• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trust Harris or Trump?

Who do you trust to quell the riots, Trump or Kamala Harris?

• Harris, by far

Votes: 42 72.4%
  • Trump is the law and order president

Votes: 16 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the people Trump pardoned engaged in "lying" to the government The people Obama/Biden pardoned mainly consisted of career narcotics gangsters. Democrat Mayors and Governors have let hard core VIOLENT criminals out of prison but want to jail bartenders, shopkeepers and gym owners for trying to make a living despite the lockdown orders
Michael Flynn was convicted of lying to the FBI in a national security matter, which used to be considered a serious crime pre-Trump.

Roger Stone was convicted on seven counts, including witness tampering and lying to investigators. Those are also not trivial crimes, no matter how hard you try to marginalize them.

Joseph Arpaio was pardoned for contempt of court.

Scooter Libby was pardoned for obstruction of justice; false statements and perjury.

Jack Johnson was pardoned after being convicted of violating the White Slavery Act.

Dinesh D'Souza was pardoned for campaign contribution fraud.

Dwight Lincoln Hammond and Steven Dwight Hammond were pardoned for use of fire to damage and destroy property of the United States, the same crime Trump Is up in arms about protesters in Portland.

Michael Flynn was convicted of lying to the FBI in a national security matter, which used to be considered a serious crime pre-Trump.

Roger Stone was convicted on seven counts, including witness tampering and lying to investigators. Those are also not trivial crimes, no matter how hard you try to marginalize them.

Joseph Arpaio was pardoned for contempt of court.

Scooter Libby was pardoned for obstruction of justice; false statements and perjury.

Jack Johnson was pardoned after being convicted of violating the White Slavery Act.

Dinesh D'Souza was pardoned for campaign contribution fraud.

Dwight Lincoln Hammond and Steven Dwight Hammond were pardoned for use of fire to damage and destroy property of the United States, the same crime Trump Is up in arms about protesters in Portland.

I don't see a single violent criminal in that group same for the Hammonds-whom I will have to look up

Who do you trust to quell the riots, Trump or Kamala Harris?

Kamala Harris, while service as district attorney, put a lot of criminals behind bars.

Trump hasn't put any criminals behind bars.
Harrisnt isnt running for potus, Trump is

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Harrisnt isnt running for potus, Trump is

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

clearly some of the hard core Democrat voters realize that Biden is nothing more than a placeholder and see Harris as the real candidate even though she was a far distant loser in the primaries

Didn't vote on this poll. Trump is President. Harris is a Senator and a VP candidate. She can do nothing at this time to stop riots. If Biden gets elected she is only the VP. Can't do much unless the President approves.

intelligent? her performance during the nomination campaign was pathetic. She flunked the bar. she gave blow jobs to get her first appointments.

Amy Klobuchar is boring and people I know well who knew her in college says she has the personality of a soap dish but she really did graduate with high honors and then did well at one of the very best law schools. She had far more experience then Harris and did better in the debates. But she wasn't black

Got it. Even though you don't think very highly of women to begin with, you prefer white women over women of color. Where did you get your blow job facts? Links please. If you can't back up your nasty slanderous statement, then you're no better or less racist than the childish bully in the white house.

Got it. Even though you don't think very highly of women to begin with, you prefer white women over women of color. Where did you get your blow job facts? Links please. If you can't back up your nasty slanderous statement, then you're no better or less racist than the childish bully in the white house.

I realize when someone cannot fashion an intelligent argument, they want to throw the race card. I am glad that he picked Harris since she is far less competent than the much smarter Klobuchar and has far more baggage. It is undeniable she didn't pass the bar the first time she took it or that she performed sexual favors in order to get appointments. And you can take your feigned indignation and stow it-some of the comments you have made about Trump are worse and have less factual backing.

If HH is laughing, I must be on to something.

It’s the Democrats have abandoned law and order?
That's what we see in Portland and other cities.

Trump pardons and goes easy on convicted felons, as long as they do his political bidding. Meanwhile, Republicans argue that Harris was too tough on criminals and also easy on criminals. It’s hilarious to watch.
If you mean Roger Stone, he was not pardoned. His sentence was commuted. Given his age and the health of his wife, it's exactly the sort of case that should be commuted.

