• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

U.S. Marines, Iraqi Troops Finish 'Quick Strike' Operation

SKILMATIC said:
I already have I served 2 billits in iraq and 1 in afghanistan. I am also volunteering again to go next summer. I just got out of the Navy and now I have just joined the national gaurd. However, I am doing whats called delayed entry due to my fall college semester. So I will then get my MOS after my semester and go back to the sandbox.

So again you dont know what you are talking about. Seriously, if you really want I can have you talk to a Iraqis family who I have known for quite sometime and they will tell you exactly what I have told you.

I'm not even going to try to explain those things to you further. Go back to school and work on your reading comprehension instead of playing soldier on a tin bucket in the middle of nowhere. LMFAO the Navy. So basically you sat on a ship and watched from the Gulf and you're claiming to have firsthand knowledge of whats going on on the ground. Ha...the national guard. A nice division to claim to be a brave soldier without ever seeing combat. Frankly I don't want to talk to any family who thinks it's safer now to send their kids to school than it was when Saddam was in power because they have to be mentally insane. Kids weren't being blown up at their schools under Saddam. There were no terrorists commiting terrible acts of violence. There were no terrorists blowing up convoys then dragging the burning bodies out and hanging them on a bridge. You really are brainwashed by the war mongoring right.A humanitarian effort was not the reason given for us to go to war. It only became that after all of the others had fallen through..and what happened to your beloved shrubs policy about not nation building? You can't guarentee the insurgency will ever stop. Staying forever is not an option and even if the insurgency did quit for a while they'd just start up again once our armed forces left. Iraqi security forces? HAHAHAHAHA. Yeah and they're made up of the same people who cut and ran when they thought they were gonna lose a battle. Some security force.

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
I'm not even going to try to explain those things to you further. Go back to school and work on your reading comprehension instead of playing soldier on a tin bucket in the middle of nowhere. LMFAO the Navy. So basically you sat on a ship and watched from the Gulf and you're claiming to have firsthand knowledge of whats going on on the ground. Ha...the national guard. A nice division to claim to be a brave soldier without ever seeing combat. Frankly I don't want to talk to any family who thinks it's safer now to send their kids to school than it was when Saddam was in power because they have to be mentally insane. Kids weren't being blown up at their schools under Saddam. There were no terrorists commiting terrible acts of violence. There were no terrorists blowing up convoys then dragging the burning bodies out and hanging them on a bridge. You really are brainwashed by the war mongoring right.A humanitarian effort was not the reason given for us to go to war. It only became that after all of the others had fallen through..and what happened to your beloved shrubs policy about not nation building? You can't guarentee the insurgency will ever stop. Staying forever is not an option and even if the insurgency did quit for a while they'd just start up again once our armed forces left. Iraqi security forces? HAHAHAHAHA. Yeah and they're made up of the same people who cut and ran when they thought they were gonna lose a battle. Some security force.

*Imitating some conservative crony*: "stupid lib, why don't you just hate this country some more"

haha

I agree that going into Iraq was pretty damn unfounded. How many WMD did they find again? I think somewhere Raffarin et al are shaking their heads. Good argument

"There were no terrorists commiting terrible acts of violence. There were no terrorists blowing up convoys then dragging the burning bodies out and hanging them on a bridge. You really are brainwashed by the war mongoring right.A humanitarian effort was not the reason given for us to go to war. It only became that after all of the others had fallen through..and what happened to your beloved shrubs policy about not nation building? You can't guarentee the insurgency will ever stop. Staying forever is not an option and even if the insurgency did quit for a while they'd just start up again once our armed forces left. Iraqi security forces? HAHAHAHAHA. Yeah and they're made up of the same people who cut and ran when they thought they were gonna lose a battle. Some security force."

Humanitarian was a reason given. You, along with the media frenzy for WMD, had and have no care for anything else.

