• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Deploying Jets Around Asia to Keep China Surrounded

Like I informed you before, I'm not your you know what. If you're not capable of doing your own research, lets set up a Pay-Pal account so I can make a buck doing research for you. Re: COSCO ships in the port of Los Angeles / Long Beach I find this tool very helpful keeping track where all the ships in the world are at Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions BTW: COSCO is actualy part of the PLO/Navy. All of the officers and many of the crew are members of the PLO/Navy.

LOL, tell ya what all you need to do is BACK YOUR CLAIMS up. Nothing more, and BTW, what do the Palestinians have to do with this. I didn't know they had a navy or that COSCO was part of the Palestinian navy

(Think you mean PLAN you sharp as a razor intel guy you...)

More Apacherat crap. Your own reference can do no more that say MAY have given given advanced notice.... as if the rather intense AD systems of Hanoi needed that when it comes to B52s... :roll:

But like I stated sending the B52s on a rather clockwork like mission sequence did provide the Soviets with an excellent opportunity to get up close and personal with the B52 they couldn't get elsewhere.

Howsomever this is just more deflection from the unsupportable crap you keep shoveling about Chinese circling Guam... you can dodge all you want but the issue is China doesn't threaten us in any way outside of it's territorial waters.

The OP about planes around china is pure snot AND you can't back any of your crap up to include the one plane squadron you claim was 'operational' during some build-up.

Just Apacherat rant.

I'm sure Charley appreciated the five hour warning before their own air search radars picked up our B-52's that they were about to bombed.

Palestine ???

COSCO
Logistics company China Ocean Shipping Company, known as COSCO or COSCO Group, is a Chinese shipping and logistics services supplier company. It is a government-owned company of the People's Republic of China. It is part of the Peoples Republic of China, Peoples Liberation Army/Navy.

LOL, tell ya what all you need to do is BACK YOUR CLAIMS up. Nothing more, and BTW, what do the Palestinians have to do with this. I didn't know they had a navy or that COSCO was part of the Palestinian navy

(Think you mean PLAN you sharp as a razor intel guy you...)

I was wondering where you came up with the Palistines from. I typed PLO instead of PLA.

Palestine ???

COSCO
Logistics company China Ocean Shipping Company, known as COSCO or COSCO Group, is a Chinese shipping and logistics services supplier company. It is a government-owned company of the People's Republic of China. It is part of the Peoples Republic of China, Peoples Liberation Army/Navy.

You kept referring to the PLO Navy, not PLAN

I'm sure Charley appreciated the five hour warning before their own air search radars picked up our B-52's that they were about to bombed.

Why? buffs flew at subsonic speeds, plenty of time for the air defense to be alerted. Besides the bombers were run like trains. After years of dealing with fighter bombers, Buffs were like fish in a barrel.

It's PLA/N not PLAN. But the PLA does have a plan. They should be capable to execute it in about 20 years.

Actually I have found it done as both PLAN and PLA/N, but never PLO Navy.

But once again you digress, if their plan is in 20 then why the need to ring 'em now? Why all the hand ringing now? Why all the dire warnings of unsubstantiated 'incursions' to within 200 miles of US Territory?

To keep taxpayer money flowing instead a more prudent course?

Now I do believe you said dozen of PLAN ships in the harbors. Not Civilian freighters like you tried to move the goalposts....

More Apacherat crap....

Actually I have found it done as both PLAN and PLA/N, but never PLO Navy.

But once again you digress, if their plan is in 20 then why the need to ring 'em now? Why all the hand ringing now? Why all the dire warnings of unsubstantiated 'incursions' to within 200 miles of US Territory?

To keep taxpayer money flowing instead a more prudent course?

Now I do believe you said dozen of PLAN ships in the harbors. Not Civilian freighters like you tried to move the goalposts....

More Apacherat crap....

COSCO container ships look like merchant ships and basically they are but are commanded by naval officers of the PLA/N and most of the crew are sailors in the PLA/N.

Remember the merchant cruisers of WW ll ?

Pivoting to the Western Pacific is a no brainer but all Obama is trying to do is look like he's a competent Cn'C but he isn't.

