• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Vote counting = Disgrace

Well...

I have no idea what sw state, other than of constant utter confusion, that you may be describing. However, my state, Florida, is having a bit of trouble counting votes, too.

Well, not the whole state, not 65 counties, but the other two, the ones that seem to be a permanent flub, on purpose, due to incompetence or both... guess which party is in charge

Yep, them dirty ol demo-rats. Again. Same ones. Oh, and...

Being conspicuously ineloquent and sore about it isnt a proper, certainly not winning, debate response... you know that, right?

We counted all the votes, the republicans tried to stop counting once they realized they were losing.

I'm not being ineloquent, I've been telling everyone about how we have done it in AZ. ID to vote, and all mail in ballots are checked against the signature in the database. Youth and women turned out, we sent a message to Trump.

Whenever someone bitches about the vote count...it is because their side lost.

Booo hoooo.

Count every vote...because every vote counts.

I agree, beefheart. But by that same token, whenever I hear talk about "voter suppression" it is because their side lost.

The United States is not Vanuatu or Palau.

Comparing the United States to Vanuatu or Palau is actually an insult -- to Vanuatu or Palau.

We counted all the votes, the republicans tried to stop counting once they realized they were losing.

I'm not being ineloquent, I've been telling everyone about how we have done it in AZ. ID to vote, and all mail in ballots are checked against the signature in the database. Youth and women turned out, we sent a message to Trump.
So you counted illegal votes as well... in your all the votes?

It's a real national disgrace that Arizonans have chosen such a lying deceiver over a true, proven patriot.

Shameful.

But you folks are the ones that kept electing flakes to the Senate. You folks have gone on to elect this ignominious Sinema whose anti-American actions were known well before the election and yet you folks elected her despite that dishonor.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/10/kyrsten-sinema-promoted-a-terrorist-lawyer/

I do hope that your governor appoints McSally to Senator as a partial amends from the state to the rest of us. Your state owes the rest of us an apology.

In my state the repugs tried to sue to stop the count of legally submitted ballots...because they were losing....typical.

The rest of your post is idiotic and inane.

the "Republican" party is the party of voter suppression. as for the signature ****, i'd probably have my ballot tossed, as my signature is different over time. i heard a report on NPR that some states use your voter registration to judge your signature. FFS, i was 18. i'm in my 40s now, and my signature is different.

if you live in a red state, show up and vote in person. otherwise, you might be screwed. also, check your registration status often, especially if you have more than one residence.

the "Republican" party is the party of voter suppression. as for the signature ****, i'd probably have my ballot tossed, as my signature is different over time. i heard a report on NPR that some states use your voter registration to judge your signature. FFS, i was 18. i'm in my 40s now, and my signature is different.

if you live in a red state, show up and vote in person. otherwise, you might be screwed. also, check your registration status often, especially if you have more than one residence.

That's how NY does it. You sign the book, that's it. Don't even have to show any form of ID at all.

That's how NY does it. You sign the book, that's it. Don't even have to show any form of ID at all.

that's a bit different. it used to be that way here, too. you signed, and that was it. however, they didn't have "experts" checking your signature so that they could toss out your legitimate vote.

The election was November 6th and some races are STILL undecided. What an absolute joke. We are not even talking about big times races:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/16/politics/mia-love-Utah-lead-trump/index.html

So Utah's 4th district wont be decided until November 26th because Salt Lake County and Utah County have ballots still not counted.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/11/07/young-kim-slim-lead-gil-cisneros-oc-house-race/

Another disgrace. Young Kim was leading Gil Cisneros by 3,800 votes last week and is now behind 900 votes?

The solution is pretty clear to me. Online voting. Most people are comfortable providing their credit card and SSN info online. Many people file their taxes online. The idea fraud would increase with online voting is unfounded. People can renew their driver's license online.

Let's put an end to this outdated way of counting votes... it is quite embarrassing.

It is.

The amount of gerrymandering, and the racist efforts in so many states to suppress the votes of minorities is disgraceful.

Last edited:
It is important to remember, voting is a privilege, not a right. Deceased people cannot vote. Minors cannot vote. Illegal aliens cannot vote. Homeless people cannot vote. Felons shouldn't be able to vote but some states feel it is necessary.

I kind of envision a secure website online where voters have to confirm their SSN and driver's license to vote. I wouldn't even mind a picture confirmation. My computer logs me in based on facial recognition so the technology is definitely there.

Why can't homeless people vote? Why do you think felons shouldn't be able to vote?
Do you think any US citizen natural or naturalized should have the ability to vote and if so why do you think it's a privilege not a right?

There is no reason not to have moved voting into this
century. I can file and pay my taxes online, renew my driver's license, register to vote (no signature required)...its stupid that we can't actually vote online.

So you counted illegal votes as well... in your all the votes?

It's a real national disgrace that Arizonans have chosen such a lying deceiver over a true, proven patriot.

Shameful.

But you folks are the ones that kept electing flakes to the Senate. You folks have gone on to elect this ignominious Sinema whose anti-American actions were known well before the election and yet you folks elected her despite that dishonor.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/10/kyrsten-sinema-promoted-a-terrorist-lawyer/

I do hope that your governor appoints McSally to Senator as a partial amends from the state to the rest of us. Your state owes the rest of us an apology.

No, there were no illegal votes. Any vote that was contested they would check against the signature, if a mismatch, they would call the voter up on the phone, or visit in person or email.

