• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Twitter employees distraught over Musk buyout, too 'in shock to speak': report

I had not heard that Twitter swayed an election. Who owns that whacky conspiracy theory?
Of COURSE you hadnt. YOU thought it was totally legit to bury the Hunter Biden story and to push the leftist agenda. Just like you thought it was super fair of Twitter to ban conservatives while still allowing leaders of terrorist organizations to operate freely on their platform.

Seems pretty standard to me. One side upset they are losing their power to people they dont like. One side happy they are taking power from people they dont like. Its just a game for most people.
Except nothing's been close to realized yet, so it's a lot of emotional energy expended without any real plan or action to react against. The reactions should be saved for when there's a better understanding of how Musk's vision materializes on the content moderation front, because there will be other factors to consider on the business side beyond just the idea of "free speech"; which in and of itself has been a bit of a red herring in that those tossed from the application were a result of ToS violations and not because they were people who weren't liked.

I've said it before that social media companies becoming arbiters of "truth" was going to be a really precarious road, but wanting to preserve Twitter's relevance will depend on what kind of content surfaces. It's why I'm interested in seeing how this all plays out in terms of the overall revenue generating model (subscription vs. ad sales) because one will be better suited for a more open environment than the other. There will also have to be expectations management for those who might think this means they can post their Holocaust denial theories on the platform.

I have whiplash from watching the back and forth, politically, on who here loves Musk, and who here hates Musk, from one month to the next.

Works for me! Hey, @ElChupacabra, did my link to the android download app for Truth Social work for you?
It did indeed. I was very tempted to sign up and test Truth Social's content moderation by creating an account and flooding it with anti Trump content until I saw the ToS which state you cannot quite do that:

Truth Social ToS said:
disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site

So is this where I pray to the Oligarch gods and ask for one of the elites to swoop in and buy Truth Social because "FREE SPEECH!!"?

If that’s true I think it’s super funny. What are they afraid of?
Layoffs should be the first concern. It's a safe bet they will come; particularly on the content moderation side, though I assume they probably outsource most of the actual work to a third party. It's those charged with managing the process who should be concerned.

Why should they leave?
If they are not happy..

I personally refuse to work for a company I do not support or believe in.

Which cult - the left or the right?

One is outraged by a woman screaming at the sky in protest of reality. The other is outraged by the Big Lie and those that still push it. It's not really left and right. It's sane and unAmerican scum.

Is there no other place but twitter to get a Hunter Biden story?

Is there no other place but twitter to get a Hunter Biden story?

They can't cite HunterLaptopTruth.com all the time. People are starting to see through that.

I hope it didn't hurt your feewings.
So, back to Truth Social. We know that you can access it. Why weren't you interested in it, and why was it so important to you to avoid Truth Social that you had to lie about not being able to access it?

Trumpism in a nutshell.

Actually that is a good question. Which news sites are considered trust worthy for Republicans?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…