1) Girls as young as 12 were "legally" taken into "specialized" rooms and raped for crimes of the family. I've seen these rooms. These crimes involved anything between talking against the Saddam Regime to not hanging enough pictures of their "leader" in their homes. There is no way to know how many tens or hundreds of 12 year olds lost their virginities to this very common form of "terror."

2) The soldiers under Saddam had complete control of it's sectors and was authorized to use brutality whenever they needed the "training". This involved the massacres of dozens of Iraqis at any given time and their bodies are still being discovered in mass graves on the outskirts of the villages and towns.

3) Kurds and Shi'ites lived in constant fear and in a petrified state, because they, simply, were not Sunnis Arabs.

4) Executing a father, husband, or a son for crimes against the state was common place. Most of the time, the family wasn't given a reason. "Crimes against the state" sufficed.

The most important thing is to have realistic expectations. Iraq will never be Iowa, and Afghanistan will not become Vermont. Do not dismiss them simply because they could not immediately pull it together without the rule of state sponsered rape, murder, and oppression. It is all they have ever known. The operative question is this: Will these countries be better for our intervention? I believe the answer, clearly, is that they already are better. Far from perfect, but better. Few Afghans want the Taliban back, and even fewer Iraqis want Saddam Hussein and his sons back. Today, the people of Iraq, regrettably, still must fear violence from the last, hard-line remnants of the old regime and the insurgency. That is being taken care of. But, overall, the people of Iraq now may breathe and live more freely than ever before. The public hear only about the problems. "Sewage Plant Working Again" does not make a good headline, though an American death does. "Burning bodies from bridges" will always make the news so that our liberal masses can quench their thirst on any attrocity. Thus far, the Shiites, overall, are cooperating to a greater degree than many expected, the Kurds are doing their best to cooperate and support us on many fronts, and even many Sunni Arabs support us. The dead-enders get the headlines. But life is improving in Iraq, every single day.

Iraq will only become a democracy if the Iraqi's join this fight. We can't do it and no amount of additional troops deployed to the country will make it so. Now, we have the firepower and can deploy it without the loss of a single American life to level the Sunni problem areas, but this is not the strategy that will remake this culture. We have to help create a culture that spills it's own blood for freedom. Unfortunately, this means more of our own blood is spilled as well, but if sparking a free society from oppressions and having it spread from Iraq to neighboring countries will offer less terrorists...then it is worth it.

A pessimist offers no solutions...only criticisms and the need for failure.

PS...By the end of next Summer there will be a huge percentage cut of troops in Iraq.

Last edited:
1) Girls as young as 12 were "legally" taken into "specialized" rooms and raped for crimes of the family. I've seen these rooms. These crimes involved anything between talking against the Saddam Regime to not hanging enough pictures of their "leader" in their homes. There is no way to know how many tens or hundreds of 12 year olds lost their virginities to this very common form of "terror."

I meant to write....."tens or hundreds of thousands of 12 year olds".....

I have over 100 stories from foreign and American news organizations detailing the disgusting oppression Saddam had over the population. People cannot and will not convince or plant question in the minds of intelligent and logical people that Saddam did not allow and encourage these horrific events.

Below is a great comment from a stupid drug addict.

"Liberalism by its very definition derives its power from creating more and more ignorant people and keeping them that way." - Rush Limbaugh

This funny, Bush cuts money from education at the request of his corporate buddies and Rush take time between drug fixes to blame liberals.

So then since you are such a professional on world affairs and the art of war. Which by the way, I have no idea how becasue you have never served this great nation in anyway. Instead you smote my very service and accuse me of not knowing whats going on when you have no idea or what each branches of sevice do. First off, you are yet wrong again. The navy does gaurd the seas but we also do a quite a but if logistics work for our great marines and army men who are on the ground. Not to mention some 35percent of the whole navy population there are required(by the rates that there in)serve some time on foot.

2)You are wrong again the national gaurd if you even knew what that is whether it be the air or army is required all enlisties to deploy to various locations around the world and serve a minimal of a year and a half under a 6year contract. However, you would never know this cause you are too busy trying to undermine people who have much more of a clear sense and knowledge of whats going on because unlike some poeple i actually served and instead of sitting on my butt at home I became a part of a solution and a casue. You simply became a part of, well nothing really.

