• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

U.S. Marines, Iraqi Troops Finish 'Quick Strike' Operation

Ok who invented the car again? :doh O I guess you forgot about that. Who invented the plane? :doh I think mabe your so called ingenious mozarts forgot that too. Who invented the cotton gin? :doh Who invented the telephone? Who invented the assembly line? Who invented the steel plow? Who invented the steam boat? I can go on and on. It is on this basis that the germans could manufacture better goods and cars, but they still arent the best.

Do you care to argue about those facts? :roll:

Furthermore, their precious stukas were in no way a match for the p51 mustangs or the spitfires. Although they were the first to test rocket power we still were the ones who perfected it. And einstien came to america remembered? Yes germany threatened him away but why do you think he remained here? I think its casue he might of thought america was a better place to live? Gee what a concept I think mabe its casue this is how you feel as well.

SKILMATIC said:
Ok who invented the car again? :doh O I guess you forgot about that. Who invented the plane? :doh I think mabe your so called ingenious mozarts forgot that too. Who invented the cotton gin? :doh Who invented the telephone? Who invented the assembly line? Who invented the steel plow? Who invented the steam boat? I can go on and on. It is on this basis that the germans could manufacture better goods and cars, but they still arent the best.

Do you care to argue about those facts? :roll:

Furthermore, their precious stukas were in no way a match for the p51 mustangs or the spitfires. Although they were the first to test rocket power we still were the ones who perfected it. And einstien came to america remembered? Yes germany threatened him away but why do you think he remained here? I think its casue he might of thought america was a better place to live? Gee what a concept I think mabe its casue this is how you feel as well.

Germans invented the car. A German invented the theory of relativity. Germans invented machine guns. A German invented the printing press. Etc etc ad infinitum. I'll point out something you yourself point out..America has invented VERY FEW things. It's simply stolen the inventions of other countrys, made more of them, and tried to improve them. Maybe Einstein stayed here for the same reason a great deal of other foreign scientists did. Many foreign scientists were forced to develop a nuclear bomb.

german scientists probably discovered most of the ideas that go behind the technologies you listed that were developed in the US.

I think its casue he might of thought america was a better place to live? Gee what a concept I think mabe its casue this is how you feel as well.

only because of anti-semitism. When such feelings weren't so heightened, Germany was the scientific center of the world.

Yeah and the germans also invented Nazism too. Yeah what a bunch of great individuals. We didnt threaten the inventors to make a bomb like the germans did. Why do you think einstein came here in the first place nimrod? Dont you know that peice of history? And the germans didnt invent the car they invented a motor on wheels which in all technicality that coulda been a train. It was the Americans who invented the car and the mass production of such an invention. I could invent a motor on wheels and call it a motor-skateboard. Get the facts straight. And the printing press was actualy invented in China around 868ad the books name was Diamond Sutra. However, this printing press wasnt a replaceable or fixable press. The first fixable and mass used type of press was that of Johannes gutenberg who invented that press in 1440. A matter a fact if you want to get technical alot of the modern inventions were ideas from the asains. Mostly that of china and japan.

SKILMATIC said:
Yeah and the germans also invented Nazism too. Yeah what a bunch of great individuals. We didnt threaten the inventors to make a bomb like the germans did. Why do you think einstein came here in the first place nimrod? Dont you know that peice of history? And the germans didnt invent the car they invented a motor on wheels which in all technicality that coulda been a train. It was the Americans who invented the car and the mass production of such an invention. I could invent a motor on wheels and call it a motor-skateboard. Get the facts straight. And the printing press was actualy invented in China around 868ad the books name was Diamond Sutra. However, this printing press wasnt a replaceable or fixable press. The first fixable and mass used type of press was that of Johannes gutenberg who invented that press in 1440. A matter a fact if you want to get technical alot of the modern inventions were ideas from the asains. Mostly that of china and japan.

How impertinent of you to belittle a nation's great deal of contributions to the world just beacuse you want to play the America is better than anyone game. Without France America wouldn't exist.

Likewise, and without America France and the rest of the world wouldnt exist multiply by 2. The only reason why frnace aided in our war for independence was that of the already anti-english sentiment. They were already fighting amongst each other before they helped us. Not becasue they wanted to actualy do some good and help us. Get that through your head buddy.

SKILMATIC said:
Likewise, and without America France and the rest of the world wouldnt exist multiply by 2. The only reason why frnace aided in our war for independence was that of the already anti-english sentiment. They were already fighting amongst each other before they helped us. Not becasue they wanted to actualy do some good and help us. Get that through your head buddy.

