• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Speech

Yeah, Obama's presidency has been terrible and full of mistakes. What's Trump going to do about it? Nothing. He's just some huge blowhard, an egotistical ass with no plan, no clue, and no way to accomplish anything he says he's going to.

He's selling us a bill of goods and some are eating it up.

Maybe you are right, in part. I'm not a Trump fan and have been waiting a while to hear some semblance of an actual plan. He put some specifics in his speech last night, especially about cutting the fat from federal spending in the first 100 days while working to determine the best way to address America's debt load.

However, as it is with our American two party system, once again we must choose the lesser of two evils. I do not like Trump particularly. I think he should have laid out a much more specific plan by this point in the election cycle. But Hillary has laid out a plan- and its a terrible, awful very bad plan. While this election was supposed to be referendum on the economy, I think at this point foreign policy has become the number 1 concern for a lot of voters. We know- we have seen- we are certain that Hillary is incompetent in the area of foreign policy. It has been candy land for foreign governments (such as Iran and Russia), because a pacifist US President presents an opportunity for advancement that wouldn't be available to them under a President Trump.

As a swing voter, this is my reasoning and why I will hold my nose and cast my vote for Trump. I know that he is the best choice of the two.

"Real" people?

Seriously?

Well, real people? Like poor people or politicians who's parents were poor? Or poor people in general?

''My entire life, I've watched politicians bragging about how poor they are, how they came from nothing, how poor their parents and grandparents were. And I said to myself, if they can stay so poor for so many generations, maybe this isn't the kind of person we want to be electing to higher office,” Trump told Dowd, adding, “How smart can they be? They're morons.”

Trump speaks the truth on the trade deficit, the national debt, the decline of the average workers salary, the increase in poverty etc, etc and the Democrats say he is spreading fear and hate. The truth is the Democrats don't want the truth to be known.

The truth is leftists are full of misery and unhappiness. That's all they know. Even if you gave everything the lefts wants, there wouldn't be a dime's worth of difference in the way they feel. They have had nearly eight years of BO and his leftist policies and they still aren't happy. They like to call themselves, "progressive," these days but when you present a plan to move forward, they get their underwear bunched up. LMAO

The bolded explains your rant and your perspective. Might want to take a trip to a few places where the folks who can't afford to shop at the mall do their shopping.

Online? I've been there, too.

Maybe you are right, in part. I'm not a Trump fan and have been waiting a while to hear some semblance of an actual plan. He put some specifics in his speech last night, especially about cutting the fat from federal spending in the first 100 days while working to determine the best way to address America's debt load.

However, as it is with our American two party system, once again we must choose the lesser of two evils. I do not like Trump particularly. I think he should have laid out a much more specific plan by this point in the election cycle. But Hillary has laid out a plan- and its a terrible, awful very bad plan. While this election was supposed to be referendum on the economy, I think at this point foreign policy has become the number 1 concern for a lot of voters. We know- we have seen- we are certain that Hillary is incompetent in the area of foreign policy. It has been candy land for foreign governments (such as Iran and Russia), because a pacifist US President presents an opportunity for advancement that wouldn't be available to them under a President Trump.

As a swing voter, this is my reasoning and why I will hold my nose and cast my vote for Trump. I know that he is the best choice of the two.

He didn't give specifics, he gave fluffy words and nothing more.

And foreign policy...Trump has ZERO clue. Hillary might not be good, but at least she has some experience and won't be all overblown bravado, pissing off enemy and ally alike. Trump cannot be trusted with foreign policy in the least.

But in the end, Trump would be a disaster, and one of the largest embarrassments that this country ever faced should he be elected. Hillary is a corporate politician and would just continue the Republocrat status quo (not that Trump would buck that...he wouldn't. Plus he's pretty damned corporate himself). The lesser of two evils is still evil.

So this time, I'm not voting for evil. I'm voting for Gary Johnson, the best candidate for the job.

Because Gary Johnson is going to be able to change the Republicrat system? He would have an even less chance then Trump.

Some people are used to losing. Johnson might be a wonderful guy, but let's be real here. A vote for Johnson is a vote for Crooked Hillary.

Excerpts:

Full text here.

It's probably good that he didn't use some aphorism like "If a person works hard he'll get ahead in life," or "America is the land of the free and the home of the brave." He'd be accused of plagiarism. Not that real people even care about plagiarism.

The "Mourning in America" speech. How very uplifting.

That is called accepting reality, its only "Fear-Mongering" if you don't want the truth exposed.

We are $20T in debt
We have $500B year Deficit
We have a $800B year Trade defect
Average income is down $4000 year
We have record number of people on welfare, public assistance.

I'd call that all screwed up and that is just the economic problems.

A lot of your low energy people think those stats are great and wonderful. Sad.

Some people are used to losing. Johnson might be a wonderful guy, but let's be real here. A vote for Johnson is a vote for Crooked Hillary.
No, it's not. That's just silly. A vote for Johnson is a vote for Johnson. It might be a wasted vote, but it's not a vote for Hillary.

I think it's hilarious how wrapped up in team politics some people are, that they completely forget what a vote actually means.

Russia likes Trump because of his statements about not supporting NATO.
Iran has abandoned its nuclear weapons program due to the agreement forged by five powerful nations, including the US. No one had to, as was suggested by the war hawks, use "tactical nukes" to destroy Iran's nuclear facilities.

Yes, if we elect Trump America might just become as bad as he keeps saying it is.

With Hillary as POTUS, probably not much will change. With Trump as POTUS, things are likely to get a lot worse.

