• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Deploying Jets Around Asia to Keep China Surrounded

The Chinese military has nearly double the military personnel we have, and those available for conscription outnumber our entire population. They may not have the experience, or the technology. There's also no reason to believe that they haven't found ways to exploit our weaknesses.

The United States hasn't been doing the same?

Military personal is a largely irrelevant metric unless you think the United States is planning on launching an invasion of Fujian province in the course of a potential conflict. Any flashpoint conflict or broader war with China would take place primarily in China's littoral and in the western Pacific stretching from Korea to Singapore. This type of conflict is primarily naval, aerial, and occasionally marine. In these areas we maintain both a technical and numerical advantage, which is further augmented when allied powers are factored in.

The primary threat comes from a China that grows in capability to the point where it is able to contest and win control of it's local military sphere. It is why we have increased our emphasis on naval and aerial deployments to the Pacific and kept up R&D projects for missile defense programs.

As for doing the same we are not an autocracy. I desire our success, not the Chinese.

As for doing the same we are not an autocracy. I desire our success, not the Chinese.

It reminds me of the WFB quote from the Cold War:

Liberals see the Soviets shove an old woman in front of a bus, see the U.S. push her out of the way, and accuse both of shoving around little old ladies.

It reminds me of the WFB quote from the Cold War:

Liberals see the Soviets shove an old woman in front of a bus, see the U.S. push her out of the way, and accuse both of shoving around little old ladies.

Exactly. This is not a contest of fairness, this is the sort of thing where you pick a side.

Amazing, that a country that is beating us at our own economic game, has no military presence anywhere near our national borders, and is not even at war with its own neighbors is constantly being presented as a threat. So, the answer is to deploy jets around Asia. Interesting. How much effort, resources, and fuel will China instead devote to once again selling the United States everything it hungers for at Walmarts everywhere in the meanwhile, laughing all the way to the bank?

U.S. Deploying Jets Around Asia to Keep China Surrounded | Killer Apps

China is a serious threat and should be treated as such. Though I understand why military men and politicians won't show all their cards, it'd be nice for those Americans who remain skeptical because an official of some sorts hasn't specifically said, "We're gearing up for War with China."

This is war-mongering nonsense. China hasn't attacked us or any of our allies, or really even been aggressive towards us. We've surrounded them with bases and do threatening stuff like this, and you see us as the "good" guys?

How many Chinese bases do they have within 1,000 miles of our national borders?

This is war-mongering nonsense. China hasn't attacked us or any of our allies, or really even been aggressive towards us. We've surrounded them with bases and do threatening stuff like this, and you see us as the "good" guys?

How many Chinese bases do they have within 1,000 miles of our national borders?

China has repeatedly cyberattacked us and probably our allies too.

And? We cyberattack everybody, to include our own citizens. To you this minor annoyance is worth the tens of millions of lives that would perish due to a war with China? Really?

Hmmm, like, our own allies, like Israel do that to us on a regular basis. Do a search. China is a vibrant, fascinating, dynamic country. Don't take my word for it. Get on a plane and go there. Discover what it is that a few in the US want to destroy. Unleash yourself from the vehement hatred so integrated within American media. Live bold. Live free. Be what it is to be truly American, not what others now tell you it is to be as a citizen of the United States.

It don't add up. China has a history of keeping their political noses out of other nation's businesses.

And since China owns about half of us, it would make no sense to me for them to cut their foot off to piss off their leg.

But, if Nostradamus is correct, I do believe we have to go up against China sooner or later. Or was that Confucius?

Eh kinda, when Imperial China was strong it certainly messed with everyone's business if they happened to share a border although they didn't sail off to mess with anyone and often China's natural geographic boundries kept it from messing with people.

However in recent times that hasn't been the case at all, China has never been as overt as the USSR or the US in their involvement with other countries but that doesn't mean its any better. The obvious examples of overt intervention into other countries by China since its most recent change of government in 46' have been invading Tibet, coming to the aid of North Korea in the Korean War, advising and assisting the North Vietnamese and then later in 1979 waging an outright war against them. Before that there was the Sino-Soviet Split and a minor border conflict, plus the Sino-Indian War in the 60s.