So you are basically saying becasue I sat in a ship on some body of water near the iraqi mainland I know nothing of whats going onland. But yet your a professional on iraqi domestic affairs casue you sit on your butt 10000miles away doing nothing but watch CNN all day? SoI suppose you will yet accuse me again of misconstruing that statement right? Ok now you are truly a lost cause my grasshoppa.

Navy personnel are in country also and they wear our digital utilities with Marine Corps insignia. They fight along side us and take care of us. They rush to our aid when we are wounded and they rush to the aid of civilians and our enemies. They do this in the heat of battle and often times without personal safety. It is common for a Marine to hold a Corpeman back until it is safe for him to do his job. When not in a fight, they worry about us when we look like we've not had enough water or food. They worry about our blisters, burns, and headaches.

They are our Navy Corpsmen.

Because of the superhuman things I witnessed from them, any respect I had for Corpsmen before Iraq was multiplied by a thousand afterwards. They are truly, above the rest of us, war's humanitarians.

Last edited:
dragonslayer said:

"Liberalism by its very definition derives its power from creating more and more ignorant people and keeping them that way." - Rush Limbaugh

This funny, Bush cuts money from education at the request of his corporate buddies and Rush take time between drug fixes to blame liberals.

A link that shows President Bush cut money from education please.......

dragonslayer said:

Navy Pride said:
A link that shows President Bush cut money from education please.......

at the request of his corporate buddies ...

Navy personnel are in country also and they wear our digital utilities with Marine Corps insignia. They fight along side us and take care of us. They rush to our aid when we are wounded and they rush to the aid of civilians and our enemies. They do this in the heat of battle and often times without personal safety. It is common for a Marine to hold a Corpeman back until it is safe for him to do his job. When not in a fight, they worry about us when we look like we've not had enough water or food. They worry about our blisters, burns, and headaches.

They are our Navy Corpsmen.

Because of the superhuman things I witnessed from them, any respect I had for Corpsmen before Iraq was multiplied by a thousand afterwards. They are truly, above the rest of us, war's humanitarians.

Thanks, gunny. Its people like you who are the very backbone of this nation. And if need be I will gladly die serving right next to you and our other courageous and honorable troops. I cant wait to be there again. I love my marines and army and of course the air force. It pains me to not be there. It was a honor to serve with the marines. You will not find a better more professional group of soldiers anywhere in the world.

SKILMATIC said:
So then since you are such a professional on world affairs and the art of war. Which by the way, I have no idea how becasue you have never served this great nation in anyway. Instead you smote my very service and accuse me of not knowing whats going on when you have no idea or what each branches of sevice do. First off, you are yet wrong again. The navy does gaurd the seas but we also do a quite a but if logistics work for our great marines and army men who are on the ground. Not to mention some 35percent of the whole navy population there are required(by the rates that there in)serve some time on foot.

2)You are wrong again the national gaurd if you even knew what that is whether it be the air or army is required all enlisties to deploy to various locations around the world and serve a minimal of a year and a half under a 6year contract. However, you would never know this cause you are too busy trying to undermine people who have much more of a clear sense and knowledge of whats going on because unlike some poeple i actually served and instead of sitting on my butt at home I became a part of a solution and a casue. You simply became a part of, well nothing really.

So you are basically saying becasue I sat in a ship on some body of water near the iraqi mainland I know nothing of whats going onland. But yet your a professional on iraqi domestic affairs casue you sit on your butt 10000miles away doing nothing but watch CNN all day? SoI suppose you will yet accuse me again of misconstruing that statement right? Ok now you are truly a lost cause my grasshoppa.