We were never safe, we are not meant to be safe. We are free instead.
It has always amazed me how so few people are able to understand such a simple concept. There is no way to provide absolute safety and security without sacrificing freedom and liberty. It is not possible yet so many people continue to demand more of our government while simultaneously bitching about the loss of freedom.

So many facepalm moments...

Then so be it. If the Republicans actually wanted to govern...properly...they would NEVER have nominated Trump.

No, it's not. That's just silly. A vote for Johnson is a vote for Johnson. It might be a wasted vote, but it's not a vote for Hillary.

I think it's hilarious how wrapped up in team politics some people are, that they completely forget what a vote actually means.

I don't think a vote for Johnson is going to prove much, I mean, he's not going to win so why give Crooked Hillary the power to chose our next SCOTUS which will have an effect on the nation for a very long time?

Oops, Trump is making the Dutch work again:

trumpposter.jpg

A working Dutch person is a winning Dutch person because the man on the picture is a Dutch man named Jan Jonkhout and the pictures were made by a Dutch photographer named Ysbrand Cosijn.

The Trump campaign has used a stock image from Ysbrand Cosijn's Portfolio on Shutterstock

So this image has not that much to do with the US or "a working America" and even less with a "winning America".

The Trump campaign stumbles again, after "leak-gate", "my little pony gate" now we have campaign poster gate. But I doubt that the Donald has anything really to do with the stupid choice for a Dutch image to represent the US worker, that is all down to the campaign staff who made these choices. In a presidential campaign not all choices will be made by the candidate him- or herself.

I don't think a vote for Johnson is going to prove much, I mean, he's not going to win
A vote is not about your team winning. A vote is about your personal statement on who you think best represents the interest of you and your country.

You have to get out of the team politics mentality.

Then so be it. If the Republicans actually wanted to govern...properly...they would NEVER have nominated Trump.

So you would rather have Crooked Hillary in there? Unbelievable. What's "proper?" LMAO There's nothing proper about politics anyway. lol

A vote is not about your team winning. A vote is about your personal statement on who you think best represents the interest of you and your country.

Americans are a team. And this election is far more important for the country than it is for me "making a statement." Food for thought.

Americans are a team.
But you're not talking about the American team.
And this election is far more important for the country than it is for me "making a statement." Food for thought.
:roll:

Oh, please. EVERY presidential election is billed "far more important". In comparison to others on this forum, I'm fairly young, but I've been alive for 8 presidential elections (this is the 9th) and aware of things for 5 of them. Every single one I can remember is "far more important".

The fact is you're engaging in team politics. If a person thinks Gary Johnson is the best candidate for the job, then they should vote Gary Johnson. I didn't vote in the primaries, but if I had voted in the Republican primary, I would have voted for John Kasich. Because I think he was the best candidate in the Republican field. Me voting for Kasich (who finished third) would not have been a vote for Donald Trump. It would have been a vote for John Kasich.

Your thinking on this is not healthy for this country. Unfortunately, too many people, on both sides of the aisle, feel the same way.

I don't think a vote for Johnson is going to prove much, I mean, he's not going to win so why give Crooked Hillary the power to chose our next SCOTUS which will have an effect on the nation for a very long time?

It's either crooked Hillary or conman Trump. At least voting for Johnson is voting against the two of them.

Oops, Trump is making the Dutch work again:

View attachment 67204609

A working Dutch person is a winning Dutch person because the man on the picture is a Dutch man named Jan Jonkhout and the pictures were made by a Dutch photographer named Ysbrand Cosijn.

The Trump campaign has used a stock image from Ysbrand Cosijn's Portfolio on Shutterstock

So this image has not that much to do with the US or "a working America" and even less with a "winning America".

The Trump campaign stumbles again, after "leak-gate", "my little pony gate" now we have campaign poster gate. But I doubt that the Donald has anything really to do with the stupid choice for a Dutch image to represent the US worker, that is all down to the campaign staff who made these choices. In a presidential campaign not all choices will be made by the candidate him- or herself.

Maybe Trump wants to make Holland great again.

It's either crooked Hillary or conman Trump. At least voting for Johnson is voting against the two of them.

Again, that's a lousy statement to be making when much is at stake. It appears your "statement" means more to you than your country. Sad. And selfish, I might add.

Agreed. Few things are more shallow than taking the future of our great country as seriously as one takes a football game.

At least Trump will try, Hillary will only seek to advance the Republicrat agenda.

Except Trump is clueless about how to do anything but cutting taxes and spending trillions more. He is out to bankrupt the country and line his pockets while doing it. That has always been his strong suit.

But you're not talking about the American team.
:roll:

Oh, please. EVERY presidential election is billed "far more important". In comparison to others on this forum, I'm fairly young, but I've been alive for 8 presidential elections (this is the 9th) and aware of things for 5 of them. Every single one I can remember is "far more important".

The fact is you're engaging in team politics. If a person thinks Gary Johnson is the best candidate for the job, then they should vote Gary Johnson. I didn't vote in the primaries, but if I had voted in the Republican primary, I would have voted for John Kasich. Because I think he was the best candidate in the Republican field. Me voting for Kasich (who finished third) would not have been a vote for Donald Trump. It would have been a vote for John Kasich.

Your thinking on this is not healthy for this country. Unfortunately, too many people, on both sides of the aisle, feel the same way.

When you have Crooked Hillary poised to make SCOTUS appointments that will effect the nation in negative ways for years to come, yes, this election IS far more important. More important than you realize.

Wow! Obama made mistakes and Hillary is not perfect. Stop the presses.

That's not a speech. It's a whine.

So I take it you're entirely happy with how things are going.

Back
Top Bottom