• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Two Numbers Show Trump is Toast

is this an honest prediction or your attempt to make yourself feel better? Most of the predictions I see are in the latter category.
I never say what I don’t mean.

1) A new poll from Gallup that asks the fundamental question: “Does President Donald Trump deserve to be reelected?”
56 percent say “no.”
43 percent say “yes.”
That’s -13 for Trump. Only 1 percent of the sample had no opinion.
This is death for an incumbent. By comparison: In the same poll, 60 percent of respondents said that their member of Congress deserves reelection and only 35 percent say their member does not.
So get your head around that: On the two federal offices that every American can vote on two weeks from now, the average member of Congress is +25 on reelect; President Trump is -13.

2) U.S. hits all-time high in new coronavirus cases, exceeding 80,000 in a day for the first time
At a time in which Trump is still denying the virus is much of a problem at all. "I say we're learning to live with it."
"We're learning to live with it" is a very bad message to be staking your presidency on.
While I agree with both I would add a third reason: Voter Turnout, right now people are voting in very large numbers and if it holds true through election day the Repubs and trump are in serious trouble, as even they admit a high voter turnout spells bad news for them.

Gallup is not reliable.

One month they claim there are 11% more Democrats than Republicans, several months later they claim that there are 1% more Republicans than Democrats.

If you believe Gallup, then you believe that as of today, there are more registered Republicans than Democrats. Even I don’t believe that.
LOL

I expect my taxes will go down, maybe to levels prior to Trump's so called "cut"

I expect that the change in tax treatment of 401Ks and IRAs will give middle and lower income people more incentive to save. I don't think it will harm you at all.
For someone who supported the spending of billions for a make believe border wall, you can't seem to get behind any program that would actually benefit anyone.

Your taxes are going to go down? :LOL:

What freaking turnip wagon did you just fall off of?

Biden cannot possibly deliver on his promises without tax hikes across the board. There is only so much discretionary spending to spread around.

Geees........... go to his freaking website and add up what he wants to spend over 10 years and then come back and tell us how you are going to pocket more money.

Your taxes are going to go down? :LOL:

What freaking turnip wagon did you just fall off of?

Biden cannot possibly deliver on his promises without tax hikes across the board. There is only so much discretionary spending to spread around.

Geees........... go to his freaking website and add up what he wants to spend over 10 years and then come back and tell us how you are going to pocket more money.

I'm on the turnip wagon that you are hitched up to and pulling.

While I agree with both I would add a third reason: Voter Turnout, right now people are voting in very large numbers and if it holds true through election day the Repubs and trump are in serious trouble, as even they admit a high voter turnout spells bad news for them.
I read a report (I think 538) that said anything over 150 million votes is a landslide for Dems. 538 projects 154 million.

I read a report (I think 538) that said anything over 150 million votes is a landslide for Dems. 538 projects 154 million.
I think it may go higher but I will settle for that.

The massive turnout we're seeing right now isn't a good sign for Trump and his band of bootlickers.
The massive turnout is indicative of the virus forcing people to vote early and isn't as big an indication for a Biden lead as imagined. A bigger factor is that people who would have to stand in a line for 10 to 12 hours, just wouldn't do it.

10 and 12 hour waits to vote means that America is no longer a democracy.
But the brainwashed people still think they are a democratic country.

I don't make predictions as to who will win simply because the 2016 election taught me a lot about DJT and polls.

I am, however, keeping track of all those who believe Biden will win...

Who will the naysayers blame should Trump win?

Good topic for a poll...

I don't make predictions as to who will win simply because the 2016 election taught me a lot about DJT and polls.

I am, however, keeping track of all those who believe Biden will win...

Who will the naysayers blame should Trump win?

Good topic for a poll...

He looks like toast in that picture. I actually have no clue who will win.

I wouldn't be shocked if Trump won. His people are way more excited about him. It's too good to be true to get rid of him.

He looks like toast in that picture. I actually have no clue who will win.

I wouldn't be shocked if Trump won. His people are way more excited about him. It's too good to be true to get rid of him.

If Trump wins, will you accept it?

And if not, why not?

If Trump wins, will you accept it?

And if not, why not?

Absolutely!

I'm still a Conservative at heart. I think Trump is an awful person and I'm shocked more people don't see this. That being said, I will always support the President during non election times.

I'm in a win/win situation or lose/lose depending on how you look at it. Probably closer to lose/lose since I think both candidates are garbage.

Back
Top Bottom