1. What do I know about the art of war? I study philosophy and, amoung other things, Napoleon, who by the way conquered nearly all of continental Europe and who's tactics are still used by our military. I know quite a bit.Logistics hardly merits being able to claim that you've had firsthand experiance of any battle in this war. 35%. Were you part of that 35%? Were you engaged in a battle over there? If so, which one and how many people did you kill? If so congrats..you've made whatever company that makes body bags a few bucks.

2. Why should I fight for a cause which I don't believe in and which your commander in chief refuses to define? Just because people like you love wielding guns, ending lives, and torture prisoners doesn't mean I should respect you..in fact it means the opposite.

3. The fact that the Iraqi people have been ridden of one tyrannous dictator and have been infiltrated but hundreds possibly thousands of rampaging, murderous, merciless, and lawless terrorists does not make them safer even with the presence of our army. Why? Because unlike Saddam we have not, can not, and will not root all of them out and dispose of them. Any conjecture to the contrary is ridiculous and just plain stupid.

Last edited:
. 2. Why should I fight for a cause which I don't believe in and which your commander in chief refuses to define?

Who's asking YOU to fight? Plenty volunteer every day to do so. What are you words to them?

Undefined? I know. And I spend most of my time in the basement. What's your excuse?

1) I studied astronomy. On Monday I'm going to take a trip to NASA and tell them how to do their jobs. :thumbdown
- Yes
- Yes
- Which one?
- 11 or 12....one I'm not proud of, but it was his fault.

2) Some people need killing. Don't know much about torture, but interrogating prisoners for the safety of fellow Marines and intel was something your precious Napolean did also for his country. What we do comes no where near the practices everyone else does, but feel free to continue to give them a free pass as you bash the policies that have protected this country and it's service members for centuries. The rest of what you say is just irresponsible dribble from someone that has chosen not to be aware of the Middle Eastern growing threat. There is a BIG war coming and it is not because of Iraq. The longer we wait, the worse it will be. We are not at war with Islam, but they have been determined for decades to be at war with us and sooner or later we are going to oblige them. Iraq and Afgahanistan are just fringe battle fields for which militant Islamists are rushing to their suicidal deaths. If there is a Heaven or a Hell, I'm sure Satan is greeting them at the gates.

3) The word is "choice." What's stupid is your notion that when things are bad, a person should do nothing about it for fear that something worse can happen. The reality is that the worse hasn't happened. There have been no creation of Islamic fundamentalists in the Middle East since the war in Iraq began. They were already there. What happens in the Middle East after we leave will be a success or failure of the Iraqi people. It is not our job to "root all of them out and dispose of them". This is an ideology from which only a lifestyle change will move on from. Democracy, starting in Iraq and spreading out, will be what does that. The Iraqi people taking back control of their religion will do that. If they fall back into the Arab disease from which we pulled them from, they have themselves and the rest of the oppressive Middle East to blame. Sad that you think that their former lives were better than the freedoms that they have now...but then again...what do you know? You haven't suffered their lives before and after. You've always had freedom. Now they have a fighting chance for freedom and the right to defend their families. It's not "legal" for their government to come kidnap their daughters and murder their family members anymore. If civil war is what will determine their outcome, so be it. It's over due and our civilians are tired of paying the price for the Middle Eastern oppression.

teacher said:
Who's asking YOU to fight? Plenty volunteer every day to do so. What are you words to them?

Undefined? I know. And I spend most of my time in the basement. What's your excuse?

1. I was responding to a comment made by SKIL. What would I say to them? I'd say that after all of this evidence or lack there of debunking the shrub's claims and the fact that it's an illegal war why are you still fighting? Why aren't you finding a way to the nearest american embassy and comming home? Why are you fighting for a people who wont take up arms and defend themselves? Why do you have faith in an Iraqi force made up of nothing but deserters? Why are you violating the Geneva Conventions? Why are you fighting when most americans no longer support this war? Why do you think it's right to kill someone because "it makes [you]feel good. [And you] want to do it again"? Do you even know why you're there? Is the "rush" of killing some one destroying your common sense?

