• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TX Pro-Lifer Pushing Death Penalty for Abortion

Life begins at conception, and US law on this needs to be changed.
How can the law be changed and not violate women's Constitutional rights? Please be specific, we've explored this many times here.

What authority that Americans are obligated to follow recognizes a right to life for the unborn?

It doesn't matter if it never happens. What matters is how you act according to your conscience.
Isnt that what pro-choice enables? Exactly that? Do you object to the pro-choice position then, if so why?

It seems you recognize you dont have the right to impose your beliefs on individual women re: conscience. Is that correct?
I cant speak for that poster but I would be more than happy if women no longer needed to have abortions and they didnt occur. As it is, as we improve our society and socio-economic conditions for women improve, the abortion rate goes down every year.

There's nothing constitutional about women being granted the right to kill their unborn.

Women were given the green light by a corrupt Supreme Court.

Now it's time to correct that mistake.

Because women should not be legally allowed to choose death for their offspring.

There's nothing constitutional about women being granted the right to kill their unborn.

Women were given the green light by a corrupt Supreme Court.

Now it's time to correct that mistake.
That's false, why are you lying? The unborn has no rights. Women have the right to have abortions. More than one SCOTUS bench has upheld this. The original bench was mostly conservative and the decision was 7-2 :rolleyes:

You ignoring this is not a discussion, it's you claiming the something like 'the moon is made of green cheese.' Your statement is not founded in reality.

You want the decision reexamined...fine, but the Constitution isnt going away. What can the justices do that doesnt violate women's rights? And the unborn have no rights. What magic are you expecting? What legal basis do you see the current bench employing to end abortion? Prove that there is some semblance of reality behind your 'opinion.'

Because women should not be legally allowed to choose death for their offspring.
Who says? I've asked you this more than once.

What authority that Americans are obligated to follow says the unborn have a right to life?

Who says? I've asked you this more than once.
I say. The Right says. Americans with morals say.

The authority to actually enforce it isn't ours yet, but it will be. Just stay tuned. ;)

It's like watching the witch scene in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail." Rabble, rabble, rabble.

Just make sure you check to see if she floats like a duck before the sentence is carried out.

The authority to actually enforce it isn't ours yet, but it will be. Just stay tuned. ;)
So 'the right' no longer believes in personal liberty? Bodily autonomy? The Constitution?

Where will that 'authority' come from? Please explain. And spare me the empty 'wink,' this is a discussion forum...are you fantasizing or if not, please provide the legal basis that you believe SCOTUS can consider?

Otherwise, you are speaking from ignorance and wishful thinking, not substance.

So 'the right' no longer believes in personal liberty? Bodily autonomy? The Constitution?
Of course we do, all three times. We just don't accept murder, and you shouldn't either.

Where will that 'authority' come from? Please explain. And spare me the empty 'wink,' this is a discussion forum...are you fantasizing or if not, please provide the legal basis that you believe SCOTUS can consider?
Where it comes from is where it was. You just simply reverse the Roe v Wade decision and we're back to where it was. Simple.

See, murder is wrong. I don't know what members of the SC were smoking back then, but it's time to get that awful decision reversed.

Of course we do, all three times. We just don't accept murder, and you shouldn't either.
??? You cannot end abortion without violating all those things for women. What is your justification for that? Be specific. How can you violate those for women and not men if we're equal? Or are you ending bodily autonomy for men too? Will the govt be able to demand a man give up a kidney against his will to save another person's life? Will men have to give up due process too?

And it's not murder...you can type it and believe it...but we're talking about the law and Const. You cant end abortion without using laws. Laws have to be upheld by the Const to be enacted. So try using words properly.

There is plenty of legal, justified killing, like self-defense, war, death penalty, assisted suicide, pulling the plug, abortion, etc. Altho not everyone agrees with all those, they are legally justified and Constitutional.

Every single woman that gets an abortion has her justification, her need.

Where it comes from is where it was. You just simply reverse the Roe v Wade decision and we're back to where it was. Simple.
Abortion was legal in many states before RvW. And even more states, blue states esp., would still allow abortion now. So again, obviously it's not murder and obviously reversing RvW would not end legal abortion. So what is your point here? Women will just drive to another state.

See, murder is wrong. I don't know what members of the SC were smoking back then, but it's time to get that awful decision reversed.
That's your opinion. It's a hugely minority opinion in America where the majority of people support a woman's right to choose.

