• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

U.S. Marines, Iraqi Troops Finish 'Quick Strike' Operation

SKILMATIC said:
O well while were at it we miles well just have never entered WW1 or WW2 either. Hey it wasnt our people that were at war so why is it our problem. O Japan didnt mean any real harm when they bombed pearl it was not that bad. Hey the jews extermination isnt our problem either. We should just let them be.

Who are you? Are you like Hitler reincarnated? Im serious begining to beleive this. Sorry for being rash but it is appauling to me to know that you truly beleive that genocides like these that are hapening is no ones problem.

Which is worse? One bad dictator who occassionaly abuses his power to harm his own people or a large number of terrorists blowing up school chidren every other week.

Again you are going off tangeant that had nothing to do with anything that we are talking about. And you know it. Sadaam would never invade casue like you said we have a base there already. So that view is already shot down thank you very much.

And the base we have there is a multi task AFB with some great sam sites. Theres no way iraq could penetrate and take over saudi and screw up our economy. Becasue unlike some people we give a dam whats going on in the world and we will intervene if necassary. Get it through your head. What happens in the world affects one way or another or will.

SKILMATIC said:
Napoleon, you dont know anything becasue you have never been there and its obvious to me you have never held a conversations with some one who is iraqi who has lived there. If you want I can get my friends number for you and you can speak to him directly.
I want you to get off this concocted view that things in iraq are so bad.

Why would I want to go to a third world despot? You think that car bombs going off every week blowing up soldiers and school children is not so bad? Tell it to the families of the dead.

O I get it lets sacrifice one so we donthave another.

So that makes it ok?

Ok wel let me tell you this, what if you had opposing views to sadaam and he was after to kill you? And america had the military muscle to squash him. Under your opinion we should care less of your life and the lives of your country men. And just let him runamuck as he pleases.

Yeah great argument napoleon. You are really full of objectiveness.

SKILMATIC said:
Again you are going off tangeant that had nothing to do with anything that we are talking about. And you know it. Sadaam would never invade casue like you said we have a base there already. So that view is already shot down thank you very much.

And the base we have there is a multi task AFB with some great sam sites. Theres no way iraq could penetrate and take over saudi and screw up our economy. Becasue unlike some people we give a dam whats going on in the world and we will intervene if necassary. Get it through your head. What happens in the world affects one way or another or will.

Thats not true..it doesn't take an army to blow up an oil pipeline. All it takes is a covert operation. You know as well as I do that their really aren't any border crossings in the middle east other than little shacks in the middle of the desert.

SKILMATIC said:
O I get it lets sacrifice one so we donthave another.

So that makes it ok?

Ok wel let me tell you this, what if you had opposing views to sadaam and he was after to kill you? And america had the military muscle to squash him. Under your opinion we should care less of your life and the lives of your country men. And just let him runamuck as he pleases.

Yeah great argument napoleon. You are really full of objectiveness.

It's called the lesser of two evils. You're a moron if you think that a ton of terrorists running amuk blowing up children, adults, and soldiers on a weekly basis is better than ONE man OCCASSIONALLY..doing harm to his people. If I had opposing views to Saddam and I lived in his country I wouldn't be stupid enough to scream them on the streets. I'd either just leave the country or keep it to myself.

Napoleon, more people die by drunk driving then people have died in car bombs. I think you are undermining everything by your own argument.

I think you know how I feel about the car bombs and school children. In no way do I condone this. But you want to blame america for the actions of the terorists who planted the bombs in the cars? So I get it now it was all americas fault for all the terorists acts that occured in the world.

I get it now you are a communist radical who hates america anyway. Well why dont you move to another country if you dont like america and what we are all about?

SKILMATIC said:
I want you to get off this concocted view that things in iraq are so bad.

Imagine if you had a meeting with EVERY general whom ever lived, and you told them that you have been involved in a country-wide war on other land's soil that has lasted over two years...

How would the generals react when they ask "How many thousands of your soldiers died during this war?" and you answer "less than 2"?

You cant leave the country becasue it is a tyranical regime who has put alock on you. So more or less you are screwed and it makes sadaam ok becasue he wants to do what he wants every now and then.

Lets do the math for you people who have been killed by car bombs: est. 500

People who hav e been kiled under the hand or influence of sadaam: est.over a million

Yeah your wright lets pick the lessor of 2 evils, simple mathematics would choose sadaam(moron).

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
If I had opposing views to Saddam and I lived in his country I wouldn't be stupid enough to scream them on the streets. I'd either just leave the country or keep it to myself.

And in the meantime your kids are dead because Saddam used the "food and medicine" money on building new palaces for himself.

but u miss the point. Why Iraq. Why not Pakistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, or any other country that actually has fundementalist roots. Iraq didn't. Thats why I thought it wasn't relevant to the War on Terror. Sadaam wasn't a fundementalist, he was only a crazed tyrant who ruled through mostly secular means.

SKILMATIC said:
Napoleon, more people die by drunk driving then people have died in car bombs. I think you are undermining everything by your own argument.