If you remeber, I think it was around 2004 or 2005 maybe later China was rattling their saber and conducting large naval exercises in the Straits of Taiwan. This is when China finally thought they knew how to take on the U.S. Navy and take on two Carrier Strike Groups and sink two carriers.

Remember this is when America was fighting two wars, Iraq and Afghanistan and we always had two CSG in the 5th Fleet AOR supporting operation in Iraq and Afghanistan.

What was G.W. Bush able to pull off ? He ordered four Navy CSG into the area of Taiwan. while still keeping two CSG in the 5th Fleet AOR conducting combat operations. This freaked out China. They believed they could challenge and defeat two U.S. Navy CSG's but not four. Back to the drawing board.

Even I was surprised that Bush was able to pull that off.

Today Obama has a problem keeping just two CSG at sea.

Man, it's logic like this that gets us into war after war after war. They're beating us at our own game: capitalism, and now you want to get so upset that the blood of millions should flow in the streets.

I haven't seen any aggressive behavior on their part, and nothing but aggressive behavior on ours. If we are having problems with their hackers (we hack them back so it's rather hypocritical for you to act so offended about it), we can just improve our security. No bloodshed required.

Do you believe that if we kill them hard enough our economy will surpass theirs? I'll never understand war-mongering.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/20/w...-line-in-secret-memo.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

What do you get out of that?

Luckily you're pretty much the only person on earth who really wants a war with china.

Besides being inaccurate in general, it is untrue in its thrust.

Besides being inaccurate in general, it is untrue in its thrust.

I correct myself, I'm sure there are other people who day dream about millions dead because they want to boost America's ego. As if that were a good reason to kill people.

You're probably a huge fan of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, huh? Even they made more sense than war with China.

I'll start taking you seriously when you can prove China is even remotely a tangible threat and not something you've dreamed up in your bloodlust.

I understand China is yet again in the middle of an ideological purge. If they keep doing that crap there's no need to worry about them.

*smiles*

Keep thinking that way. The Chinese have been around for a long time. They will no doubt be here a lot longer. Afterall, they own our national debt. We mess up, they simply cash it in. Funny, how a nation that will condemn a nation on the one hand, yet borrow from it on the other the very money it needs to keep its planes in the air.

There will be saber rattling for the American population, but never any war. The Chinese know it, and smile. They have a lot of patience...and now...wealth, technology, and power.

The American government has much more sense than to lure the Chinese into a war. Before it would even begin, the Chinese would simply cash in all our debt and drive us into a depression over night.

*smiles*

Keep thinking that way. The Chinese have been around for a long time. They will no doubt be here a lot longer. Afterall, they own our national debt. We mess up, they simply cash it in. Funny, how a nation that will condemn a nation on the one hand, yet borrow from it on the other the very money it needs to keep its planes in the air.

There will be saber rattling for the American population, but never any war. The Chinese know it, and smile. They have a lot of patience...and now...wealth, technology, and power.

The American government has much more sense than to lure the Chinese into a war. Before it would even begin, the Chinese would simply cash in all our debt and drive us into a depression over night.

And if we refuse to honor those bonds? What do they do then? We've already spent their money.

It's a sovereign debt. The only real recourse is to declare war and take it out of our hides.

If they keep doing that, we need to worry about them.

I only say that because the Cultural Revolution knocked their productivity down for a generation.

I correct myself, I'm sure there are other people who day dream about millions dead because they want to boost America's ego. As if that were a good reason to kill people.

You're probably a huge fan of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, huh? Even they made more sense than war with China.

I'll start taking you seriously when you can prove China is even remotely a tangible threat and not something you've dreamed up in your bloodlust.

:lamo

You really should have steered clear of this thread because from the start, you've been making baseless accusations, inferences and assumptions.

So, I'll say this as clearly as possible:

1) China is a threat to the United States
2) We're engaging them in a containment policy, as well, in the cyberarena

With me so far?

Nowhere have I said that, "I want War with China." I have, however, said, more or less, that I support safeguarding the U.S. against China.