What right do you have to impose your 'opinion' on women that dont believe the same as you do?

Last edited:
??? You cannot end abortion without violating all those things for women. What is your justification for that? Be specific. How can you violate those for women and not men if we're equal? Or are you ending bodily autonomy for men too? Will the govt be able to demand a man give up a kidney against his will to save another person's life? Will men have to give up due process too?

And it's not murder...you can type it and believe it...but we're talking about the law and Const. You cant end abortion without using laws. Laws have to be upheld by the Const to be enacted. So try using words properly.

There is plenty of legal, justified killing, like self-defense, war, death penalty, assisted suicide, pulling the plug, abortion, etc. Altho not everyone agrees with all those, they are legally justified and Constitutional.

Every single woman that gets an abortion has her justification, her need.

Abortion was legal in many states before RvW. And even more states, blue states esp., would still allow abortion now. So again, obviously it's not murder and obviously reversing RvW would not end legal abortion. So what is your point here? Women will just drive to another state.

That's your opinion. It's a hugely minority opinion in America where the majority of people support a woman's right to choose.

What right do you have to impose your 'opinion' on women that dont believe the same as you do?
I'm not saying women aren't allowed to get abortions, as the law currently states that women can shitcan their unborn.

What I am saying is that murder is not constitutional, and abortion is STILL murder regardless what the courts say.

The country had it right until 1973. Now it's just a simple matter of reversing this very bad decision.

It doesn't matter how many times you repeat yourself, I'm forever in the "Abortion is wrong" camp, and we won't rest until the decision has either been reversed by the SC or the country goes through a violent shift to what is right and true.

I'm not saying women aren't allowed to get abortions, as the law currently states that women can shitcan their unborn.
We know that, I even wrote that it would need to BE ended :rolleyes: ...I asked you to justify preventing us from getting the procedures and all the Const rights violations that would incur. You just completely ignored it. Please answer it:
"You cannot end abortion without violating all those things for women. What is your justification for that? Be specific. How can you violate those for women and not men if we're equal? Or are you ending bodily autonomy for men too? Will the govt be able to demand a man give up a kidney against his will to save another person's life? Will men have to give up due process too?"

What I am saying is that murder is not constitutional, and abortion is STILL murder regardless what the courts say.
And since murder is a legal designation...you are wrong. You can only murder persons and the unborn are not considered persons. SCOTUS made this determination more than once. Our laws are based on this decision:

(a) In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative bureaus and agencies of the United States, the words “person”, “human being”, “child”, and “individual”, shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development.​
(b) As used in this section, the term “born alive”, with respect to a member of the species homo sapiens, means the complete expulsion or extraction from his or her mother of that member, at any stage of development, who after such expulsion or extraction breathes or has a beating heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, or definite movement of voluntary muscles, regardless of whether the umbilical cord has been cut, and regardless of whether the expulsion or extraction occurs as a result of natural or induced labor, cesarean section, or induced abortion.​
The country had it right until 1973. Now it's just a simple matter of reversing this very bad decision.
How so? What you claim is murder was legal in several states before RvW. Women would just drive to those states for abortions if RvW was reversed. How many times does this need to be provided to you? What dont you understand?

It doesn't matter how many times you repeat yourself, I'm forever in the "Abortion is wrong" camp, and we won't rest until the decision has either been reversed by the SC or the country goes through a violent shift to what is right and true.
I dont care if you think it's wrong, I've asked you to tell me why women should be forced, by law, to follow YOUR opinion when they dont share it? You have yet to explain the justification for violating women's rights in order to do what you 'predict.' It wont happen unless you believe that the high courts will reduce women back to 2nd class citizens again. Do you think they will?

Be careful what you wish for. The day religious zealots get to openly oppress women will be the day I start oppressing religious zealots.

If you want to live in Iran, go ahead. I warn you, though, it won't be as great as you think. Putting targets on others targets yourself. Those women you're dying to enslave are loved by other men, some of whom are large, mean and armed. You **** with my wife/sisters/neices, etc., and the flood gates of bloody reciprocity will open upon the lot of you Bible thumping misogynists and Jesus won't save you.

I hope you're ready to fully experience the consequences of making America a theocratic shit hole like Iran. I doubt you are.

The country had it right until 1973. Now it's just a simple matter of reversing this very bad decision. It doesn't matter how many times you repeat yourself, I'm forever in the "Abortion is wrong" camp, and we won't rest until the decision has either been reversed by the SC or the country goes through a violent shift to what is right and true.