I think you know how I feel about the car bombs and school children. In no way do I condone this. But you want to blame america for the actions of the terorists who planted the bombs in the cars? So I get it now it was all americas fault for all the terorists acts that occured in the world.

I get it now you are a communist radical who hates america anyway. Well why dont you move to another country if you dont like america and what we are all about?

You have a bad habit of putting words in my mouth. Do I blame america for it? YES BECAUSE IT WOULDNT BE HAPPENING IF SADDAM WAS STILL IN CHARGE AND AMERICAN TROOPS WERENT THERE. As far as terrorist acts... we're not directly responsible no. But we certainly gave Bin Laden a reason to hate us. After the Afghanistan's war with Russia and after promising that we'd help them rebuild America decided to let them rot in the rubble and watch as the Taliban took over. Our inacction, indecisiveness, and broken promises add fuel to the fire for terrorists. That is a point you MUST conceed. I didn't undermine a darn thing. The Iraqi people were better off with an evil dictator whos crimes were few than they are with an incalculable number of terrorists running around blowing people up, blowing buildings up, taking people hostage, threatening the government etc etc ad infinitum. They have 0 security. You can't tell me that building a wall and fence around a few blocks and calling it the green zone makes Iraq a safer place than it was during Saddam's reign.

Look, you just said that we should never intervene in others affairs and now you say it was our fault that we didnt meddle in others affairs as to why bin laden hates america. You are truly a troubled person.

You need to go to iraq before coming up with senseless assumptions that make no ounce of any sense. Iraq is a much safer and better place my friend.

If you cant understand that then there is truly no hope for you to understand anything.

Like someone said yesterday you are a lost cause. Open your eyes and really see whats taking place in iraq today. I mean it is unprecedented elections have never taken place there. And democracy will prevail there. Will the car bombs or other terrorists acts stop? Prolly not, but at least we
are doing something about it in the world.

If you want to stick your head in a whole and forget that anything is happening then so be it. But there are several other millions of americans and iraqis who differ.

again.. why the hell did we go in if there were countries on par with Iraq in inhumane acts, had WMD programs, were actually fundementalist, and pertained more to the war on terror. I mean its a good thing we went in, but isn't it the wrong time, when our focus was the fundementalism and terrorism? Why not go into Sudan? It doesn't pertain to the war in terror, but we'd be fightin for freedom..

nkgupta, now your getting it. We should go into all those other countries and dont forget korea as well, and I think its a just cause to do so. And I think we should clean africa up as well. Why? Cause that will alleviate alot of the pain staken desease-spread all over the world. And it will give us communication and alliances all over a continent that has been so shun from the rest of the world. Plus Africa is home to more than 370,000,000 people I think. Well somehwere around that number. And africa will be the answer to all of our so called debt problems cause I hear africa is home to quite a few diamond resources, so ive heard.

we seriosuly don't have the money, resources, and most importantly lives to fight that many wars, I wish we did... secondly I borught up the point because we had something more pressing on the agenda: Islamic fundementalism and extremist terrorist groups. But instead we were diverted to Iraq.

And africa will be the answer to all of our so called debt problems cause I hear africa is home to quite a few diamond resources

haha and all controlled by one company...

Which is why I said we should clean up africa and even some parts of asia. Look, we have more money and lives then you can possibly imagine to fight a war like that. Now days we have alot of high-tech weaponry that alleviates alot of the pain-staken loss of life.

Like I said before we fought 2 WW's on several different fronts. I dont think fighting abunch of tribes will be that much of a headache. I am a military strategist and have been studying the art of war basically most of my able-reading life. And a war with africa and the rest of the middle east will be just as easy just more costly. It will obviously cost us more money and obviously more lives. But the length of terrorism will be extensively decreased.

Let me make it quite clear to you people, the way you get rid of terrorism is you cut the ability to do so. How do you do that? You cut its assets and money. How do you do that? You go into nations where they have strongholds and drug harvest plantations and you cease and destroy everything.

These guys are even in our own nation. The only way to get ahold of these people is making them tell us where there hiding and planing the only way to do this is by hypnotical persuasion(which is governed cause they dont lie under the g-convention). One dosage will give us all the info we will need. And its not inhumane. We will then know everything there is to need to know about these organizations then we can root them out one by one dong a huge world-wide sweep with the help of all other nations this terorist fad wll be terminated.

Any questions?

Al right I think I am figuring this quote text thingy out

Now if I can just figure out how I put the originally posted by so and so thingy ill be doing good

SKILMATIC said:
Look, you just said that we should never intervene in others affairs and now you say it was our fault that we didnt meddle in others affairs as to why bin laden hates america. You are truly a troubled person.

You need to go to iraq before coming up with senseless assumptions that make no ounce of any sense. Iraq is a much safer and better place my friend.

If you cant understand that then there is truly no hope for you to understand anything.

Like someone said yesterday you are a lost cause. Open your eyes and really see whats taking place in iraq today. I mean it is unprecedented elections have never taken place there. And democracy will prevail there. Will the car bombs or other terrorists acts stop? Prolly not, but at least we
are doing something about it in the world.

If you want to stick your head in a whole and forget that anything is happening then so be it. But there are several other millions of americans and iraqis who differ.

