• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Two Numbers Show Trump is Toast

As has often been stated, it's not the national numbers that matter, but rather what the sentiments in the battle-ground states are.

Here is something to consider: According to state and district pie charts on 270towin, the nation's capital has by far the highest percentage (88) of Joe Biden supporters. Only 10 percent of likely voters support Donald Trump where he lives and works full-time.

Here is something to consider: According to state and district pie charts on 270towin, the nation's capital has by far the highest percentage (88) of Joe Biden supporters. Only 10 percent of likely voters support Donald Trump where he lives and works full-time.

I can't wait until 2021, when the Dems will make DC a state. Yay!

Reactions: jpn
1) A new poll from Gallup that asks the fundamental question: “Does President Donald Trump deserve to be reelected?”
56 percent say “no.”
43 percent say “yes.”
That’s -13 for Trump. Only 1 percent of the sample had no opinion.
This is death for an incumbent. By comparison: In the same poll, 60 percent of respondents said that their member of Congress deserves reelection and only 35 percent say their member does not.
So get your head around that: On the two federal offices that every American can vote on two weeks from now, the average member of Congress is +25 on reelect; President Trump is -13.

2) U.S. hits all-time high in new coronavirus cases, exceeding 80,000 in a day for the first time
At a time in which Trump is still denying the virus is much of a problem at all. "I say we're learning to live with it."
"We're learning to live with it" is a very bad message to be staking your presidency on.
Now counter that against ethusasiam for a candidate where bidens numbers are... in the dumpster.

The confidence of 2016 is still ringing in my head. It's not over until it's over. Trump could still win. The Republicans have been relentless with their voter intimidation, and other tricks (e.g. slowing down the mail). The liars and conspiracy theorist have been working overtime. It's going to be a long 10 days.

As has often been stated, it's not the national numbers that matter, but rather what the sentiments in the battle-ground states are.

I don't understand your election system, especially the Electoral College. Seems to me there's no point in voting in the other states as your vote would be virtually worthless.

I think Biden is going to get over 300 votes in the EC.

Real Clear Politics and 270towin show Joe Biden winning more than 300 Electoral College votes even without Texas and Florida.

That will be a Senatorial boon for the Dems, if statehood is granted for them & PR. And IMHO, statehood is long overdue for those citizens.

Statehood is unnecessary to make my point here. I don't know why anybody would bring it up.

lol...talk about a post completely disconnected from reality.

Let me guess. You believe we should just learn to live with family members dying from COVID. Amirite?
That must have been the billionaires poll.

It makes me feel sick that 40% of Americans say trump deserves 4 more years.

These are sick people voting for a sick man. I can't even describe how badly trump disgust me.

And those that vote for him are worse. We know who and what you are. Your future looks dim.

It makes me feel sick that 40% of Americans say trump deserves 4 more years.

These are sick people voting for a sick man. I can't even describe how badly trump disgust me.

And those that vote for him are worse. We know who and what you are. Your future looks dim.
Like I said In the first election the only people that would vote for trump are those with a very sick sense of humor...

Rich people like trump.

$60,000 to $120,000 a year tax savings is not unheard of for rich people.

What would you do for that kind of money?

Then you have gun owners who are mostly working class but are willing to shoulder extra taxes because trump says he'll protect their guns. Same with the anti-abortion crowd.

That's true. However, I wouldn't be at all shocked it Trump receives fewer votes then he got in 2016.
Honestly, I wouldn’t be shocked if Trump gets more, less, or the same amount of votes.

2016 taught me that there are far, far more truly stupid Americans than I’d ever previously considered.

Gallup is not reliable.

One month they claim there are 11% more Democrats than Republicans, several months later they claim that there are 1% more Republicans than Democrats.

If you believe Gallup, then you believe that as of today, there are more registered Republicans than Democrats. Even I don’t believe that.
And if you believe polls from a year ago, what does that say for you?

Rich people like trump.

$60,000 to $120,000 a year tax savings is not unheard of for rich people.

What would you do for that kind of money?

