• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. believes that Turkey deliberately fired artillery at U.S. troops

... and you know that because of what exactly?

And you are still defending the worst betrayal America has ever committed to brothers in arms...

This would be the same if we could have prevented the Holocaust but pulled out...

I know a lot more people were involved,however genocide is genocide...

Yes, the final determination on whether the strike was deliberate hasn't been made just yet, same as the determination that Turkish forces slaughtered four ambulance medical personnel. You don't happen to be Turkish do you? You appear to be leaning pro-Turkey.

But that didn't stop you from blaring "Turkey has deliberately fired at US troops" ... :lol:

You inserted yourself into my response to HumblePie's comment "... Turkey has deliberately fired at US troops ..."

If you don't want to follow that part of my "conversation" with HumblePie, maybe you should have just stayed out ... ;)

And you responded to my post and asked where I got my information. You don't get to censer me or any other poster. You are not a moderator!

But that didn't stop you from blaring "Turkey has deliberately fired at US troops" ... :lol:

All current reports point to exactly that.

It sounds like unknown militia groups are you the ones committing the attacks on Americans and the roadside assassinations, however they are supported by turkey.

When is trump going to man up and "crush their economy"???

As the pictures of the dead women and children make it to Republican politicians they will turn on Trump.

Ah, who am I kidding. They'll ignore them and preach about abortion.

Pentagon says US forces came under Turkish artillery fire in Syria

Washington (CNN)The Pentagon confirmed Friday that US troops in Syria "came under artillery fire from Turkish positions" and demanded that Turkey halt all operations that could require the US to take "immediate defensive action."
"US troops in the vicinity of Kobani came under artillery fire from Turkish positions at approximately 9 p.m. local Oct. 11," Navy Capt. Brook DeWalt, a Pentagon spokesman, said in a statement. "The explosion occurred within a few hundred meters of a location outside the Security Mechanism zone and in an area known by the Turks to have U.S. forces present."

Pentagon: US forces came under Turkish artillery fire in Syria - CNNPolitics

"This was not a mistake,"
tweeted Brett McGurk, the former presidential envoy to the global coalition to counter ISIL. "Turkish forces have fired on a declared US military outpost in northern Syria. Turkey knows all of our locations down to the precise grid coordinate as confirmed by" Defense Secretary Mark Esper and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Mark Milley "only two hours ago," McGurk said.

Pentagon says US forces came under Turkish artillery fire in Syria

Washington (CNN)The Pentagon confirmed Friday that US troops in Syria "came under artillery fire from Turkish positions" and demanded that Turkey halt all operations that could require the US to take "immediate defensive action."
"US troops in the vicinity of Kobani came under artillery fire from Turkish positions at approximately 9 p.m. local Oct. 11," Navy Capt. Brook DeWalt, a Pentagon spokesman, said in a statement. "The explosion occurred within a few hundred meters of a location outside the Security Mechanism zone and in an area known by the Turks to have U.S. forces present."

Pentagon: US forces came under Turkish artillery fire in Syria - CNNPolitics

"This was not a mistake,"
tweeted Brett McGurk, the former presidential envoy to the global coalition to counter ISIL. "Turkish forces have fired on a declared US military outpost in northern Syria. Turkey knows all of our locations down to the precise grid coordinate as confirmed by" Defense Secretary Mark Esper and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Mark Milley "only two hours ago," McGurk said.

So, we still have no confirmation that this was in fact an intentional attack.

You should add it as a count to his impeachment.

I think there will be any need to add it to the charges. There's going to be at least three charges for impeachment. Obstruction of justice, high crimes and misdemeanors and abuse of power.

Why not just go to the source? Tweet to General Brett McGurk who just stated "this was not a mistake". Get back to us how he responds to the tweet.

WTF are you talking about?!?

How can you support what is happening?

An American post was targeted by a NATO Allie at a time that trump opened up the region for genocide.

These were probably warning rounds, however we have just as much of a right to warn back.

She is the one who brought it up. If she thinks her post is irrelevant that is on her.
It doesn't really matter what you derail threads with, seeing how ALL of it shows to be irrelevant.

There are indications that there have been attacks on civilians on the Syria border including four people that were part of an ambulance crew. If this can be substantiated, this would prove beyond any doubt that it's evidence of ethnic cleansing. Right now, American troops are being isolated in one region and can clash with Turkish troops. Turkey has deliberately fired at US troops, they had U.S. coordinates. Turkey's an ally to the U.S. so it's logical and likely that they would have information about U.S. troop coordinates.

US troops believe Turkey deliberately fired artillery at an American commando outpost in Syria
Trump
authorized the release of $50 million in emergency assistance to Syrian human rights groups and other organizations working to protect civilians. This isn't going to be enough, this $50 million isn't going to erase the stain on Trump for these people being slaughtered.

