• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. believes that Turkey deliberately fired artillery at U.S. troops

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
There are indications that there have been attacks on civilians on the Syria border including four people that were part of an ambulance crew. If this can be substantiated, this would prove beyond any doubt that it's evidence of ethnic cleansing. Right now, American troops are being isolated in one region and can clash with Turkish troops. Turkey has deliberately fired at US troops, they had U.S. coordinates. Turkey's an ally to the U.S. so it's logical and likely that they would have information about U.S. troop coordinates.

US troops believe Turkey deliberately fired artillery at an American commando outpost in Syria
Trump
authorized the release of $50 million in emergency assistance to Syrian human rights groups and other organizations working to protect civilians. This isn't going to be enough, this $50 million isn't going to erase the stain on Trump for these people being slaughtered.

Here's the most frightening statement I've heard from Trump in a long time.

"Don’t forget they are fighting for their land. They haven’t helped us fighting for our land," Trump told the Values Voters Summit Saturday night. “Let them have their borders, but I don’t think our soldiers should be there for the next 15 years guarding a border between Turkey and Syria when we can’t guard our own borders.“

This is terrifying to me because it reveals how Trump sees things. He couldn't get his wall so he's justifying what's going on in Syria because of not getting his wall. He has the emotional maturity of an eight year old child. Is he punishing Kurdish civilians and endangering U.S. troops in that region because he didn't get his wall? In other words, the US has nothing to gain from assisting the Kurds in Syria so he doesn't want our presence there.

I absolutely can't believe that Trump is that ignorant. It seems that this comment was nothing more than a very shallow, pathetic way to justify his actions in Syria, which cannot be justified no matter what reason he uses.

"Great and unmatched wisdom"... for the fail.

Turkey has nothing to fear from Trump's Military. He takes his orders from Putin, or whoever Putin tells him to listen to, not people in the U.S. military.

There are indications that there have been attacks on civilians on the Syria border including four people that were part of an ambulance crew. If this can be substantiated, this would prove beyond any doubt that it's evidence of ethnic cleansing. Right now, American troops are being isolated in one region and can clash with Turkish troops. Turkey has deliberately fired at US troops, they had U.S. coordinates. Turkey's an ally to the U.S. so it's logical and likely that they would have information about U.S. troop coordinates.

US troops believe Turkey deliberately fired artillery at an American commando outpost in Syria
Trump
authorized the release of $50 million in emergency assistance to Syrian human rights groups and other organizations working to protect civilians. This isn't going to be enough, this $50 million isn't going to erase the stain on Trump for these people being slaughtered.

"Don’t forget they are fighting for their land. They haven’t helped us fighting for our land," Trump told the Values Voters Summit Saturday night. “Let them have their borders, but I don’t think our soldiers should be there for the next 15 years guarding a border between Turkey and Syria when we can’t guard our own borders.“

This is terrifying to me because it reveals how Trump sees things. He couldn't get his wall so he's justifying what's going on in Syria because of not getting his wall. He has the emotional maturity of an eight year old child. Is he punishing Kurdish civilians and endangering U.S. troops in that region because he didn't get his wall? In other words, the US has nothing to gain from assisting the Kurds in Syria so he doesn't want our presence there.

I absolutely can't believe that Trump is that ignorant. It seems that this comment was nothing more than a very shallow, pathetic way to justify his actions in Syria, which cannot be justified no matter what reason he uses.

Get this, our troops aren’t leaving, they are standing with their allies and daring the turks to kill Americans, the military is even defying Trump, everyone from the military on down is fed up with this incompetent criminal liar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turkey has nothing to fear from Trump's Military. He takes his orders from Putin, or whoever Putin tells him to listen to, not people in the U.S. military.

Well, brothers in arms means something to these troops and they are standing by their allies, those 50, still there, because they believe in honor.

Trump

Just think of all "our allies" lives that could have been saved had the democrats agreed to the wall that they used to support until Trump supported it to.

Get this, our troops aren’t leaving, they are standing with their allies and daring the turks to kill Americans, the military is even defying Trump, everyone from the military on down is fed up with this incompetent criminal liar.

I doubt that will happen. This set up is better constructed than that.
The set up:
- Trump blusters about how he will monitor what happens as Turkey attacks and act accordingly if the Turks go too far. Ah-huh
- Turkey attacks across the border and is already 10 miles past their claimed buffer zone
- Turkish forces cut off the US troops in their bases, shells them with artillery and buzzes them from the air to warm them to stay put
- Russian and Syrian forces move north to serve two purposes, provide an anvil over which the Turks can batter the Kurds and provide justification for US forces to pull out completely
- US forces now ordered to leave their bases and withdraw completely
- 700 ISIS prisoners apparently already gone missing.