2. I have no idea what you're talking about. There's no justifiable reason why we should be there. Humanitarian reasons? Thats a bunch of bull. Iraqis were better off under Saddam than the Suudaneese are under their government, than the Iranians, etc.

1. I was responding to a comment made by SKIL. What would I say to them? I'd say that after all of this evidence or lack there of debunking the shrub's claims and the fact that it's an illegal war why are you still fighting?

Seriously...

Is there any valid rason you use the term "shrub"? Do you think this somehow DOESN'T influence what your oppenants in a debate think about you?

Does this make you cool?...Are you laughing to yourself every time you post it?

GySgt said:
1) I studied astronomy. On Monday I'm going to take a trip to NASA and tell them how to do their jobs. :thumbdown
- Yes
- Yes
- Which one?
- 11 or 12....one I'm not proud of, but it was his fault.

2) Some people need killing. Don't know much about torture, but interrogating prisoners for the safety of fellow Marines and intel was something your precious Napolean did also for his country. What we do comes no where near the practices everyone else does, but feel free to continue to give them a free pass as you bash the policies that have protected this country and it's service members for centuries. The rest of what you say is just irresponsible dribble from someone that has chosen not to be aware of the Middle Eastern growing threat. There is a BIG war coming and it is not because of Iraq. The longer we wait, the worse it will be. We are not at war with Islam, but they have been determined for decades to be at war with us and sooner or later we are going to oblige them. Iraq and Afgahanistan are just fringe battle fields for which militant Islamists are rushing to their suicidal deaths. If there is a Heaven or a Hell, I'm sure Satan is greeting them at the gates.

3) The word is "choice." What's stupid is your notion that when things are bad, a person should do nothing about it for fear that something worse can happen. The reality is that the worse hasn't happened. There have been no creation of Islamic fundamentalists in the Middle East since the war in Iraq began. They were already there. What happens in the Middle East after we leave will be a success or failure of the Iraqi people. It is not our job to "root all of them out and dispose of them". This is an ideology from which only a lifestyle change will move on from. Democracy, starting in Iraq and spreading out, will be what does that. The Iraqi people taking back control of their religion will do that. If they fall back into the Arab disease from which we pulled them from, they have themselves and the rest of the oppressive Middle East to blame. Sad that you think that their former lives were better than the freedoms that they have now...but then again...what do you know? You haven't suffered their lives before and after. You've always had freedom. Now they have a fighting chance for freedom and the right to defend their families. It's not "legal" for their government to come kidnap their daughters and murder their family members anymore. If civil war is what will determine their outcome, so be it. It's over due and our civilians are tired of paying the price for the Middle Eastern oppression.

1. Congrats you've blown a hole in someone's head..how commendable.

2.There's a big bold line between interogation and torture. The army is engaging in torturing and physically debasing it's prisoners making it no better than the dictator they deposed. The idiocy of saying that yeah we commit warcrimes but other nations do a better job of breaking the Geneva Conventions speaks for itself. And yes, the Geneva Conventions do apply..I posted the relevant articles in another topic so read them for yourself. No new fundamentalists are being created? Thats a bold faced lie and you know it. There are still training camps and Al Qaeda is still recruiting. You pretend that one day they will run out of suicide bombers and combatents. Middle Eastern Growing Threat? Saddam was nowhere near the capability to strike the mainland or any territory belonging to the United States and the government acknowledged that. There was no threat.

3.We made it our job to root them out when we allowed them to infest Iraq because we didn't seal the borders and we did nothing in preperation. It was like once the US army got rid of Saddam it would be easy street, little purple flowers, and smiley faces. The threat to the Iraqi people should have been the first priority...the threat was far more diluded under Saddam then it is now. Being oppressed and safe is better than being free and blown up. Whats the point in freedom when you're body parts are lying scattered along the roadside? You're right, thats not legal anymore it's illegal and it's happening far more often than it was under Saddam.

