• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Turns out Giuliani himself is under investigation now

You have to ask yourself where Barr is and what he is doing. He has already declined to prosecute several referals of crimes made to him by the right. Why isnt he applying an equally rigid adherence to the law to the left?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Interesting question and one that I'm not sure anyone can answer, unless they just babble off their own opinions.

Rudy is about the get an up close and personal look at the underside of a very fast moving bus.

It has already started revving too. Trump was asked about Rudy yesterday about if he was still his lawyer.
He Michael Cohen'd the **** out of him.
We are about a week away from the inevitable, "I hardly know Rudy, he did some light work for me, but I don't really know him that well."

Is anyone in DC politics not under some kind of investigation any more? Democrats claim no democrat deserves to be under investigation but that every powerful republican needs to be under investigation. That is the sad condition of modern politics.

Citation please.

Kinda kills the "Barr is crooked" theory.

Yeah and introduces the Barr is saving his own skin trajectory.
Why not use the most useful of idiots as the fall guy while you escape out the back?

It has already started revving too. Trump was asked about Rudy yesterday about if he was still his lawyer.
He Michael Cohen'd the **** out of him.
We are about a week away from the inevitable, "I hardly know Rudy, he did some light work for me, but I don't really know him that well."

yeah.... "he was only with me for a very short time"......

Interesting question and one that I'm not sure anyone can answer, unless they just babble off their own opinions.
Im being patient but so far i dont have a lot of faith in him. We will learn a lot about him when these investigations conclude and see what actions he takes. My gut is telling me to prepare to be disappointed with him but im hoping im wrong about him.

giphy.gif

Im being patient but so far i dont have a lot of faith in him. We will learn a lot about him when these investigations conclude and see what actions he takes. My gut is telling me to prepare to be disappointed with him but im hoping im wrong about him.

It seems to me that the intense partisanship over the last few years has really effected just about everyone. Under Obama the right had a bunch of nonsense and now under Trump the left has quadrupled the nonsense. The Trump administration has been forced to abuse it's power in order to counter the left abusing their power. I don't know when or if it will ever end but I believe Barr is just caught between a rock and a hard place in wanting to do his job to the best of his abilities and having to defend partisan investigations by having his own partisan investigations. I think he believes you have to counter partisan witch hunt CT investigations with partisan witch hunt CT investigations in order to balance it all out. That's my theory. If both sides would just quit with the nonsense everyone, including the DOJ, could do the business of running the country. I don't know where the dust settles.

It seems to me that the intense partisanship over the last few years has really effected just about everyone. Under Obama the right had a bunch of nonsense and now under Trump the left has quadrupled the nonsense. The Trump administration has been forced to abuse it's power in order to counter the left abusing their power. I don't know when or if it will ever end but I believe Barr is just caught between a rock and a hard place in wanting to do his job to the best of his abilities and having to defend partisan investigations by having his own partisan investigations. I think he believes you have to counter partisan witch hunt CT investigations with partisan witch hunt CT investigations in order to balance it all out. That's my theory. If both sides would just quit with the nonsense everyone, including the DOJ, could do the business of running the country. I don't know where the dust settles.

It ends with Trump in jail and disgraced along with the Republican party.

:thumbs:

Democrats made Trump do corruption....

:lamo

So, you're fine with Democrats abusing their power?

:roll:

Everyone will say they are against abuses of power, you're going to have to be more specific. Giuliani and his associates are under investigation by federal agencies. Trumps administration in getting inundated by whistleblower complaints from career intelligence officers. Do you have anything comparable on Democrats?

Everyone will say they are against abuses of power, you're going to have to be more specific. Giuliani and his associates are under investigation by federal agencies. Trumps administration in getting inundated by whistleblower complaints from career intelligence officers. Do you have anything comparable on Democrats?
Someone who is put in a position of trust by being privy to sensative information and leaks that information isnt an abuse of power?

Yeah and introduces the Barr is saving his own skin trajectory.
Why not use the most useful of idiots as the fall guy while you escape out the back?

The CT's never end with you people...lol. Do you hate Barr because he's white?