Don't give me this baloney about a "lying deceiver" that is just pure hyperbolic bilge. McSally was a bad candidate, always negative, always playing to the wignut rubes.

Sinema has done more for veterans and fixing the VA than any other politician in AZ and a hell of a lot more than any other representative, she won because she did a good job in 6 years in congress, your delusions non-withstanding.

Why can't homeless people vote? Why do you think felons shouldn't be able to vote?
Do you think any US citizen natural or naturalized should have the ability to vote and if so why do you think it's a privilege not a right?

You need an address to vote.

The election was November 6th and some races are STILL undecided. What an absolute joke. We are not even talking about big times races:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/16/politics/mia-love-Utah-lead-trump/index.html

So Utah's 4th district wont be decided until November 26th because Salt Lake County and Utah County have ballots still not counted.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/11/07/young-kim-slim-lead-gil-cisneros-oc-house-race/

Another disgrace. Young Kim was leading Gil Cisneros by 3,800 votes last week and is now behind 900 votes?

The solution is pretty clear to me. Online voting. Most people are comfortable providing their credit card and SSN info online. Many people file their taxes online. The idea fraud would increase with online voting is unfounded. People can renew their driver's license online.

Let's put an end to this outdated way of counting votes... it is quite embarrassing.

Yeah...except online voting can be hacked. I'm not sure why you think making sure every citizen's vote is counted is disgraceful, but quite a lot of that sentiment seems to have been coming from the right for some time.

Yeah...except online voting can be hacked. I'm not sure why you think making sure every citizen's vote is counted is disgraceful, but quite a lot of that sentiment seems to have been coming from the right for some time.

No one in this thread has explained to me how voting online is any more less safe than voting in person.

If you "trust" the internet enough to deposit checks via your banking app or open a checking/savings account online, you should be able to trust online voting.

No one in this thread has explained to me how voting online is any more less safe than voting in person.

If you "trust" the internet enough to deposit checks via your banking app or open a checking/savings account online, you should be able to trust online voting.

I trust online banking because there is always a paper trail that can, in principle, be reconstructed, and the FDIC ensures my deposits.

Online voting is very different. If the system is hacked, there would be no paper trail that could be reconstructed. If the voting system were hacked, it wouldn't be one individual's money being stolen. it'd be an entire election, with all that such entails.

No, there were no illegal votes. Any vote that was contested they would check against the signature, if a mismatch, they would call the voter up on the phone, or visit in person or email.

Don't give me this baloney about a "lying deceiver" that is just pure hyperbolic bilge. McSally was a bad candidate, always negative, always playing to the wignut rubes.

Sinema has done more for veterans and fixing the VA than any other politician in AZ and a hell of a lot more than any other representative, she won because she did a good job in 6 years in Congress, your delusions non-withstanding.
You seem to know a lot about who she says she is in front of us, but we all got what she was saying behind the scenes... and what she simply would not disavow.

She help the vets with her anti-war stances, her Local to Global Justice antics, her secret hatred of Arizonans, her backing a citizen who might want to go off and join the Taliban against us?

Hey, she is a modern democrat. What more does the thinking person need to know in the current political environment? She seems like real trouble and will degrade the Senate down the line. But your side does that on a constant basis anyhow, so what's the diff, huh?

You seem to know a lot about who she says she is in front of us, but we all got what she was saying behind the scenes... and what she simply would not disavow.

She help the vets with her anti-war stances, her Local to Global Justice antics, her secret hatred of Arizonans, her backing a citizen who might want to go off and join the Taliban against us?

Hey, she is a modern democrat. What more does the thinking person need to know in the current political environment? She seems like real trouble and will degrade the Senate down the line. But your side does that on a constant basis anyhow, so what's the diff, huh?

Anti-War is a bad thing?....If more politicians were anti-war there wouldn't be 4,400 Dead US Military from Iraq...Who died for nothing...

She was my congressperson for 6 years. She did a great job representing a 50/50 district. She is very well liked here. Look at her record, all the other stuff is just garbage, especially the "taliban" quote, she was on a radio program with an asshole libertarian who kept pestering her, and she said that just shut him the hell up. She doesn't hate Arizonans, she was talking about the dumb rednecks that blot this state. Fact is, she got a lot of Republicans in AZ to cross over and vote for her, and for good reason, she is a good person.

Not that any amount of reasoned defense will be heard and understood by you. Too bad.

I trust online banking because there is always a paper trail that can, in principle, be reconstructed, and the FDIC ensures my deposits.

Online voting is very different. If the system is hacked, there would be no paper trail that could be reconstructed. If the voting system were hacked, it wouldn't be one individual's money being stolen. it'd be an entire election, with all that such entails.

Since there is no paper trail where I live now and the system can be hacked I don't see the difference.

She was my congressperson for 6 years. She did a great job representing a 50/50 district. She is very well liked here. Look at her record, all the other stuff is just garbage, especially the "taliban" quote, she was on a radio program with an asshole libertarian who kept pestering her, and she said that just shut him the hell up. She doesn't hate Arizonans, she was talking about the dumb rednecks that blot this state. Fact is, she got a lot of Republicans in AZ to cross over and vote for her, and for good reason, she is a good person.

Not that any amount of reasoned defense will be heard and understood by you. Too bad.

Blue State America Welcomes her....We knew Arizona could join the rest of the West....

Blue State America Welcomes her....We knew Arizona could join the rest of the West....

The thing is, so many voters here are now independent. We still have a lot of rubes and morons here, but they are dying off.

Back
Top Bottom