Thats not true at all. Louis XVI was giving money to the continental congress as were many aristocrats despite the fact that France was already bankrupt. I'll also point out one special case. Beaumarchais gave millions of francs, many guns, amunitions, and cannons to the continental congress and had a signed contract from the conress stating that he would be fully rembursed. The continental congress only awarded less than 2/3 of that money back to Beaumarchais and informed him that despite the contract they wouldn't be paying him back the rest of the money and told him and his family to shove it. Yeah thats a great start for such self-righteous nation. Lies and deceit from the begining.

Yeah and the germans also invented Nazism too. Yeah what a bunch of great individuals.

And that means that Germany is crap.....

Why do you think einstein came here in the first place nimrod?

Because he was threatened by the political and anti-semetic pressures in Germany. But Germany wasn't always like this. You talk like Nazi Germany is a summary of all Germany culture and politics in the last two hundered years. Einstein wasn't great only during WWII... he came up with most of his ideas many years before, in Germany.

And the germans didnt invent the car they invented a motor on wheels which in all technicality that coulda been a train.

The first practical automobile was invented by Benz who was german...his invention was certainly not a motor on wheels.
quoted from about.com:

In 1885, German mechanical engineer, Karl Benz designed and built the world's first practical automobile to be powered by an internal-combustion engine. On January 29, 1886, Benz received the first patent (DRP No. 37435) for a gas-fueled car. It was a three-wheeler; Benz built his first four-wheeled car in 1891. Benz & Company, the company started by the inventor, became the world's largest manufacturer of automobiles by 1900.

I can also go into how Alexander Graham Bell based all his work on the research and discoveries of German scientist Helmholtz. German inventor Reis had actually built a telephone two years before Bell. He was the one who coined the term "telephone."

Cathode Ray Tube: Karl Braun
Aspirin: Felix Hoffman.
Motorcycle: Nikolaus Otto
Electron Microscope: Ruska
Electromagnetic waves: Hertz

Look up more if you want there are tons of German contributions to the world of science. I am not saying that the US is nothing, we got great inventors and scientists too such as Bell, Edison, and Benjamin Franklin. But that doesn't mean you belittle the contributions made by other countries... esp Germany, they've been the pinnacle in Science for the last 200 years.

I never belittled any nation, if anything you guys were belittling america, but you guys were simply noting that germany was like the only country who contributed anything to the art of science. I think russia had alot of contributions to space which has drived alot of the modern war technology. Italy to me has some of the best architects. France invents great hair products:lol: . And spain, well lets see what does spain invent? Hott women. Yeah thats it they invent some hott women,:lol: But to me germany could be a betternation if they actually did something in the world other than use there great inventions for the pessimism of mankind. Most of there inventions were geared toward how they could take over the world.

SKILMATIC said:
I never belittled any nation, if anything you guys were belittling america, but you guys were simply noting that germany was like the only country who contributed anything to the art of science. I think russia had alot of contributions to space which has drived alot of the modern war technology. Italy to me has some of the best architects. France invents great hair products:lol: . And spain, well lets see what does spain invent? Hott women. Yeah thats it they invent some hott women,:lol: But to me germany could be a betternation if they actually did something in the world other than use there great inventions for the pessimism of mankind. Most of there inventions were geared toward how they could take over the world.

The printing press was geared to take over the world? :lol: Spain invents hot women? :lol: Debateable but funny.

Yeah it was with the printing press they could embark on a whole new era of propoganda and insodoing they were able to creat regimes such as the nazi party which was geared toward taking over the world. And it also had to do with other regimes as well. But that was the main one.

Spain invents hot women? Debateable but funny.

Hey I had to throw some funnyness into it. Besides, you needed a laugh.

Yeah it was with the printing press they could embark on a whole new era of propoganda and insodoing they were able to creat regimes such as the nazi party which was geared toward taking over the world. And it also had to do with other regimes as well. But that was the main one.

dude none of those scientists listed embarked on their research just to use it against someone...electromagnetic waves? cathod ray tube? car? theory of relativity? electron microscope? aspirin?

Hey, aspirin was invented to smear the minds of people. Consequently they constructed a drug to releave pain. And in english speaking peoples cases it was great cause have u heard a german speak? Its like a bunch of yeling and blabering, :lol:

Ok I am having too much fun here, :lol:

german speak? Its like a bunch of yeling and blabering,

yeah...once in europe we stopped to ask for directions from this old german guy, the guy pretty much spit the directions into my father's face...

Who cares who invented what?

You talk about Japanese technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about German technocracy, and you get automobiles. You talk about American technocracy, and you find men on the moon - not once, but several times - and safely home again.

In other words, while Japan was finding ways to make stereos smaller and Germany was making cars stronger.....America was busy looking at the view of planet Earth from the moon. I'd say we got everyone beat.

nkgupta80 said:
yeah...once in europe we stopped to ask for directions from this old german guy, the guy pretty much spit the directions into my father's face...

