• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Tax Returns

Uhm, .... he can’t do that.

He doesn't have to, because the treasury department isn't required to give Congress anyone's tax returns.

If the Democrats don't like it...take it to the Supreme Court.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight - all the other people in his tax bracket do their own taxes with Turbo tax. ( but even that hunts out deductions for you)

But if there's something illegal in there , he can't use ' my accontant did it ' as a *legal *defense.

Not all the other people in his tax bracket are the president of the united states... :shrug:

And I agree with sentence two. Honestly, take the partisan tension out this, I doubt we'd disagree on much.

Well, if you aren't willing to review the references the various authors of those documents have provided in support of their assertions, that's on you.

An author's opinion is not always correct.

An author's opinion is not always correct.

Well, that applies to you too, and the case you've presented isn't anywhere near as credible or well developed as are those I referenced. If/when you "come with portfolio" as have they, your opinion will be more valuable than your belly button.

I don't know, and I don't care. At this point with people still demanding personal information for a fishing expedition, is simply wrong. I see everyone demanding such actions as anti-American.

If Trump's tax returns show investments in, say, Russia or Saudi Arabia that could have or might in the future influence his foreign policy decisions, I want to know that. Hardly anti-American. His past pattern of frauds, conflicts of interest and other shady dealings is pretty clear already.

You are free not to care.

Wanna bet

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I don’t want your money. To be clear, the president can classify information, but it must merit being classified. In other words, the president cannot classify whatever he wants to avoid scrutiny. That isn’t the way security classifications works

Well, that applies to you too, and the case you've presented isn't anywhere near as credible or well developed as are those I referenced. If/when you "come with portfolio" as have they, your opinion will be more valuable than your belly button.

As long as you are too lazy to quote relevant paragraphs, why should I read 23 pages of text?

If you are going to take such actions and them blame me... Think about what that says about yourself.

If Trump's tax returns show investments in, say, Russia or Saudi Arabia that could have or might in the future influence his foreign policy decisions, I want to know that. Hardly anti-American. His past pattern of frauds, conflicts of interest and other shady dealings is pretty clear already.

I think you can bet that his portfolio does have such investments, in which they are available in required corporate disclosures. You can find such things is you want. But then, maybe your motive is slander?

Wake me when you actually PROVE something illegal the Clinton Foundation has done. Until that time let the reality soak in that the Trump foundation had to close due to it's corruptness. :lamo

Wake me when you actually prove that Trump did something illegal. I've been snoring for two years now.

As long as you are too lazy to quote relevant paragraphs, why should I read 23 pages of text?

If you are going to take such actions and them blame me... Think about what that says about yourself.
Red:
So you can become well informed on a matter about which you apparently give enough of a damn to discuss and form an opinion.

Red:
If his 2017 or 2018 tax returns show one cent/ruble received from a Russian state-owned/controlled entity, beholden to Russia or not, or any sum received from any other foreign state-/monarch-owned entity, that cent/ruble is incontrovertible, "smoking gun" evidence that Trump violated the emoluments clause.

Blue:
As goes the emoluments clause, the burden of proof isn't the nature, extent or absence of beholdenness; it's whether an emolument was received.

Oh Jesus. Get a life.

The statement, "most of his money comes from the US is obvious" is less than the razor sharp detail we're looking for.

You are looking for anything, anything that can take Trump down. In other words, a witch hunt.

I am almost 100% certain that those tax returns would show a couple of things
1. The man is not a billionaire.
2. He has lied to the public about almost everything to do with his businesses.

As much as I would appreciate that public humiliation, his tax returns are private, and should remain so, unless Trump himself decides to make them public.

I suppose they could become public if they were introduced as evidence in some court proceeding.

No one disputes that Trump is rich. That is not a crime and Hillary has proven over and over again that lying is OK as long as you don't do it under oath.

Even if they get a hold of his tax returns. they cannot release them to anyone.
they are still considered private documents that only trump can authorize to release.

if someone else other than the committee does get their hands on them and publish them then there needs to be an immediate investigation
and the person that leaked them arrested.

it is a federal crime to release tax returns without someone's authorization.

I can see it now. House gets Trump's tax returns. Information from them makes it to the NYT's who say that they got them from an anonymous source. The FBI investigates but the Times refuses to name their anonymous source.

He lost the right to that privacy when he defrauded the United States, when he became President and when he continued to demonstrate, while President, behavior that he's not loyal to the United States. He's not a normal person, and his behavior is not normal.

Please repost after the fermented kool aid wears off.

A criminal charge is made (an indictment) at the conclusion of an investigation; not at the start of one.

People have taken the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" to ridiculous lengths.

It's not the American way to pick out someone you don't like and then investigate them to death until you find something you can get them for. That's no different than whisking someone off the street for no reason and then investigating them to death until you find something. Remember, you lefties are all against profiling people.

It's not the American way to pick out someone you don't like and then investigate them to death until you find something you can get them for. That's no different than whisking someone off the street for no reason and then investigating them to death until you find something. Remember, you lefties are all against profiling people.

You started a thread to ask a question and I jumped in to answer it. Goodbye.

Nah, you reject my question because even though the ship is clearly sinking, you're not ready to let go of your boy. You're like the band on the Titanic...lol... That might be the silliest excuse to dodge a question I've seen so far...dang, MR.

Seems to me if what Congress was doing was illegal, they wouldn't be allowed to do it. Is what Congress is doing illegal? Have they broken any laws? What is it that has you so upset?

The left media and the resistance keep on firing at the ship until you have sunk it.

The Clinton Foundation got money from Saudi Arabia all the time. Billions. Not to mention many other shady people and countries. Guess it only matters if Trump does it.

I can see it now. House gets Trump's tax returns. Information from them makes it to the NYT's who say that they got them from an anonymous source. The FBI investigates but the Times refuses to name their anonymous source.

If i was house republicans i would call on the DOJ to investigate all communications from that panels committee and start hunting down videos of aides etc ...

Mm hmm, have a nice day.

LOL. You know darn well that that is what you want. You've got 50,000 posts. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out your thoughts and motivations.

The Clinton Foundation got money from Saudi Arabia all the time. Billions. Not to mention many other shady people and countries. Guess it only matters if Trump does it.

I found it funny that clinton foundation money dried up pretty quick after she lost the election.

Well, we pretty much know that the House will get Trump's tax returns at some point. The burning question is, what are they going to do with them? Are they going to be kept private in committee or are they going to be released to the full House or what? How much legal rights do the House have in regards to making his tax returns or pieces of information in them public? Can they just willy nilly release any information from them that they want just for political purposes or are they obligated to keep the returns private?

IF, the house has the jam to get them before the 2020 election, we know there will be leaks, lies and legal challenges and a law suit or two. That is "IF". It's not a done deal and Trump has already created a plan to keep in the courts for as long as it takes.

What will be 100% for sure is that Trump will fight it, creating yet another distraction about him and NOT the issues facing the nation.

IF, the house has the jam to get them before the 2020 election, we know there will be leaks, lies and legal challenges and a law suit or two. That is "IF". It's not a done deal and Trump has already created a plan to keep in the courts for as long as it takes.

What will be 100% for sure is that Trump will fight it, creating yet another distraction about him and NOT the issues facing the nation.

What will be 100% for sure is that Democrats will investigate Trump for everything they can investigate him for, creating yet more distractions about him and NOT the issues facing the nation.

Back
Top Bottom