THANKS FOR PLAYING. Donald Vladimir Trumpkin calls the boss Putin for his pat on the head. How many times and in how many ways should we allow Trumpkin to just hand Putin and other authoritarians victory after victory over USA.

That said if Trumpkin counts votes among troopers and vets I doubt he is liking what he is seeing.

How much money did Trump make this month so far? That's all that matters.

Not that dead baby on the news.

Just think of all "our allies" lives that could have been saved had the democrats agreed to the wall that they used to support until Trump supported it to.

This conflict in the Middle East should have NO RELEVANCE WHATSOEVER to Trump's ****ing wall. PERIOD!

You mean THE WALL that Mexico was supposed to pay for that just got shot down in the Courts. that WALL? Humble is right....no relevance to the situation with Turkey and Syria.

I was glad to have read that also. The military represents a large portion of his voting base.

I was glad to have read that also. The military represents a large portion of his voting base.

I have to admit, if the Troopers on the ground actually defy the orders given to withdraw through our idiot Acting sec of defense, I will be much surprised but encouraged that there are more than just State Dept officials standing up to this criminal and corrupt administration.

The military resisting would be a real stunner and a real statement as well, scary but a real statement on Trump's criminality, corruption and incompetence, his unfitness for the office.

... Turkey has deliberately fired at US troops, they had U.S. coordinates. ...

"... A senior U.S. military official told Military Times on Friday that the incident was not an attack by Turkish forces, ...

CNN’s Barbara Starr reported, citing a U.S. official, that the U.S. has not come to a final determination on whether the Turkish artillery strike was deliberate. ..."

"... A senior U.S. military official told Military Times on Friday that the incident was not an attack by Turkish forces, ...

CNN’s Barbara Starr reported, citing a U.S. official, that the U.S. has not come to a final determination on whether the Turkish artillery strike was deliberate. ..."

The Turks have the full and detailed coordinates for that base and the shelling was not just a couple of stray rounds.

You got a link for that?

You mean THE WALL that Mexico was supposed to pay for that just got shot down in the Courts. that WALL? Humble is right....no relevance to the situation with Turkey and Syria.

She is the one who brought it up. If she thinks her post is irrelevant that is on her.

This conflict in the Middle East should have NO RELEVANCE WHATSOEVER to Trump's ****ing wall. PERIOD!

You should add it as a count to his impeachment.

... and you know that because of what exactly?

Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters at the Pentagon Friday that Turkey had the locations of U.S. forces “down to explicit grid coordinate detail.”

Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters at the Pentagon Friday that Turkey had the locations of U.S. forces “down to explicit grid coordinate detail.”

Doesn't say anything about the US confirming it was a deliberate attack.

Doesn't say anything about the US confirming it was a deliberate attack.

Read my post. Did I claim that the Pentagon has confirmed it is a deliberate attack? That said, I always follow the duck formula. If it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck, its a duck.

The reporting is that the shells bracketed the base. That sounds like an intentional warning to me and in truth IF one or more of those rounds strayed, they would not have had to stray far to hit the base.

I have to admit, if the Troopers on the ground actually defy the orders given to withdraw through our idiot Acting sec of defense, I will be much surprised but encouraged that there are more than just State Dept officials standing up to this criminal and corrupt administration.

The military resisting would be a real stunner and a real statement as well, scary but a real statement on Trump's criminality, corruption and incompetence, his unfitness for the office.

I have served under Reagan and I never trusted him to have Americans best interest at heart, however I was still willing to follow his orders.

I do not believe I could honor trumps orders as I truly believe he is an illegitimate president and his orders would be illegal.

My oath was to protect against all enemies both foreign and domestic, and we are facing the biggest threat to America, maybe ever...

Yes, the final determination on whether the strike was deliberate hasn't been made just yet, same as the determination that Turkish forces slaughtered four ambulance medical personnel. You don't happen to be Turkish do you? You appear to be leaning pro-Turkey.

Trump

I saw a link to that article on the Drudge Report front page this morning!

Read my post. Did I claim that the Pentagon has confirmed it is a deliberate attack? That said, I always follow the duck formula. If it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck, its a duck.

The reporting is that the shells bracketed the base. That sounds like an intentional warning to me and in truth IF one or more of those rounds strayed, they would not have had to stray far to hit the base.

You inserted yourself into my response to HumblePie's comment "... Turkey has deliberately fired at US troops ..."

If you don't want to follow that part of my "conversation" with HumblePie, maybe you should have just stayed out ... ;)

Back
Top Bottom