• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TX Pro-Lifer Pushing Death Penalty for Abortion

Are you trying to make a argument?

I support abortion because it is up to the woman to decide if she wants to risk her life in pregnancy or not
You support abortion because you're afraid of backlash. It's either that or you were a former future father who asked your gf to get rid of the little "problem" you two created in a moment of selfish abandon.

In your opinion. Most of the world disagrees
You have no idea what the rest of the world thinks on this subject.

You just parrot whatever MSNBC shovels.

You have no idea what the rest of the world thinks on this subject.

You just parrot whatever MSNBC shovels.
Just name all the countries that support your viewpoint.

I'll wait. LOL

You support abortion because you're afraid of backlash. It's either that or you were a former future father who asked your gf to get rid of the little "problem" you two created in a moment of selfish abandon.
Or I support the right of a woman to decide not to risk death in pregnancy

Just name all the countries that support your viewpoint.

I'll wait. LOL
I don't have to. I'm not the one who's saying the majority of the world agrees with you.

I don't have to. I'm not the one who's saying the majority of the world agrees with you.
Its ok. We both know its a very very very short list. LOL

Who said they have to get back alley abortions? Let's not over dramatize this thing. They DO have a choice to not kill.

The killing is bad enough, but why would someone want to go cloak and dagger as well to murder their unborn child? It's a disgusting proposition all the way around.
What's 'cloak and dagger' about driving somewhere? I already told you they may need to do so now for a closer facility.

And they do have choice...if they need an abortion, to go where they can safely have one.

Freedom to murder our unborn. That isn't freedom pal.
The fetus isn't yours and you don't get to tell people they can't do something legal. If you have to call abortion murder fine, call it what you want, it is still legal and yes deciding what to do with your life and the life of your fetus is freedom, Pal.

The question is: Will this bit of nonsensical political theater hurt Republican chances in coming elections, or help them?

Seems Biden won on a moderate ticket and Trump lost on an extremist ticket. I don't see this changing in the coming years. If anything, I think America is becoming more moderate as a whole. The Trump double-down failed in 2020 even with all the cards in his favor and I think it is only going to keep failing.
I hope you're right. If it wasn't for the COVID body count, Trump's double down probably would have won. We have four years to make him totally irrelevant. No letting our guard down.

I would hope most Americans see the absurdity in the Right Wing idea of killing people in the effort to save fetuses.
I hope Abbott continues to turn Texas into a third world shithole. It'll serve as a cautionary tale for the rest of the country. Of course they could always turn blue instead of freezing in the dark, and dying of COVID. 🤔

Crazy, but at least this time they're holding women responsible too. Usually its just the doctor they go after, when there wouldn't be an abortion if the woman didn't request it.
That's by design. They don't want to piss off half the voters.

I hope you're right. If it wasn't for the COVID body count, Trump's double down probably would have won. We have four years to make him totally irrelevant. No letting our guard down.

I share your hope. But I think the COVID body count actually worked in Trump's favor. At least since in the sense that it was a national crisis that, we have to admit, ultimately wasn't his fault. Yes, he could certainly have responded much better to the crisis, but so could the rest of us to one degree or another. Maybe he unnecessarily exacerbated it, but that isn't exactly clear to conservatives. Add this crisis to his status as the incumbent, and that indicates to me that he captured the fear vote of those who didn't want to shake things up during a time of uncertainty, which is always a massive benefit to an incumbent. It's possible that if there was no pandemic Trump may not have gotten as many votes. The Democrats and many Independents needed no motivation to remove him in 2020, but at least some conservatives and Independents needed a strong motivation to vote Republican in 2020, thanks to his prior antics. COVID may have been that motivation.

I may be wrong, but I think Trump did as well as he could have possibly done in 2020, given his personality and ignorance. Any other Republican president would likely have sailed through.

Don't give an inch in any circumstance. The opposing side is willing to do anything to take the decision out of woman's hands, but unwilling to do anything to help make raising a child any easier.

Well, that's the benefit of having god on your side, you don't ever have to make sense or present a consistent moral argument. In the name of any convenient deity, women can -and have- been sexually subjugated and controlled. It's really less about babies, though, and more about vaginas.

The vagina is a commodity to them, not just as a wonderfully fun orifice to have around but, ultimately, a magic baby door. It has a power that powerful men find intimidating, the powers of creation and seduction. The right woman can upset, with her beauty and charm, all the careful arrangements of masculine power. For a sweet ass, many men will gamble away their life's achievements, betray their comrades and, more importantly, renounce their faith. That ass is more powerful than all the threats of eternal damnation, and the religious power mongers know it. That's why some have taken to covering their women, head to toe, in black cloth, or demanding they never wear makeup or comfortable clothing. God likes women under His thumb, after all. It keeps them out of trouble.

This guy in Texas is an anachronism, but he's attempting to repeat a very long tradition of female oppression. It's what they do. Without that power to dish out the all-mighty *****, they are NOTHING representing a bigger sky-nothing. They are weak and pathetic middlemen taking their power, unfairly, from the women who truly possess it. If that's how god designed us, to either play the part of master or slave, he's not the solution, he's the problem.

You can't make this stuff up.

The measure is likely to fail, as others have before it, but it does go to show the crazy we all face, if we let down our guard for even one brief moment.
More:

Too extreme to get any support. If we are going to regulate abortion I think it should be done on a case by case situation. I think using abortion as a contraceptive should be illegal or at least not paid for by taxpayers. However I do think abortion can be necessary and needed. I can think of hundreds if not thousands of good reasons abortion is necessary and should be not only allowed but paid for by insurance and/or the government for the needy. I think in most cases your doctor should determine if it is necessary or needed.

Alabama and Arkansas....places where the average IQ is in the 80's and the Senators are even dumber than the football players.
When were statewide IQ tests administered?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom