in the police force formed Junta . Even punitive battalions called in their honor. Battalion " Timur " . Named in honor of one of the Nazis who killed police in Kiev this winter. Timur commanded this battalion . Battalion sent to suppress protests in Luhansk region .

You are very naive . Do you believe in fairy tales . I see what is happening with my own eyes , I'm sorry , I can not believe in fairy tales . I'll pay you want a ticket. Arrive in Slavic , see with your own eyes !

What you see with your eyes is the present. What I see with my eyes is the peaceful future. I am proposing solutions here for you and do so without profit.

It's terrible that you close your eyes to the crimes of the Nazis in Ukraine.

" You have to kill , and you have to accept and be polite because you are killed in the U.S. interest ."

I understand your position , thank you! This is a terrible position . Probably the U.S. population ( that part of the population , which, like you , said the deaths of thousands of people from other countries in the interests of the country - an acceptable ) - you are a Russian enemy . Same enemy as Ukrainian Nazis . If all people in the U.S. believe like you mean it AGGRESSOR U.S., not Russia .

I show you photos and videos of Nazi crimes in Ukraine , explain that to the east " separatists " just protected from attacking the Nazis , showing videos as they are killed , the Ukrainian military . Simple unarmed people . And you say to accept ?

Your simple unarmed people were armed and were shooting bullets as well as throwing Molotov cocktails to the Ukrainian police.

1. I have shown you that the data on the language they speak in the regions of Ukraine. Official data. If in the Donetsk region on Russian says 86% of the population, as there may be only 20% of Russian?

Yesterday in Mariupol . 50 police officers are on the side of the Russian population , were killed just punishers of the National Guard of Ukraine. Is this normal? They just wanted a referendum. Fair referendum , killed them for it . Along with many civilians . It is democratic ? If Russia supports the minority in the east , which prevents Ukrainian government in Kiev - a compromise ? Cease hostilities , to send observers to call international observers , and to hold a referendum in the region? I answer , because the results of the referendum will be - uniquely in Russia . And you say that all Russian 20%. That's not true .

Look, the situation is complicated. The police is both pro Ukraine and pro Russia. The ones that attack the police are both pro-Kiev/Ukraine, pro-Russian, and Russians in Ukraine. So do not just threw words like "the police were killed" for it is very confusing who may have killed them. Do not assume the answer is clear with that much.

In the whole of Ukraine there are only 17.3% Russians. This is true and you can see from this link:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/up.html

2. Then let us ask the Fallen translate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53RmrJis2Dc

Fallen, would you do the honors?

3. I gave you fotorafii Nazi swastika among the protesters in Kiev. Any flags in black and red colors are flags Nazi organizations . They even called so . OUN-UPA (Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists . - Ukrainian Insurgent Army ) . This is their official name. They do not hide it . Of these people are recruited punitive battalion "Vostok" , "Dnepr- 1", " Kiev- 1" as well as the newly created National Guard of Ukraine. This too, no one hides . Government in Kiev says that the Nazis who killed police three months , and now carried terror in Odessa May 2 - they are heroes !

Any English links that the Ukrainian government makes heroes of criminals? I ask something like the interim President or Prime Minister glorifying criminals such as for instance them glorifying Nicholas who was recorded shooting back then?

4 German nationalists shouting "Heil Hitler!" "Sieg Heil". Ukrainian nationalists shouted "Glory to Ukraine" "Heroes of glory!" This is their official welcome. They do not hide it. Those were the words people were shouting, making a "Volyn massacre." It is their black and red flags. It's their business. They honor those people who staged a "Volyn massacre." Their partrety (Bandera, Shukhevych) that they are on parade, and strengthened in the occupied buildings. How can you turn a blind eye? Turn away and do not see the obvious!

I am trying to make a sense of what the heck is going on. You are biased from your media and we may probably be so too. It takes taking notes from both sources of media and make a decision what happened.

Also, I am not an American. I am a Dardanian Albanian.

5. If these Nazis only shouted their slogans - I would have said nothing. But they operate. They burned in Odessa more than a hundred people. The authorities in Kiev have said - that it was all under the law.

The thing is that for instance those people were overtaking a Ukrainian governmental building when criminals burned them. It is not like they were just rounded up and sent to be burned you know?

6. " Separatists " in eastern Ukraine - lay down their arms immediately , as soon as the Nazis stop killing people. Separatism in the east came in response to Nazism west. People are protected . You offer them to lay down arms and die as peaceful protesters in Odessa? I think people do not want to die.

Yes, so this then calls for international peace keepers then. Best solution if both sides want it to.

People in Crimea exercised their right to self-determination . Why would you want to deprive them of this right ? We held a referendum was attended by international observers , I saw with my own eyes that everything was fair. Now all the people are happy that they are in Russia . Why change something ? You want to and there was a war in the Crimea , in the Donetsk region ? What do not you love us?

There were no international observers there. Provide links that the elections were fair and were under was under the international observers?

For one Tartars did not want to join:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eys0fvKqHfc

7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS-UmmZrXXU try this link. It is important that you look these videos! They are seen as Ukrainian troops with those who do not have weapons.

Okay these did not seem to have weapons and I saw two people fall over there.

Oh, really? Yeah, I'm just forgot that. But stop! Hmm.. 1943? Volyn'? Bandera's people? Here it is: uglich_jj -
I'll not translate all for you. Galichyn with him "team" killed those who are not Ukrainian in Ukraine (and Poles here too).
There is not one example in history that Bandera wasn't just man who "fought for Ukrainian independence".

So Bandero is implicated in that massacre and is held as a hero in Kiev. Plus they have protesters using the same Nazi swastika in protests today. Thus the portrayals as Nazis.

Something is missing here. No one should be that stupid! Wish there was a Ukrainian to share his perspective on this.

I think with this approach, you could say that any article on the Internet written by the person with their own interests. Even news sites, can you imagine?

Ukrainian News sites write that in Ukraine are agents of the NKVD and GRU. So it is written. In fact, they have long been disbanded. Ukrainians believe that Putin personally oversees certain agents that threatened life force people to take to the streets in Donetsk and to be human shields for them. PEOPLE BELIEVE IT!

Where these people are made to go on living under the threat of a referendum? Why are they silent? Believe, I know what kind of people live in the Donbass region. THESE PEOPLE WILL KNEE TO NO MAN! That's why they took to the streets AGAINST the Kievan junta. When they launched the ATO, Donbass were forced to take up arms to protect their children.

Recently, Ukrainian News reported that residents of Chechnya came to the East and just cut indiscriminately. West's people also believe. And you know what's really going on? Every day I see what's happening on the street. All the way around.
Here's a video from Mariupol: Уникально В Славянске украинцы тяжело ранили 12 летнего мальчика 9 мая 2014 - YouTube
So, they are parents a 12 years old boy. Ukraine's army sniper shouted on him when he played on children's playground.
The boy's mother says that the wounds the boy pale rose home (second floor) and said, ' Mom, the playground somebody shouted on me.
Before the arrival of the doctors he had pain shock and he said: don't worry, I will save, I'll live ... Then he lost consciousness. When parents helped boy, sniper shouted one more time, thank God without result (they was in balcony).
Two bullets passed through. One in the stomach, the other in the shoulder (his relative shows it in the video). The grandmother's hysterical, and the grandfather tells her: take it easy!
The doctor said that the operation is made but the damaged joint and soon they will decide what to do with the joint. By the way, there is St. George's Ribbon on boy's jacket.

I think everyone should calm down and criminals indicted to the court of law.

What about WW2. You had in mind that I did not take part in this war, and this is the reason that I can't quite know about it? I talked with participants in the WW2, read documents. Real documents from archives, not American history textbooks. Where can you learn more? You are the son of the head of the secret service of the USSR?
Most likely, that I didn't understand you, or you did not understand me.

Something with Stalin and USSR must have caused Ukraine to fight against him in WW2 and commit such atrocities in that Voleyn massacre.

that is a Eurasia Union from Dublin to the back of Russia.

Well, there's a little glitch in Russia's aspiration, if it is truly what it wants. It's called NATO, which includes three nations armed with nukes to their teeth (USA, UK, France) plus five others hosting ready-to-fire nuclear arms in their territory in the Nuclear Sharing program (Belgium, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, and Turkey). That is, this is so impossible that I doubt Russia would be delusional enough to have it as an objective. If your objective is impossible then it compromises your whole strategy.

I don't doubt that Russia wants to re-establish some sort of Soviet Union and wants to become again a major world player, seeking other alliances to counter the West. But to have as an objective the absorption of Western Europe is so preposterous that it is a non-starter.

