• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Puts up $5 Million Reward for Joseph Kony.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
One day after Uganda suspended its hunt for Lord’s Resistance Army leader Joseph Kony, hampering the search for the notoriously brutal warlord, the U.S. on Wednesday offered up to $5 million for information leading to his arrest or conviction.

2013-04-03T183249Z_3_CBRE9321BU400_RTROPTP_2_UGANDA-LRA.JPG

The State Department said it would also pay for similar help in catching two of Kony’s senior lieutenants as well as a Rwandan rebel leader. The money is available under the War Crimes Rewards Program.

Kony is thought to be in the Central African Republic, where rebels seized power last month. Uganda said those insurgents have proved hostile to African-led efforts to find and capture the warlord, who surged to international infamy in part thanks to the "Kony 2012" video (part of a campaign that was itself quite a bit controversial). About 100 U.S. special forces have helped in the manhunt.

“We act so that there can be justice for the innocent men, women and children who have been subjected to mass murder, rape, amputation, enslavement and other atrocities,” U.S. Ambassador-at-Large for Global Criminal Justice Stephen Rapp said as he announced the new bounties.

“With this program we also send a message to others who may perpetrate such crimes: ‘There will be the means to bring you to account,’” Rapp added. A department fact sheet noted that “designated individuals themselves are ineligible to receive rewards, as are U.S. and foreign government officials, including military and police, if the information is furnished while in the performance of official duties.”.....snip~

U.S. puts up $5 million reward for Joseph Kony
The Ticket – 1 hr 37 mins ago.....

hmmm.gif
Here we are putting up 5 million Dollars for this guy and it's not even our Country. We have sent in 100 SF to try and help capture him. They have been there for months and still cannot catch this guy. How much money are we wasting on this individual. Even Uganda itself has given up looking for him. To top it off we will even give out money for his top 2 LTs.

While Sequester Cuts take place we are now offering Rewards to people. Wherein even the host country is not offering anything. Thoughts?

This sums up all I have to say.

$5 Million seems like a pretty small sum for catching somebody whose caused as many deaths as this man has, even if they aren't American deaths. I'm not sure how much more I'd advocate, but if $5,000,000 is all it takes to get rid of him, then I'd be all four it.

Five million divided among a hundred million taxpayers is a nickle.

Take my nickle. Go get him.

I've got a nickle, and about 50 others in the coin jar, for him, and others like him.

Let's see some free market principles in action, eh?

I wonder who'll be caught naked and masturbating in public this time around....

I've got a nickle, and about 50 others in the coin jar, for him, and others like him.

Let's see some free market principles in action, eh?

I thought we are doing that for all those in AQ and on the Terrorist List.....aren't we?

I wonder who'll be caught naked and masturbating in public this time around....

Well with Kony more than likely it will be his boyz after they are done killing some Muslims.....Just Saying! ;)

Back
Top Bottom