I can understand being against abortion and I support your right to be against it. The Constitution supports your right to be against abortion and the Pro-Choice movement supports your right to be anti-abortion. What I do not understand is why you think it necessary for all families, families you will never interact with, never share a neighborhood with, never go to church with or even ever meet, why these families have to also be against abortion. How does the abortion of a woman far away in another state effect you or your family?

Be careful what you wish for. The day religious zealots get to openly oppress women will be the day I start oppressing religious zealots.

If you want to live in Iran, go ahead. I warn you, though, it won't be as great as you think. Putting targets on others targets yourself. Those women you're dying to enslave are loved by other men, some of whom are large, mean and armed. You **** with my wife/sisters/neices, etc., and the flood gates of bloody reciprocity will open upon the lot of you Bible thumping misogynists and Jesus won't save you.

I hope you're ready to fully experience the consequences of making America a theocratic shit hole like Iran. I doubt you are.
Well you're one big plate of scrambled eggs, aren't ya?

1. The day you start oppressing "religious zealots" is the day you wish you could take back. lol

2. Starting a war with "bible thumping mysoginists" means a long overdue ass kicking for your side. This isn't even a debate.

3. Stupid comparison. Iran is chiefly Muslim and we're the antithesis of Islam. YOU people are the ones who either jump to defend or go silent after those barbarians strike. You're so much more Iranian than anyone on my side would ever dream to be. Utopia is a myth - get over it.

4. America was not a theocratic shit hole prior to Roe v Wade, so your reference is hyperactive bullshit.

I can understand being against abortion and I support your right to be against it. The Constitution supports your right to be against abortion and the Pro-Choice movement supports your right to be anti-abortion. What I do not understand is why you think it necessary for all families, families you will never interact with, never share a neighborhood with, never go to church with or even ever meet, why these families have to also be against abortion. How does the abortion of a woman far away in another state effect you or your family?
If abortion is murder then it doesn't matter where it's being performed.

I believe abortion is murder, therefore, it doesn't matter who is having it done or where.

Well you're one big plate of scrambled eggs, aren't ya?

Not really, my point was clear. Just leave the eggs alone. They don't belong to you.

1. The day you start oppressing "religious zealots" is the day you wish you could take back. lol

What are you going to do, bomb my side back and prove my point about you turning us in to some theocratic shit hole? You are so oblivious to your own moral poverty and arrogance.

2. Starting a war with "bible thumping mysoginists" means a long overdue ass kicking for your side. This isn't even a debate.

That's right, there's nothing like an invisible, forgiving, all-loving god to murder for. Your brand of faith Is profoundly violent and has been the grease in the gears of fascism and oppression forever, a false promise cashed on the dead asses of young christian morons and their victims.

What a loss to the intellectual evolution of our species your ilk are. What an interesting theory you propose, that might makes right after all. What a fool's motto.

3. Stupid comparison. Iran is chiefly Muslim and we're the antithesis of Islam. YOU people are the ones who either jump to defend or go silent after those barbarians strike. You're so much more Iranian than anyone on my side would ever dream to be. Utopia is a myth - get over it.

Iran is a theocratic shit hole. Abortion on demand is illegal. They also like to treat women like property. You'd love it there. Saying they're Muslim doesn't change anything. Their crazy doesn't exonerate yours. It's really just another flavor of crazy, masquerading as a moral police force for society.

Who do you really think you're fooling? Just because you cons wrap yourselves in the trappings of moral certainty doesn't mean you're not utterly full of shit. It's about power for you, not power for god.

4. America was not a theocratic shit hole prior to Roe v Wade, so your reference is hyperactive bullshit.

This nation started as a theocratic shit hole, burning witches, and has crept slowly out of that darkness by virtue of its secular constitution. Roe V. Wade was an insult to religion the way Brown Vs. Board was an insult to racists. Oh, how loudly, and dramatically you weep for fetuses while cursing the whores who abort them and neglecting the basic human needs of those that aren't disposed of. That is the pathetic two-sided coin of pro-life rhetoric, you only love controlling life, not nurturing it. Hate of women is what really drives you. There's no other explanation.

If abortion is murder then it doesn't matter where it's being performed.

I believe abortion is murder, therefore, it doesn't matter who is having it done or where.

You can believe the moon is made of green cheese, doesn't make you right.

Back
Top Bottom