Tell me, how do you dominate and occupy a country armed with modern nukes and the full ability to deliver them at will to your main cities? Do you think the Russians are suicidal? Have you noticed that no overtly nuclear armed state has been invaded since 1945 and has only participated in proxy wars? Have you heard the term deterrence? Western Europe is out of reach for Russia and they know it. Maybe they'll try some destabilizing tactics in places like Estonia and Latvia (which would still be a stretch since these former Soviet republics are now NATO members), but to think they could occupy France and the United Kingdom is frankly laughable.

How exactly would they do this? In this day and age of HD satellite images, no major troop movements would go unnoticed so NATO would have plenty of time to react.

So, even not considering the nuclear deterrent, let's look into conventional war. Russia is also badly outmatched in this regard.

Let me tell you how many facilities the US Military maintains in Europe:

US Army:
Germany - 56
Italy - 113
Bulgaria - 2

US Marine Corps
Germany - 1

US Navy
Greece - 1
Italy - 3
Spain - 1

US Air Force
Bulgaria - 2
Germany - 5
Italy - 3
Netherlands - 1
Portugal - 1
Turkey - 1
Spain - 1
United Kingdom - 5

That's 196 bases and installations, and that's just the US - of course the UK, France, Germany, etc., do have their own as well.

Do expect more to be built in Estonia, Latvia, and Poland.

Add to this, America's rapid deploying air carriers and submarines. America has no fewer than 10 Nimitz-class super-carriers (Russia has 1 carrier that is half the size of a Nimitz) and 3 more Ford-class super-carriers under construction, and about 72 submarines (8 more under construction).

France has 1 major air carrier, four ballistic missile submarines, and six nuclear attack submarines, and 31 air force bases in the mainland with 658 super-modern aircraft including two squadrons of Mirage 2000N armed with nuclear warhead missiles.

The United Kingdom has 1 air carrier and 2 landing-platform ships for combat helicopters, 6 missile destroyers and 13 missile frigates, and 11 nuclear-powered submarines.

Italy has two aircraft carriers, 10 major destroyers and 20 frigates, and six attack submarines.

Spain has 1 carrier and 3 submarines. Canada has 4 submarines. Germany has 4 more. The Netherlands have 4 as well. 2 from Portugal. 3 from Turkey.

So, NATO has 18 major air carriers (counting the 3 Ford-class under construction), versus... 1 for Russia, the Admiral Kusnetzov. The poor thing can carry 18 fixed-wing jets - they are trying to refit it to carry 28. Do you know how many a Nimitz-class US carrier can hold? 90. Our Nimitz-class carriers displace 100,000 tonnes while the wimpish Admiral Kusnetzov displaces 55,000. So, just counting our Nimitz-class carriers (not counting the almost ready Fords and the 5 other active NATO carriers, that's 900 jets versus... 18 for Russia.

Russia has about 45 submarines (plus 5 undergoing repairs). NATO has 119 plus 8 under construction.

Oh, and by the way, good luck to a big chunk of the Russian navy for even getting out of the Black Sea in case of conflict. It would have to navigate through the Bosphorus and the Dardanelles straits, surrounded on both sides by NATO member Turkey, getting to be nicely convenient targets for the US air base in Turkey.

So, good luck to Russia, trying to invade Western Europe.

A bit more of comparison US-Russia in armed forces (not counting all the rest of NATO which pretty much doubles the US side):

Military spending
US - $515,400,000,000
Russia - $43,200,000,000

Aerial-based weapons
US - 18,169
Russia - 3,888

Navy ships
US - 1,559
Russia - 526

Aircraft carriers
US - 13
Russia - 1

Destroyers
US - 50
Russia - 15

Tanks and Armored Fighting Vehicles
US - 8,325 tanks, 25,782 AFV
Russia - 15,500 tanks, 27,607 AFV

So, the only asset Russia has more, is tanks (but like I said, I'm not counting other NATO tanks). Turkey alone has 3,657 tanks.

Last edited:
Well, there's a little glitch in Russia's aspiration, if it is truly what it wants. It's called NATO, which includes three nations armed with nukes to their teeth (USA, UK, France) plus five others hosting ready-to-fire nuclear arms in their territory in the Nuclear Sharing program (Belgium, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, and Turkey). That is, this is so impossible that I doubt Russia would be delusional enough to have it as an objective. If your objective is impossible then it compromises your whole strategy.