Heh yeah German is a beautiful language but it does have it's fair share of odd noises. If you want an interesting language try Ratoromanisch. It's spoken by 1% of the population of Switzerland and it's a combonation of German, Latin, and another language I don't remember :lol: It must sound um..interesting to say the least. :lol:

Navy Pride said:
I have to give you credit my friend you have the spin and the left wing talking points down pat.....................Do you even have a clue as to why jobs are going overseas? its becasue of GATT and NAFTA.........Do you have a clue who signed those to bills into law? It was your hero Bill Clinton......President Bush was the governor of Texas then............You really need to get a clue my friend........

Where did you get the idea that Clinton is my hero. I know he signed for NAFTA AND WTO. Clinton made some serious mistakes, he was heavily influenced by Corporatism. yet he kept taxes from the corporations at a good rate, and put federal money into schools to make up for the failing tax bases in local economies because of job migration.

As presidents go, Clinton is one hundred percent better than Bush, even when he was chasing Monica.:confused:

GySgt said:
Who cares who invented what?

You talk about Japanese technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about German technocracy, and you get automobiles. You talk about American technocracy, and you find men on the moon - not once, but several times - and safely home again.

In other words, while Japan was finding ways to make stereos smaller and Germany was making cars stronger.....America was busy looking at the view of planet Earth from the moon. I'd say we got everyone beat.

Not really considering the fact that most of the technology and parts used were of foreign origin.

Youve Got To Be Kidding! said:

John Kerry gave himself a Silver Star for beaching his boat, chasing down and killing a half-naked, wounded Vietnamese teenager and no one sees anything wrong with it.

This guy took an action to protect his and his comrades' lives and someone thinks he should be investigated for a crime.

cnredd said:
John Kerry gave himself a Silver Star for beaching his boat, chasing down and killing a half-naked, wounded Vietnamese teenager and no one sees anything wrong with it.

This guy took an action to protect his and his comrades' lives and someone thinks he should be investigated for a crime.

Frankly I have a problem with Kerry but not with the soldier. He didn't hold his hands in the air..he put his hands into his tunic..for all that soldier knew he could have had a bomb strapped to him.

"Frankly I have a problem with Kerry but not with the soldier. He didn't hold his hands in the air..he put his hands into his tunic..for all that soldier knew he could have had a bomb strapped to him."

This is correct. Marines are taught and trained to an exhaustive extent, of how to react to certain situations. When things occur, training should take over and the difference between reacting quickly and hesitating could be death. Aside from reaching for a gun..Marines and soldiers have to be aware of suicide bombers wearing vests. This isn't a civil action where a police officer will just yell louder at the criminal. In war, if an enemy combatant reaches for his clothes, he is dead. His life isn't worth your own. On many occasions, the enemy has 'faked' injury to draw the Marine out into the open. They use our Laws of War and our decency against us. The blood of many of their wounded are on the hands of their own brethren and their dispicable actions.

True story........At the Division (Blue Diamond) HQ in Ramadi, there is a particular gate that stands on a busy street. It is pedestrian and vehicle heavy. At the gate are always four (Fire Team) Marines. Aside from the Fire Team there is a "Guardian Angel" watching over them. This Guardian Angel is a Sniper that sits high up on a building. On one occasion, the Sniper spotted a man walking straight for the gate that stood out from the other civilians. The Marines at the gate did not see him, because they were very much involved with a pair of vehicles that were tying up their attention. The Sniper continued to watch him through his scope and made a decision. He fired a shot through his neck. After the commotion, the body was more inspected. The dead man had a suicide vest on. EOD (Explosive Ordinance Disposal) was called to the gate and the bomb was destroyed.

IF....there was no vest and the news cameras were standing by...all the public would have heard was how a Marine sniper 'murdered' an innocent civilian in cold blood. Marines and soldiers only have seconds (at most) to make decisions. This is why we train so much. When those seconds are pounding away in a Marine's chest, we have to feel confident that he will act in everyone's and his own best interest.

Sometimes those decisions are wrong. But if the decision was not malicious in nature and he was acting in accordance to his surroundings, then what he did was an act of combat. Marines cannot flinch, for fear of administrative discipline, when his and other's lives are at stake. Combat is nasty. It always has been and it always will be. Trust me....there will be plenty of time afterwards for Marines and soldiers to reflect on their actions and play the 20/20 hindsight game with himself. The time to reflect on it is not during the event.

Last edited:
Again gunny lets light on to those who would have no inclination on what goes on in the military mans mind. This is more true then some of you will ever understand.

Back
Top Bottom