Napoleon's Nightingale Carnage time. [QUOTE said:
1. I was responding to a comment made by SKIL. What would I say to them? I'd say that after all of this evidence or lack there of debunking the shrub's claims and the fact that it's an illegal war why are you still fighting?
What evidence? Please no weak ass links. In your own words.
Why aren't you finding a way to the nearest american embassy and comming home?
They signed the paper just as I did once. No one forced them to sign. The oath you take is very explicit.
Why are you fighting for a people who wont take up arms and defend themselves?
Where does that come from. Saddam had a stranglehold on that country. You defend yourself and he raped and killed your mother and sisters. Then he started in on you.

Why do you have faith in an Iraqi force made up of nothing but deserters?
Really? That's the best you got? They deserted an army they were forced into, backing a government they didn't believe in.

Why are you violating the Geneva Conventions?
Which ones? Be specific.

Why are you fighting when most americans no longer support this war?
You get that from polls do you? I'll make that a poll here in a moment.

Why do you think it's right to kill someone because "it makes [you]feel good. [And you] want to do it again"?
The only one on this site that can speak to that is GySgt. And he has stated his views quite cleary. Why don't you ask him that?

Do you even know why you're there?
Are you implying all our military there are uneducated, ignorant louts?

Is the "rush" of killing some one destroying your common sense?
Talk about painting with a broad brush.

2. I have no idea what you're talking about.
Let me say it another way. You say Bush leaves this war undefined? I find his definition quite clear.

There's no justifiable reason why we should be there. Humanitarian reasons? Thats a bunch of bull.
That's part of it. But not the most important reason. The most important reason has been posted by me and those like me over and over. Freedom at it's simplest.
Iraqis were better off under Saddam than the Suudaneese are under their government, than the Iranians, etc.

Tell that to those with the ink stained fingers held proudly high. Who no longer fear their women being taken off the streets and raped with no reprisals. Does your hatred of Bush so blind you to what is going on there?

Class dismissed.

Free the women.

teacher said:
Napoleon's Nightingale Tell that to those with the ink stained fingers held proudly high. Who no longer fear their women being taken off the streets and raped with no reprisals. Does your hatred of Bush so blind you to what is going on there? Class dismissed. Free the women.[/QUOTE said:
You're telling me that a bunch of ink stained fingers is worth more that over 2 MILLION people in the Sudan? Guess what 2 MILLION people are dead because Bush would rather play with fingerpaints in Iraq. Thats more than Saddam ever killed. There were and are far more attrocities going on in the Sudan than Saddam ever commited. So let me ask you again...fingerpaints or 2 MILLION lives. Whats more important?

Last edited:

The Sudan if I'm not mistaken JUST went back to their pre-martial law form of government. Do you think Bush had nothing to do with that? I do. I think it went like this:

Bush: This is what you're gonna do or we treat you like Iraq.
The Sudan: Yes sir.

Outcome: Democracy again. No Americans dead.

Diplomacy failed in Iraq. Had to take the next step there. If you're trying to say if we don't do it everywhere than we shouldn't do it in Iraq. I kinda agree. Just that I think we should go ahead and do it everywhere. Get it over with and let the world be free and prosperous. Or are you saying we should have done that in Sudan instead of Iraq? Why? Both are now Democratic. Or is it like this? By your logic we should go to many African nations, kick ass and take some names. I'm down with that. The more countries with Pez the better. I wonder if any two countries, each with Pez distributerships, have ever gone to war......?

I made 12 points. Noticed you responded to...ah...one of them. Reminds me of the 9/11 thread.

teacher said:
The Sudan if I'm not mistaken JUST went back to their pre-martial law form of government. Do you think Bush had nothing to do with that? I do. I think it went like this:

Bush: This is what you're gonna do or we treat you like Iraq.
The Sudan: Yes sir.

Outcome: Democracy again. No Americans dead.

Diplomacy failed in Iraq. Had to take the next step there. If you're trying to say if we don't do it everywhere than we shouldn't do it in Iraq. I kinda agree. Just that I think we should go ahead and do it everywhere. Get it over with and let the world be free and prosperous. Or are you saying we should have done that in Sudan instead of Iraq? Why? Both are now Democratic. Or is it like this? By your logic we should go to many African nations, kick ass and take some names. I'm down with that. The more countries with Pez the better. I wonder if any two countries, each with Pez distributerships, have ever gone to war......?