You obviously have serious problems reading other people's writing without distorting it into what you want to read otherwise you would have read what I've been writing in it's proper context. WE WERE ALREADY INVOLVED with another countires affairs and making promises then breaking them it's those out of many things that made 9/11 happen. Not minding our own buisniness and not delievering on our promises.
"Iraq is a much better and safer place" thats a bunch of bull crap. Kids being blown up, soldiers being shot at and blown up, people being kidnapped and executed, buildings and oil pipelines being sabatoged, bombs planted along the road side, anyone with any decent amount of money leaving for Jordon, ad ifninitum and without any end to it in sight. If you think all of those things make for a safer Iraq when compared to the few and far between actions of Saddam then you are an imbecil plain and simple.
All this death and destruction just so you war mongoring right wing nut jobs can play firsts in the middle east. All this talk about how dying for your country is honourable..why dont YOU go over there and die? You seem to think that blindly going into war because someone told someone who told someone who told us that Iraq might attack the US 50 years from now if they ever get out of their 3rd world status is ok. So go ahead. Enlist. Fight. Die since you think it's so honorable. I dare you.

Last edited:
You obviously have serious problems reading other people's writing without distorting it into what you want to read otherwise you would have read what I've been writing in it's proper context

Look, at what you said. You just said that becasue we didnt help the afghans back in the russian and afghan war to help them reconstruct they got mad at us which is true. So we shouldve intervened thoroughly and done it. Now they got mad, but now they are very happy, not to mention we are still in afghanistan. I dont know how that was misconstruing anything that you wrote.

WE WERE ALREADY INVOLVED with another countires affairs and making promises then breaking them it's those out of many things that made 9/11 happen. Not minding our own buisniness and not delievering on our promises.
Your right we also made a promise to the iraqi people that we wouldnt leave them like we did in the gulf war. So I guess you want us to break another promise? The iraqi people also wanted us to finish off sadaam when we had the chance in the gulf war. So they want us there and they are glad we are there.

Kids being blown up, soldiers being shot at and blown up, people being kidnapped and executed, buildings and oil pipelines being sabatoged, bombs planted along the road side, anyone with any decent amount of money leaving for Jordon, ad ifninitum and without any end to it in sight. If you think all of those things make for a safer Iraq when compared to the few and far between actions of Saddam then you are an imbecil plain and simple.

Again that was more senseless BS and trying to justify the lessor of 2 evils. You make no sense and you have no argument. Your argument is the same that of the democrats and the american people know better. Just becasue there are car bombs or kids being blown to peices that is not our fault. Get it through your head!!! And sadaam was much worse than these little instances that are happening. Get it through your head!!!

You seem to think that blindly going into war because someone told someone who told someone who told us that Iraq might attack the US 50 years from now if they ever get out of their 3rd world status is ok.
Umm they had the 4th largest military and arsenal in the world. Talk about 3rd world. Also again its obvious you dont know anything about Iraq other than what you hear from someone that told someone that told somene that heard from someone blah blah blah. Iraq has a very well humanely setup infrastructure. They have basically everyhtung you and I have(well kinda). They have all the usual utilities, transportation system, and everyday activities. Again its pure to say that you dont know whats going on there.

So go ahead. Enlist. Fight. Die since you think it's so honorable. I dare you.
Today 05:59 PM

I already have I served 2 billits in iraq and 1 in afghanistan. I am also volunteering again to go next summer. I just got out of the Navy and now I have just joined the national gaurd. However, I am doing whats called delayed entry due to my fall college semester. So I will then get my MOS after my semester and go back to the sandbox.

So again you dont know what you are talking about. Seriously, if you really want I can have you talk to a Iraqis family who I have known for quite sometime and they will tell you exactly what I have told you.

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
Yes, ignoring the happenings within someone elses border is not a bad thing. The world is certainly more dangerous now that we've taken over Iraq. Where is Osama Bin Laden?? If Bush really feels the need to stomp all over the soveirngty of a foreign nation then he should have finished the job he started in Afghanistan. And now what do we get? Afghanistan is carved up by drug lords, Bin Laden is MIA, and Iraq is in shambles. Maybe in your opinion he deserverd it but Iraq was a soveirgn nation. The U.S. doesn't like other nations meddling in our affairs so why should we do it?

Things were not handled with enough foresight or planning surely, especially in Iraq. More support should have been garnered before entering the country; our relationship with many of our longtime European allies has soured. How long has it been since Bush has spoken with Jean-Pierre Raffarin? "It's not a game, it's not over." Anyone remember that? Pretty prophetic words if you ask me (even though it was said while Hussein was still in power). I'll give you that, things have been handled pretty poorly.

And I tend to agree with you that no nation should "police" others under most circumstances. After all, democracy is based a government of the people and thus it is counterintuitive (or brainwashing) to try and impose it on someone. That being said, I think that a good case can be made that the Afghanistan situation was one of those rare circumstances where foreign intervention could, COULD, produce a positive outcome. As per the examples I gave before, foreign intervention is sometimes a necessity to prevent catastrophe.

Back
Top Bottom