Someone who is put in a position of trust by being privy to sensative information and leaks that information isnt an abuse of power?

Again, you are going to have to be more specific. You can cry all day long about Democrats not being fair to Trump with investigation after investigation but they have born fruit. Sure this one is just getting started but Mueller's investigation lead to 7 guilty pleas, 4 people sent to prison, tens of millions of dollars confiscated and catalogued ten separate instances of Trump attempting to obstruct justice. Compare that to the 9 bengahzi hearings that amounted to what exactly? :shrug:

So do you have a specific gripe or do just want to derp about the deep state and everyone being meanies to you and Trump?

You have to ask yourself where Barr is and what he is doing. He has already declined to prosecute several referals of crimes made to him by the right. Why isnt he applying an equally rigid adherence to the law to the left?

That’s not hard.

Most of the right wing referrals are made in order to get a story out into the news cycle, both to advance a meme and to be used for fundraising opportuniies. They’re not actually serious about pursuing any of them. They know there isn’t anything to most of it, but they need to keep the bobble heads bobbing.

It’s standard practice. It’s the same play they used to use when they were promoting their equally baseless voter fraud meme. They would file a nuisance suit a week or so before the election and promote it all over the right wing blogs. Then right after the election, the suit would disappear, and no one in talk radio land would notice.

Of course he is. The out of control leftists investigate everything from the right that moves. The deep state and abuse of power run deep.

Yes, because that’s so much worse than investigating everything that doesn’t move, like looking for Obama’s secret Kenyan birth certificate for six years straight, LOL. Or maybe we can go back to investigating Hillary‘s secret pedophilia ring out of a pizza joint.

In a rapidly evolving story, two of Mr. Giuliani’s contacts in the Ukraine were recently arrested. It turns out he may be under investigation as well.

Fascinating. This is becoming like those mob movies where everyone around the big boss is getting arrested as investigators work their way slowly to the top. It started with Flynn, Manafort, Cohen, etc... and now working it’s way up bit by bit.

Obviously, surrounding yourself with corrupt people is the best way to fight corruption. :shrug:

The fact that Republican voters put up with this nonsense explains why Republicans are 90 times more likely to be indicted and convicted. Republicans are willing to overlook corruption as long as you advance their agenda.

Again, you are going to have to be more specific. You can cry all day long about Democrats not being fair to Trump with investigation after investigation but they have born fruit. Sure this one is just getting started but Mueller's investigation lead to 7 guilty pleas, 4 people sent to prison, tens of millions of dollars confiscated and catalogued ten separate instances of Trump attempting to obstruct justice. Compare that to the 9 bengahzi hearings that amounted to what exactly? :shrug:

So do you have a specific gripe or do just want to derp about the deep state and everyone being meanies to you and Trump?
Just remember to apply that same standard when people are being indicted as a result of barrs current investigations. And please make sure you put the same smugness on display toward anyone who critizes it.

That’s not hard.

Most of the right wing referrals are made in order to get a story out into the news cycle, both to advance a meme and to be used for fundraising opportuniies. They’re not actually serious about pursuing any of them. They know there isn’t anything to most of it, but they need to keep the bobble heads bobbing.

It’s standard practice. It’s the same play they used to use when they were promoting their equally baseless voter fraud meme. They would file a nuisance suit a week or so before the election and promote it all over the right wing blogs. Then right after the election, the suit would disappear, and no one in talk radio land would notice.
I can and do say much the same about all the noise the democrats hsve been making.

Just remember to apply that same standard when people are being indicted as a result of barrs current investigations. And please make sure you put the same smugness on display toward anyone who critizes it.

What investigations is Barr doing other than begging foreign countries to contradict the findings of our and their own intelligence agencies?

I can and do say much the same about all the noise the democrats hsve been making.

So what happened to draining the swamp? It’s a snake pit now.

So what happened to draining the swamp? It’s a snake pit now.
Looks to me like a good many of the swamp critters have been exposed for who they are.

Career intelligence officers who are registered Democrats, part of Obama's deep state. When Mueller didn't come through for them then they had to come up with a new plan.

Back
Top Bottom