I have not heard that Harris was too harsh. It was that she was ineffective.

If HH is laughing, I must be on to something.

Yeah, in about a week the people unemployed by the virus run out of cash. Nothing gets bought. Rents don't get paid. Mortgages get foreclosed on.

You keep singing about the economy, dude.

Yeah, in about a week the people unemployed by the virus run out of cash. Nothing gets bought. Rents don't get paid. Mortgages get foreclosed on. You keep singing about the economy, dude.
It's nice of you to credit Trump with stealing a move on Pelosi and Schumer. The EO extending the unemployment payments was a master stroke.

It's nice of you to credit Trump with stealing a move on Pelosi and Schumer. The EO extending the unemployment payments was a master stroke.

What Constitution? What extended unemployment payments? Dems passed by May 15, a bill removing uncertainty and funding a comprehensive list of key needs in response to out of control pandemic. McConnell and White House legislative staff ignored it until last week, then tore it up.

Coronavirus update: When do increased unemployment payments start? - al.com
Coronavirus update: When do increased unemployment payments start?
Posted Aug 12, 2020

....Trump’s order stipulates the benefits are retroactive to Aug. 1. Guidance from the states hasn’t been issues, yet, however, meaning when beneficiaries will see the increased payments remains to be seen.

Dems couldn't nudge Trump party to do the fair and prudent fiscal steps, even months before an important election. Trump's been very busy dismantling the USPS after blocking the funds congress appropriated in reaction to reduced business mail resulting from economic contraction.

Top ten percent own 84 percent of the stock shares. Be careful what you praise or wish for. Your POV depends on most being stupid.

Last edited:
Didn't vote on this poll. Trump is President. Harris is a Senator and a VP candidate. She can do nothing at this time to stop riots. If Biden gets elected she is only the VP. Can't do much unless the President approves.

I have a feeling that Harris will bring more to VP position and a Biden administration than you realize.

Quite a few VP's brought some serious clout to an administration. Cheney for "W" was the brains behind that outfit and kept the Secretaries in line. Kennedy had LBJ, a former Texas congressman who feared no one and went after Congress with zeal over the Civil Rights act. Reagan had George H.W. Bush who worked CIA for years. Clinton had Gore who was surprisingly good at foreign policy and technology and Clinton felt he needed someone smarter than him. Obama picked Biden whose experience in Congress proved invaluable.

While we've had dome duds as VP (Qualye and Pence), I feel that if Biden beats Trump...Harris is going to be at the front at putting back together what Trump broke concerning law and order and the electoral process. I think she's going to be out there working and in the news a lot more than Pence ever was.

Is this a joke poll?

It's heavily slanted to a preconceived opinion of what's important.

Killing people due to lack of leadership over the virus is much much worse.

What Constitution?
It's good you ask. Someone in your party should.

What extended unemployment payments? Dems passed by May 15, a bill removing uncertainty and funding a comprehensive list of key needs in response to out of control pandemic. McConnell and White House legislative staff ignored it until last week, then tore it up.
A bill is not a law. It's a good thing you asked for a primer in how Congress works. There is a process called reconciliation. The Democrats are supposed to participate.
Reconciliation (United States Congress) - Wikipedia

Dems couldn't nudge Trump party to do the fair and prudent fiscal steps, even months before an important election. Trump's been very busy dismantling the USPS after blocking the funds congress appropriated in reaction to reduced business mail resulting from economic contraction.
You have a very strange notion of both fair and prudent. Unbalanced and wasteful seem more appropriate. Pork is another.

Top ten percent own 84 percent of the stock shares. Be careful what you praise or wish for. Your POV depends on most being stupid.
This is just weird in context. Even if it's a reference to the Democrats becoming elitists while Republicans look out for the working family, it's still strange. However, given the tone of the rest of your rant, it's more likely just an outdated slogan that projects your own faults on others.

It's good you ask. Someone in your party should.