Then you have gun owners who are mostly working class but are willing to shoulder extra taxes because trump says he'll protect their guns. Same with the anti-abortion crowd.
Biden will attack gun owners while jacking up the taxes of EVERYONE who pays federal income taxes.

Why Trump will win Pennsylvania? Biden wants to get rid of fossil fuels and told us so in the last debate. Good jobs going away!
That sucking sound is Biden losing PA after he told us the truth for once.

A majority of Americans find themselves better off under President Trump than they were four years ago, according to a new poll.
Fifty-six percent of registered voters say they’re better off now,
while 32 percent said they’re worse off, Gallup found in a survey out this week.

The number is a vast improvement compared to 2012 under the Obama administration, when 45 percent of voters said they were better off than in 2008.

Ya know what else was in the Gallup poll you posted?
584E4F02-7C6B-43AE-B335-20B8C9DD9CD0.jpeg

Talking points?
his own website. What do you think happens if Biden cancels the Trump tax cuts, raises the rates on capital gains, tries to end the tax breaks on 401Ks and IRAs and raises corporate taxes? His entire scheme will allegedly raised about 4.3 trillion (assuming companies don't leave, etc) while his new pandering programs cost over 7 trillion

He damn well better. If Biden doesn't get at least 350 EC, Trump will try to use legal leverage with his personal private label AG and his personal private label SCOTUS justice to rat-f*ck the election. He will still scream bloody murder even if Biden gets 538, but at 350 or thereabouts, nobody will even give him a hearing, not even his best boys and girls. Screaming is not litigation.
Trump will cry foul no matter, but yeah, an all out ass whoopin’ will take the wind out of his sails.

Also, a big loss will undoubtedly be followed by a stampede of Republican officials trying to get as far away from Trump quickly as possible.

Gallup is not reliable.

One month they claim there are 11% more Democrats than Republicans, several months later they claim that there are 1% more Republicans than Democrats.

If you believe Gallup, then you believe that as of today, there are more registered Republicans than Democrats. Even I don’t believe that.
You do know that if Gallup is oversampling Republicans in their polls like you claim then Bidens lead is much higher than they report.

Trump will cry foul no matter, but yeah, an all out ass whoopin’ will take the wind out of his sails.

Also, a big loss will undoubtedly be followed by a stampede of Republican officials trying to get as far away from Trump quickly as possible.
is this an honest prediction or your attempt to make yourself feel better? Most of the predictions I see are in the latter category.

his own website. What do you think happens if Biden cancels the Trump tax cuts, raises the rates on capital gains, tries to end the tax breaks on 401Ks and IRAs and raises corporate taxes? His entire scheme will allegedly raised about 4.3 trillion (assuming companies don't leave, etc) while his new pandering programs cost over 7 trillion
I expect my taxes will go down, maybe to levels prior to Trump's so called "cut"

I expect that the change in tax treatment of 401Ks and IRAs will give middle and lower income people more incentive to save. I don't think it will harm you at all.
For someone who supported the spending of billions for a make believe border wall, you can't seem to get behind any program that would actually benefit anyone.

Going back to the above example, the high-income taxpayer who’s contributing $10,000 a year would get a credit of $2,600. That’s compared to a deduction of $2,400 under the current framework.

Meanwhile, the low-income worker saving $4,000 a year would get a credit of $1,040. He would’ve had a $480 deduction under the current system.

2) U.S. hits all-time high in new coronavirus cases, exceeding 80,000 in a day for the first time
At a time in which Trump is still denying the virus is much of a problem at all. "I say we're learning to live with it."
"We're learning to live with it" is a very bad message to be staking your presidency on.

Well, what else can ya do? Can't live in a basement forever.

I expect my taxes will go down, maybe to levels prior to Trump's so called "cut"

I expect that the change in tax treatment of 401Ks and IRAs will give middle and lower income people more incentive to save. I don't think it will harm you at all.
For someone who supported the spending of billions for a make believe border wall, you can't seem to get behind any program that would actually benefit anyone.

where do you come up with that crap?

Back
Top Bottom