I don't doubt that Russia wants to re-establish some sort of Soviet Union and wants to become again a major world player, seeking other alliances to counter the West. But to have as an objective the absorption of Western Europe is so preposterous that it is a non-starter.

Tell me, how do you dominate and occupy a country armed with modern nukes and the full ability to deliver them at will to your main cities? Do you think the Russians are suicidal? Have you noticed that no overtly nuclear armed state has been invaded since 1945 and has only participated in proxy wars? Have you heard the term deterrence? Western Europe is out of reach for Russia and they know it. Maybe they'll try some destabilizing tactics in places like Estonia and Latvia (which would still be a stretch since these former Soviet republics are now NATO members), but to think they could occupy France and the United Kingdom is frankly laughable.

How exactly would they do this? In this day and age of HD satellite images, no major troop movements would go unnoticed so NATO would have plenty of time to react.

So, even not considering the nuclear deterrent, let's look into conventional war. Russia is also badly outmatched in this regard.

Let me tell you how many facilities the US Military maintains in Europe:

US Army:
Germany - 56
Italy - 113
Bulgaria - 2

US Marine Corps
Germany - 1

US Navy
Greece - 1
Italy - 3
Spain - 1

US Air Force
Bulgaria - 2
Germany - 5
Italy - 3
Netherlands - 1
Portugal - 1
Turkey - 1
Spain - 1
United Kingdom - 5

That's 196 bases and installations, and that's just the US - of course the UK, France, Germany, etc., do have their own as well.

Do expect more to be built in Estonia, Latvia, and Poland.

Add to this, America's rapid deploying air carriers and submarines. America has no fewer than 10 Nimitz-class super-carriers (Russia has 1 carrier that is half the size of a Nimitz) and 3 more Ford-class super-carriers under construction, and about 72 submarines (8 more under construction).

France has 1 major air carrier, four ballistic missile submarines, and six nuclear attack submarines, and 31 air force bases in the mainland with 658 super-modern aircraft including two squadrons of Mirage 2000N armed with nuclear warhead missiles.

The United Kingdom has 1 air carrier and 2 landing-platform ships for combat helicopters, 6 missile destroyers and 13 missile frigates, and 11 nuclear-powered submarines.

Italy has two aircraft carriers, 10 major destroyers and 20 frigates, and six attack submarines.

Spain has 1 carrier and 3 submarines. Canada has 4 submarines. Germany has 4 more. The Netherlands have 4 as well. 2 from Portugal. 3 from Turkey.

So, NATO has 18 major air carriers (counting the 3 Ford-class under construction), versus... 1 for Russia, the Admiral Kusnetzov. The poor thing can carry 18 fixed-wing jets - they are trying to refit it to carry 28. Do you know how many a Nimitz-class US carrier can hold? 90. Our Nimitz-class carriers displace 100,000 tonnes while the wimpish Admiral Kusnetzov displaces 55,000. So, just counting our Nimitz-class carriers (not counting the almost ready Fords and the 5 other active NATO carriers, that's 900 jets versus... 18 for Russia.

Russia has about 45 submarines (plus 5 undergoing repairs). NATO has 119 plus 8 under construction.

Oh, and by the way, good luck to a big chunk of the Russian navy for even getting out of the Black Sea in case of conflict. It would have to navigate through the Bosphorus and the Dardanelles straits, surrounded on both sides by NATO member Turkey, getting to be nicely convenient targets for the US air base in Turkey.

So, good luck to Russia, trying to invade Western Europe.

You are being ridiculous and are not responding to what was posted. Welcome to my ignore list.

Boo hoo, if Alexa gets a reality check, Alexa sinks his/her head in the sand by placing on Ignore whoever authored said reality check, :lol:.
By the way, I'm so devastated that I'm on his/her Ignore list! (Not!) :roll:

Boo hoo, if Alexa gets a reality check, Alexa sinks his/her head in the sand by placing on Ignore whoever authored said reality check, :lol:.

By the way, I'm so devastated that I'm on his/her Ignore list! (Not!) :roll:

It is not my problem if you have such a one dimensional brain that you take something out of context which you would have seen in context had you had the intellectual interest and ability to look at the link I provided. Instead you ignore everything else said and take some words out of context and use that as your response when the very issue was showing that that may not necessarily be where the attack takes course.