A bill is not a law. It's a good thing you asked for a primer in how Congress works. There is a process called reconciliation. The Democrats are supposed to participate.
Reconciliation (United States Congress) - Wikipedia

You have a very strange notion of both fair and prudent. Unbalanced and wasteful seem more appropriate. Pork is another.

This is just weird in context. Even if it's a reference to the Democrats becoming elitists while Republicans look out for the working family, it's still strange. However, given the tone of the rest of your rant, it's more likely just an outdated slogan that projects your own faults on others.

Jay59, compare our posts. I responded for your praise of Trump's executive order supposedly extending enhanced unemployment benefits, despite Trump having no constitutional authority to appropriate the large number of billions of dollars required to actually fund and sustain such an order.

Perhaps pointing out to you that the top ten percent own 84 percent of American owned stock shares did not point out the optics of the Senate's intransigence to you.

The stock indexes are again at record high levels, Trump slapping himself on the back for the efforts of the Fed's Powell and of Pelosi's. Meanwhile, just off Main St., and in state capitols, the fiscal situation is the opposite. The optics, not to even mention the substance, stinks, aggravated in an election season.

43 million Americans at risk of eviction as relief programs and moratorium expire: "It's a nightmare" - CBS News

You posted a link, as an attempt to "school" me as to the particulars of the reconciliation process between the two legislative bodies, in the course of actually attempting to pass legislation.

My misgivings in continuing a back and forth with you are rooted in the problem of you actually posting no facts supporting your opinion Trump acted as the constructive, responsible party, vs the democratic House leadership, 3 months ago, drafting and passing a comprehensive bill, after marshalling their caucus, presented to the Senate for its consideration and response.

I posted a link to timely reporting in a Trump state newspaper, advising readers there is no way to know when actual enhanced unemployment benefits as ordered by Trump, will arrive. Delayed mail delivery certainly cannot help the uncertain (unprecedented) steps likely necessary, nationwide, to actually make Trump's ploy end up being much more than a stunt. The "eviction moratorium extension, for example, actually amounts to no more than directing a "study" be done on that matter!

Your opinion about reconciliation, supported by a link intended to "school" me is off putting. The House passed a bill on May 15 and the Senate majority leader never took it up as any sincere reconciliation process would require. At the final hour before expiration of enhanced unemployment payments, he did not even present, an in kind, detailed counter proposal. No one from the Trump party side of the Senate is has been ctually participating in negotiations with democratic party House and Senate leaders.

Indeed, the negotiations have been left to Sec. Mnuchin, leashed by Trump's "Tea party, freedom caucus, CoS, Mr. Meadows, a man who literally drove his own party's Speaker Boehner in retirement resulting from Freedom Caucus intransigence, as directed by Se. Ted Cruz.

Last edited:
What Constitution? What extended unemployment payments? Dems passed by May 15, a bill removing uncertainty and funding a comprehensive list of key needs in response to out of control pandemic. McConnell and White House legislative staff ignored it until last week, then tore it up.

Trump has once again conned his cult. This time, into thinking that he legislated from the WH to give the unemployed benefits. He didn't. Those benefits need the states to kick in money that they don't have and he knew it. Even Republican governors are balking at Trump's move.

Trump’s new unemployment plan ‘not an option,’ DeSantis says, as he looks for others

Are you actually serious? You've got that completely backwards.

Then why in Democrat run cities do they fire the cops and make blacks public heros?

Floyd was a rather mundane but common criminal. He has been celebrated by Democrats.

Trump has once again conned his cult. This time, into thinking that he legislated from the WH to give the unemployed benefits. He didn't. Those benefits need the states to kick in money that they don't have and he knew it. Even Republican governors are balking at Trump's move.

Trump’s new unemployment plan ‘not an option,’ DeSantis says, as he looks for others

In the past, Congress legislated and a president agreed that per 100 dollars the Feds kick in, States must kick in 25. So do not blame Trump.

I understand that Harris is already vetting her new VP choices..

LOL! No need to for me to engage further when you post falsehoods.

There are plenty of Democrat liars you will engage with. So for you to claim you will not engage with falsehoods is a flat out lie.

Back
Top Bottom