Here's the most frightening statement I've heard from Trump in a long time.

"Don’t forget they are fighting for their land. They haven’t helped us fighting for our land," Trump told the Values Voters Summit Saturday night. “Let them have their borders, but I don’t think our soldiers should be there for the next 15 years guarding a border between Turkey and Syria when we can’t guard our own borders.“

This is terrifying to me because it reveals how Trump sees things. He couldn't get his wall so he's justifying what's going on in Syria because of not getting his wall. He has the emotional maturity of an eight year old child. Is he punishing Kurdish civilians and endangering U.S. troops in that region because he didn't get his wall? In other words, the US has nothing to gain from assisting the Kurds in Syria so he doesn't want our presence there.

I absolutely can't believe that Trump is that ignorant. It seems that this comment was nothing more than a very shallow, pathetic way to justify his actions in Syria, which cannot be justified no matter what reason he uses.

Why do you think the EU, along with other nations, hate the Kurds?

Acting Sec of defense Esper joins the Trumpkin, Sen Cramer (R-ND and member of Senate Armed Services Comm) oblivious goon squad claiming that "we did not sign up to fight Turkey at the border in defense of the Kurds"

OK Mr Secretary, I would ask you the same question I would ask Cramer and in fact ask Trump himself. If you goons thought that Erdogan had an actual worry regarding his border and his sovereignty and the Kurds then why didn't Trump advice Erdogan as a NATO ally to petition NATO for assistance in that regard. Are the Trumpettes and the Administration and Trumpkin himself this STUPID or are they simply this unscrupulous or are they both?

What was the sense of Trumpkin and Erdogan going rogue on this when they are both NATO allies? Maybe no benefit to the real boss, Putin? Maybe no financial benefit to Trumpkin nor political benefit to Erdogan? Whats the matter DonDon, no additional hotel suite bookings, no pat on the head from Putin if you actually did the right thing!

There are indications that there have been attacks on civilians on the Syria border including four people that were part of an ambulance crew. If this can be substantiated, this would prove beyond any doubt that it's evidence of ethnic cleansing. Right now, American troops are being isolated in one region and can clash with Turkish troops. Turkey has deliberately fired at US troops, they had U.S. coordinates. Turkey's an ally to the U.S. so it's logical and likely that they would have information about U.S. troop coordinates.

US troops believe Turkey deliberately fired artillery at an American commando outpost in Syria
Trump
authorized the release of $50 million in emergency assistance to Syrian human rights groups and other organizations working to protect civilians. This isn't going to be enough, this $50 million isn't going to erase the stain on Trump for these people being slaughtered.

Here's the most frightening statement I've heard from Trump in a long time.

"Don’t forget they are fighting for their land. They haven’t helped us fighting for our land," Trump told the Values Voters Summit Saturday night. “Let them have their borders, but I don’t think our soldiers should be there for the next 15 years guarding a border between Turkey and Syria when we can’t guard our own borders.“

This is terrifying to me because it reveals how Trump sees things. He couldn't get his wall so he's justifying what's going on in Syria because of not getting his wall. He has the emotional maturity of an eight year old child. Is he punishing Kurdish civilians and endangering U.S. troops in that region because he didn't get his wall? In other words, the US has nothing to gain from assisting the Kurds in Syria so he doesn't want our presence there.

I absolutely can't believe that Trump is that ignorant. It seems that this comment was nothing more than a very shallow, pathetic way to justify his actions in Syria, which cannot be justified no matter what reason he uses.

There are unsavory characters on every side of middle eastern conflicts, including on the American side. There will be no peace in the middle east until the Prince of Peace, The Lord Jesus Christ returns to set up His kingdom in earth.

There are unsavory characters on every side of middle eastern conflicts, including on the American side. There will be no peace in the middle east until the Prince of Peace, The Lord Jesus Christ returns to set up His kingdom in earth.

And some posters wonder why some Dems worry about religious incursions into the dealings of the state.

Mother of God!

US cutting and running (evacuating) like they did in Vietnam. I hope the Right is proud.

Owning the libs....losing Syria.

Just think of all "our allies" lives that could have been saved had the democrats agreed to the wall that they used to support until Trump supported it to.

Nice stretch. Really pathetic, but nice try.

Why do you think the EU, along with other nations, hate the Kurds?

Um, because they do not hate the Kurds. Where on earth did you get that idea?

And how will that come about. Will peace be hand delivered by Jesus Christ though an emissary of some sort?

Why are they letting them die without doing anything about it?

Think about your own question. As Turkey forces are murdering the Kurds at the Northeast border of Syria. Think about it.

Back
Top Bottom