• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Two Numbers Show Trump is Toast

jpn

Retired Navy Commander
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
1) A new poll from Gallup that asks the fundamental question: “Does President Donald Trump deserve to be reelected?”
56 percent say “no.”
43 percent say “yes.”
That’s -13 for Trump. Only 1 percent of the sample had no opinion.
This is death for an incumbent. By comparison: In the same poll, 60 percent of respondents said that their member of Congress deserves reelection and only 35 percent say their member does not.
So get your head around that: On the two federal offices that every American can vote on two weeks from now, the average member of Congress is +25 on reelect; President Trump is -13.

2) U.S. hits all-time high in new coronavirus cases, exceeding 80,000 in a day for the first time
At a time in which Trump is still denying the virus is much of a problem at all. "I say we're learning to live with it."
"We're learning to live with it" is a very bad message to be staking your presidency on.

1) A new poll from Gallup that asks the fundamental question: “Does President Donald Trump deserve to be reelected?”
56 percent say “no.”
43 percent say “yes.”
This is death for an incumbent. By comparison: In the same poll, 60 percent of respondents said that their member of Congress deserves reelection and only 35 percent say their member does not.
So get your head around that: On the two federal offices that every American can vote on two weeks from now, the average member of Congress is +25 on reelect; President Trump is -13.

2) U.S. hits all-time high in new coronavirus cases, exceeding 80,000 in a day for the first time
At a time in which Trump is still denying the virus is much of a problem at all. "I say we're learning to live with it."
"We're learning to live with it" is a very bad message to be staking your presidency on.
As has often been stated, it's not the national numbers that matter, but rather what the sentiments in the battle-ground states are.

As has often been stated, it's not the national numbers that matter, but rather what the sentiments in the battle-ground states are.
That's true. However, I wouldn't be at all shocked it Trump receives fewer votes then he got in 2016.

Just wait till the cherry pickers see this thread!

56 percent say “no.”
43 percent say “yes.”

Gallup is not reliable.

One month they claim there are 11% more Democrats than Republicans, several months later they claim that there are 1% more Republicans than Democrats.

If you believe Gallup, then you believe that as of today, there are more registered Republicans than Democrats. Even I don’t believe that.

56 percent say “no.”
43 percent say “yes.”

It takes a lot of ignorance to vote for more Don. I'm sad to see 43% are that dumb. But, there is comfort to be found knowing a majority are not.

If you believe Gallup, then you believe that as of today, there are more registered Republicans than Democrats. Even I don’t believe that.

See what you did there? You added "registered". However, that's not what the poll was about. It asked

"In politics, as of today, do you consider yourself a Republican, a Democrat or an independent? "

Just a head's up. At this point in the game polling registered voters means very little. Polling likely voters is what matters.

That's true. However, I wouldn't be at all shocked it Trump receives fewer votes then he got in 2016.
Hm. Interesting. I honestly can't speak to that.

See what you did there? You added "registered". However, that's not what the poll was about. It asked

"In politics, as of today, do you consider yourself a Republican, a Democrat or an independent? "
My bad.

However, Gallup shows wild fluctuation in the number of voters who consider themselves Democrats vs. Republicans. Currently, according to Gallup, more voters consider themselves Republicans.

Why Trump will win Pennsylvania? Biden wants to get rid of fossil fuels and told us so in the last debate. Good jobs going away!
That sucking sound is Biden losing PA after he told us the truth for once.

A majority of Americans find themselves better off under President Trump than they were four years ago, according to a new poll.
Fifty-six percent of registered voters say they’re better off now,
while 32 percent said they’re worse off, Gallup found in a survey out this week.

The number is a vast improvement compared to 2012 under the Obama administration, when 45 percent of voters said they were better off than in 2008.

I think Biden is going to get over 300 votes in the EC.

He damn well better. If Biden doesn't get at least 350 EC, Trump will try to use legal leverage with his personal private label AG and his personal private label SCOTUS justice to rat-f*ck the election. He will still scream bloody murder even if Biden gets 538, but at 350 or thereabouts, nobody will even give him a hearing, not even his best boys and girls. Screaming is not litigation.

He damn well better. If Biden doesn't get at least 350 EC, Trump will try to use legal leverage with his personal private label AG and his personal private label SCOTUS justice to rat-f*ck the election. He will still scream bloody murder even if Biden gets 538, but at 350 or thereabouts, nobody will even give him a hearing, not even his best boys and girls. Screaming is not litigation.
Here's the deal:

With quite a few states within the MOE or close, a several point swing either-way will have huge EC consequences. Anything from a Trump moderate win, to a Biden blow-out. Yep, a 3 pt window can do that! And 3pt polling differential is not uncommon at all. In fact, it's rather typical.

Actual Voters...

Swing State voters guaranteed not to be Trump voters. See it and seethe. ...lol

God, that is sick! Really sick. That's not democracy, we're looking at.

God, that is sick! Really sick. That's not democracy, we're looking at.
The GOP in Ohio is desperate to suppress the vote, as we can all see.

...A majority of Americans find themselves better off under President Trump than they were four years ago,...
lol...talk about a post completely disconnected from reality.

Let me guess. You believe we should just learn to live with family members dying from COVID. Amirite?

Why Trump will win Pennsylvania? Biden wants to get rid of fossil fuels and told us so in the last debate. Good jobs going away!
You're living in the past.
The recently published Department of Energy 2017 U.S. Energy and Employment Report shows that clean electricity jobs are no doubt the engine that drives America’s electric energy economy, outstripping the number of paychecks provided by the fossil fuel industry by at least five to one.

And, far more people work in the health care industry in Pennsylvania than in fossil fuel industry. Overturning the ACA would kick millions of Americans out of health care and that will cost thousands of jobs.

The massive turnout we're seeing right now isn't a good sign for Trump and his band of bootlickers.

Back
Top Bottom