• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Code Title 18, Section 2071 for 2017

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Word for word from the Cornell Law Library

Former United States Attorney General Michael Mukasey tells MSNBC that not only is Hillary Clinton's private email server illegal, it "disqualifies" her from holding any federal office.

Such as, say, President of the United States. Very, specifically, it points to one federal law, Title 18. Section 2071.

For those of us who do not have United States Code committed to memory, here's what it says:
“(a) Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.”

Yes, it explicitly states "shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States."

Shouldn't voters know that? The media won't tell them. So, it's up to us. Can you help hold Hillary accountable? Pass this on, please.

Now!! Does anyone believe that this will make a difference ??

Just a note……

Now if Hillary is allowed to run for an office of any kind, it will show us that the Washington D.C. establishment is, so much, more corrupt than we thought.

Former United States Attorney General Michael Mukasey tells MSNBC that not only is Hillary Clinton's private email server illegal, it "disqualifies" her from holding any federal office.

Such as, say, President of the United States. Very, specifically, it points to one federal law, Title 18. Section 2071.

For those of us who do not have United States Code committed to memory, here's what it says:
“(a) Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.”

Yes, it explicitly states "shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States."

Shouldn't voters know that? The media won't tell them. So, it's up to us. Can you help hold Hillary accountable? Pass this on, please.

Just a note……

Now if Hillary is allowed to run for an office of any kind, it will show us that the Washington D.C. establishment is, so much, more corrupt than we thought.

I just don't understand why she would bring DWS closer when she's trying to clean up her image. Maybe she's not trying to clean up her image. Maybe she just wants it to be as dirty as possible.

Hard for Hillary 2016

I just don't understand why she would bring DWS closer when she's trying to clean up her image. Maybe she's not trying to clean up her image. Maybe she just wants it to be as dirty as possible.

Hard for Hillary 2016

She's been dirty all her life......a martini w/o the olive! As corrupt as they get.

Hard for Hillary 2016

Clinton has gotten away with doing whatever she pleases for decades at this point. She doesn't understand how things look at an outside look. When you have constant "yes-men" around you and never face consequences for your actions you turn out like her, or Johnny Manziel.

She's been dirty all her life......a martini w/o the olive! As corrupt as they get.
:lamo

But I gotta correct you on your metaphor!

If you're going to conflate 'dirty' with 'martini', you've *got to* add a little olive ... juice! ;)

Hard for Hillary 2016

I think she just feels that confident. She better be careful.

Just a note……

I'm going to take the US Attorney's Office analysis of this over yours.

:lamo

But I gotta correct you on your metaphor!

If you're going to conflate 'dirty' with 'martini', you've *got to* add a little olive ... juice! ;)

You are correct. I don't drink, so I wasn't totally accurate.

Ohhh, I hope she is so reckless that she will get skewered! ;)

I'm going to take the US Attorney's Office analysis of this over yours.

Of course you would....anything to make her look less criminal. :roll:

Not being convicted of anything by anyone, such a law will not bar Clinton from a damned thing.

You are correct. I don't drink, so I wasn't totally accurate.
Well, I no longer drink - and it's due in part to an earlier over-indulgences of *too many* dirty martinis back in the day! :mrgreen:

Then of course, there's this somewhat different Dirty Martini, who may or may not be to one's taste:

Wikipedia: Dirty Martini (burlesque) <-- NSFW

Not being convicted of anything by anyone, such a law will not bar Clinton from a damned thing.

Correct, but just like the DNC....it was rigged!

Well, I no longer drink - and it's due in part to an earlier over-indulgences of *too many* dirty martinis back in the day! :mrgreen:

Then of course, there's this somewhat different Dirty Martini, who may or may not be to one's taste:

Wikipedia: Dirty Martini (burlesque) <-- NSFW

Makes me want to run like hell, seeing those bimbos... :lamo

I just don't understand why she would bring DWS closer when she's trying to clean up her image.

She doesn't need to clean up her image. She just needs to buy off anyone in her way.

Just a note……

Sorry, Trump doesn't get to run unopposed like you wanted.

Since the law doesn't specifically include her name, she is exempt.

If you don't believe me, ask FBI director Comey.

Just a note……

Michael Mukasey later admitted that this would not be the case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/08/26/no-hillary-clinton-wouldnt-be-legally-ineligible-for-the-presidency-even-if-she-had-violated-government-records-laws/

Not that it makes what Clinton did any better.

She doesn't need to clean up her image. She just needs to buy off anyone in her way.

Yep...and she does...or has them eliminated!

Sorry, Trump doesn't get to run unopposed like you wanted.

It was never my intent, to see him run unopposed...

Well, dirty martinis are usually thought to be an acquired taste! :lamo

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Since the law doesn't specifically include her name, she is exempt.

If you don't believe me, ask FBI director Comey.

Haaa. Ya, right!

Just a note……

This is interesting information and it would be relevant in a functioning democracy. You are referring to the People's law, not the law of the wealthy, privileged and powerful. As such the law does not apply to Hillary Clinton. Just who do you think would enforce that law?

I think you are probably right about that Bob. She's gotten away with so much for so long, that she probably does feel invincible, feels that she's too big to jail.

Back
Top Bottom