It is impossible to debate with such people. I do not like debating with people like yourself who are so lacking in skills they try to answer what was not said by taking a few words out of context and then come back with a baiting attack. You will go on ignore because you are dishonest and a waste of time. I am not surprised you had problems with people being angry with you at your last forum.

It is not my problem if you have such a one dimensional brain that you take something out of context which you would have seen in context had you had the intellectual interest and ability to look at the link I provided. Instead you ignore everything else said and take some words out of context and use that as your response when the very issue was showing that that may not necessarily be where the attack takes course.

It is impossible to debate with such people. I do not like debating with people like yourself who are so lacking in skills they try to answer what was not said by taking a few words out of context and then come back with a baiting attack. You will go on ignore because you are dishonest and a waste of time. I am not surprised you had problems with people being angry with you at your last forum.

Oh, I thought you had me on ignore. Curious, huh?

Look, I just added some interesting facts to the discussion. There was no interest in baiting or taking things out of context; I just thought that the Russian idea of Eurasia needed a reality check. The point interested me and I did some research on it. There was no attack on you - you just took it personally. You're over-reacting. If you read my other posts on this matter, you'll see that I've engaged in plenty of reasonable debate. But if that's how you want to see me, be my guest, I don't really care. Have a nice life.

------

By the way, unrelated to the above, just adding something to my previous post: I just got a tally of tanks in NATO, adding the other countries' to Turkey's: 10,000 (not counting the US since they'd have to be transported - which *can* be done as in the first Gulf war but it takes time). So, even in conventional war, NATO is already very well armed against possible Russian ambitions - not to forget that with the renewed Russian threat, NATO is likely to upgrade, and NATO nations are likely to, for the first time, take seriously the 2% of the GDP rule, which will, no doubt, increase even more NATO's military advantage over Russia. Over the air and on the seas NATO is overwhelmingly more powerful than Russia. The ground war is more matched, but still, Russia's only advantage (tanks) is not so overwhelming and these days ground war is not the decisive factor because the high technology forces are much more decisive - what good would be a ground invasion if your air force got decimated and your enemy got free to bomb your ground forces from the air, at will?

Now, Alexa thinks this is all off-topic. Of course, when considering the current conflict in Ukraine and its geopolitical implications, comparing NATO forces with Russian forces is very much on topic.

Last edited:
Oh, I thought you had me on ignore. Curious, huh?

you will be
Look, I just added some interesting facts to the discussion. There was no interest in baiting. You're over-reacting. If you read my other posts on this matter, you'll see that I've engaged in plenty of reasonable debate. But if that's how you want to see me, be my guest, I don't really care. Have a nice life.

------

By the way, unrelated to the above, just adding something to my previous post: I just got a tally of tanks in NATO, adding the other countries' to Turkey's: 10,000. So, even in conventional war, NATO is already very well armed against possible Russian ambitions. Over the air and on the seas NATO is overwhelmingly more powerful than Russia. The ground war is more matched, but still, Russia's only advantage (tanks) is not so overwhelming and these days ground war is not the decisive factor because the high technology forces are much more decisive - what good would be a ground invasion if your air force got decimated and your enemy got free to bomb your ground forces from the air, at will?

Now, Alexa thinks this is all off-topic. Of course, when considering the current conflict in Ukraine and its geopolitical implications, comparing NATO forces with Russian forces is very much on topic.

Again not being honest. You pretended to be answering my post.

Jesus! Put me on ignore, already! You do want to have the last say on this, huh? Is that why you keep responding to a person supposedly you're so disgusted with that you're placing the person on ignore (although it was a big over-reaction to *one* point I tried to make and which doesn't contain any personal attack)? Again, be my guest, think whatever you want to think of me, but then, do it already instead of trying to fan the flames of personal attacks.

Look, I put people on ignore when they spam the board or engage in repeated personal attacks. Apparently you put someone on ignore just because the person takes an interest in one point of one of your posts, and adds something to it (which then you deem dishonest and out of context... thin skin, huh?). But if that's how you operate, so be it; like I said for the third time, I don't care. What is tiresome is that you say you put me on ignore but keep responding to me. Let go, already! Gee!

Back
Top Bottom