And more recently they've been very involved economically in Central Asia and Africa, winning friends with projects and money.

But I agree with you that no war will take place between China and the US.

Eh kinda, when Imperial China was strong it certainly messed with everyone's business if they happened to share a border although they didn't sail off to mess with anyone and often China's natural geographic boundries kept it from messing with people.

However in recent times that hasn't been the case at all, China has never been as overt as the USSR or the US in their involvement with other countries but that doesn't mean its any better. The obvious examples of overt intervention into other countries by China since its most recent change of government in 46' have been invading Tibet, coming to the aid of North Korea in the Korean War, advising and assisting the North Vietnamese and then later in 1979 waging an outright war against them. Before that there was the Sino-Soviet Split and a minor border conflict, plus the Sino-Indian War in the 60s.

And more recently they've been very involved economically in Central Asia and Africa, winning friends with projects and money.

But I agree with you that no war will take place between China and the US.

With all due respect, how many wars has the United States been involved in during the same time period. And, a Chinese imperial period? When was that exactly, except to effect their own landmass? Remember, the UK, with help from the United States during the Boxer Rebellion of the late 19th Century, fought the Chinese in order to keep the drug trade open to profiteer merchants and shipping magnants from both countries.

Goodness. Please.

Last edited:
I would like to comment on this topic but I can't.

What I will say, those squadrons that are involved were given the heads up months before they were deployed. One squadron rated as the # 1 combat ready squadron for that particular branch of the service on one particular day a month before being deployed only had one aircraft capable of flying.

While China and Russia laughs at Obama, Obama is trying to look to the American people as being on the ball as Cn'C.:2rofll:

I would like to comment on this topic but I can't.

What I will say, those squadrons that are involved were given the heads up months before they were deployed. One squadron rated as the # 1 combat ready squadron for that particular branch of the service on one particular day a month before being deployed only had one aircraft capable of flying.

While China and Russia laughs at Obama, Obama is trying to look to the American people as being on the ball as Cn'C.:2rofll:

Thanks for sharing that. It is important.

I would like to comment on this topic but I can't. What I will say, those squadrons that are involved were given the heads up months before they were deployed. One squadron rated as the # 1 combat ready squadron for that particular branch of the service on one particular day a month before being deployed only had one aircraft capable of flying. While China and Russia laughs at Obama, Obama is trying to look to the American people as being on the ball as Cn'C.:2rofll:

More of the usual 'I can't say much' but I will take up some bandwidth not saying it.

Completely unsubstantiated partisan BS. :roll:

Way I see this is a play to get the budget cuts taken off the military so they can 'maintain operational tempo' on a contrived meaningless mission. Planes on the vast Chinese border means little. 'Defending' us from cyber attacks with jets is almost as dumb as not letting fingernail clippers on airlines.

China won't jump but they will not back down as BushII found out in 2001 when an EP3 was forced to land in China after colliding with a Chinese jet.

More of the usual 'I can't say much' but I will take up some bandwidth not saying it.

Completely unsubstantiated partisan BS. :roll:

Way I see this is a play to get the budget cuts taken off the military so they can 'maintain operational tempo' on a contrived meaningless mission. Planes on the vast Chinese border means little. 'Defending' us from cyber attacks with jets is almost as dumb as not letting fingernail clippers on airlines.

China won't jump but they will not back down as BushII found out in 2001 when an EP3 was forced to land in China after colliding with a Chinese jet.

Get your facts straight. The EP-3 you are referring to wasn't forced to land in China. the crew had a choice, ditch the plane in the South China Sea or request permission from China to make an emergency landing on Hainan.

And where did G.W. Bush back down ? The Chinese did exactly the same thing that we would have if a Chinese aircraft would have landed on Guam
Yes, that's the same Guam island that a Democrat said would tip over if we put too many Marines on the island.