I made 12 points. Noticed you responded to...ah...one of them. Reminds me of the 9/11 thread.

I'm saying that a REAL humanitarian effort was in order. Iraq could wait. 2 million lives were on the line and Bush just sat there watching from the sidelines. All that bs about oh yeah humanitarian effot woo hoo Iraq democracy. While he was busy painting fingers in Iraq millions were being slaughtered in the Sudan screaming for our help. So let Saddam slap around some people for a couple years. The massacre of over 2 million people who are asking for our help is FAR more important. Yet another reason why I think the Iraq War is hogwash. He favors those who don't ask for our help who want it but dont ask over 2 million lives which depended on it.

Last edited:
I'm saying that a REAL humanitarian effort was in order. Iraq could wait. 2 million lives were on the line and Bush just sat there watching from the sidelines. All that bs about oh yeah humanitarian effot woo hoo Iraq democracy. While he was busy painting fingers in Iraq millions were being slaughtered in the Sudan screaming for our help. So let Saddam slap around some people for a couple years. The massacre of over 2 million people who are asking for our help is FAR more important. Yet another reason why I think the Iraq War is hogwash. He favors those who don't ask for our help who want it but dont ask over 2 million lives which depended on it.

So if we had rolled troops into the Sudan you would have been okay with that? How about Rwanda next then? I say let's roll. Were the good guys.

And only those that ask for our help? How about half the Arab community that dare not publicly ask for help. The women.

And at what number of slaughtered do you draw the line? Or should it be the most slaughtered first serve? Answer the first question most importantly. Be careful. It might be a trap.

teacher said:
So if we had rolled troops into the Sudan you would have been okay with that? How about Rwanda next then? I say let's roll. Were the good guys.

And only those that ask for our help? How about half the Arab community that dare not publicly ask for help. The women.

And at what number of slaughtered do you draw the line? Or should it be the most slaughtered first serve? Answer the first question most importantly. Be careful. It might be a trap.

The most urgent and the most neccessary. Interfiering in the Sudan was a necesity and yes with troops. Millions were being slaughtered and all Bush did was say oh what a shame how sad. But when Saddam slaps around a few people it's GUNGHO OFF TO WAR WE GO! Tell the Arab community they can grow some balls and take a seat on the back burner. Firm governments are not formed by foreign nations while that country's citizens sit down and grab their opera binoculars and occassionaly get up and go to vote. The people need to win freedom for themselves they need to earn it for themselves not expect someone to deliver it on a silver platter and a mound of dead bodies. It's not won through cowardice its won through courage. The students of Iran are the kind of people needed in Iraq..marching, demonstrating, shouting at the top of their lungs at their government for freedom and democracy and despite their oppression and torture they come back and do it again and again. If the Iraqis were too afraid to do it on their own then they weren't ready. And YES the monstrous humanitarian crimes do come before nation building. Saving 2 million lives from genocide IS FAR more important than installing a democracy in some 3rd world despot. The Iraqis weren't going anywhere but the Sudaneese were. They were fleeing for their lives by the millions as they were screaming and begging for our help. And what did we do? We leaned back with our opera binoculars and watched.

Last edited:
"The most urgent and the most neccessary. Interfiering in the Sudan was a necesity and yes with troops. Millions were being slaughtered and all Bush did was say oh what a shame how sad. But when Saddam slaps around a few people it's GUNGHO OFF TO WAR WE GO! Tell the Arab community they can grow some balls and take a seat on the back burner. Firm governments are not formed by foreign nations while that country's citizens sit down and grab their opera binoculars and occassionaly get up and go to vote. The people need to win freedom for themselves they need to earn it for themselves not expect someone to deliver it on a silver platter. It's not won through cowardice its won through courage. The students of Iran are the kind of people needed in Iraq..marching, demonstrating, shouting at the top of their lungs at their government for freedom and democracy and despite their oppression and torture they come back and do it again and again. If the Iraqis were too afraid to do it on their own then they weren't ready. And YES the monstrous humanitarian crimes do come before nation building. The Iraqis weren't going anywhere but the Sudaneese were. They were fleeing for their lives by the millions. And what did we do? We leaned back with our opera binoculars and watched."