Regarding Iraq: No, I did not support that War. Have you ever heard of A Clean Break? Iraq was an Israeli threat.
Regarding Afghanistan: Yes, I supported the War, however, I think we fought it completely wrong. Air Force, drones and special forces/units > an enormous deployed force.

:lamo

You really should have steered clear of this thread because from the start, you've been making baseless accusations, inferences and assumptions.

So, I'll say this as clearly as possible:

1) China is a threat to the United States
2) We're engaging them in a containment policy, as well, in the cyberarena

With me so far?

Nowhere have I said that, "I want War with China." I have, however, said, more or less, that I support safeguarding the U.S. against China.

Regarding Iraq: No, I did not support that War. Have you ever heard of A Clean Break? Iraq was an Israeli threat.
Regarding Afghanistan: Yes, I supported the War, however, I think we fought it completely wrong. Air Force, drones and special forces/units > an enormous deployed force.

And the only reasons you've given that China is a threat is that they've hacked us, which we've done to them as well, and that there was one negative policy letter, which we also have done.

If that's really the best you've got, you're fabricating a threat.

And the only reasons you've given that China is a threat is that they've hacked us, which we've done to them as well, and that there was one negative policy letter, which we also have done.

If that's really the best you've got, you're fabricating a threat.

Their rising economy and military is also factored in. Their stealing of industrial secrets is factored in too. They have weapons of mass destruction. They have a large standing army with an even larger reserve supply. They are capitalistic communists. Their stated goal is to replace the U.S. as the #1 superpower.

Clearly, either you have not been paying attention, or, you do not care. So, where are your priorities? With the United States and safeguarding her and her citizens from ALL threats, foreign or domestic, or, do your loyalties lie elsewhere? I ask, simply, because you've been defending China this entire time...

Their rising economy and military is also factored in. Their stealing of industrial secrets is factored in too. They have weapons of mass destruction. They have a large standing army with an even larger reserve supply. They are capitalistic communists. Their stated goal is to replace the U.S. as the #1 superpower.

Clearly, either you have not been paying attention, or, you do not care. So, where are your priorities? With the United States and safeguarding her and her citizens from ALL threats, foreign or domestic, or, do your loyalties lie elsewhere? I ask, simply, because you've been defending China this entire time...

LOL, what kind of exceptionalist bull**** are you pushing here? We should attack them because their economy is doing better. WE have about 30 times more weapons of mass destruction than they do. Look at all the countries that have nuclear weapons. Everything you've said applies just as equally to Russia and a few other countries. Do we want to invade all of them too? List of states with nuclear weapons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

World-Nuke-Graph-with-Info-122012.png

China is even a NPT country (Non-Proliferation Treaty), so they're even cooperating internationally with us on nuclear matters.

WE steal industrial secrets too. You're now wanting to go to war to protect companies? You really are the neo-con posterboy.

You're conjuring up complete bull**** reasons that apply to many countries. How much better could our economy be if we didn't waste 4 TRILLION dollars on the recent wars?

It's this neo-con exceptionalist invade-everyone attitude that's put our country in the ****ty shape it is now anyway.

:shrug: threat defined as - a nation with the capability and intent to reduce American geopolitical security and frustrate our strategic goals?

that is an interesting claim. Can you source it?

Germany fears NSA stole industrial secrets | Europe | DW.DE | 03.07.2013

Even if they're wrong and they're not stealing industrial secrets, our government still spies on absolutely everybody. The benefit of this is debateable, but turning around and saying "We should invade China for doing the exact same thing we're doing." is not only hypocritical, but it's rather telling of his character.

:shrug: threat defined as - a nation with the capability and intent to reduce American geopolitical security and frustrate our strategic goals?

Translation: they're a nation that is beating us economically and doesn't suck our dicks like the rest of the world, and that makes you mad.

Seriously, the neo-con belief that we should invade other countries simply to stay on top is dated and rather ridiculous. Why don't we just innovate or improve our economy instead?

I'll be waiting for your explanation of what real threats they pose and not something you dreamed up in your bloodlust.

Back
Top Bottom