And? We cyberattack everybody, to include our own citizens. To you this minor annoyance is worth the tens of millions of lives that would perish due to a war with China? Really?

China intends to knock us off our perch. I'd rather not see that happen. I'd rather see the U.S. remain numero uno, you know? So, encircling China, and being all threatening like, while saying we're not being threatening like, is what's in store for the foreseeable future, as we will undoubtedly safeguard our position in the world with everything we've got, as we very well should.

as we will undoubtedly safeguard our position in the world with everything we've got, as we very well should.

Then give China more power.

If you want to maintain the rules that benefit America (and the West) then you need to trap China into the same organizations. By tying them into trade organizations and making their exposure larger, you change their priorities to align with ours. It's paradoxical, but the more power you give certain people through organizations, the more they often want the same organizations to succeed. And when they're tied to organizations that are tied to the success of the West as in trade, everyone can benefit.

Hmmm, like, our own allies, like Israel do that to us on a regular basis. Do a search. China is a vibrant, fascinating, dynamic country. Don't take my word for it. Get on a plane and go there. Discover what it is that a few in the US want to destroy. Unleash yourself from the vehement hatred so integrated within American media. Live bold. Live free. Be what it is to be truly American, not what others now tell you it is to be as a citizen of the United States.

Not a chance in hell that I'd go to China.

Military personal is a largely irrelevant metric unless you think the United States is planning on launching an invasion of Fujian province in the course of a potential conflict. Any flashpoint conflict or broader war with China would take place primarily in China's littoral and in the western Pacific stretching from Korea to Singapore. This type of conflict is primarily naval, aerial, and occasionally marine. In these areas we maintain both a technical and numerical advantage, which is further augmented when allied powers are factored in.

The primary threat comes from a China that grows in capability to the point where it is able to contest and win control of it's local military sphere. It is why we have increased our emphasis on naval and aerial deployments to the Pacific and kept up R&D projects for missile defense programs.

Never mind technical advantages. Never mind allied powers. There's writing on the wall- can you read it?

China is a vibrant, fascinating, dynamic country. Don't take my word for it. Get on a plane and go there. Discover what it is that a few in the US want to destroy. Unleash yourself from the vehement hatred so integrated within American media. Live bold. Live free. Be what it is to be truly American, not what others now tell you it is to be as a citizen of the United States.

When I traveled to China, my visa had so many travel restrictions that had to spend most of my time in the hotel bar listening to drunk Aussies telling me if I wanted to see the real Orient I had to go to Taiwan.

When I traveled to China, my visa had so many travel restrictions that had to spend most of my time in the hotel bar listening to drunk Aussies telling me if I wanted to see the real Orient I had to go to Taiwan.

Drunk Aussies. I had to fend off one so drunk in Papeete that he could hardly stay upright on his barstool. Kept calling me a Yank, and that'll piss off the most pacifist Canadian. Those guys are the world's most well-balanced people- they've got a chip on both shoulders.

Drunk Aussies. I had to fend off one so drunk in Papeete that he could hardly stay upright on his barstool. Kept calling me a Yank, and that'll piss off the most pacifist Canadian. Those guys are the world's most well-balanced people- they've got a chip on both shoulders.

When it came time for my R&R you had a few choices. If you were married you could take your R&R in Hawaii. If you weren't married, at the time I believe you could go to Hong Kong, Thailand, P.I's or Australia.

Australia sounded like the place to go, white women, good waves and Aussie beer.

These short timers said you might want to think twice about that, the purpose of R&R was to get away from the fighting.

What do you mean ? I asked.

They said you walk into a bar and all of the bar stools, tables and chairs are bolted to the floor.

And back then many Aussie men had a chip on their shoulder when it came to American soldiers, Marines and sailors. While they were off fighting the Germans during WW ll, the American G.I.'s were screwing all of their women.

I'm not sure I follow what you mean.

I mean China is inevitable. Chinese hegemony is not negotiable or preventable. It's happening.

Back
Top Bottom