U.S. Marines have been in the HOA since last year. U.S. Marines and Navy S.E.A.L.S. are always flying in from ships and executing missions of security and defense against ethnic cleansing from guess who.....Fundamental Islamists Arabs. People just don't get it. They are the Nazi's of our time, except their leader is "Allah". The question should be...where is Europe, since this is also there argument.

I’ve had to do some work in Africa (Somalia, Sudan, western parts of the continent) also.

The old imperialists of Europe believed Africans were too backward to govern themselves, whereas today we are often unwilling to assign them full moral culpability for their evil deeds. But culpable they are. The wars in these places are nothing short of a complete societal breakdown. Social organization doesn’t completely collapse; it merely fragments into smaller and smaller groups.

1) Somalia’s descent into anarchy was caused primarily by competing warlords who refused to unite or compromise in the public’s interest, even when a massive U.N. intervention backed by American troops offered a bonanza of incentives. After the rest of the UN hauled ass and the day after Clinton ordered the American troops to cut and run, Aidid began his murderous offensive.

2) Rwanda’s nightmarish slaughter was carefully plotted by Hutu leaders from all walks of life, and carried out with a unanimity of purpose that is bewildering even to the participants. No system of genocide ever devised has been more efficient: The daily kill rate was five times that of the Nazi death camps

3) The Sudan is in the grip of three warring factions, two of which are led by men who see themselves as instruments of divine purpose.

Colonial attitudes may have had a historical hand in shaping notions of Hutu superiority, international aid may have inadvertently contributed to the destruction of traditional Somali nomadic culture, and American and Israeli opposition to the spread of Islamic fundamentalism has no doubt bolstered the factions warring against the mullah-backed regime in Khartoum; but such external influences are not the primary causes of the conflicts in these countries. They suffer, as much of modern Africa does, the curse of the strongman — all those ruthless, well-armed individuals who form private armies strictly to further their own ambitions for wealth and power. These men prey upon ignorance, superstition, and old tribal fears to prop up their “kleptocracies”, and too often find support from Western governments whose interests have little to do with the common African good.

Competing strongmen are behind the seemingly endless war in the Sudan. This 45-year-old civil war became overtly religious only with the rise of Islamic fundamentalism in the 1990s. It has since mellowed, in part because of external pressure and in part by a decided lack of popular enthusiasm, but the war against the south continues, as does support from Iran and Islamic fundamentalists in the region.

The problems in Africa must ultimately be solved by Africans, not because the rest of the world shouldn’t care, but because only Africans can. We have been witnessing the beginnings of this kind of breakdown in the Middle East. They are headed to this sort of societal breakdown, and just like Africa, fundamental Islam and it’s need for power over others, will be at the heart of it. They too need to step up and solve their own problems. It’s amazing how the Islamic Arab is the oppressive force in both regions yet so many cannot see the growing problems.

We have ignored the rise of militant Islam for decades and it is still being ignored by individuals that are looking for lone terrorists to blame. Further, Europe and our liberal masses “exploit” Africa’s dilemma as a means to prove that America really doesn’t care about real suffering. American troops led the charge in Somalia and were the last to leave after the Pakistanis (I could write on their unprofessional murderous band as well). American Marines are currently in the Sudan with the aid of a few German military companies and no one else. American Marines are currently training western African militaries along side some German troops to combat this growing Islamic killing machine. It’s time for people to recognize that fundamental Islam has long taken the Nazis place as the number one scourge against humanity.

……where is Europe?

Back
Top Bottom